Your non Disney thing that makes you think Disney...

dobtia

DIS Veteran
Ok, so the temps in Texas are climbing up. We are heading out for a 12:30 baseball game for my son. I am one of the coaches, not a big hat guy, but got the great semi bald look going. As an after thought heading out the door the door I grab the sunscreen. First time needed this year. Then....................................................................Bam......the Disney smell. First thing in the parks each day we get our sunscreen going. It just has that rope drob feel and smell. We all had a good laugh and realized....28 days.

You have a non traditional Disney thing that makes you think Disney?

Ignoring the fact I'm a crazy DISer and I think Disney 99% of the time......

There's sometimes a smell nrea trains or on the London Underground that smells just like BTMRR!!

Also if I smell or eat Banana bread I am instantly having breakfast in DLRP, as the disneylandh hotel there has the most delicious bana bread and I ate way too much of it every day we were there!

It's so funny that you posted this because just today I was thinking there should be a thread like this. It's starting to get pretty hot here in SC and I turned on the AC in my car on high for the first time this year. Suddenly, that cold, slightly musty smell, transfered me instantly to my favorite WDW resort! :goodvibes

I bought some coconut scented room spray from Yankee Candle recently because the scent reminds me of the Beach Club lobby. :flower3:

Mine is scent-related too!

Whenever I smell oranges (usually because my coworker is peeling one) I immediately think of being on Soarin'. Makes me happy :goodvibes

funny you ask... today was overcast and humid and while we were out shopping today my hubby says to me "smells like disney outside" :)

every fall reminds me of disney, i guess because we have done alot of fall trips.

I bet the majority of these will be tied to scents since scent is the sense most linked the memory! So interesting :thumbsup2

I bet the majority of these will be tied to scents since scent is the sense most linked the memory! So interesting :thumbsup2

Yeah it is great how we can associate other smells like these with our favorite stuff. Every trip we have done a character breakfast at AK. We are always in a near empty park because we do it on none EMH days. Sometimes here after it rains it has that AK morning, damp smell.

We always bring bagels with us to have in the room for breakfast so that we can just eat in the room and head directly to the parks. So, pretty much everytime I have an everything bagel with plain cream cheese I instantly think of Disney.

Since we stayed at the POP last time out any old tv show themes or old commercials bring me back to the bus rides. Also steel drum music reminds me of when we stayed at CBR.

Every time I hear a song from a Jimmy Buffett mix CD we made, I think of Disney. We listened to it all the way down to WDW last summer.

We've been to all over including Yellowstone, Hawaii, Mexico and the Caribbean...but it's always memories of Disney that come flooding back when there are certain scents; A fresh spring rain, blooming trees, hand lotions (yes, hand lotions) I cannot wait to get back. Only 12 more days! :cool1:

At the diner near our apartment, they use the same orangey deodorizer in the bathrooms as they use in a lot of the MK bathrooms. Of course, it's our favorite diner! :rotfl:

Every day when I wash my hair I think of it because the shampoo and conditioner I'm using now (L'oreal Vive in the gold bottle) smells like it to me. I can't pinpoint the scent but I seriously get visions of WDW in my head when I wash my hair, LOL. :lovestruc

Cinnamon bread. Get it? Cinnamon bread....Main St. Bakery. It all connects. :goodvibes

Today I took my daughter to a birthday party that was being held in an indoor waterpark. I went to the closet to get a beach bag to put our towels and clean clothes in and I pulled out the Disney Bag that I bought at the Wilderness Lodge last summer. I was so wishing that I was going to BB or TL.

Whenever I see a comfy looking pair of shoes, I wonder how they'd be for Disney. And, of course, Crocks always scream "Disney".;)

I went to the park today with my DW, and we sat on a bench in the shade looking over the trees and grass. The sun was shining, and you couldn't hear any traffic, and I was immediately "there." And we spent a hour talking about our Disney Cruise we are planning for Sept 2010.

Only 23 days until AKL Villas.

There was something recently that reminded me of the smell of a Disney bus - can't remember what that was. This is probably the strangest one though - whenever I get into the elevator at work, I feel like I'm in the elevators at Pop Century. I don't think its the smell - maybe the size/color? :confused3 Totally weird - but I enjoy reminiscing.:goodvibes

GROCERY SHOPPING!! haha. Whenever I buy granola bars, or pre-packed things like applesauce. And then, I start looking for good park snacks... and then I get home and start looking for good park snack recipes... and then I give them a test run to see how easy they are to put together... :rotfl:

It's a downward spiral.

OH and I did spot a HUGE hidden mickey on an Office Max truck the other day. I actually took a picture of it with my phone.... but I can't get the picture from my phone to the computer. :headache: Oh well, just picture 3 HUGE rubber band balls in the shape of a hidden mickey! haha. I literally was talking to my mom on the phone and was like ::gasp:: let me call you right back! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter