Your worst Disney accident?

Now, I am a BIG guy and grace is not my middle name. We were on the Disney Fantasy in June of this year. I was walking on the deck past the pools when I stepped on a wet spot on the deck and my right foot flew out from under me and I went down and landed square on my left knee. At the same time I took out a "Caution, Wet Floor" sign and scared some poor CM half to death. He offered to call Medical for me, but I was to mad at myself and embarrassed that I declined his offer and limped back to my cabin. To make matters worse, it was my bad knee that I landed on and had swelling and bruising all the way to my ankle for 2 weeks. Needless to say, I have thrown my Crocs away and will never own another pair no matter how comfortable I find them.

This past August I tore ligaments in my foot on the first day of the trip; luckily I bought travel insurance and received wonderful treatment in the Celebration hospital. It is too bad my daughter needed to push me around in a wheelchair for a week, on the upside we were given prime parking the entire trip and several times without expecting it we were ushered to the front of the ride lines
In 2010 we were eating at Goofy's Kitchen at Disneyland and the "pasta of the day" was not labeled as having shrimp in it. I immediately went into anaphylaxis, couldn't breath and my lips and tongue swelled up. It was the first and only time in my life I found Chip and Dale annoying as they kept trying to make me laugh while we were waiting on medical staff to arrive. Mulan was quite helpful and must have had some first aid training as she seemed to be the only one who knew what to do. During this whole incident my daughter was in tears because she thought i was going to die. The nurse eventually showed up with an epi pen and Benadryl, plus I got a Nurse Minnie sticker. To this day I feel anxiety prior to eating at a buffet and always get the chef to walk me through.

Back in the early 2000s, visiting WDW for my birthday, my DM and I decided to celebrate my birthday breakfast at CRT! After our wonderful breakfast, as we were descending down the spiral staircase, my DM gets distracted by the Fairy God Mother greeting at the entrance to CTR and ends up tripping and tumbling all the way down the rest of the stairs! She was so embarrassed she quickly got up and got out of there! We ended up walking to Adventureland and she just couldn't go on, so we stopped and she took off her shoe and it swell up to the point that she couldn't put her shoe back on. We spent the rest of the afternoon at the MK first aid, but my favorite part was that we got a private van ride back to ASM! LOL Definitely a Bday we won't forget!

Not me but dh. We were standing in line (I can't remember the ride, maybe safari?) with dd then 16 months between us. Dh got slammed from behind and knocked to the ground by an ecv. Dh is 6'7" and was 230ish at that time, so not a small man. He wrenched his back and we had to leave the park. He was in considerable pain for the rest of our trip but we were grateful that it was he who was hit not dd. the man driving the ecv had no clue what he was doing, and said as much. He had it on high speed in a line hardly moving and couldn't find the brake (there is no brake). This is why I tell people, including my own family, if you have never driven an ecv in crowded conditions meet with the company renting the vehicle and learn how to use it.

We've had two 'accidents at DW that involved blood..but not both what you would think. :rolleyes:

The first, DD2 was standing on the bottom of a railing and the top of the railing was close to her face. The part she was standing on was about four inches off the ground. Her foot slipped and her mouth hit the top part. I was a bad mommy for not getting her off in the first place. The MK first aid gave her ice and took good care of her.

The second and grossest 'accident' was in Epcot in the restroom of Morocco. DD6 and I were in the stall and the metal tampon container on the wall fell off and spilled all the BLOODY TAMPAX ALL OVER US!!! :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

This past October, DM83 drove over my foot on her scooter numerous times and it was all black and blue, but it was the price I was willing to pay to get them there. :p

My mom got ran over a bit by two scooters because two people didn't want to wait for its to pass them. I think they we ride. I have seen so many people who don't really need the scooters in the first place.

I have been very lucky, for someone who's fairly accident prone. Besides a few blisters and sitting in a huge pile of black bird crap(making it look like I'd had an 'accident') I have no disney accidents.

My mother, however, fell down the stairs at Port Orleans Riverside. She had the nastiest bruise on her hip, but was otherwise ok for the fall she took.

My little brother was also run over by a rather heavy woman on an electric scooter. She was in line for some Christmas show, I can't remember what it's called, and we had to cut through it because it stretched on forever. Of course she thought the skinny eleven year old boy was trying to cut her, she ran his foot over with her scooter. He was fine, save for a few tears. He's also prone to really bad nose bleeds, and he got one when we were on the long bus ride back to the resort last time. Luckily there was only a few people, and no one passed out at the sight of blood, because I only had about three tissues in my purse.

I told anyone who would listen that I'd punched him in the nose, and he backed me up 100%.

On a trip a few years back, my airline extensively wrecked my power wheelchair and I had to use a loan chair for a few days.

The loan chair was much taller than my own, more like an upright office chair on wheels with central drive wheels and smaller wheels back and front. It was almost taller than it was long.

I was staying at the Boardwalk. One morning I set off for Epcot by Friendship boat.

Now, at each boat dock, they have a short ramp to bridge the gap between boat and dock. It is higher in the middle than at the ends. As I go up the ramp from the dock, my chair leans back; it levels out as it goes over the top; then goes down onto the boat leaning forward.

Have you ever seen those medieval siege engines - the ones that throw rocks at the enemy castle? I was catapulted through the air, landing on the deck.

The boat captain & crew could not lift me and decided to leave me on the floor and radio ahead to arrange help at the International Gateway. When we get there, Reedy Creek Fire Department are waiting for us, plus a very full dock load of visitors waiting for our boat. They put a Band-Aid on my elbow, and to a chorus of 'Heave-Ho', put me back in my chair. Then everyone on the dock cheers and applauses and I am on my way.

Every once in a while for the rest of my vacation, someone would greet me and say ' aren't you that guy from the boat dock?'

Andrew

Andrew Bichard said:
On a trip a few years back, my airline extensively wrecked my power wheelchair and I had to use a loan chair for a few days.

The loan chair was much taller than my own, more like an upright office chair on wheels with central drive wheels and smaller wheels back and front. It was almost taller than it was long.

I was staying at the Boardwalk. One morning I set off for Epcot by Friendship boat.

Now, at each boat dock, they have a short ramp to bridge the gap between boat and dock. It is higher in the middle than at the ends. As I go up the ramp from the dock, my chair leans back; it levels out as it goes over the top; then goes down onto the boat leaning forward.

Have you ever seen those medieval siege engines - the ones that throw rocks at the enemy castle? I was catapulted through the air, landing on the deck.

The boat captain & crew could not lift me and decided to leave me on the floor and radio ahead to arrange help at the International Gateway. When we get there, Reedy Creek Fire Department are waiting for us, plus a very full dock load of visitors waiting for our boat. They put a Band-Aid on my elbow, and to a chorus of 'Heave-Ho', put me back in my chair. Then everyone on the dock cheers and applauses and I am on my way.

Every once in a while for the rest of my vacation, someone would greet me and say ' aren't you that guy from the boat dock?'

Andrew

I had to help a friend on my cp once. We got to dinner ad he asked someone to plug in his chair, they didn't and as we were leaving illuminations, pushed him all the way from Japan to Chatham!

I'm newly chair bound, and I'm scared to death about my chair having issues.

Did they replace your chair ?

Did they replace your chair ?

My chair was returned to the Boardwalk after three or four days with a temporary repair. It wasn't fully repaired until I returned to the UK because although apparently identical to a US made Invacare chair, mine was built in Germany with very few interchangeable parts.

Andrew

Unfortunately on the third day of our trip earlier this year, I stepped off of the ride vehicle to kilimanjaro safari at animal kingdom and broke my right ankle. I couldnt walk at all and had to call that day to rent an electric scooter. It threw a hitch in our trip but we didnt let it ruin anything we still had a good time!

My worst Disney accident, my brother was about 1 and we were at the pop century resort and he rolled off the bed and cut his head open in the table corner. So we had to call the ambulance to bring him to the hospital and he had To get 7 stitches The best part I was about 5 or 6 and I was waiting outside the room with my dad and a nurse bought me a Popsicle while waiting :-)

This one was back when I was 14.Anyway me and my family were walking to the monorail after a pretty long day at the Magic Kingdom and we were all tired.I guess I fell asleep or something because the next thing I know I woke up in the emergency room and they told me I walked into one of those metal poles.To this day my parents still make fun of me about it every time we go back.

I walked into a 3-4foot pole that blocks car access to the bridge crossing the river at Port Orleans (it was dark and rainy!). Also to this day if there is a similar pole anywhere my family will make sure to alert me. :rolleyes2

This past March, I was walking on the path between Africa and Asia, and a young girl, probably about 8-10, by her size, stepped right on my 1st toe of my L foot while running at breakneck speed. I was wearing sandals, of course. Broke my toe. Fortunately, she wasn't injured, didn't even break her stride. Her parents, of course, were right there, and didn't tell her anything about watching where she is going, and not running into strangers.

My worst Disney accident, my brother was about 1 and we were at the pop century resort and he rolled off the bed and cut his head open in the table corner. So we had to call the ambulance to bring him to the hospital and he had To get 7 stitches The best part I was about 5 or 6 and I was waiting outside the room with my dad and a nurse bought me a Popsicle while waiting :-)

My son fell off bed at pop and hit nightstand too. He was cut but didn't need stitches. Those night stands are dangerous.

My son was 5 at the time We were waiting for a bus and he stuck his head between two wooden post holding up the roof of bus stop. And his head got stuck. We panicked and were gently trying to pull him out. But then a man offered to help and just pulled him out. My son was screaming and his ears were hurt. But he is ok.

I had to go back to the car at AK one time. I was parked ALL THE WAY at the back of the parking lot. Probably at least a mile. Right as I got back to the car, my stomach started rumbling. :sick: Uh oh! It was a long way to the nearest restroom, outside the main gates.

I walked back toward the entrance, but I had to stop about every 3 steps to "compose myself." :scared: People were looking at me like I was handicapped or something and couldn't walk more than 3 steps with out a break.

"No, no, I'm fine, just need a little break from all this walking!" :rotfl2:

And I ALMOST made it. :confused3 :eek: :laughing:

I was walking quickly from Adventureland back towards the hub with a drink carrier full of Dole Whip floats when one them decided to jump overboard. Oh the humanity.

DH broke his foot in Epcot. DD was hopscotching, and DH decided to play with her. He ended up coming down on his foot wrong. I went into the pub there to get a baggie of ice. I asked directions in the gift shop for first aid, and they told me it was at the IG. So, I helped him hop down the hill. (I'm 5'4". He's 6'4") We got there only to find out that first aid isn't there. :headache: They did loan me a wheelchair to push him to first aid in. Once at first aid, I called my in-laws (they were just finishing a Behind the Seeds tour) to come get DD. Then, DH and I went to the clinic for x-rays and a walking boot. DH spent most of the rest of the trip in our room b/c it was too hard on us to push him, and he didn't want to slow everyone down. Thankfully we are DVC members and we'd gone a couple times before, so it wasn't a complete damper on everyone's trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter