YouTube food personalities

I like Tasting History with Max Miller. He doesn't do a cooking show, per se. He picks a 'historical' dish and tells a bit of the history of the dish and how it came to be. He then cooks the dish following a period recipe. Very good videos.

Love Max Miller! I made his pompkin pie recipe for Thanksgiving this year. I didn't care for it, but I think it was more the pumpkins I bought -- they seemed especially stringy this year. DH loved, loved it.

I don't know anything about these cooking videos but was skimming the thread until I came across @mrodgers name, I yhen realized the thread is almost a year old. I miss @mrodgers. If you're out there, stop by and say hello.

I just saw his name in the what are you watching thread and realized I haven’t seen his posts in a while. His account says Last seen September and it looks like last post is April. Did you hear anything more?

I like the cooking videos from America's Test Kitchen/Cook's Country you can find on Youtube. They also have a TV show on public TV. Apparently there was some tiff with the guy who originated the series and he went off to start a different cooking show. They changed the name of the show, but the people and show format is still the same.

Last edited:
Bon Appetit has a few good ongoing series - one has Chef Lucas Sin traveling around eating Asian foods. Another is the "Recreating" series where the chef has to taste a dish while blindfolded and recreate it. And the third is the "Sommelier" series where the sommelier talks about wines and such in a very straightforward and surprisingly unpretentious manner.

Somehow being a “food personality or influencer“ just doesn’t do it for me. Seems to bring that Lee person to mind.
I’ll keep living in ignorance.

Don't really watch anyone in particular - usually looking for a specific recipe or type of food.

I've seen quite of few from Food Wishes Chef John

I do watch The Educated Barfly and Steve the Bartender quite a bit, but that's drinks.

i like emmymade
Me too! I find her voice so calming(Hello my lovlies)--I swear she could do some sort of ASMR type videos, because I could sleep to her voice, it's that relaxing. I've really enjoyed watching her testing out various Tiktok or historical recipes. She convinced me to try the Tiktok chicken cobbler recipe, and with turkey, it'll be an annual Thanksgiving leftovers meal.
Bon Appetit has a few good ongoing series - one has Chef Lucas Sin traveling around eating Asian foods. Another is the "Recreating" series where the chef has to taste a dish while blindfolded and recreate it. And the third is the "Sommelier" series where the sommelier talks about wines and such in a very straightforward and surprisingly unpretentious manner.
Lucas Sin is amazing. I love how he puts up recipes that aren't already all over the internet. I haven't actually tried any yet, but I bought some hibiscus for a sweet and sour recipe of his. I had no idea that the red color came historically from hibiscus, which is now subbed as vinegar + food coloring. I also want to try a couple of his tofu stir fry recipes.

Another food personality I love is Review Brah (AKA The Report of the Week). The passion he puts into his fast food reviews cracks me up. I love that he's been doing this since he was a kid, too.
In the beginning (just so cute to me how he started this as a young teen and made it a career):

His most famous clip:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter