• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You've just been Mike'd...15 days in the World with lots of surprises! Updated 10/8

Awesome!! My first park was Epcot so I assume that's where you guys went
It usually is...

Yay!!! I'm so glad you guys got there okay. I actually stayed at SSR on my trip in April '06 and in 2010. I managed to get the arch too but we drove
How did you like the resort?

I loved London!! Unfortunatley, I was there when the heat wave happened (see, we did two legs with Paris in between) the second leg :scared1: Sadly, we missed Prince George being born by two weeks :sad1: We did the Harry Potter Studio Tour which was so cool.

We did three days in Disneyland Paris which I fell in love with. The lines for the Eiffel Tower were LONG :sad2: so we didn't go.

We did British Airways and got upgraded to business class on the way there :woohoo: We didn't know until we boarded in Los Angeles.

I was at my grandparents house when Prince George was born, and though it was exciting I think you Americans, find it a lot more exciting!:rotfl:
We did the Harry Potter Tours for my sisters birthday as she is obsessed with the films and books!
Oh how exciting that you got upgraded!!

I know how much you wanted the front seat on the ME but it did mean we got going almost as soon as we got on :thumbsup2

It definitely was a long day, I can't believe we lasted as long as we did without falling asleep :)

Oh Janet and Lessa if you're going to guess what our first park is I think you may get it wrong :rotfl2:

You are right we did go straight away which was good!
We were in Disney thats why we didnt fall asleep:rotfl:

It usually is...

How did you like the resort?

I was at my grandparents house when Prince George was born, and though it was exciting I think you Americans, find it a lot more exciting!:rotfl:
We did the Harry Potter Tours for my sisters birthday as she is obsessed with the films and books!
Oh how exciting that you got upgraded!!

It's been a long time since I've stayed there. My sister LOVES the Royals. I was happy that Andy Murray won wimbeldon last year (that was my first time seeing it)

Do You Have A Frog In Your Room?

As our bodies thought we were still in England, we all were awake at 2am, which is 7am ‘normal’ time, the air conditioning machine in the cupboard was also making a really loud noise; but thankfully it never made a noise in the night again! Once we had all nodded off back to sleep we were awoken by the phone ringing, from front desk asking us, do you have a frog in your room? We were a little annoyed as we had no frog in the room, but we then laughed a little! About 20 minutes later when we all just got back to sleep again and there was a knock at the door, asking if we had a frog in our room again!! We then did all get back to sleep, but I don’t think any of us could say we got a good night’s sleep!

Just before 6am, I was up and went and got changed, I did make a little noise to see if anyone would wake up to come and take some photos with me of the resort! Dad got up, after I explained why I was dressed already!! When we walked out of the room, we saw a frog completely camouflaged lying on the floor, it was so camouflaged that one of us nearly stood on it!!! Dad did however try to move it with his foot to see whether it definitely was alive, which made it jumped towards me, and I jumped out of my skin!!

Once Dad had finished scaring me with the frog we headed to the lobby via the Grandstand pool. When walking up to the lobby we saw the golf course and all the horse stuff they have outside the lobby. Saratoga Springs Resort is themed on the New York’s Saratoga Springs which was a retreat famous for its spas and horse racing; it has a Victorian Style look and is located close enough to take the boat to Downtown Disney.

After exploring the lobby we went over to the pool and explored and found the community hall (which we never went into) the surrey bike rentals and the tennis courts. We then followed the signs to the boat dock as I had read that it was quite difficult to find! Dad and I found it quite quickly and then carried on the path to see the view of Downtown Disney, I knew it was close, but I didn’t realise how close it actually was! We had just missed the mist on the water, as we thought that would get some good shots!

They had pictures of all the famous Disney horses around the part of the lobby where the children (and adults!) can watch the cartoons

The view from the path by the boat dock!

We then found a short cut from the boat dock to our room, where we went passed the pro shop and saw lots of golfers getting their buggies ready to go onto the course! When we got back to the room, Mum and Ellie were completely showered and dressed and ready to go, Dad quickly jumped in the shower and then we left for the bus taking our breakfast with us, which we ate while waiting for the opening ceremony!

Subscribing :) think this can keep me going up until next October? :rotfl:

You're a very lucky lady to get to stay in such a wonderful resort!

All Done By 10.30am!!! Part One

Dad and I got back to the room, and we left about 10 minutes after, we picked up the breakfast food and juices and headed for the bus stop.
Grandstand is the first bus stop to be collected, which is good as you always get a seat, but you are on the bus for an extra 10 minutes before you even leave to go to the parks! When we were waiting for the bus, there were these birds which reminded us of Kevin from UP! They were there every day till one day towards the end of our trip, they never returned!

Ellie being her normal self...

We were off to Magic Kingdom and the bus pulled up and we were on our way by 7.30am, and we arrived at MK at 8am. When we were walking towards bag check we saw huge crowds of people, but we then realised most of them have early ADR’s so the crowds were minimal, but there were still lots of people waiting at the rope by the tunnels as they wanted to be the first to Anna and Elsa or Seven Dwarves Mine Train.

A very distant photo in front of the Train Station!

I Instagramed this...

We are here!!!!! #magickingdom #disneyworld #early #buzz #castle #magicband #shopping #trainstation #sister

While we were waiting Dad and I went to look in the shop on the left side of the train station; I picked up a times schedule and map, as we needed to know for sure the new layout of the New Fantasyland. Dad found one of the presents that he wanted to get mum for their 25 years together anniversary which was on the 4th July. The present was an Up Grape Soda pin, which I found!!!!

When Dad and I got back to Mum and Ellie we took some photo’s, staked our places as we were not in a huge rush and wanted to watch the Opening Ceremony from a good position. The Opening Ceremony was amazing, that it nearly made me cry!!! (I don’t cry at anything! Haha) Anna and Elsa were in the Opening Ceremony which was nice to see.

We slowly walked under through the tunnel and headed with the masses up Main Street, and headed to Buzz Lightyear first via the walkway through Tomorrowland terrace. We were one of the first to be on Buzz which was nice, we rode twice both were walk ons! The first time, Mum won, then Dad, then me, then Ellie. On the second time I maxed out but it did help that we did get stopped momentarily in one of the rooms. (But I can't remember who came 2nd, 3rd or 4th!)

The most beautiful sight…

My first score…

The best score…(which I instagramed this!)

Maxed out!!! Beat the whole family #buzz #999999

Continued in next post

You really need to share your Buzz secrets as my score was rubbish :rotfl2:

The whole frog thing was very odd, there was obviously another room somewhere in SSR with a frog roaming around it and no help to catch it!!

but I don’t think any of us could say we got a good night’s sleep!

Hope that improves.

When we walked out of the room, we saw a frog completely camouflaged lying on the floor

So it was outside your room, not in your room.

is located close enough to take the boat to Downtown Disney.

:thumbsup2

Wait a minute!?!?!?!!!!! EPCOT wasn't first? 10 rides on Test Track wasn't first? Was it a full moon or something? :faint:

Can't wait to read more:lovestruc

I never saw the opening ceremony. Everything is looking good
You really need to see the Opening Ceremony, its just so lovely!

Hope that improves.

So it was outside your room, not in your room.

:thumbsup2

Wait a minute!?!?!?!!!!! EPCOT wasn't first? 10 rides on Test Track wasn't first? Was it a full moon or something? :faint:

Can't wait to read more:lovestruc
The frog was outside thankfully!
I know no Epcot first, we must have been ill!! :rotfl:

You really need to share your Buzz secrets as my score was rubbish :rotfl2:

The whole frog thing was very odd, there was obviously another room somewhere in SSR with a frog roaming around it and no help to catch it!!

I am not sharing any of my secrets :rotfl:
Lets hope they did get help in the end!!!

All Done By 10.30am!!! Part Two

After our 2 goes on Buzz, we headed into Fantasyland where we rode Winnie the Pooh where we only had to wait 5 minutes; we then went over to Peter Pan via the sword where I just had to have a go! We only waited 5-10 minutes for Peter Pan too, and I saw my first hidden Mickey on the moon in the first room of the ride.

Small World was next, we had to get it out of the way and done!

Ellie then needed to go see the new Tangled area, and she spotted a couple of Pascal’s!

After visiting the toilets we went over to Frontierland, to ride Splash which was also a walk on! We got absolutely soaked!

As you can tell!!

As we needed to dry off, so we went to the ‘wildest ride in the wilderness’ where we basically walked on again (we were getting pretty lucky!) we got rode in the middle of the train, which is not the best or the worst!!

All this was done before 10.30am; we were pretty pleased as that is a total of 7 rides in an hour and a half!!

Next up... I Don't Remember That Drop!

WOW! I am so impressed you were so successful and your first day isn't even over! And on top of that you were still dealing with the 5 hour time difference! Super impressive!

YAY!!! I'm so impressed. I love you guys on Splash Mountain. I saw the Tangled area too (I didn't get pictures :sad2:) I was actually at WDW your first few days (went home that Sunday)

WOW! I am so impressed you were so successful and your first day isn't even over! And on top of that you were still dealing with the 5 hour time difference! Super impressive!

Thank you! We do seem to get a lot done when we hit Rope Drops!!
We were trying to stay awake so we would sleep better that night, and it seemed this time the 5 hour difference didn't seem to affect us on the way out but when we got home, we were still suffering 4 ish days after we returned!!!

YAY!!! I'm so impressed. I love you guys on Splash Mountain. I saw the Tangled area too (I didn't get pictures :sad2:) I was actually at WDW your first few days (went home that Sunday)

Its a favourite for the family, I think it was the most ridden ride for us this trip!
Oh how could you not take photos, its just beautiful!
Did you see the 4th of July fireworks at Magic Kingdom??

I Don’t Remember That Drop…

After our ‘Wildest Ride In The Wilderness’ we were off to get the most amazing snack, but as we were passing we went into Pirates of the Caribbean. When we got into the front row of our boat and we thought that the seats were very wet compared to normal!! We were edging up to the ‘little’ drop and then all of a sudden we were soaked through, we think we got more wet on Pirates that Splash, how is this possible? We all looked at each other and said, I don’t remember that drop!!!

After Pirates we were off to get my beloved snack, which I had been waiting for, for 4 and a half years. It is the infamous DOLE WHIP!!!! I was in heaven :cloud9: We only got one to share as we had lunch in about an hour, so we didn’t want to fill up! But at least only 3 of us were sharing the Dole Whip as Ellie doesn’t like anything with Pineapple in it.

After the best snack ever, we went to watch Philharmagic, which was just as good as we remembered and the smells were so nice!!
We got some photos on the way…

Then we went to try the new FP+ system and we hoping it would work! We were off to Seven Dwarves Mine Train!! What an amazing ride, with the first drop and the part where you go into the mine! BUT why is there no ride photo? And although the drops are a lot better on Seven Dwarves Mine Train I personally think it could be a little longer, as the whole ride goes by so quick! Apart from those things, we all loved it and couldn’t wait to ride it again!
Look at the masses

After the Seven Dwarves Mine Train we realised we hadn’t rode the new Little Mermaid, how cute and adorable is this ride; I’m not the biggest fan of this Little Mermaid, but I could ride this ride multiple times! When we were going up the final incline, we kept getting stopped and Ellie and I’s clam had stopped in front of the screen where Ariel is changing from mermaid to human, then Ellie decided to tell me that she thought it was quite inappropriate that she wasn’t wearing any underwear and was naked!! I couldn’t stop laughing…she does come out with the most bizarre things some times haha! :lmao:

Next up lunch at a new restaurant...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter