Your Oldest Disney Memory

looks like this to me...
blue.jpg

Ewww! No wonder I don't drink!

My memory is so terrible. I only remember bits and pieces of things and forget about putting dates to it. I can't remember when my first trip was. I do remember my favorite Disney memory. It was either 95 or 96 and my family won a trip to WDW from AT&T! :cheer2: The biggest thing I remember was feeling like royalty. We stayed at the Contemporary. Food was included in our prize. I remember eating at Coral Reef and really enjoying it. :banana:

I was a little kid. According to Dad, we went before the park was officially open. There was some sort of FL resident preview that they did. I remember that I loved the castle and I wanted to live there with Cinderella.

Okay, I've finally got a moment during this hectic week to actually reply to this thread.

My first Disney memory? It was the very first time my Dad took me to the movies. We went during the afternoon one Saturday. We saw Disney's Robin Hood. I loved it! My friends loved it! We were surprised that it was still daylight outside when we left the movies. I was sure that since it was dark inside, it must be dark outside, too. We bought the movie soundtrack (on vinyl LP!) and played it and sang along to it until we wore it out. Someone bought us the Robin Hood paper dolls, and finger puppets, and we played with them constantly. To this day Robin Hood is one of my favorite movies.

My first Disney park memory? We did only one Disney trip when we were younger. I was in the 6th grade. Mom and Dad pulled us out of school and we took the Amtrack train from Southern Colorado to Fullerton, CA and we did 2 days at Disneyland (staying at the Westward Ho-motel about two blocks away) and a day at the beach, a day at Knott's Berry Farm and a day sightseeing in Hollywood. Some memories of that trip:
1. My sister got chickenpox, but it wasn't showing on her face, so my parents didn't know that's what it was. We found out when we got home. Lord knows how many kids from around the world went home with an extra souvenir of chicken pox.
2. I bought one of those Kentucky Long Rifle toy guns in Frontierland and carried it home on the train. (imagine doing that now!) I still have it.
3. Similar to Zeit's memory, we had silhouettes cut. One each of me, my brother and sister. My mom has had one set (the one facing the left side fo the paper) on the wall of their (our) home ever since. My grandmother had the other set (facing right.) In 2003, we did our next family trip to Disney. this time it was WDW and we were celebrating Mom and Dad's 35th anniversary. Part of our gift to them was to have a set of silhouettes done. One of me, one of my brother and his girlfriend, one of my sister and her husband. My mom now has those three sets (facing right) framed and they are on the wall facing towards the ones we got back at Disneyland as kids. In 2004, when mom came to Florida to visit Scott. She made sure she got a set done of the two of us, so that he'd be up on the wall with us.

My first WDW trip was in 2001, so no kid trips. But I liked it enough to keep returning until I met prince charming at Gay Days 2003. That's my FAVORITE Disney memory. Though the Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding is a close second on the favorites list.

Those are some wonderful memories, espeically meeting Prince Charming there. :)

I guess I should have included in my memories that my partner and I exchanged rings at the wishing well by Snow Whites Castle.

He'd kill me that I forgot to add that to the list.

My parents never took us to Disney so all of my Disney memories prior to my 18th birthday were parkless.

1.) From as long as I can remember my grandma played an old cassette of Disneyland music whenever I was taking a nap or when we were in a car ride... it had Tiki Room, Country Bears, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Orig. Hall of Pres. Speech, and more that I don't remember as well

2.) Going to see Beauty and the Beast in theater and then On Ice and protecting my magical Belle mirror with all of my life

First park memories:
1.) 1st ride- Tower of Terror followed by Rock n Roller Coaster
2.) 1st character- JoJo & Goliath

Others:
1.) My Disney Engagement during Illuminations
2.) My Disney 21st birthday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter