»»June 16, 2012 Father's Day Cruise on the Fantasy!««

That was from us :) Sorry to cause confusion. There was a little card inside the tote.

:dance3: THANK YOU!!! :dance3: Scott was jealous LOL. He kept saying, "must be nice to get a robe." HA!! I didn't see the card - will go back and check the tote for it.

We were hoping to meet you on Bernard's Tour :sad1:

:dance3: THANK YOU!!! :dance3: Scott was jealous LOL. He kept saying, "must be nice to get a robe." HA!! I didn't see the card - will go back and check the tote for it.

We were hoping to meet you on Bernard's Tour :sad1:

You didnt get to meet Janene? Well, you should call Lauren...she could tell you all about running into Janene everywhere :rotfl2:

You didnt get to meet Janene? Well, you should call Lauren...she could tell you all about running into Janene everywhere :rotfl2:

Yes, Lauren knew my schedule better than my own family :)

Sorry I didn't get to meet you. We were on the tour bus ahead of you.

A little concerned after reading some FB posts with negative reviews. :eek: Hope they get the kinks worked out before my cruise.;)

So after giving this more thought, I am thinking you are referring to DCL/Fantasy/service related issues, rather than FE issues. In this case, I've given this some thought. Here are my observations:

First off, it was the Fantasy's 12th cruise. It's still a virgin LOL In fact, our asst. server?. It was his SECOND cruise. His SECOND in his whole life. We knew more about DCL and the ship/ports than he did. However, he was VERY sweet, did a great job, and interacted with DD so well. Now, our server Daniel, worked his @$$ off. He was training two new asst servers - Daniel had 4 tables and they each had 2. We talked to Daniel some at the end of the meals when it had slowed down for him and he told us he had been with DCL for 5 years - 1st on the Magic, then opened the Dream & then the Fantasy and he does a lot of training. Our Head Server was also busting @$$ - carrying out trays, things like that. Usually, they are roaming around, but this guy was noticeably busting his booty - heavily working. You could tell he was picking up slack for some. We met a new bartender in La Piazza (Melissa) "Earning her Ears," but she was excellent - very personable. That same evening in a Piazza, we met a waitress in the bar that had started June 16th - yes, the same day all of us boarded the ship!! She was still trying to adjust to ship life, not to mention learning her job. There is still a ton of new people. The only issue we had was that we asked for loungers for our big huge aft verandah. We called when we were still docked at Port Canaveral, and Guest Services told us no, safety concern. Fine......until we learned on St. Thomas day that decks 8 & 10 had them!!! So, our neighbor asked his stateroom hostess and got them!!!! Grrrrr......It was already day 5, so we figured, forget it. We were miffed because we know 9674 has them on the Dream & I wrote it on our survey, but it didn't ruin our vacation!

Our stateroom hostess was friendly, but it was unlike any other one we had. She didn't introduce herself to us, but really, that was fine. The room was clean, we had zero issues, and when we did run into her, she was friendly. She did her job. We didn't need anything extra like ice, etc., so no problem.

We didn't care that the Aquaduck was closed for an entire sea day, either. It was windy. Safety first. No prob. There's the "taking it all in stride."

DH & I actually felt that in all 4 ships, almost every CM we encountered on the Fantasy was engaging (except for the CMs in the shops, which was odd). Almost all CMs went out of their way to say hello and start up a conversation with us or DD.

We took the DCL excursion to Trunk Bay beach in St. John and have no complaints about that either. I do wish we had had more beach time for the money, but that's really no big deal.

CC was terrific as always.

This was our 6th and most expensive cruise to date. It was worth every penny. I can't wait to sail her again in 5 1/2 months :thumbsup2

There's my 2 cents :goodvibes

So after giving this more thought, I am thinking you are referring to DCL/Fantasy/service related issues, rather than FE issues. In this case, I've given this some thought. Here are my observations:

First off, it was the Fantasy's 12th cruise. It's still a virgin LOL In fact, our asst. server?. It was his SECOND cruise. His SECOND in his whole life. We knew more about DCL and the ship/ports than he did. However, he was VERY sweet, did a great job, and interacted with DD so well. Now, our server Daniel, worked his @$$ off. He was training two new asst servers - Daniel had 4 tables and they each had 2. We talked to Daniel some at the end of the meals when it had slowed down for him and he told us he had been with DCL for 5 years - 1st on the Magic, then opened the Dream & then the Fantasy and he does a lot of training. Our Head Server was also busting @$$ - carrying out trays, things like that. Usually, they are roaming around, but this guy was noticeably busting his booty - heavily working. You could tell he was picking up slack for some. We met a new bartender in La Piazza (Melissa) "Earning her Ears," but she was excellent - very personable. That same evening in a Piazza, we met a waitress in the bar that had started June 16th - yes, the same day all of us boarded the ship!! She was still trying to adjust to ship life, not to mention learning her job. There is still a ton of new people. The only issue we had was that we asked for loungers for our big huge aft verandah. We called when we were still docked at Port Canaveral, and Guest Services told us no, safety concern. Fine......until we learned on St. Thomas day that decks 8 & 10 had them!!! So, our neighbor asked his stateroom hostess and got them!!!! Grrrrr......It was already day 5, so we figured, forget it. We were miffed because we know 9674 has them on the Dream & I wrote it on our survey, but it didn't ruin our vacation!

Our stateroom hostess was friendly, but it was unlike any other one we had. She didn't introduce herself to us, but really, that was fine. The room was clean, we had zero issues, and when we did run into her, she was friendly. She did her job. We didn't need anything extra like ice, etc., so no problem.

We didn't care that the Aquaduck was closed for an entire sea day, either. It was windy. Safety first. No prob. There's the "taking it all in stride."

DH & I actually felt that in all 4 ships, almost every CM we encountered on the Fantasy was engaging (except for the CMs in the shops, which was odd). Almost all CMs went out of their way to say hello and start up a conversation with us or DD.

We took the DCL excursion to Trunk Bay beach in St. John and have no complaints about that either. I do wish we had had more beach time for the money, but that's really no big deal.

This was our 6th and most expensive cruise to date. It was worth every penny. I can't wait to sail her again in 5 1/2 months :thumbsup2

Our Assistant server had only been with DCL for 7 weeks...he previoulsy had been with the Costa cruise line (Ya know the Costa Concordia group). He had great things to say about Disney and how much better it was an an employer. Our server had been with DCL for 8 years and was on the Magic up until recently and knew our previous server from the last cruise on Magic. Our stateroom attendant was much like yours...he never introduced himself to us but I did not have to ask for anything. He was in and out in no time and left the cabin spotless and in much better condition than we left it for him. He always greeted us with a a smile and I am sure he was new also as I saw one of the senior staff members trying to give him pointers! It is a new ship with a new crrew and has growing pains that will be overcome in time, but I think overall it was outstanding service!!

Aww man, spa robes? SWEET! I need to cruise w/ Janene! :rotfl:

And, glad you all were willing to take the growing pain for us with all the new crew members. You really do have to take into account how many of them are BRAND new to not only the ship, but to the job as well.

Still can't wait to hear more!

Hmmmmm......Jason, the spa robe & stuffed animals weren't from us - I actually received a spa robe as well! Don't want to take credit for someone else's gift......Our SM gift was the stuff in the Disney Magic gift bag :wizard: There was a bathing suit for Lizzie, a puzzle for Alex, a mat & plate for Jake, a Vinylmation for you and an ornament for Heather........

That's completely right and my fault, I got the Piles mixed up. There was so much stuff in th suitcase it was hard to keep track. And thanks for reminding me about the swimsuit, Lizzie had ditched her tinker bell one for that one as soon as he saw it (it was in the wash or the picture lol).

There were so many stateroom gifts it was hard to remember who's was who's when the came out of the suitcases :lmao: Our last cruise was only about 5 cabins. The kids were in heaven, sorting their loot!

I think that's the best summing up. There was a post on Facebook that it wasn't quite what someone thought it was going to be, but they had some issues that weren't resolved in typical Disney fashion. I believe they also used 2 years worth on dvc points, which is a huge investment in vacation time. To each hs own though....not everyone is going to love or hate dcl.

We personally had the best vacation we've ever had. A lot had to do with everyone here being on board with us.
Our state room hostess was amazing. She was in our room 3-5 times a day. She got us the pack and play and diaper genie and emptied it several times a day.n we had man good conversations with her throughout the cruise. I almost felt bad that she had to clean up after us. Our servers were ok...they tried hard to keep up with entertaining the kids and keeping the food coming. I think we may try late dining next time so they can try dine and play.

Funny Emily, I noticed the same thing about the CMs, all we're extremely friendly with the exception of the retail CMs. No idea why. But everyone we either walked by, talked to, or had any sort of interaction with was absolutely amazing. Part of it could be the kids though :lmao: I tell you, if you want the great service and attention, carry around a 1 yea old wearing glasses, and they'll remember you all week long. It's amazing jake was friends with more people on the cruise than anyone. ( he's available to rent on future cruises)

The club MD lab are second to none. The kids one day played in for almost 6 hours straight!!! The nursery was unbelievably friendly, secure, And inviting; well worth the extra fee.

All in all our most expensive vacation ever, but worth every penny. Both kids had tears when took the gangway off the ship. I'd be lieing if I said I didn't feel the same way. Just can't wai to start saving for the next one!

And, glad you all were willing to take the growing pain for us with all the new crew members. You really do have to take into account how many of them are BRAND new to not only the ship, but to the job as well.

Still can't wait to hear more!

We went on the Dream a few cruises after her first cruise and I thought it was SO much better newbie CM wise. On the Dream, there were CM who didn't know where things were and seemed so lost, but on the Fantasy, they were new, but seemed better trained.

We need to book a reunion cruise in 2014 - I'm telling you - I am on meet threads for 3 more cruises. None are even close to this group.....:sad2:

Who's planning on 2014???

We need to book a reunion cruise in 2014 - I'm telling you - I am on meet threads for 3 more cruises. None are even close to this group.....:sad2:

2014 for us!!!

So it isnt just me who thought was had a great group to cruise with???

2014 for us!!!

So it isnt just me who thought was had a great group to cruise with???

We're probably going to book Spring Break 2014 (always early March for us) and a late summer break (one of the 1st 2 weeks of Aug) 2014 so that the cruises aren't right on top of each other (don't want to cruise in March and then again in June - need to spread it out some). It does depend on where the various ships are going to be going (anyone else hoping for a Southern Caribbean??)......

Even my 5 year old felt the comradery!!! :grouphug: She loved running into her friends.

:thumbsup2
We're probably going to book Spring Break 2014 (always early March for us) and a late summer break (one of the 1st 2 weeks of Aug) 2014 so that the cruises aren't right on top of each other (don't want to cruise in March and then again in June - need to spread it out some). It does depend on where the various ships are going to be going (anyone else hoping for a Southern Caribbean??)......

Even my 5 year old felt the comradery!!! :grouphug: She loved running into her friends.

I am hoping for Souther Carribbean!!!:thumbsup2

I agree. I am on 2 others and it isn't close to this one.

I think Father's Day 2014 sounds great :)

We're planning on 2014 as well. Not sure when, it won't be over Father's Day again, but either earlier like spring break, or later in the summer. We'll have to see what comes out. It's funny I like all the sea days on the Eastern, I wouldn't even mind going back...since we still need to see St Thomas lol.

If we could even get some of the people from this cruise to another one, I think it'd be a blast. Alex and Lizzie still talk about meeting Ethan, Lauren, Isabelle, Noah and Maya in the clubs and on St Maarten :)

Our family is discussing the options for 2014. I booked a dummy for the four day cruise over 2013 Thanksgiving, but we have decided we want a seven day cruise. Not sure if we want to try Alaska. But if the options are just the Eastern or Western, we probably would stick to the Eastern.

:thumbsup2

I am hoping for Souther Carribbean!!!:thumbsup2

We can all dream :cloud9:, can't we? The Magic/Wonder schedules were released for the rest of 2013 today - can I just say "lackluster"? More of the same.......:sad2: B-O-R-I-N-G

I agree. I am on 2 others and it isn't close to this one.

I think Father's Day 2014 sounds great :)

We're planning on 2014 as well. Not sure when, it won't be over Father's Day again, but either earlier like spring break, or later in the summer. We'll have to see what comes out. It's funny I like all the sea days on the Eastern, I wouldn't even mind going back...since we still need to see St Thomas lol.

If we could even get some of the people from this cruise to another one, I think it'd be a blast. Alex and Lizzie still talk about meeting Ethan, Lauren, Isabelle, Noah and Maya in the clubs and on St Maarten :)

Isabelle does the same. She still feels bad for calling Lauren "Lizzie" at Maho beach. She was drunk with happiness :lmao:. Isabelle hung out with Noah & Maya quite a bit on the last sea day at the pools, also. Plus, how can anyone forget the one year old with glasses!! :love: It was really good for the kids as well as the adults!! :chat:

We won't be doing Father's Day 2014, either. We'll be doing two, but it's going to more than likely be whatever cruise happens to be March 8-15, 2014 (Yes, our school system already has the tentative school calendar our for 2013-14!!!); which is Spring Break & my b-day :cake:

The other cruise will be Aug 2nd or 9th 2014, provided it's the usual Eastern-Western every other week rotation. If a bunch of us were going to cruise together again, I'd be open to either week, eastern or western. We prefer the eastern ports/3 sea days as well, but by 2014, we'll have been on 3 westerns and 2 easterns, so really, surprise me :o

Now, if DCL decides to get exciting and change it up, we shall see!!

It was so nice to cruise with people we already knew from here and Facebook. Both kids had a blast playing with Alex, Lizzie, Ethan, Lauren, Isabelle, and Noah met Michael and Nicholas at Orientl beach and CC. When we sailed on Dream last year, we didn't know about Cruise Meet and we didn't have tablemates either, so we didn't connect with anyone. I'm so glad I found this group, because it was like a family reunion, familiar faces everywhere! Maya is now expecting to see all her new best friends on all of our future cruises.

We can all dream :cloud9:, can't we? The Magic/Wonder schedules were released for the rest of 2013 today - can I just say "lackluster"? More of the same.......:sad2: B-O-R-I-N-G

I agree they do seem alot of the same....but I have this feeling, that if they had a 7 day cruise to no where aboard DCL, even a stop or two to CC, I'd still book. Yeah visiting the islands are cool, and interesting, I however feel that the culture and information I seem to gather on these tours are lost on my kids....who only see the beaches and iguanas farms (the loosest form of the word "farm" I've ever seen) as the interesting parts.

Sad I just looked at the transatlantic crossing....for the 5 of us it costs less than this past 7 day cruise. Darn school why do you have to interfere with my vacation plans all the time!!!! :confused:

Sad I just looked at the transatlantic crossing....for the 5 of us it costs less than this past 7 day cruise. Darn school why do you have to interfere with my vacation plans all the time!!!! :confused:

....but the airfare to get back is a killer. No SW from Spain :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter