• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ZIP line excursion in Puerto Vallarta

The zip lines went back and forth across the canyon - and after each line we would hike up higher in the canyon. What was also a bonus was there was a fantastic restaurant right there. So after the zip lines we were hot and hungry, we ate at the restaurant and then there was this natural pool of water with a natural rock slide and a rope swing right next to our dining table! We would eat a little and then swing into this refreshing pool of water! We are definately going there again this time! I would highly recommend it to anyone!
Is this the same as the DCL excursion? Does the DCL excursion get to play in the water?

No, this was not a DCL excursion. We just did this one on our own. Outside of the terminal at the port at PV we just hired a car and driver and told him we wanted to go to Eden where Predator was filmed. They know where it is. It was about a 35 minute drive along the coast and then through the jungle. The driver just waited for us for several hours while we played and ate and then drove us back.

I would suggest Capris or long shorts, a longer tee shirt (to keep it from riding up) and sneakers. Our shirts did get a little stained so don't wear something you don't want ruined. I would say the walk back was about 15-20 minutes with one stop for bottled water. Again, we are not really athletic so it was really hard for us be we made it and now have bragging rights:cool1:.

Another good thing to know is that we were way to tired to look through all the pictures they had taken. I checked the web site when I got home and all of our pictures were there for purchase (this is the Zip Line though DCL, using Vallarta Adventures). I was so happy I was able to order 4 pictures.

Also, you have to take a very small boat to the headquarters and then an open air vehicle. These were scarier than the Zip Lining:rotfl2:

18440017.jpg

18440025.jpg

This sounds fantastic. We are supposed to do this on our July 13th cruise. My youngest DD had a minor break in her wrist on June 13 and the cast comes off on July 3. Can anybody tell me if you put a lot of strain on your arms and wrists? I am concerned about going so soon after she gets her cast off, but she really wants to do this excursion. Thanks for any info you can share.

This sounds fantastic. We are supposed to do this on our July 13th cruise. My youngest DD had a minor break in her wrist on June 13 and the cast comes off on July 3. Can anybody tell me if you put a lot of strain on your arms and wrists? I am concerned about going so soon after she gets her cast off, but she really wants to do this excursion. Thanks for any info you can share.

Yes, you need to hold on the the straps with one hand and the Zip Line with the other hand. You use your stronger hand on the Line to break and a lot of times your entire arm will get pulled back. Also when you rapell you need both hands to control how fast you go down.

Thanks lvstitch. That was most helpful!

A question for those who have taken this. How challenging is the rappeling down the tree?

A quick shout to Hawaiian Mickey: Hi there din from the 7/7/07 med cruise!!!

Look forward to joining you on the noon excursion. Do you have any kids as well? Trying to make sure we can provide some good moral support for my oldest DS (13). I'm not that worried about the two younger ones.

We are scheduled for the noon excursion too! DH, DS 15, DS 15 and DS 12. Being the chicken that I am, I'm just going as an observer :blush:

Michelle

Look forward to joining you on the noon excursion. Do you have any kids as well? Trying to make sure we can provide some good moral support for my oldest DS (13). I'm not that worried about the two younger ones.

Yes my two kids will be ziplining with me! They are 13-DD and 10-DS and are definitely excited about it.

A question for those who have taken this. How challenging is the rappeling down the tree?

It looked really hard and I thought there was no way I was going to be able to get down but it's really no harder than the regular Zip Line. You just have to be careful to not burn yourself on the metal buckle your line is wrapped around.

If you can't take your camera on the zipline part - is there lockers available?

Great question!!! A follow up, what if we brought a disposable camera? If it falls oh well....:) Otherwise I was thinking of taking a few shots of the family as they reach the platform...

Great question!!! A follow up, what if we brought a disposable camera? If it falls oh well....:) Otherwise I was thinking of taking a few shots of the family as they reach the platform...

You are only allowed to bring a camera if it has a neck strap. I believe this is true of disposables as well. If your camera falls it's no big deal to you, but it leaves plastic and chemically treated film on the jungle floor, which isn't good.

You are only allowed to bring a camera if it has a neck strap. I believe this is true of disposables as well. If your camera falls it's no big deal to you, but it leaves plastic and chemically treated film on the jungle floor, which isn't good.

On our excursion they told us absolutely no cameras or even sunglasses were allowed. They put everything in a great big bag. That's why I didn't bring my good camera. I have seen some excusions that let you bring a camera just not the one run by Vallarta Adventures.

On our excursion they told us absolutely no cameras or even sunglasses were allowed. They put everything in a great big bag. That's why I didn't bring my good camera. I have seen some excusions that let you bring a camera just not the one run by Vallarta Adventures.

Reports here have said that those on DCL excursions were not allowed to bring cameras at all, while those that booked independently were allowed to take them if they had a neck strap. Were you on the DCL excursion or did you book on your own?

And ANOTHER quick shout out to Din and Hawaiian Mickey from another 7/7/07 Med Cruiser!!! Din, we shared the Florence/Pisa private tour! And Hawaiian Mickey, I was just "talking" thru PMs with KourisFamily! Too bad we're not all on the same MexRiv cruise, too! :)

Is this the same as the DCL excursion? Does the DCL excursion get to play in the water?

Keep in mind, everyone, that there are two different zip line excursions in Puerto Vallarta offered through DCL. One is a "Canopy Zip Line" excursion, where all you do is the zip line through the trees. The other is the "Outdoor Adventure" excursion that involves a boat ride, a hike, a mule ride, the zip lines (which at the end of one of them you end up landing in the water), rapelling, and another boat ride. It seems there is a good mix of reviews on both of these excursions throughout this thread, which could lead to some confusion on what exactly happens on which excursion. And then of course, there are a few reviews on privately contracted excursions, as well.

Reports here have said that those on DCL excursions were not allowed to bring cameras at all, while those that booked independently were allowed to take them if they had a neck strap. Were you on the DCL excursion or did you book on your own?

We booked the Canopy Zip Line through Disney. I know there is one in Mazatlan that lets to take your cameras.

We booked the Canopy Zip Line through Disney.

Perhaps that is the difference. I know that some who did the PV zipline on their own were able to take cameras as long as they had a neck strap while those that booked through DCL were not.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about whether cameras are permitted or not, so let me try and explain.

There are 2 major Zip-line tour operators in Puerto Vallarta, one is run by "Vallarta Adventures" (which is the company booked by DCL); and the other is run by "Los Veranos Canopy Tour".

These are two different companies and they run their zip-line excursions in different areas of Puerto Vallarta. And to further complicate things, "Vallarta Adventures" runs two versions of their zip line tour, one is the standard "Canopy Tour" and the other is called "Outdoor Adventure".

If you go with "Vallarta Adventures" you can not bring a camera, regardless if you booked through DCL or directly with the tour operator.

However, if you go with "Los Veranos" you can bring a camera, as long as it has a wrist or neck strap. Another fact worth mentioning is that the minimum age for "Los Veranos" is 6 (compared to 8 for "Vallarta Adventures").

Here is the official website for both tour operators:
"Vallarta Adventures" (The DCL choice)
Canopy Tour - www.vallarta-adventures.com/canopy-tour/index.html
Outdoor Adventure - www.vallarta-adventures.com/outdoor-challange/index.html

"Los Veranos"
Canopy Tour - www.canopytours-vallarta.com/info/index.htm

There seems to be a lot of confusion about whether cameras are permitted or not, so let me try and explain.

There are 2 major Zip-line tour operators in Puerto Vallarta, one is run by "Vallarta Adventures" (which is the company booked by DCL); and the other is run by "Los Veranos Canopy Tour".

These are two different companies and they run their zip-line excursions in different areas of Puerto Vallarta. And to further complicate things, "Vallarta Adventures" runs two versions of their zip line tour, one is the standard "Canopy Tour" and the other is called "Outdoor Adventure".

If you go with "Vallarta Adventures" you can not bring a camera, regardless if you booked through DCL or directly with the tour operator.

However, if you go with "Los Veranos" you can bring a camera, as long as it has a neck strap. Another fact worth mentioning is that the minimum age for "Los Veranos" is 6 (compared to 8 for "Vallarta Adventures").

Here is the official website for both tour operators:
"Vallarta Adventures" (The DCL choice)
Canopy Tour - www(dot)vallarta-adventures.com/canopy-tour/index.html
Outdoor Adventure - www(dot)vallarta-adventures.com/outdoor-challange/index.html

"Los Veranos"
Canopy Tour - www(dot)canopytours-vallarta.com/info/index.html

Sorry those links aren't clickable... I don't have the post count to make link yet. PLEASE replace the (dot) with a period.

Thanks for clearing that up! We are booked with Los Veranos so I'll be bringing my camera along. Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter