Zip-e-dee-doo-dah Tip for Today

BrianD

DIS Veteran
OK, this is dumb and insignificant, but I just love Channel 18, the WDW tour channel that includes the "tip-for-today". (yes, I know it's the same video loop for like 3 years, but I'm sentimental)

Anyway, there was a thread a couple of weeks ago rumoring that this channel may have changed. For anyone just recently back, has channel 18 indeed changed, or is it the same "old" information & music that we know & love?

We'll be back on Wednesday so I guess we can wait and find out, but I'm just curious if anyone knows!

Thanks!!!

::MickeyMo

Gosh, I sure hope it hasn't changed. :eek:

I, too, love this channel. I can hear it in my head right now. How will I ever get ready for a day in the parks if it's changed?! :confused:

Sorry to disappoint you, but it has changed. It is now some woman doing the top so many things of WDW. I can't even remember how many she was doing. I was too upset to see that I wouldn't get to listen to the "Tip for Today" song every morning. I really did miss it. But when flipping through the stations later in the week I did hear them singing it on one of the Spanish stations.

There is a new in-room show playing called The Top Seven Must Sees at Walt Disney World (or something like that). It is very good and very current (includes Mission Space & Philharmagic). I think it was on channel 18, but I'm not positive. I think you'll like the show - we watched it several times!!

oh no, that zip a dee doo dah guy was the "I'm at Disney world" theme!
too bad. oh well, sooner or later everything changes, I am sure we'll ge to know and love the new show! guess we dont have achoice!! :)

Laura :)

We were there Sept 23-26 and the old version was still playing. Guess they have changed it since then. We also love that song!

ya'll are too young I guess to remember (LOL) but I miss the spiel BEFORE the "Tip for Today" - It was a guy named Georgie and they really talked about the resorts in depth.

Remember - a lady would say "Thanks Georgie - great topic."

Anyone remember?

PamNC

does anyone else think the new host of "top 7 must see attractions at walt disney world" remind you of samantha brown from the travel channel?!

Originally posted by suzimar57
does anyone else think the new host of "top 7 must see attractions at walt disney world" remind you of samantha brown from the travel channel?!

Well, I guess it's not all bad, then. ;)

Seriously though, I REALLY hate to see it go, but I guess it was in need of an update. Oh well, it's still WDW! ::MickeyMo

The new 7 must sees show stunk!! We found that woman to be so annoying!!!
We missed the "tip for today" so much...I hope they bring it back!!

go to www.live365.com , and search for Park Hopper Radio...so FUN! There's the Tip for Today, resort radio, monorail announcements..something something delas puertas...? Love that! Parade music, Illuminations, attraction music... talk about ALMOST as good as being there...:listen:

Enjoy!!

:sunny:

:( :( :eek:
O well... I really used to like that tune and, of course, the zippa-dee-doo-dah tip for the day. Hey, that's at least in part why I chose my screen name!
No problem though. I'll roll with the changes

I happened to be reviewing one of my old trip videos last night. I was happy to see that I taped the tip for today thing! Too bad it is gone.....but it will live on in my video.

We'll miss it too!

We watched channel 18 almost every morning, and definitely every night before we went to sleep on our last trip. Almost had hubby sold on DVC...

We just returned from OKW and yes, they only had the "Tip for Today" on the Spanish Channel. I'm glad I'm not the only one who just loves that channel and was very disappointed to not find it available in English. I thought it was just the programming button on our TV's (all 3 of them, we were in a 2BR). I watched it on the Spanish channel, my Spanish is VERY rusty, but the "Zip A Dee Do Dah Tip For Today" part was in English, the actual tip was in Spanish though. It was a little strange, but I just needed to hear that.

I would say the host of the new "Top attractions" is more like a Samantha Brown WannaBE" . I wasn't impressed at all.
I wonder why they are leaving the Spanish version on? I wonder if they will put the "Tip for Today" back if we ask nicely???

Lori

Originally posted by snyderla
...I would say the host of the new "Top attractions" is more like a Samantha Brown WannaBE" . I wasn't impressed at all.
I wonder why they are leaving the Spanish version on? I wonder if they will put the "Tip for Today" back if we ask nicely???

Lori

Maybe the Samantha Brown WannaBE doesn't know Spanish?

;)

::MickeyMo

I am so glad I videotaped the channel 18 tv loop on my last trip! I love that channel!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter