Your most magical WDW experiences

But that's how it started. With a wish for Prince Charming in a wishing well as I left Disney World. And Prince Charming was there waiting in the parking lot the next time I went back.

Like I said . . . Magic.;)

OK, this better work. I'm going to WDW in a couple of weeks with my best friend. I'm going to make my best friend wish for Prince Charming in a wishing well as we leave. I love him so much and I want him to have someone special in his life.

I'm not sure that I'd call this "magic" but it still brings tears to my eyes every time I think about it.

My first trip to the world was in April of 1991 with my grandparents. We were only spending one day there at Magic Kingdom and then would head to their time share in Long Boat Key, FL. I'll never forgot walking through the gates and getting my first glimpse of the castle. I was literally speechless and didn't know what to say. My grandma grabbed my hand and squeezed it and whispered in my ears "it's magical isn't it?". If she only knew what she started...

She's been gone for 5 years now.. and on our first trip after she passed we sat down on the curb to watch a parade. As you all know normally every inch of available space is taken, but strangely a spot directly next to me never filled. Several people sat there but all of them moved on before the parade started. I'm convinced she was there with us. :)

Awesome thread. :goodvibes Some very touching stories.

For me, it's hard to pin down to a specific event but WDW is where I feel the closest to my now deceased father. We were not close in life (sad to say) -- but he was just about the best grand-dad to my older 3 kids that anybody could ever imagine. He planned out really great vacations for them every year: alligator farms, Cypress Gardens, beaches, and, of course, Walt Disney World. And when he was with the kids, he was incredibly patient, kind, and completely present for them. I'm not sure that I would ever have seen that side of him under other circumstances and I am SO grateful for that opportunity.

Here's mine:

I didn't go to Disney till I was 29 and on my honeymoon. On June18, 2006, me and hubby walked through the gates of Magic Kingdom. I saw the castle and burst into tears.:sad1: It was totally worth the wait. I still cry every time I see it.

Going on the Disney Cruise and seeing Castaway Cay for the first time. Such a beautiful sunrise/sunset! :cloud9:

When Kenny (DH) and I went to D-Land for the first time. It was an honor for me to walk in the same park that Walt had walked. That was also where I got hooked on POTC and Splash Mountain.

My first solo trip to WDW during the holidays. I had a blast last Nov/Dec. I got to see all the beautiful decorations and watched the childrens' eyes as they ran to Mickey. I stayed at Pop and loved to listen to the classic Christmas music.

Anna

I've only been to Disney World once, and it was in November last year. I went for 7 nights and attended the MVMCP. Anyway, Peter Pan has always been my favorite Disney movie EVER. The 6th night I was there, the crowd was REALLY low and as I was walking to POTC, I ran into Peter Pan and Wendy. I had my picture taken with them. Anyway, as a line of kids started to form, Peter Pan asked me if I had a few minutes to spare. So of course, I said sure!!!!

He told me to hang around until the line died and we'd go ride the magic carpets together! WE DID! It was amazing. I sat next to Peter and Wendy sat in the back, and it was the most exciting thing that could've happened to me! I am attaching a picture below!

peterpan.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter