• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You've just been Mike'd...15 days in the World with lots of surprises! Updated 10/8

Surprise Number One and She Finally Got Her Drink After 4 Years…

After our morning of rides, we headed towards the front of the park for our first ADR of the trip and it was a new restaurant which became one of our favourites for the trip.

We got to the Plaza and Mum went to check in, she received our buzzer and we waited outside the ice-cream Parlour, whilst we were waiting outside the soundtrack for UP came on (married life) and Dad decided it was the perfect time to give Mum her present! (Even though I thought he should have waited till the 4th, but the music was playing so he thought it was a better time!!)

Just after Mum getting her pin, we got buzzed in and were sat immediately. Our server was lovely, very attentive! We ordered 3 cheesesteak sandwiches, 1 Angus Chuck Cheeseburger. Ellie finally had what she was so upset to see SSR didn’t have, a PINK LEMONADE! Mum and Ellie both ordered one and Dad and I ordered a Coke. The food was amazing, so much of it that we couldn’t eat all the fries, as the sandwich was just so delicious, and Dad stated this was one of the best burger’s he’s ever had!!! For dessert I ordered a raspberry sorbet and Ellie and Mum ordered a brownie sundae each, they couldn’t believe the size of it and wished they had ordered one between them! Even though Dad was helping eat a little of both, it didn’t even look like they made a dent!!! The sorbet was so good, it tasted so fresh! Whilst we were finishing up dessert one of the ladies from Main Street came into the restaurant she was hilarious, and loved to pose for a photo!

After our delicious meal we headed back to Frontierland for our 2nd and 3rd FP+’s. We were off for our 2nd goes on Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain! As we were walking over the afternoon rain was starting, so we picked up the pace so we could get on the rides before they shut down. Dad, Ellie and I rode BTMR as it had hurt Mums back earlier this morning.

We all then headed over to Splash, where we walked straight on with our FP. We were having a nice ride until we got to the last incline where we got stuck half way up for at least 5-10 minutes, we had no idea why we had stopped and I just kept thinking to myself this boat better be secure and better not start rolling backwards! All of a sudden we started moving and there was thunder and lightning right above us. The next boat didn’t even come down till we were at the end of the last scene!

The start of the being Mike'd...:rotfl:

Mum then said lets ride the train back to the front of the park as it was rain was almost torrential. Once back to the front of the park we decided to head back to the resort, to have a break. When we got back at 3.30pm it was no longer raining so we all went down to the pool.

Jess, I Just Kicked A Lizard…

We found a swan in the room, and Mum and Dad received an Anniversary card from Mickey and Minnie!!

When we got to the room, I took some photos of our view, it wasn’t the best haa!

Left:

Front:

Right:

Ellie and I went down to the pool first to fill everyone’s mugs up, but at the Grandstand pool the refill station was covered in bees, so we went up to Artists Palette, on our walk there was a golfer about to tee off so I stopped, but Ellie carried on walking. I went to catch up with her, when she turned around and said, ‘Jess, I’ve just kicked a lizard!!!!’ It was hilarious, and luckily she didn’t kill this lizard, but she said it ran out in front of her and she scooped it up with her flip flop!! :lmao:

We then headed back down and swam for at least an hour, where Ellie stole Dad’s new underwater camera and took loads of photos and Mum took photos of us three in the kids part at the Grandstand pool, then went back to the room to get showered and changed for our first visit to Downtown Disney. We took the boat over to DTD and then had to walk all the way over to Marketplace. We only browsed the shops quickly as were all starting to get hungry, we went into World of Disney and Ghirardelli as Ellie was looking what she wanted to buy and we all wanted a free sample.

So we made our way to Earl of Sandwich, I went to get a table, but the only available ones were outside the other 3 ordered. There was a dance party going on by Once Upon a Toy so there was music to entertain us throughout our meal. When the other 3 got to the table they had; 2 Caesar salads, 1 BLT and a Thai chicken wrap, an apple juice and an orange juice and 2 fountain drinks which we got a lemonade and a coke. For our dessert we had a Vanilla cupcake, a cookie, and two brownies and then mum received a free Pumpkin cupcake, which was a new edition to EoS, which no one liked! Haa

Once we had eaten we decided to walk back to the resort and we took the longest route possible to get back to the room, but Dad and I were able to show Mum and Ellie the view of DTD from the resort.

We ate the vanilla cupcake and half the brownie when we got back to the room, we then went straight to sleep as we were heading for another rope drop the next day!

That concluded Day 2

YAY FOR A DOLE WHIP!! I think I might go insane if I had to wait 4 years for one!

It was the first thing I always said I was most excited about! And it was my breakfast, as I didn't feel like eating earlier in the morning!!!!! Haha if only it could be my breakfast every day!!:rotfl:

Ellie is so silly :rotfl2: I'm glad you guys liked Seven Dwarves Mine Train. We have the Little Mermiad ride at California Adventure.

Ellie is so silly :rotfl2: I'm glad you guys liked Seven Dwarves Mine Train. We have the Little Mermiad ride at California Adventure.

I know bless her! Is the ride exactly the same at California Adventure??

Im loving your trip report so far :) keep up the awesome job!

Welcome :wave2:
Aww that's so sweet of you, though the updates are going to be a little more spaced out over the next 10 days as I'm going on holiday!!! So I apologies in advance!!:rotfl:

[Once we had eaten we decided to walk back to the resort and we took the longest route possible to get back to the room, but Dad and I were able to show Mum and Ellie the view of DTD from the resort.

[/CENTER][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

We are looking at staying at SSR next June. You say you decided to walk back to the resort. So there is a pathway making it possible to walk to DTD?

We are looking at staying at SSR next June. You say you decided to talk back to the resort. So there is a pathway making it possible to walk to DTD?

Answering for Jess - yes it's very easy to walk from SSR to DTD. There are 2 routes. You can either take the path by the SSR boat dock towards the first tee of the golf course. It takes you over a bridge then you turn left and are literally a 5-10 minute walk away from Disney Quest. Alternatively at the other end of DTD go to the bus stop and take the path left then left again and you'll be on SSR property. It takes about 15 minutes to walk to the Springs section where the main building and pool are. They are in the process of building a bridge from Market Place to SSR near the bus stop area which will make that walk even less :)

I can't believe how wet we got on Pirates - it was crazy :rotfl:

I'm so pleased you finally got your Dole Whip and The Plaza was yummy wasn't it :goodvibes

You had me at Cadbury Crunch milkshake. :lmao:

I'm hopping on board. Your Mom reads my TR's. It's nice to see you on the boards. :goodvibes

I'm late, but I'm here!! I'm so excited to read all about your trip!

:wave2: Welcome Becca, so glad you're reading along!
Also I've been meaning to tell you they have changed the phones for Perry the Platypus Adventure thing in Epcot, they look a little like Samsung phones (like the size of them!!) We didn't get the chance to do the adventure, but I did take a sneaky look whether they had changed when I walked past!!:rotfl:

You had me at Cadbury Crunch milkshake. :lmao:

I'm hopping on board. Your Mom reads my TR's. It's nice to see you on the boards. :goodvibes

Welcome Dani :wave2:
It was delicious, such a good choice of a milkshake :rotfl:
I have been reading your TR's too, but lurk :scared: and I love them, I think I've read the last 3 you did! Also your TR's are the reason why Mum and I ordered everyone cheeseburger flatbreads on the first night!!:goodvibes

Yes it is actually.

So there seems to be quite a few rides that are the same in California and Florida?!? I would love to go to the Disneyland, but I think I would miss Epcot and Animal Kingdom, but it would be nice to visit!

All Done By 10.30am!!!

You got a lot done ::yes::

Ellie decided to tell me that she thought it was quite inappropriate that she wasn’t wearing any underwear and was naked!!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

the Plaza

One of our favorite restaurants!

We ordered 3 cheesesteak sandwiches

See! I was there in spirit. The cheesesteak was created in Philadelphia ya know:rolleyes1

Mum and Dad received an Anniversary card from Mickey and Minnie!!

See! There again. We have the same anniversary you know:snooty:

So we made our way to Earl of Sandwich,

I think I am the only person who doesn't like this place:confused3

That concluded Day 2
[/CENTER][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

Great updates Jess:hug:

Answering for Jess - yes it's very easy to walk from SSR to DTD. There are 2 routes. You can either take the path by the SSR boat dock towards the first tee of the golf course. It takes you over a bridge then you turn left and are literally a 5-10 minute walk away from Disney Quest. Alternatively at the other end of DTD go to the bus stop and take the path left then left again and you'll be on SSR property. It takes about 15 minutes to walk to the Springs section where the main building and pool are. They are in the process of building a bridge from Market Place to SSR near the bus stop area which will make that walk even less :)

NO! NO! NO! - Don't listen to her! According to Jo it is not a long walk, to normal people it's a LOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG walk. LY/MI Jo:hug:

I feel badly for whichever room actually had a frog in their room, I would be terrified. :laughing:

I am shocked that you guys went to MK before Epcot!

I am so glad that you guys liked The Plaza, it is one of my favourites as well!

So there seems to be quite a few rides that are the same in California and Florida?!? I would love to go to the Disneyland, but I think I would miss Epcot and Animal Kingdom, but it would be nice to visit!

Here are maps of both parks:
Disney-California-Adventure-Map.jpg

California Adventure

Disneyland-Park-Map.jpg

Disneyland (sorry, it's from 2011)

We are looking at staying at SSR next June. You say you decided to walk back to the resort. So there is a pathway making it possible to walk to DTD?

Welcome :wave2:
As Mum (DisneyJo) said we did walk there and back to DTD, it is a shorter walk to go over the bridge by the boat dock, but by the time you go in June the new Marketplace bridge should be open, which will make it much easier to get to the Marketplace! However we got the bus over to the Marketplace as it took 5/10 minutes which was basically the loop around the resort!! Hope that helps :goodvibes

You got a lot done ::yes::

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

One of our favorite restaurants!

See! I was there in spirit. The cheesesteak was created in Philadelphia ya know:rolleyes1

See! There again. We have the same anniversary you know:snooty:

I think I am the only person who doesn't like this place:confused3

Great updates Jess:hug:

NO! NO! NO! - Don't listen to her! According to Jo it is not a long walk, to normal people it's a LOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG walk. LY/MI Jo:hug:

Isn't the Plaza just so lovely and our food was amazing, when I go back next it will definitely be one to visit again!
The Philly Cheesesteaks are so nice, I wish England had them!!!:rotfl2:
We only went to EoS once, which we were surprised about, but Ellie wasn't impressed they got rid of the Cannonballs sandwich! We preferred Wolfgang Puck Express this trip (well I did anyway!!)
I would agree with you on how Mum thinks long walks are short, but this time it actually wasn't that long!!!:rotfl:

I feel badly for whichever room actually had a frog in their room, I would be terrified. :laughing:

I am shocked that you guys went to MK before Epcot!

I am so glad that you guys liked The Plaza, it is one of my favourites as well!

I know I would have freaked out as well, if it actually was in our room!!!
Well we thought we need to see the castle on our first day, we also were going to watch the Festival of Fantasy on our first day, but Mum thought we would be to hot and tired to stay till then!!
It was so yummy, such good food for the price!

Here are maps of both parks:
Disney-California-Adventure-Map.jpg

California Adventure

Disneyland-Park-Map.jpg

Disneyland (sorry, it's from 2011)

Oh I see, I didn't realise there were many of the same rides!!!

***** MEMORY MAKER PHOTOS NEED TO BE ADDED*****

‘Two To A Spot’ Part One

We were all awake by 6am again, but we decided to laze around until 7am, we all got up and ready and were out by 7.30am for the bus. We took our breakfast to the bus stop again to save on time!

When we got to Epcot I went through bag check and had a lovely chat to the security guard, he was asking about England and the weather bless him!! Once I got through I met the other three who had already found a queue. However I went for a little walk and followed a girl who went and asked if these other tapstiles were being used this morning and they were, so we ended up being second in line wohoo!

I Instagramed this…

Waiting in line #epcot #waiting #2ndday #excited #lovedisney #warm #florida

We were let in 10 minutes early and headed straight for our favourite Test Track! As we were early into the attraction we were able to design our own car! When the time was up the doors opened and everyone just stood still! No one came to get us, I then made the decision to go up the ramp which lead us to be the first family of the day on TT!!!!!!!!!!! This also meant no Single Riders! My car won, but we didn’t really know what we were doing, also Dad didn’t get to scan his as he got caught up in a family behind us, which also lead to Mum not scanning hers as she was worrying that Dad wouldn’t get on the ride with us!!

My car…

Mum was very proud of her ‘pretty’ car

As we exited the building we then walked right back over to go on again, however this wasn’t going to be like what we’re use to as, we use to be able to get on the ride 3 times in a row as a walk on! But not anymore, it took us over an hour to get on twice!

When we got to the point of the ride where we have to stand on our spot, we were not impressed that we had to stand ‘two to a spot’, but Mum and I told Ellie and Dad to scan their bands whilst we scanned the room, we found 2 spare machines (well actually 4-5 spare ones) we then speedily created our cars and then headed back to Ellie and Dad so we were able to ride with them, without annoying anyone! By the time we got to the loading station, we had been waiting 45 minutes; we all thought this was a little different to our norm!

At least I got to take photos of the queue as we waited this time!!

So I instagramed this…

Best ride ever!! #2ndtimearound #won #first #time #makecar #testtrack #epcot #hot #disneyworld

Mum’s car…

My car…

Ellie’s car…

Dad’s car…

Continued in next post...

MEMORY MAKER PHOTOS NEED TO BE ADDED

:confused3 What is this?

When we got to Epcot

Ahhhh, now this seems right ::yes::

We were let in 10 minutes early and headed straight for our favourite Test Track!

Shocking ;)

it took us over an hour to get on twice!

It sounds like all these "improvements" are making things worse:headache:

Continued in next post...

:coffee:

:confused3 What is this?

Ahhhh, now this seems right ::yes::

Shocking ;)

It sounds like all these "improvements" are making things worse:headache:

:coffee:

I'm on holiday, and Mum has the photos, so I will get them put on next week!
We needed our Epcot fix ASAP, how is it possible for us to be Disney for 2 days and not been to Epcot already :rotfl:
Well you wouldn't be impressed if we went to Soarin first :rotfl2:
Yeah they didn't make our normal 3 times work but then we might be greedy :confused3
Next update tomorrow I'm just sorting the photos out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter