You're not GAY... you're NUTZ!

I am sure someone has posted this reply before, but just in case. . . .

If I have a mental disorder then can I get out of jury duty? Just where are my disability benies? curiouser and curiouser. . .

I got to about page 3 of this thread and got overwhelmed by how some people think.

It also reminded me of something that happened to my husband the other day. He has a very good friend who is building a car for him. The man is also a pastor of an Armenian church out in Pasadena. He works with troubled youth and has a excellent track record of helping them straighten their life out. My husband has always admired him for the work he does.

Well a few days ago my husband went to pick up his car for a trial run and he spent some time in the car with the man and the subject of homosexuality came up. My husband said that he had been helping a friend of our daughter to get off and stay off drugs (both the girl and my daughter are gay). The mans reaction surprised my husband quite a bit (of course with him being a pastor it shouldnt have). He said "So you chose to help this girl rid herself of one bad choice in her life, but not the other? I have helped several young people make better choices (in sexual lifestyle) and I can give you some advice." :sad2:

It really made my husband sad because he really believed this man to be open minded and he obviously isn't. He also said that he understands my husband wanting to love and accept our daughter but we should make it very clear we don't apporve. (He's assuming we don't). He also said that it would be OK for her to live with another girl her whole life and for them to be best freinds and to have a very close relationship.. "You know like roommates" etc "As long as they don't want to get married or anything like that". My husband knew saying anything wouldnt do any good but he thought "Should I just show my daughter the closet door right now so she can get back in?" :confused3

I swear I dont understand people's attitude.

Wow this is some discussion. I do listen to ppls oppinions so what i am going to say u can totally dissagree with me but in a total mature and nice way. I have no idea what the Pentagon is thinking that gay is an illness. It isnt. I am a teenager and i have liked boys since i wasin Kindergarden in elementary school. Meaning it is not a choice among my part. I know that there is no such thing as a gay gene but really common. I mean really you can totally be born gay, bi, or straight. Before i went into high school i was scared to even tell anyone cause of the negativity i would have gotten from ppl. But when i did i did have some ppl attack me for it, but i also had ppl who were not affected by it at all. I still even now talk to ppl in my school who have different oppinions and i respect them and they respect mine. Now back to the real deal, yea people dont choose to be straight do they? NO It just comes natrally so if u dont have to choose to be straight then just because were gay doensnt mean we werent born gay. So yea if u wanna sit here and debate with me im fine with that, but as long as there is a very nice way to go bout it.

wallyb said:
Pentagon Lists Homosexuality as Disorder :crazy:
A Pentagon document classifies homosexuality as a mental disorder, decades after mental health experts abandoned that position.
The document outlines retirement or other discharge policies for service members with physical disabilities, and in a section on defects lists homosexuality alongside mental retardation and personality disorders.

Okay, so that explains it ... I am nutz :upsidedow
Thanks uncle Sam.

Honestly, I found this thread through the new posts link and have to say regardless of my church affiliation or politics, I work with some of the finest "crazy people" around. :bitelip: I believe that any healthy relationship is better than an unhealthly one. That's all I have to say about that!

One of my DH's best friends is a Lesbian. One of my best friends is a gay man. I'm still under the belief that a person is born this way. I don't think there's a "gay gene", I just think something happens differently during the development of either the embryo or the fetus. May sound crazy, but then I do happen to be a little "nutty". I don't think any of us are born to "choose" who we're attracted to. As DH's friend stated...she is no more attracted to a man than he is. Why choose to be so different that you are ridiculed and bashed for those "choices". That's ridiculous thinking.
Though it doesn't sound like it, I would hope the piece that wallyb posted is something that has since been updated. Although it sure does sound like something you'd read in this country. :guilty:

I must be as "nutz" as the rest of you, because if, as Sonno states, homosexuality is akin to alcoholism then I am an enabler. :teeth:

bandboy101 said:
I am a teenager and i have liked boys since i wasin Kindergarden in elementary school. Meaning it is not a choice among my part. I know that there is no such thing as a gay gene but really common. I mean really you can totally be born gay, bi, or straight.
Yeah, I know what you mean on this particular argument. Not only are they trying to assert that we became gay just to piss them off, they're entirely discounting the possibility that when millions of gay people tell them that it wasn't a choice, they might be telling the truth.

So they begin the debate from the standpoint that all gay people are liars. And are lying specifically to annoy them. Hardly the most rational perspective.

MrVisible said:
Yeah, I know what you mean on this particular argument. Not only are they trying to assert that we became gay just to piss them off, they're entirely discounting the possibility that when millions of gay people tell them that it wasn't a choice, they might be telling the truth.

So they begin the debate from the standpoint that all gay people are liars. And are lying specifically to annoy them. Hardly the most rational perspective.

Yes i see that, we r beeing called liars not directly but might as well just say it. I mean since when have straight ppl said oh i choose to be straight or i choose to be a heterosexual. So yea no one is given a choice it is just something that comes naturaly.

Gee an interesting thread

So I am a Republican and a Christian who has always been straight in terms of dating but I do find myself leaning towards exploring the other side as I do find some guys attractive.

So does that make me half nuts and half ok ?

Gee I wonder what the 'gay is a disease' people think of me ?

Half sick half healthy ?

*smirk*

I started on this thread last night and forced myself to read it all the way through before I posted. Most of what I was thinking as I read all of this has already been posted, but I did want to add this:

amykissangel said:
Feel free to look down on those who deserve it: abusers, molestors, killers, rapists, arsonists, terrorists, etc. etc. etc. They did something that could affect you in a terrible way one day. You could be abused, molested, killed, raped, your house burned down, or your town could be bombed.

All of these people are allowed to get married if they like. There are plenty of killers, etc who get married while still in jail for the heinous crimes they've comitted. I find it utterly ridiculous that if a man is in jail for molestation, met a woman over the internet or through mail, and wanted to marry her - they have that right. But if that molestor has met a man and wanted to marry him - sorry, that options not available. "You can't get married. No, no, it's not because you hurt all of those children and scarred them for life. It's just that the person you want to marry is also a man and in the land of 'all men are created equal' that's simply not allowed."

*sigh*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter