Your other half...do they love Disney as much as you???

ThreeMusketeers

DIS Veteran
And how do you get them there, more than once every decade???

We just got back from our December Trip, and I..being the planner that I am, have already started planning our trip for January 2007. However, when I decided to let Hubby in on the details, he was like "WHAT? Disney again..already???" He says he dosen't want to go back until we have GRANDKIDS! Mind you our daughter is 3! After MUCH panicing and talking, he said..well lets at least do a trip inbtwn Disney, I don't want that to be the only place we go!

Does anyone else have this dilema...and how do you deal??

:confused3

unfortunately... DH is immune to pixie dust. It just doesn't affect him at all. He's been twice- and it was so hard to get him to come- that now we leave him behind! I enjoy his company the other 51 weeks a year... but I don't need any eye rollers on my trip to WDW!

Luckily my Dh likes Disney too. Last summer he almost convinced me to take a side trip to WDW after our Hilton Head week.

My husband likes Disney almost as much as I do....I actually tear up when I see the big sign for the Magic Kingdom (I must be nuts)
We took our 2 boys last weekend and when we were done checking in he said..."we should do this more often, its only 2 hrs away!" I was like "that sounds great to me!!" I honestly thought that he would change his mind when we got home but 2 days later we had our reservations for March 20-24!
I think that he is comming along!
Julie
:love:

DH only goes because I love it so much! If it were up to him, we would NEVER be back there!!! But I guilt trip him into it by telling him he is denying our 4 year old and our new DD, who is only 8 months old! I tell him we HAVE to go for them!!!! (and of course, for me!) He can complain all he wants...we will still probably go every year. After all, we bought timeshare in Orlando for a reason. We've had 14 trips in 8 years! :teeth:

Go without him! :lmao: My DH could totally do without Disney and I'm completely hooked, so last year I took the kids and went without him! We had a BLAST! :banana: :banana:

Dha nd I are both Disney nuts! Heck, that's what attracted us to eachother. DH was a CM at DLR for 5 years so he was addicted long before we ever met. I was into all things Disney (parks, movies, cartoons, shows...). Our first BIG date was to DLR, thus it was only natural for us to have our wedding at DLR and honeymoon at WDW :) We ahve made sidetrips to the parks, event hough we were 5 hours away, why because we love the mouse. Everyone else says, "Your're going again?" we like it and couldn't imagine a life without it.

He loves Disney MORE than I do. I'm the one telling him NO, we can't take a trip to WDW next spring (we're planning one for December). He thinks two trips a year is "optimal" (he just said this to me today). He would make every vacation a Disney vacation, and just about does! I almost never get to visit family because he's always dragging me to WDW, lol. :) Sorry I am no help!

My DH said we can go every 2 years as long as he gets to pick the vacation on the off year. He really likes taking the kids there. While they are young it is something we all can enjoy.(his words)

We were just there in October and plan on going back again in Oct. 2007. He really liked MNSSHP. We may get back sooner if DD's cheer group decides to go.

My DH loves Disney-just not as crazy as I do! My 6yo DS and I have a theory-we went into Tinkerbell's Shop and we figured we were sprinkled with pixie dust-my DH unfortunately did not go into the store with us-so he missed out on the magic. :sad1: I'm still working on him for a trip sooner than what we have planned ;)

DH likes DIsney a lot but no where near as much as I do. He is a great sport and bought DVC for my 30th birthday. We plan on doing a weekend trip for DD birthday every year and a week to WDW every other year w/ a different place thrown in during the off year. We also do a lot of weekend trips so it doesn't feel like the ONLY place we go is Disney. I also try to schedule things just for him on our trips (in August he went on a fishing excursion) and I do go back for rest time (with the baby that's a must now). THe rest time is for him b/c if it was up to me--I'd be there for the entire time it was open!

I absolutely love DISNEY....DH doesn't get it...but he loves FLORIDA and warm southern weather....so we compromised. We go to Florida every year (in the future we plan at least twice a year) and we bought into DVC so I get DISNEY and he gets FLORIDA. We're both winners.

And, the kids love it as well. Still, not as much as me but they love the warm air, swimming pools, and just being somewhere else for a few weeks..

My DH does not enjoy Disney as much as I do..........he doesn't seem to get the magic! Therefore, of the last six trips, he has gone on 3 and the kids and I have gone without him on the other 3.

I try to take the kids without him every other year and he goes with us on the alternate trips (he does want to vacation with his family sometimes!)

We did buy into DVC and bought annual passes so I have talked him into an extra trip this year!! :teeth:

My dh likes to act as if he isn't in love w/ Disney, but I think that he is just a big liar. When my 2 dd's and I took a girl's trip in June (9months after going for the first time ever w/dh) I think that he was a little jealous :sad2: . He was invited, but after our 12 day trip in Sept. he thought that he needed a break. WELL........... he is dying to go now and can't wait for our December trip :yay: . I honestly don't care if Disney is the only place we go. I want to be there every moment we can! Where else can parents and kids honestly have so much fun TOGETHER!!! I love it :love: !

my DH thinks I'm nuts because I love, love, love Disney. He went to Disneyland when he was 12 and he says it was okay. We're planning our first trip for October of this year and he thinks I'm overdoing it. I've read every tourbook that has been given a good review, I've read the Disney trivia book and the hidden mickey book. I get newlsetters from allearsnet.com and I'm constantly checking this site for new info. I even have a little notebook that I write down tips I've heard about. Anyway he rolls his eyes now but hopefully when we go he will get that shot of pixie dust he so desperatly needs.

Yes Yes.....I live the same life when it comes to DisneyWorld Vacations, I absolutely love it there..It has Everything to offer, even aside from the parks, golf, spas, tennis, sunbathing etc......
BUT, my DH just doesn't get it at all !!
Same statements " Disney World Again??"......He tells me I am way too addicted....
I have 2 Disney Princesses ages 4 and 7, does it get any better then that??
It is very frustrating to plan this alone, my DH wants nothing to do with planning our next trip for Nov 2006......
But, to back him up a tad.....He said we can go and sent in the deposit!!
Maybe My "addiction" is wearing off on him.... a little anyways.....Hey, a girl can dream can't she ??!! princess: :cloud9:

My DH was all for our first trip. He had been, I hadn't. The second and third trip he kind of rolled his eyes, but went along with it.

Then, I wanted to go again....he didn't. Absolutely no way he was going, but me and DD should feel free to plan a trip without him. So we did. It was over Mothers Day weekend, we left on a Thursday night. Sunday AM he called us (we had talked every day at least once) telling us how terribly he missed us, and would NEVER miss another Disney trip!!! Could he fly down and join us? He came Sunday night, and we all left together on Tuesday. Was it the best use of his time? Probabally not, but it sure did teach him a lesson!!! LOL

When we were there this weekend, on our first day he told the other couple we were with that we would probabally be back in May, as we like to go every 4 months!!! LOL....what a convert!!!!

Good luck, but don't be afraid to go with just your child too. We had the BEST time by ourselves. I almost wish he'd let us do that again!!!

yes we are both Disney Addicts...I guess I am a bad influence :rotfl2: :lmao: just don't tell him I finally admitted it!

My DH loves me lots....that's all I have to say about even getting him in the front gates...that said, I don't think he really does dislike it as much as he says he does. I cannot imagine anyone really and truly not smiling when they hear, see, taste, smell, touch and FEEL the Disney magic...

We have an agreement...while the kids are small we do Disney **note to self, keep having kids until your kids are old enough to have grandkids to take to Disney**. Seriously, I am raising three Disney loving boys so my hope is that the Disney lovers in our family always outnumber him and we end up going again and again and again. I do feel bad sometimes that he doesn't get more excited about going to Disney (and we almost always end up there) but my DH has a job where twice a year they fly somewhere awesome and have meetings that sound more like a week of tons of fun to me. **Golf in Hawii, rock climbing and gambling in Vegas, deep sea fishing off of the California coast and snow mobiling in Wisconsin within the last 18 months** So, he can deal with Disney for us:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter