Your other half...do they love Disney as much as you???

nickelsfamily said:
My husband likes Disney almost as much as I do....I actually tear up when I see the big sign for the Magic Kingdom (I must be nuts)

You are not nuts I do the same thing! I also tear up when we first come onto main street and the first glimpse of the castle and when I look at my DS's faces with their eyes bugging out and their jaws dropped and spectromagic when that music starts! I actually have lots of teary moments at Disney. Because it is soooo magical some people dont get it! I am lucky because my DH does! He had a very hard childhood and never ever went on vacations so the first time we went I loved watching his face as much as the kids.And seeing him just play with the boys and be free and happy and not worry about anything. The last time we went on the way home he said well I think we should give it a couple of years, and I said ok if thats what you want. I said I have always wanted to go to Arizona and he said ok. Well one week home and the disney commercial with Walt comes on and he says you know what forget Arizona were going back to Disney!!!! :hug: So we are heading back and we cant wait!! We actually should look into DVC! :goodvibes

My DH is even more crazy about DW the I am! when we leave, he's ready to plan again. The kids all get into it big time too, even my 19 year old college student enjoys it.

My DH has the "been there done that"attitude.So I left him home on the last trip and he is not going in October.He has said that he wants to go when our youngest gets a little older so that he can experience it with her.Plus he wants to try the restaraunts.We only tried two our first trip.

My DH is crazy about going! We just booked a last minute trip over Spring Break and have even planned our Summer Europe trip to include Disneyland Paris.

We both enjoy it mostly because of the kids. They just love it so much and we have such a great time as a family.

We do take other trips besides WDW or DL. We want our kids to experience lots of different kinds of travel. We do those trips in between WDW. I enjoy those trips too but they're not WDW! :goodvibes

I'm not sure how you can make your DH see why you should go again. Just tell him how you feel. Maybe when you take another vacation point out how much better WDW is and how great of a deal it is for families.

If he really does not want to come than take the kids and go yourself.

Good luck. :goodvibes

Luckily, DH does like WDW. I also have the advantage that DH knows DS LOVES WDW. When we came home in December I already started planning for our Fall 06 family vacation. Our trips will be annual and even though DH doesn't show he loves WDW too, you can tell he has the :wizard: as well. My BF is a Disney freak too and we are always conspiring how to get more trips into the year.

Ok, I think folks who have spouses who LOVE going to WDW shouldn't be allowed to post on this thread! :teeth:

My husband has never been too thrilled to go. I think he either enjoys it more as the kids get older or he has utterly lost all hope of talking me out of going. He isn't the sort to miss a family vacation - he enjoys being with us so I don't think he'd want to be left behind. I don't involve him in much of the planning though - that is not his cup of tea. However I've noticed that he seems to take more interest in certain aspects of touring the parks and where to eat, etc.

There is no "one size fits all" answer to the question of how to get your WDW hating spouse to love WDW! I think trying to plan part of the trip to be something they'd enjoy (eat at places that have food they like, visit during Spring Training for baseball, Star Wars weekend, plan some days where you sleep in and don't do parks, etc.).

Good luck!

Here the whole family, me, wife and kids loves Disney.
So that's easy for me.
Sorry i can not help you :confused3

Jeroen

My DH likes Disney a lot too. More than he'll admit. He likes it even more now that we have small kids. He got mad when I left him at the room and went with DD by ourselves. And when I stayed late with DS once, he was saying don't rid ethis without me and don't ride that without me. Too cute!

He does not however share my planning and research (read: Disboard) obsession and has threatened to take my computer to work with him. He just rolls his eyes when I say "Oh, I read on the Dis today..." :confused3

What a great post!!

Nope here too! Unfortunately. But DD and I have been lucky! We got him to go in 2004 and again in 2005! I cooled my jets (and DD's too) for this year. BUt the 2007 WDW marathon became my ace in the hole. I am taking 2006 off marathon racing - only going to do half's this year, but wanted a winter marathon to train for. DH agreed to a WDW 2007 trip for my marathon. So as long as I stay injury free, we're off in January!
As for this site, I don't go on it if he's around. He teases me enough :teeth:

My fiance loves it as much as I do (if he didn't I wouldn't marry him LOL!) We go as much as we can and recently bought DVC after cramming the numbers! If he didn't love it-I would go without him!!! If everyone had a little Disney in their heart, the world would be a much better place!

My dh went to DL at the age of 16 and he never got it. I was raised 15 minutes from Disneyland and have been steeped in Disney lore my whole life. It's very difficult for him to take off as we have our own business. He's gone with us a few times but the last two trips I've gone by myself. I either ask a friend to meet me (many of my friends still live in the OC) or last year a friend flew down for a couple of days.
Because I know DL so well I'm very comfortable just hanging with DD10 & DS6. Although it is wearing sometimes being the only parent!
And while DH is always a bit wistful he's not going, he really doesn't like crowds, California or Disney :(
But next year, I'm planning a trip to WDW, where neither of us have been. I'm making him go on that one!:sunny:

My Dh claimed not to be into Disney. We went for our 1 year anniversary and it was his first time. We took DS when he was 2.5 and DH said it would be the last time for awhile. Then, last year he said we could go one more time and that would be it. We weren't home a month before he had me planning a trip for October 06. :rotfl2: I also converted my mom, who has been going with us. First, she said why go every year. Now she asked what I have planned for next year! :lmao: I LOVE IT! I get to plan for another year. Bring on the pixie dust. ;)

I finally figured out my dh....We've went many times, 2 times before kids, 2 times with...then this year he told me...."I've already seen the magic when they see the castle, why do I want to see it again?" UGHHHHHHHHHHH So my dd's & I went without him! WOW did we have a great time!!!! Loved every second of it! Told daddy allabout it & showed him the pictures!!! hahah

When your dd is a little older you two will have awesome mommy & me memories to share!

My DH keeps saying that I'm Disney crazy! I think he likes Disney (maybe not as much as I do), but he won't really admit it. He doesn't do any of the planning, but when we get there he is really happy and hates to leave as much as I do!!

My Disney wife could care less about going to Disney. I love it :banana: I love it :cool1: and I love it more :rotfl2: the only place I completely forget about work .My wife's mother and sister always come with us to Disney and love as much or in my sister in- law case more. My oldest dd (16) :rolleyes1 starting to act like her mom when it comes to Disney (been there done that) but my ds pirate: (3) dd(11) princess: will keep me planning for some time.

My DH pretends not to like going. We go every other year. He complains the whole time I am planning the trip. (why do we have to go there again) and I just look at him and say cut it out you know how much you love it there. You have more fun then anyone else. He just smiles and laughs at me. I think he likes to complain about how much he doesn't like it just as much as I love planing the trip. But he is the first one in the rent a car on the way to Disney saying "are we there yet". LOL. If you look at all the pictures we take I don't see him unhappy in one.

My DH did not dislike going but never wanted to go every year. But, now he found ESPN the weekend and is like a little kid. he's all about it and wants everything to do with planning. :rotfl:

MY DH thinks I'm crazy because I love WDW as much as I do. He doesn't get it. He says why keep going to WDW when there is so much else to see in this great big country of ours. Whatever!!!

This will be his first time going with the family, so his attitude might change. I took DS's last year with DM (the first time for all of them) and he was so jealous that he didn't get to be there for their first time and I did. So I decided that we would go again this year.

He claims that he could care less and thinks that I'm out of my mind with all of hte planning I'm doing. He says he doesn't want to be tied down to a schedule, but he's never been with the boys, just me. They need a schedule!

Yep, my DH is not a big Disney fan. I would love to go at least every other year. He would rather go other places. It is okay actually. It keeps my horizons open and I don't "overdo" Disney.

My DH doesn't 'get' Disney either. He's been twice, once on our honeymoon and once with the family. I don't plan a trip nearly as often as some of the other Disney lovers out there. I'm attempting a trip at least once every 5 years. There is so many other places I would like to visit in my lifetime, not to mention the funds to get there.

Our last trip was in 2003, it was with my parents, my DH, DS, and DD, and my DSis and her son and DH. The men were pretty much party poopers at the parks, but they did manage to take a helicopter tour which was totally out of my DH element. When we returned home we saw the Disney special on the Food Network and he asked "How come we didn't see that" and I responded by saying it's because he was too busy being a bump on a log.

I currently have a trip imbedded in my kids brains for when they are 7 and 9 and have told my DH that if he can't come and not crab and have fun he may as well stay home. We have never stayed onsite so that's my plan and if he doesn't want to participate in the parks he can go back to the resort and loaf around. Deep down I know he'll come with because he wouldn't ever want to vacation with out us and he loves the Florida weather, a nice break from Minnesota winters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter