You're not GAY... you're NUTZ!

Here is a good one!!

Guess where me, the wife, and the kids wound up yesterday???

We took the kids to the Childrens Museum on 83rd street and after we were done, I figured we would take them to the World of Disney store on 5th Ave.

Well we take the car there and notice everything blocked off. I was wondering what was going on and my wife said it must be some type of street fair. I decide to drive over to the east side, park the car and walk over a few blocks.

As we get closer it gets more and more crowded and we are now a block away from the Disney store......I see alot of people milling around and here "It's Raining Men" blasting from a 5th AVE float. I turn and ask a cop what was going on and he replies "It's the Gay Pride Parade". The wife and I look at each other, smile and proceed to the Disney store. My little guys were having a great time.....there was one float with all guys in Speedos with super soaker water guns spraying each other and the crowd. My one son screams out daddy, those guys have huge guns!!!!! Needless to say, that got a laugh from me and the wife. Oh and the wife......she had a fun time admiring all the half naked men. I kept saying "you know there gay and you dont have a shot", and she replied "yeah, shutup and let me look" ;)

Fun parade, great trip to the Disney store and the Childrens museum. Only downside????? Wife wants me to get in better shape.........no bacon and eggs today. ;)

:rotfl: :rotfl:

RickinNYC said:
First, welcome to the DIS! Keep on posting!

Second, it makes us sad as well.

Rick,

Thanks for welcoming me to the boards! Have a great day! (I hope someone does, since it's pouring in Green Bay, WI :) )

JimFitz said:
Here is a good one!!

Guess where me, the wife, and the kids wound up yesterday???

We took the kids to the Childrens Museum on 83rd street and after we were done, I figured we would take them to the World of Disney store on 5th Ave.

Well we take the car there and notice everything blocked off. I was wondering what was going on and my wife said it must be some type of street fair. I decide to drive over to the east side, park the car and walk over a few blocks.

As we get closer it gets more and more crowded and we are now a block away from the Disney store......I see alot of people milling around and here "It's Raining Men" blasting from a 5th AVE float. I turn and ask a cop what was going on and he replies "It's the Gay Pride Parade". The wife and I look at each other, smile and proceed to the Disney store. My little guys were having a great time.....there was one float with all guys in Speedos with super soaker water guns spraying each other and the crowd. My one son screams out daddy, those guys have huge guns!!!!! Needless to say, that got a laugh from me and the wife. Oh and the wife......she had a fun time admiring all the half naked men. I kept saying "you know there gay and you dont have a shot", and she replied "yeah, shutup and let me look" ;)

Fun parade, great trip to the Disney store and the Childrens museum. Only downside????? Wife wants me to get in better shape.........no bacon and eggs today. ;)

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Jim,

Six of us girls (all straight) were practically salivating out the windows at a cocktail party yesterday in the West Village, watching the parade pass by. YUM. Oh, the muscles. Tell your wife that I relate!

Hey everyone...I thought I would share a quote that some of you might find funny. My best friend and roommate is gay, and this is his absolute favorite:

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer."

LOLOLOL! I love that one silverspark! I used to have it hanging up in my office.

I like another one I've seen too, "I chose to be homosexual the same day you chose to be heterosexual."

Sometimes you just have to turn it around for others to see the silliness of some of the parroted comments.

Caradana said:
Jim,

Six of us girls (all straight) were practically salivating out the windows at a cocktail party yesterday in the West Village, watching the parade pass by. YUM. Oh, the muscles. Tell your wife that I relate!

Last time I was in the city, there was a parade where everyone dressed up as flowers and birds. (I still don't know what that was) Why do I miss the good ones?

Giving you guys a heads up:

It should come as no surprise-- discernment is at it again.... this time on the community boards... this guy does not give up spouting his hate and then claiming we are the ones with the "agenda"

Here is the thread: I shouldn't be surpsrised at this point... in the Community Board. Go there for the show (although its more of a sequel to what he said here, not getting much support over there either though)

hamlet35_2000 said:
Giving you guys a heads up:

It should come as no surprise-- discernment is at it again.... this time on the community boards... this guy does not give up spouting his hate and then claiming we are the ones with the "agenda"

Here is the thread: I shouldn't be surpsrised at this point... in the Community Board. Go there for the show (although its more of a sequel to what he said here, not getting much support over there either though)
You know, this is what always happens. These people never learn; they don't want to learn. They just want to spout their opinions, misinformed and irrational as they are, and as soon as they get any opposition, they go whining off to their caves for a week or two, and then pop up somewhere else with the same inane drivel.

It's like a hellish game of Whack-A-Mole.

I've waded into the fray over in that thread. Come join in, or just watch the show. Should be fun.

I know this thread has moved off the original topic, but I just had to say that it's so sad that there are people who can't see love for love. I am a conservative, Christian, Republican and I believe that government has no place legislating what goes on in the "bedroom". Some say I border on being a Libertarian, and yeah maybe I am closer to that, but I am registered Republican, and believe me I am not adding to the decay of this country. ;)

Anyway, I wanted you to know that there are people like me who believe that no matter the gender of who you love, you should have the right to be married. Heck, I was reading the "gay lifestyle" thread, and I think a lot of you have better relationships than many heterosexual couples, marriages that end in divorce. Last time I checked, the bible had some words about divorce, but divorce is allowed. Legislating morality, eroding the rights of the people scares the crap out of me.

MrVisible said:
It's like a hellish game of Whack-A-Mole.

:rotfl2: This is my new favorite quote. Can you make it into a bumper sticker?
And yes, this whole discussion is a big Whack.

MrVisible said:
I've waded into the fray over in that thread. Come join in, or just watch the show. Should be fun.

Nooooo---run away! Run away! It's a big bleeding Whack over there! :sunny:

I guess my question to the OP and those who agree...why do you care? Why is it SO important to you to tell others how wrong their lifestyle is? Are they killers? Are they molesting children? Are they terrorists?

If you answered, "Some of them are," then I'm here to tell you that the same can be said for straight individuals.

My point is this: If the reason you're telling homosexuals that they are sinners is because you're religious, then stop and think about what God wants you to do. He wants you to love others as He loves us...if you've expressed your opinion and homosexuals haven't magically converted to heterosexuals, then stop it. Just stop it and accept them for who they are. You can still feel superior and feel as though you've done "God's Will," and when YOU get to Heaven, you can tell God that you did your best.

My cousin is Catholic, gay, and believes that God put him here to face the hatred and adversity of those small-minded enough to deny someone their rights based on their sexuality.

A music teacher of mine was married to a man who later told her he was gay. They had two children, and what she thought was a happy life...until he told her that he hated himself for what he had become: a liar. He lied and told her that he was in love with her, and married her. He loved her, but he was gay; he was attracted to another men, had feelings of being "in love" with another men, and they divorced.

Trying to conform to the beliefs that many people here have posted, he ruined his own life, and the lives of his family members by pretending to be something he wasn't.

My friend committed suicide because he was gay, but his family couldn't accept it. He had options: becoming a Preist (who was gay, but could never have sex), or pretending he was something he wasn't his whole life. He chose the latter, and the depression was so bad, he killed himself.

Why, oh why, do you have to spread this hatred? I know, I know. It's not hatred. It's just your opinion. And granted there's nothing to prove that there is a "gay gene." But if my cousin and friend and my teacher's husband tried and tried and tried to conform and change, and they couldn't, is that at ALL getting through to anyone?

So what? Do you want them in an institution somewhere where they can't infect others with their poisonous ideas? I don't understand why you just can't let these people be? How are they bothering you? How is their sex life, home life, love life bothering YOU?

YOU'RE not doing anything "wrong." YOU'RE following God's laws. YOU did the "good" thing and tried to "change" your fellow man. So let it go. You did what you were "supposed" to do. Let these people have some peace. Let them love whomever they choose to love because that's how they feel inside.

If you were told that you couldn't be with your husband or wife, the person you love, or if you were told you couldn't pursue someone you were attracted to, would you be okay with it? Would you sit back and say, "Oh, okay. Some people and a couple verses in the Bible tell me I can't be with my significant other and that my love isn't valid. It's wrong and perverted and disgusting. So I'll just live my life alone without that person to complete me. No prob." Are you KIDDING me? You'd fight tooth and nail to have the rights that you DESERVE.

Feel free to look down on those who deserve it: abusers, molestors, killers, rapists, arsonists, terrorists, etc. etc. etc. They did something that could affect you in a terrible way one day. You could be abused, molested, killed, raped, your house burned down, or your town could be bombed.

What are homosexuals doing to hurt you? To cause you harm? They're not doing ANYTHING to you AT ALL, but you still feel the need to hurt them. I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND. I don't. I can't. My parents, who grew up in a small rural community in da UP (Upper Penninsula, for those of you who weren't fortunate enough to visit :) ), are having a very hard time with my cousin's coming out. My Dad just thinks it's "gross" for two guys to be together. My Mom is having religious issues, the same as many of you are. But they know my cousin. They know he loves Broadway, Bernadette Peters, and Disney. They know he hates red meat and adores sour cream and onion chips. And they know he woudl never do anything to hurt himself or his family. They know he would never choose such a difficult life...why, why would you Choose the pain that comes with being homosexual? Of telling your family, friends, of being afraid you won't be accepted?

And I leave you with my last thought: Let's say new Susie at work comes up to you and says, "Hey, I want to introduce you to my boyfriend." Do you immidietly picture them having sex? Or wonder if they're having pre-marital sex and are committing a sin? Good. Me neither. So if a woman comes up to you and says, "Hey, I want to introduce you to my partner, Lisa," why do you immidietly picture their sex life and see them as different? That's your own problem - if you can't look at a person and not see their sex life (which is what you all seem to have a problem with)? Gross. Have fun with that...I don't want to be introduced to you, that's for sure.

BTW, I really AM sorry this is so long.

amykissangel said:
I guess my question to the OP and those who agree...why do you care? Why is it SO important to you to tell others how wrong their lifestyle is? Are they killers? Are they molesting children? Are they terrorists?

If you answered, "Some of them are," then I'm here to tell you that the same can be said for straight individuals.

My point is this: If the reason you're telling homosexuals that they are sinners is because you're religious, then stop and think about what God wants you to do. He wants you to love others as He loves us...if you've expressed your opinion and homosexuals haven't magically converted to heterosexuals, then stop it. Just stop it and accept them for who they are. You can still feel superior and feel as though you've done "God's Will," and when YOU get to Heaven, you can tell God that you did your best.

My cousin is Catholic, gay, and believes that God put him here to face the hatred and adversity of those small-minded enough to deny someone their rights based on their sexuality.

A music teacher of mine was married to a man who later told her he was gay. They had two children, and what she thought was a happy life...until he told her that he hated himself for what he had become: a liar. He lied and told her that he was in love with her, and married her. He loved her, but he was gay; he was attracted to another men, had feelings of being "in love" with another men, and they divorced.

Trying to conform to the beliefs that many people here have posted, he ruined his own life, and the lives of his family members by pretending to be something he wasn't.

My friend committed suicide because he was gay, but his family couldn't accept it. He had options: becoming a Preist (who was gay, but could never have sex), or pretending he was something he wasn't his whole life. He chose the latter, and the depression was so bad, he killed himself.

Why, oh why, do you have to spread this hatred? I know, I know. It's not hatred. It's just your opinion. And granted there's nothing to prove that there is a "gay gene." But if my cousin and friend and my teacher's husband tried and tried and tried to conform and change, and they couldn't, is that at ALL getting through to anyone?

So what? Do you want them in an institution somewhere where they can't infect others with their poisonous ideas? I don't understand why you just can't let these people be? How are they bothering you? How is their sex life, home life, love life bothering YOU?

YOU'RE not doing anything "wrong." YOU'RE following God's laws. YOU did the "good" thing and tried to "change" your fellow man. So let it go. You did what you were "supposed" to do. Let these people have some peace. Let them love whomever they choose to love because that's how they feel inside.

If you were told that you couldn't be with your husband or wife, the person you love, or if you were told you couldn't pursue someone you were attracted to, would you be okay with it? Would you sit back and say, "Oh, okay. Some people and a couple verses in the Bible tell me I can't be with my significant other and that my love isn't valid. It's wrong and perverted and disgusting. So I'll just live my life alone without that person to complete me. No prob." Are you KIDDING me? You'd fight tooth and nail to have the rights that you DESERVE.

Feel free to look down on those who deserve it: abusers, molestors, killers, rapists, arsonists, terrorists, etc. etc. etc. They did something that could affect you in a terrible way one day. You could be abused, molested, killed, raped, your house burned down, or your town could be bombed.

What are homosexuals doing to hurt you? To cause you harm? They're not doing ANYTHING to you AT ALL, but you still feel the need to hurt them. I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND. I don't. I can't. My parents, who grew up in a small rural community in da UP (Upper Penninsula, for those of you who weren't fortunate enough to visit :) ), are having a very hard time with my cousin's coming out. My Dad just thinks it's "gross" for two guys to be together. My Mom is having religious issues, the same as many of you are. But they know my cousin. They know he loves Broadway, Bernadette Peters, and Disney. They know he hates red meat and adores sour cream and onion chips. And they know he woudl never do anything to hurt himself or his family. They know he would never choose such a difficult life...why, why would you Choose the pain that comes with being homosexual? Of telling your family, friends, of being afraid you won't be accepted?

And I leave you with my last thought: Let's say new Susie at work comes up to you and says, "Hey, I want to introduce you to my boyfriend." Do you immidietly picture them having sex? Or wonder if they're having pre-marital sex and are committing a sin? Good. Me neither. So if a woman comes up to you and says, "Hey, I want to introduce you to my partner, Lisa," why do you immidietly picture their sex life and see them as different? That's your own problem - if you can't look at a person and not see their sex life (which is what you all seem to have a problem with)? Gross. Have fun with that...I don't want to be introduced to you, that's for sure.

BTW, I really AM sorry this is so long.
:thanks: :thumbsup2

Amykissangel, you are awesome! And I'm sorry you lost your best friend. Truely, deeply sorry.

Thank you three for your very sweet and kind words...I've been over at the WDWMagic boards for a while, and thought maybe I should branch out and visit some others. VERY glad I did :goodvibes

Miss Jasmine said:
I know this thread has moved off the original topic, but I just had to say that it's so sad that there are people who can't see love for love. I am a conservative, Christian, Republican and I believe that government has no place legislating what goes on in the "bedroom". Some say I border on being a Libertarian, and yeah maybe I am closer to that, but I am registered Republican, and believe me I am not adding to the decay of this country. ;)

Anyway, I wanted you to know that there are people like me who believe that no matter the gender of who you love, you should have the right to be married. Heck, I was reading the "gay lifestyle" thread, and I think a lot of you have better relationships than many heterosexual couples, marriages that end in divorce. Last time I checked, the bible had some words about divorce, but divorce is allowed. Legislating morality, eroding the rights of the people scares the crap out of me.

I have to say that this was an excellent post as well. I don't go to church or practice any faith, but I have to say I'm pretty close to your way of thinking. I also fit the conservative Republican/ libertarian mold that you describe and I feel like you do. I don't see how two people of the same sex who want to marry and live together as a loving couple, affects me in anyway. 20 years ago I felt differently but that's what time, learning, and undertanding other people who are different from you, will have an affect on you. It really does seem that a lot of Gay couples have long term relationships and are very happy together. It also seems that they outlast a lot of Hetrosexual marriages and relationships as well. Good for them and God bless, I really mean that. I've looked at some profiles of members here on this board and they been together with their partner longer than I've been legally married. So why not let two people who are in love have all the legal protections I do?

As a conservative and part libertarian, I believe in less Goverment interferance and allowing people to chart their own course and destiny. The Goverment should stay out of the marriage business and only protect or have laws to protect minors or people not mentally capable of entering into a legal contract such as marriage. That's just my opinion.

no one could have said it better and GOD bless you and your cousin Mimimom

amykissangel said:
Thank you three for your very sweet and kind words...I've been over at the WDWMagic boards for a while, and thought maybe I should branch out and visit some others. VERY glad I did :goodvibes

You post might have been long but it really made me think about a lot of what you said. You did a excellent job as well and I'm going to make sure I implement some of what you said into my life. I like what you said in the quote below. I was guilty of that at times but I'll make sure to remember and remind myself of what you wrote, if I ever go down that path again.

Let's say new Susie at work comes up to you and says, "Hey, I want to introduce you to my boyfriend." Do you immidietly picture them having sex? Or wonder if they're having pre-marital sex and are committing a sin? Good. Me neither. So if a woman comes up to you and says, "Hey, I want to introduce you to my partner, Lisa," why do you immidietly picture their sex life and see them as different? That's your own problem - if you can't look at a person and not see their sex life (which is what you all seem to have a problem with)? Gross. Have fun with that...I don't want to be introduced to you, that's for sure.

Good job and well done. :thumbsup2

Miss Jasmine said:

::yes:: Hey, are you my long-lost twin? Your first paragraph describes me to a T. But then, the vast majority of Christian republicans I know IRL feel exactly the same way, so maybe it's only unusual on the DIS. :confused3

and amykissangel, I have to add my kudos for a great post, as well. :thumbsup2

Hey has anyone heard Pinks new song Dear Mr President? It really is very good. She has alot of valid points. I had just pulled my car into the garage when the song came on the radio, I sat and listened. When I got into the house the phone rang it was my 17 year old DS(who just came out in February) he says, I just heard the most amazing song! we had been listening to the same song at the same time(he was on his way to work) Well anyway if any of you get a chance bringm it up on the computer and download it , listen to it and give me your thoughts, Im curious how everyone will react to this song :Pinkbounc Mimimom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter