Your most magical WDW experiences

MonorailMan

<font color=red>Relatively Cheap Date, Dewars Alw
Or, if you prefer, you can use Disneyland as the backdrop for your answers. Or....if you want to swing the other way, feel free to post your LEAST magical moments.

In random order, mine are:

--Around the holiday season of 1991 my high school band was the first to precede the brand new Spectromagic parade by marching down Main Street and playing the music of Tchaikovsky, our marching season show music. :yay::yay: (Main Street is an insanely tight squeeze for a 200-member band. :rolleyes:) After we were done marching I was one of the few people to haul butt back to the backstage area behind PotC to change out of my uniform so I could go see the parade. It was so amazing that it almost brought me to tears. :cutie: (It's still my favorite parade.)

--When I was 7 I was at Epcot with the family and even though I have always had problems talking to new people due to the autism I wanted to go up to talk to DreamFinder and Figment. DreamFinder asked me what I was (not WHO I was).....and I responded with, "......I'm a human bean", not realizing that the correct word I was looking for was "being". DreamFinder just stared and smiled at me for a few seconds and said, "Well, you sound delicious!!", as he and Figment started laughing.

And I won't mention how I got engaged to my high school sweet heart on the beach of the Poly during the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. :rolleyes1 :o

Watching a little girl meet Mary Poppins at Epcot.

Watching a little girl meet Mary Poppins at Epcot.

Was that little girl you? :confused3

You start such a nice thread, then go in for the kill?

My best friend while in college and for several years after and I had kind of drifted apart. There was no fight or anything. I got married and he moved to Florida. Life just kind of happened. In 2008 I was driving my mother to Florida to her winter home and just before I left I called him and asked him if he wanted to go out to dinner the following weekend. I hadn't talked to him for years. The last time I had actually seen him was 1991 and that was his father's wake. We had talked a couple of times on the phone since then. After going to a slightly uncomfortable dinner we decided to plan a trip to WDW. So in March 2009 he and I took a trip to WDW. There were many, many, many magical moments but one that really stands out was standing in the line for Toy Story. It was our first day there and the line was over an hour wait. Things just clicked and it was like we had never been out of each other's lives.

We now text or e-mail or talk on the phone EVERYDAY and in two weeks we will be going to WDW again as part of a trip to bring my daughter to look at colleges in Florida.

There are a couple...

Some time ago there was a mime in France. He did some work with balloons. One of the things he would do toward the end was put a red balloon nose on a little kid. This one time the little boy who ended up with the red balloon nose was so darn cute! A beautiful child with a wonderful sense of humor. He laughed and laughed and laughed so very hard that the entire audience was laughing with him. ::yes::

Another time, in France my wife and I had bought a cheese plate, which then came with a baguette and some wine from the little bakery (back when the bakery actually had a very nice cheese plate...). We settled ourselves at one of the outdoor tables to have a little lunch when the clouds rolled in fast as they sometimes do in Florida. Everyone started to scatter, but we simply popped up our huge umbrella, moved closer to each other (oh that was hard to take!) and enjoyed our lunch in the rain. People passed by and smiled at us, which was part of the niceness of the whole thing. :yes:

There have been many good moments...

Nice thread!

A beautiful child with a wonderful sense of humor.

That reminded me of another one. In 2000 the parents of a friend of my son had very recently gotten divorced and it was hard on the friend. We invited him to WDW for his first ever trip. At Chef Mickey's breakfast, Goofy pour orange juice on the friends head. We were there with my brother and his kids as well. Had it been one of my nephews it would have been tears, but somehow Goofy knew who to target. We laughed until we cried.

P.S. It was just a little orange juice, not like a whole glass.

SO many:

Our 1st trip when I was 12, the amazing magical feeling that totally enveloped me when I walked onto Main St.

Taking my 3 children in 2000, they didn't know Tink would fly overhead..I had an awesome spot for us and she literally flew over us. My children were blown away!

When I asked Christy to marry me on the beach at Poly. It was so special and our great and power MOD was there. That whole trip, being her 1st, made is SO incredible. Like going again for my 1st time. Every day was a new adventure and the entire trip was SO romantic. :love:

Looking forward to our honeymoon this year!! Making new memories in DW! :woohoo:

I'm liking these.
Keep 'em comin'! Keep 'em comin'! :yay:

My daughter in an outfit that happened to match the colors of Mickey's house, sat on his front stoop (she was little enought that it matched!)

It is one of my favortite memories and pictures from that trip. A sweet Asian man asked me if he could take a picture too! So somewhere in Asia is a picture of my little one:rotfl:

My son was less than 3, and got in IASW boat and went into baby shock. He loved it. He stood next to me, my arm around him, and leaned back to see the top and went "oooh" through the whole ride. The people behind us stopped looking at the dolls and looked at my son instead. We rode it many times on that ride and I did not mind a bit.

Least: Being left suddenly by everyone in my extended family with my daughter, when she was only about 2,( as they all ran ahead to Pleasure Island ). I was terrified that I would lose her if I put her down, she was too tired to walk anyway, and I did not know then to bring my stroller for this very reason - getting out of the park.

It took over an hour to just get out of the park, and then I had to get on the Monorail to the Poly and walk to Shades of Green. When I entered the lobby I got greeted with "Where have you been" by my inlaws (not in a nice way)

Needless to say I lost it.

Good memories do out weigh the bad, but I have found that even good, kind people become tunnel focused after a while.

Kathleen

Steven and I had never experienced Holidays in the park before. We had seen many pictures, but weren't prepared for what we experienced.

Although this isn't the actual experience I'm referring to, initially when we walked down Mainstreet, hearing carolers, decorations everywhere and the smells of cinnamon and evergreen, it almost took our breath away.

But the last night we were there we had just finished watching the Castle lighting/snow for probably the 6th time that weekend. We never got tired of seeing it. We wandered around the castle afterwards, holding hands. Something we never do in the park. We were gawking at the lights on the castle. We walked over to Sleeping Beauty's wishing well, committed our lives to one another and exchanged rings. We were on cloud nine.

It was almost midnight by this point, so we started walking very, very slowly towards the gate. We made it just to the beginning of mainstreet when it started to snow. It caught us off guard since they usually only do that twice a night at specific times. Everyone on Mainstreet stopped and was looking upward and were so quiet. They then started playing Silent Night (not sure who the singer is, but she's amazing). We stood there with everyone else, watching the snow, listening to the music and realized that we both had tears going down our face.

Most magical moment I've ever had. I couldn't believe how quiet everyone was.

Of course, Steven took that as an opportunity to film me without me paying attention, crying and all. ;)

We have the Disney Curse. DS frequently gets sick right before we leave. Like, the night before. The night before our very first trip (you know, the once in a lifetime trip? :rolleyes: ) he was sick. Fever, throwing up. :scared1: The next morning he felt a little better, so we went as planned. He did fine on the plane, felt OK. By the time we got to Pop Century and checked in he was feeling pretty much like his old self. We went to MK, and as we were riding Big Thunder he shouted "This is the best day of my life!" :goodvibes He was fine for the rest of the trip.

Going to Traditions (Orientation) and having someone tap my shoulder.

It was Mickey, handing me my name tag......

Steven and I had never experienced Holidays in the park before. We had seen many pictures, but weren't prepared for what we experienced.

Although this isn't the actual experience I'm referring to, initially when we walked down Mainstreet, hearing carolers, decorations everywhere and the smells of cinnamon and evergreen, it almost took our breath away.

But the last night we were there we had just finished watching the Castle lighting/snow for probably the 6th time that weekend. We never got tired of seeing it. We wandered around the castle afterwards, holding hands. Something we never do in the park. We were gawking at the lights on the castle. We walked over to Sleeping Beauty's wishing well, committed our lives to one another and exchanged rings. We were on cloud nine.

It was almost midnight by this point, so we started walking very, very slowly towards the gate. We made it just to the beginning of mainstreet when it started to snow. It caught us off guard since they usually only do that twice a night at specific times. Everyone on Mainstreet stopped and was looking upward and were so quiet. They then started playing Silent Night (not sure who the singer is, but she's amazing). We stood there with everyone else, watching the snow, listening to the music and realized that we both had tears going down our face.

Most magical moment I've ever had. I couldn't believe how quiet everyone was.

Of course, Steven took that as an opportunity to film me without me paying attention, crying and all. ;)

Mark, you so just took my breath away....tears of happiness for you both! What an AMAZING moment. So very happy for you both. That was a night you'll NEVER forget and will talk about for years! :hug:

My daughter in an outfit that happened to match the colors of Mickey's house, sat on his front stoop (she was little enought that it matched!)

It is one of my favortite memories and pictures from that trip. A sweet Asian man asked me if he could take a picture too! So somewhere in Asia is a picture of my little one:rotfl:

I think almost every Disney nut has this picture... not the picture of your daughter exactly but a picture of a child that just needed to be taken at that moment... for us it was our first trip in 2001 (nelson and i together, I had been once prior in 1996), we were eating at CP in MK near the windows where people wait outside to be seated and this little angel (she was so perfect) dressed in a tinkerbell outfit was just outside our window, smiling and waving at us... she was just perfect!

That is one of my very favorite things to do at Disney... watch kids eyes light up and watch them interact with the characters...

I think everyone had heard of my most magical moment in WDW... but in case you have not... It was that same trip, the very first in 2001 when immediately following the fireworks, Nelson proposed to me (with a plastic mickey mouse shaped ring) in front of Cindys castle! That was magical... :lovestruc:cloud9::love:

WOW, awesome stories so far....

Well, Lex (my partner) and I went on vacation with part of my family for Christmas '08...and he is one to NEVER show any emotion, ever. He's a big guy, and has never been one to even let on that he's enjoying himself, even at Disney. Well, one day, we were at Animal Kingdom, and had just ridden EE twice with my nephew and niece. When we were on our way back to meet up with my sister and brother in law, we ran into Baloo and King Louie. Well, I immediately got in line, and got to take my pics. Next up, was Lex. He literally RAN to Baloo and threw his arms around him and gave him a HUGE HUG, as he literally yelled out BALOOOOOOOOOO! He then turned around and had several pics taken with the largest smile I've ever seen on his face. Soon afterwards, I watched him have FUN with Terk, and then with Stitch (he totally ignored Lilo)....lol.

It brought tears to my eyes watching him release his inner child... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter