• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ZIP line excursion in Puerto Vallarta

jthree

Earning My Ears
We are going on the 7/20 Mexican Riviera Cruise. We have booked the Zip Line excursion in Peurto Vallarta. Has anyone been on this? How was it? Worth the money?

Thanks! Sara

Professional guides, double lines between trees, (very safe), 14 different lines including a Tarzan swing and a 75ft. vertical rappel. Small group of 14 people. This was the best excursion we have ever been on. Took 12 year old son, he loved it. One hour army truck ride to get there (not bad).

We'll be doing this on the EB Repo and can't wait. It was DS's 13th birthday present and he is beyond excited! Thanks for the great review.

We did this on our 6/08 cruise. It was incredible. You will get dirty and wet - but it was so much fun. My wife, who is afraid of heights, picked this excursion and loved it. The charges for their pictures were also reasonable - they won't let you take your camera. The only thing we didn't like was that the food that they provided wasn't much - and when we were leaving we didn't have time to grab anything at the local cantina.... We ate once we got back to PV.

Virgil
pirate:

The charges for their pictures were also reasonable - they won't let you take your camera.

Were you on the DCL-run excursion. From reports that I have read they will not let you take your own camera on the DCL-run version but will let you take it if you booked independently (and if it has a neck strap). I'm not sure why they allow it for one version and not the other.

Were you on the DCL-run excursion. From reports that I have read they will not let you take your own camera on the DCL-run version but will let you take it if you booked independently (and if it has a neck strap). I'm not sure why they allow it for one version and not the other.

We are booked on the non-DCL excursion (Los Veranos) and I specifically asked about cameras because I take mine everywhere!! They told me they ARE allowed, but bring them at your own risk because if you drop it, they won't retrieve it :wave2:
She did not say anything about a neckstrap, but it sounds like a great idea and I think I'll get one for our trip.:thumbsup2

We are booked on the non-DCL excursion (Los Veranos) and I specifically asked about cameras because I take mine everywhere!! They told me they ARE allowed, but bring them at your own risk because if you drop it, they won't retrieve it :wave2:
She did not say anything about a neckstrap, but it sounds like a great idea and I think I'll get one for our trip.:thumbsup2

What time are you going? We're scheduled for 1:00.

We're also doing the Los Veranos zip line excursion (non-DCL because all DCL zip line excursions were already booked). We're scheduled for noon. We wanted to do the Outdoor Adventure (where you ride mules and rapel down waterfalls) but they were completely booked also. Veranos is good for us though because DH is afraid of heights :scared1: and can go to the Los Veranos park for $20 and hang out while we zip-line.

We're trying to get another spot for this we have one w/DCL, my question is should I scrap it and try to book indepedantly for the EB Repo and how do you get there???

I also use a dummy cord, you only drop a piece of equipment once before you learn to ALWAYS have the cord
:worried:

We are going on the 7/20 Mexican Riviera Cruise. We have booked the Zip Line excursion in Peurto Vallarta. Has anyone been on this? How was it? Worth the money?

Thanks! Sara

Just got back today. We did the excusion through Disney. It was worth the money. The guides were great. Just keep in mind there is a long walk back uphill. We are not very active people so this was kind of hard for us plus it was very hot and you are carrying 20lbs of gear.

Just got back today. We did the excusion through Disney. It was worth the money. The guides were great. Just keep in mind there is a long walk back uphill. We are not very active people so this was kind of hard for us plus it was very hot and you are carrying 20lbs of gear.

How long was the walk? How steep was the hill? I think we'll be fine, but I just want to prepare my kids.

We're trying to get another spot for this we have one w/DCL, my question is should I scrap it and try to book indepedantly for the EB Repo and how do you get there???

we are on a non DCL zip line in PV and we will take a taxi over there.. I would assume that the DCL one has a bus from the boat..if you want to book indepentantly, check the pirate zone for inform or PM me..

Me and a couple of others are booked for this excursion on the 7/20 cruise also:cool1:

For those who have gone I know tennis shoes but would you wear long pants or capris?

Me and a couple of others are booked for this excursion on the 7/20 cruise also:cool1:

For those who have gone I know tennis shoes but would you wear long pants or capris?
aloha,
We are doing the zipline on the June 29th cruise. Should we wear long pants,shorts or capri pants for my wife? Do you really get dirty (muddy)?
I was planning to bring old jeans for this excursion and dumping it after,
along with my tatered shoes.
You have to lug your equipment to the zipline? Then after all that you walk up s steep hill! Boy my wife won't like that. Guess I'll be carrying the equipments and her back to the bus.......I'll need a hot tub and massage after this.
See all my fellow cruisers in 6 days!!!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

aloha,
hawaiian mickey

We're also doing the Los Veranos zip line excursion (non-DCL because all DCL zip line excursions were already booked). We're scheduled for noon. We wanted to do the Outdoor Adventure (where you ride mules and rapel down waterfalls) but they were completely booked also. Veranos is good for us though because DH is afraid of heights :scared1: and can go to the Los Veranos park for $20 and hang out while we zip-line.

Look forward to joining you on the noon excursion. Do you have any kids as well? Trying to make sure we can provide some good moral support for my oldest DS (13). I'm not that worried about the two younger ones.

aloha,
We are doing the zipline on the June 29th cruise. Should we wear long pants,shorts or capri pants for my wife? Do you really get dirty (muddy)?
I was planning to bring old jeans for this excursion and dumping it after,
along with my tatered shoes.

aloha,
hawaiian mickey

Bumping to see if anyone can answer the question about the long pants. It doesn't say you need them on my Los Veranos confirmation. Also, I had read about needing closed-toe shoes -- would something like these be okay?

191510_AH08_M1_BLA.jpg

My family and I did this excursion and loved it on the June 8 cruise. My 6 year old daughter was able to carry her equipment and hike up the hills. She loved it. It is a good workout climbing the hills but not so bad. In our group was a 70 year couple having a great time. I do recommend capris or long shorts and sneakers or some kind of closed toes shoe. We did not get muddy or very dirty. We did not participate with the petting of the animals or swimming in the lake. We did not book the excursion with DCL. We booked it on our own online with canopytours-vallarta.com. We took a taxi to the office from the port and from there a air-condition bus to the zipline. We did purchased pictures 4 for $40 with CD. We all were happy that we did this excursion.

We will be on the June 29th cruise and are planning to do the zip lines in Eden. We were just there in February and did it then! It was INCREDIBLE. We went on our own - just hired a driver to take us all there. It is where Predator was filmed - jungle atmosphere with a river running at the bottom of the canyon. The zip lines went back and forth across the canyon - and after each line we would hike up higher in the canyon. What was also a bonus was there was a fantastic restaurant right there. So after the zip lines we were hot and hungry, we ate at the restaurant and then there was this natural pool of water with a natural rock slide and a rope swing right next to our dining table! We would eat a little and then swing into this refreshing pool of water! We are definately going there again this time! I would highly recommend it to anyone!

We did that on the WB in May. It was amazing. The whole operation, from start to finish was excellent. The guides were professional but silly, the equipment was in tip-top shape, and the experience itself was awesome. Long shorts or capris would be perfect. We didn't get dirty at all, except for some rubbing from the metal on the equipment, so don't wear something light colored that you'd worry about stains (although all ours came out in the wash).

Just one request... if you see Pablo, can you grab him and bring him back for me?;)
ry%3D320

Yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter