Zoning Change Allows For Low-Income Housing Near Disneyland

Painting Disney as the big bad corporation trying to stomp the altruistic developers is just a little too soap opera.
No one is painting Disney as acting evil just so they can act evil. Disney is a business, and they've grown rather arrogant in their position. Internal politics and personal ego have begun to warp their business decision making; that's not a good thing for the company.

The simple fact is that the entire "resort district" was created to support a world that never happened. Disney's pulled back it's plans for development and what they did create turned into a flop. Anaheim has paid a heavy price for holding up its end of the bargin, while Disney rather pubically refuses to uphold theirs.

Anaheim needs to fix the problems before they get worse, but this is going to cost Disney money. They refuse to allow that to happen - no matter the impact to Anaheim, its citzens and its visitors. Hell, I'm an Orange County tax payer and I'm going to be paying off Disney's freeway bonds for the rest of my life. I can only imagine how people in Anaheim feel having paid for a $750 million renovation to Anaheim Stadium at Disney's command only to see Disney run away their responsibility.

The "resort district" is now simply too large for Anaheim's needs. Disneyland and California Adventure can not support the number of hotel rooms that were planned, there will be no "third gate", there will be no grand "Hyperion Theater" hosting the Emmys. Disney has given up the rights to control the land, it's time to allow natural development to occur.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter