Zela is more "seriouser" now and wants to keep a journal : )

Zela

<font color=teal>Everyone thinks it's strange that
I was kind of posting on an old journal until I was sure I was serious enough to start back doing a journal. Okay....some background info....l've been on these boards for quite some time with long periods of just lurking. I began my weight loss journey at 262 pounds. In January 2005 I began to walk and try to change my eating habits. By January 2007 I lost down to 152. I had to limit my diet excessively to stay at 152:eek: . I began to eat normal healthy foods and my weight has fluctuated between 160 and 165:woohoo: the whole year. I feel good at that weight. I weighed a few days and I had packed on a couple of pounds(2-4) since I came home from the marathon. I'd love to get back to my comfortable weight because my pants are all tight. I did a half marathon in March 2007 with a time of 2:59:59:woohoo: , walking and running. I signed up and trained for the Disney Marathon 2008. It took me 7 hours and 20 minutes to complete, walking with the occassional jog. I could have easily got swept. I want to either do the marathon or the goofy in 2009 at Disney. Not sure yet. I wanna do the marathon:wizard: for sure.....but seeing as how I almost got swept I don't know if I can improve my time enough over the course of this year to be able to do both the half and the full without getting swept. I have the will power, but I simply don't have the time to put in at the gym. Anywho........:dance3:
Goals (1-25-2006):
1. To not eat anything after I go to sleep :headache: (I sleepwalk into the kitchen and eat cereal, bagels, candy, etc. and it just has to stop.........any suggestions to prevent me from doing this would be helpful)
2. To get 12 cups of water a day
3. To eat my target points value of 22 pts everyday and save my flex points for the weekend
4. To eat one meal anything I want on the weekend:banana:
5. To eat at least 8 servings of fruits and veggies a day
6. To develop a new race goal to encourage me to exercise (I'm thinking about doing the half marathon in Pensacola, FL on February 17,2008 but I don't know if it is too soon to do after the marathon.:3dglasses )

I will add more goals/revise them as needed.
Posting may be somewhat sporadic due to me working and going to graduate school at night.

me at 262
83865me262-thumb.JPG

me at 225
83865225jpeg-thumb.JPG

me at 211
83865me211-thumb.JPG

me now (pics from disney after the marathon) with my wonderful boyfriend Michael : *
83865yay_stitch-thumb.jpg

83865how_cute-thumb.jpg

83865yay_stitch_again-thumb.jpg

83865pirate_mickey-thumb.jpg

83865thecastle-thumb.jpg

83865Picture_003-thumb.jpg

83865meeee-thumb.jpg

83865me_and_michael-thumb.jpg

83865m_1e3af1124320eec52dcc467ed9b9ec33-thumb.jpg

83865m_2fbd8ef7831d8adb475f4cfdf31cf6fb-thumb.jpg

So.....I just signed up for the Goofy:scared1: It's gonna be fun to have one goal for the whole year. I'm gonna also throw some mini goals in their (local races). Yesterday's eating wasn't horrible. I had blueberries for breakfast along with fat free milk. I went with my Michael's family for his birthday lunch at olive garden. I had the parmesan crusted tilapia which appeared to be baked. It had a small amount of pasta to one side and also some squash and red bell pepper. I split the black tie mousse cake with him. On yeah and I forgot I also had 2 and a half breadsticks and some salad (an improvement from a 6 breadstick incident i had not too long ago:scared1: ). Later that afternoon I had about a half cup of neopolitan ice cream and a banana, some fat free popcorn and 2 pcs of cinnamon sugar toast. Not great eating....but not horrible either.
AND there is good news:
I slept the whole night and didn't wake up at all which means.......I DIDN'T EAT ANYTHING IN MY SLEEP:banana: :banana: :cheer2: :cool2: :cheer2: :banana:
I got all of my waters but only about 4 servings fruits and veggies:confused3

Okay today:
My granddad's bday party is today there will be lots of desserts. The plan is to go by walmart and get a sugar free angel food cake, fresh strawberries, fresh bluberries, and cool whip free and bring it as an addition to the desserts table so I will have a healthy option. For regular food there will be shrimp creole and rice which I think will be a good healthy option. As far as supper goes I might eat some cherries and a lean gourmet frozen dinner.:hippie:

Welcome back, Z!

I am glad to see that I am not the only one who has come back a few times and is now making the commitment to stay and make time for journaling. It sure is great to see "old friends". BTW, your pictures look great! It is hard to believe that the picture at your heaviest and the recent pictures are the same person. You really deserve to be proud of all that you have accomplished.

One idea on the sleep walking eating is to put safety locks on the cabinets where the food is stored. You would only have to do this before going to bed. My guess is that you will not go to the trouble of undoing the locks when you are asleep.

Taking angel food cake and berries to the party is a great option and a much tastier one at that.

Have a great day!

I ate 1/2 c go lean crunch for my breakfast with 1c fat free milk and an apple. I ate an apple for snack. Then I went to my graddaddys bday party. I ate a small caesar salad (it probably didn't have light dressing). I had about 2 cups of shrimp creole , about 3 cups of strawberries and blueberries with cool whip free. I also had two miniscule peices of cake. I was just looking online and discovered that shrimp creole has 11......pts:scared1: ....per cup so I just blew up my diet and didn't even know it. I'll probably eat some cereal for supper. And I guess tomorrow is another day:yay:

I'm working overtime tomorrow so i don't know if i will get to the gym....maybe i can walk on my treadmill at home. I also have class tomorrow night. My plan is cereal and apple for breakfast, cheese and apples for snacks, lean gourmet for supper and possibly lean gourmet for lunch.

Anyone who wants to.....please pray for my Aunt's family and mine. My cousin died in a plane crash (a small plane he was rebuilding) last night.:sad2:

Sorry to hear about the loss in your family. My prayers are with you.:grouphug: :grouphug:

On another note, I think you did pretty well yesterday even with the shrimp creole. At least you know that it is only one day.::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Thanks for your prayers Lesli.:grouphug: I had another tragedy today. I work at the Mental Health Center. My coworker found one of our people in his apartment and he had hung himself. It was a hard day. He didn't even show any signs( of suicidal thoughts) while he was in our care:confused3 . It is so sad and confusing:confused: but that is what motivates me to do the best I can at the job I am in.

I started out the day finding out that my cousin had passed so I went to walmart and made sure I had lots of healthy snack foods because I am a stress eater
Breakfast:
go lean crunch with ff milk
Snacks throughout day:
bluberries, 2 pcs livactive cheese,1 yoplus yogurt, 1 apple, strawberries(2c)
These were unplanned snacks , bought after I found out that one of the people I worked with had passed:2 small pcs laffy taffy, 2 airheads, 2 hershey kisses
Lunch:
lean cuisine spinach and mushroom pizza,
Supper:
bowl of raisin bran with ff milk, nonfat white mocha

I think I did good today. I went over my points a little but considering the days events I am proud. I got up at 4ish this morning, worked from 7 to 530 and went to night class from 6 to 9.

Oh, Z!:grouphug: I am sorry to hear about your loss at work, but you are looking at this in a positive light by using it as motivation to do your job well.

I think you did amazing considering the day that you had. All of you food looks great other than the candy, but you were able to control it which is a big win! Grabbing some healthy foods was a great way to set your environment since you know how stress can affect your eating.:banana:

Hang in there, my thoughts are with you.::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Ok...yesterdays eating was bad:eek: ....i can't even remember everything i ate so I will just start with today
Wednesday
breakfast:
golean crunch cereal with fat free milk
snack:
cheese
apple
yogurt
lunch:
lean cuisine (ginger garlic stir fry:banana: )
snack:
5 hershey kisses
supper:
too many chips at a mexican restaurant
3 chicken tenders
4 mozzerella sticks

I only go about 6 waters today. I am really tired.....and the funeral for my cousin is tomorrow.:sad1:

I really just want to go buy some dill pickle chips and banana flips and call it a daypopcorn::

So....today is my cousin, Chris's funeral. He was Christian so I know he is going to heaven. Instead of referring to it as his funeral I will henceforth refer to it as his finish line celebration. He has kept the good fight and finished the race. There is no reason to mourn, only reason to be happy that he has made it to his perfect home.:)

Food plan for today:

Breakfast:
Raisin Bran other high fiber cereal with fat free milk
Snack:
Apple
Lunch:
??? something involving salad or i might eat a lean gourmet meal
Snack:
Apple
Supper:
i might make chicken soup or have another lean cuisine

Breakfast:
4pts-optimum slim organic high fiber cereal and ff milk
Lunch:
1pt-1 ginger o cookie
5pts-chicken florentine lean gourmet dinner
1pt-light whole wheat blue bunny bun with cinnamon and splenda
snacks:
4pts-5 hershey kisses,1 fry, 1 bite chicken tender, 1 sip strawberry icee, 1 onion ring
3pts-cheerios and organic shredded wheat with a little bit of soymilk

Thats 18 pts so far. I have 5 left. I might eat okra for supper. I can do it. The finish line celebration was good. We wrote things on the outside of the coffin and I wrote See you later.....because I will see him later when I get to heaven:cloud9: .

Hi Zela! First, I wanted to say that your family is in my thoughts and prayers! Sounds like you have had a tough week with the lost of your cousin and the gentleman from your work. I have to say you did a great job with your eating despite the stress from those situations.

Second, all I have to say is WOW!! You have come a long way!! I agree that those pictures from the beginning to the end don't even look like the same person. That is amazing! Keep up the good work...you look GREAT!!!

Great job on the marathon this year! Wasn't it an awesome experience!! I never thought I would say running a marathon would be fun..but I was so sad when it was over!!

WTG for signing up for the Goofy!!! I really wanted to do it, but doesn't look like I will be able to afford a trip to WDW in 2009, so the Goofy will have to wait until 2010! I can't wait to follow your journey to the Goofy...you are going to do awesome.

Hi, Z! Looks like you did well with food considering the stress that you have been under.:grouphug: I think that you have a positive outlook on life and loss. That will definitely help you and your family get through this tough time. Keeping you in my prayers.::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Thanks for the comments guys!:grouphug:

Today:

Breakfast:
3 pts-cheerios mixed with shredded wheat and light soymilk

snack:
1 pt-cheese
0 pts-okra
5 pts-9 or 10 hershey dark chocolate kisses:rolleyes1

lunch:
5 pts-lean goumet shrimp with pasta and veggies

snack:
0 pts-okra
7 pts-4 hersheys caramel cookies:sad2: (worst food decision of the day)

Supper:
1 pt(?)4 ritz crackers
2 pts-1/4 yellow organic corn grits with splenda
2 pts-1 c ff milk

I didn't do too bad.....only three points over my target:cool2:

okay ....so right b4 bed last night I ate 6 more ritz crackers and a slice of pan bacon pizza from the freezer. I apparently also ate half of a bagel in my sleep (the lenders bag was on my night stand):scared1: . Oh well:sad2: .....but there is good news.....I lost one pound this week:banana: . It's not as much as I wanted but one pound this week......and one pound a week for 5 weeks is 5 pounds:surfweb: so I am glad:woohoo:

Today I am off to the gym.....gonna do some cardio and a little bit of strength training.....then I will be goin to the flea market with my honey and his sister. We are going to get funnel cakes (this is my anything i want meal for this weekend).I love the powdery, greasy goodness that is a funnel cakepirate: . I know they're bad for you.....but i'm still gonna eat it. i probably won't eat much else today.:laundy:

Yay!! Good job on the lost pound.:banana: As for the funnel cake treat, I think it is fine if that is what you want for your fun meal. We can't always deprive ourselves because that just leads to poor choices later on. So enjoy you treat!::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Okay my anything I want meal turned into a anything i want day:surfweb: .....i ate a funnel cake.....1 slice papa john's cheese pizza, 1 slice papa john's pepperoni pizza, 1 extremely small pc of poppy seed almond cake....and a jr roast beef sandwich from arbys.....:scared: very bad:confused3 but.....my time at the gym this morning was fruitful....i did an hour on the treadmill (first time back at the gym since the marathon)....and i did the hip abducter/thigh machines. I also did some crunches.:woohoo: ......So it could have been worse....I could have not went to the gym and eaten all of thispirate:

Zela - sorry to hear about your families tragedy. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

It was good meeting you at the marathon. I finished after you but all that counts is getting the bling. you will do fine with the training for the Goofy. Take care of your feet.

Have a great week of training.

Breakfast:
high fiber cereal with ff milk
Lunch:
grilled chicken
steamed brocolli with no butter
baked potato with a smidge of sour cream
fruit salad
2 by 2 inch square of almond poppyseed cake
Supper:
2 bowls taco soup (most likely made with regular hamburger meat)
2 by 2 inch square of peanut butter bar dessert
Snack:
Dill Pickle Chips (1.5 servings)

Today was bad but not really really bad:rolleyes1
I have to pull myself together. I have some fresh pinapple, apples, honeydewmelon, and strawberries to try to keep the snacking under control this week. Ya'll have a great week and thanks for posting on my journal:3dglasses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter