»»June 16, 2012 Father's Day Cruise on the Fantasy!««

I was hoping to switch my Wonder northbound LA to Vancouver to southbound Vancouver to LA but it's only a 5 nights and the date is 2 weeks after school begins. After that, the Wonder is gone from the west coast. :sad1: Guess I'll have to look into other cruise lines from LA.

Ha-ha... We haven't even gone on our first cruise (now Fall of '13) and telling DH about the people on this cruise and getting to know them thru this thread, FB, and a few w/emails, plus all of the chatter of how this was a FANTASTIC group even for those who have multiple cruises under their belt!

Anyways, I told him about the discussion of a 2014 cruise and his response "OKAY!" He says yes, I'm not sure how we could make it work since it would be less than 1 yr after the other, and he says "Don't worry, we'll find a way". So, we may be interested too, but it would have to be the summer time due to school and the boys getting older. Our '13 cruise will have to probably be the last time to pull them out of school for a week. :sad2: August would be great! Yet, if a Southern Carribbean came about.... :rolleyes1 --- all over that!

I however feel that the culture and information I seem to gather on these tours are lost on my kids....who only see the beaches and iguanas farms (the loosest form of the word "farm" I've ever seen) as the interesting parts. :

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: best iguana "farm" I've ever been to L-O-L!!!

(And, DD loved it. Kids are amazing. Didnt notice the run down place we were at, or the **** fighting pens. All she saw was the fury of iguanas, and was amazed that Sugar pulled a pod off a tree, produced an almond, and that it was edible! "Mom! A real almond! From a tree! And people are eating it!!! And Mom, that tree grows cotton! On a tree!!! WOW!!! I love this place!!" THAT is priceless and adorable.)

Ha-ha... We haven't even gone on our first cruise (now Fall of '13) and telling DH about the people on this cruise and getting to know them thru this thread, FB, and a few w/emails, plus all of the chatter of how this was a FANTASTIC group even for those who have multiple cruises under their belt!

August would be great! Yet, if a Southern Carribbean came about.... :rolleyes1 --- all over that!

C'mon kids - let's do it!!! :thumbsup2

And to anyone contemplating, be ready to either move your dummy date, or if you don't have one, book opening day/week. You can always reshop on board if you are cruising later. Book when it's a "cheap deal." :lmao: Wait. Did I say "cheap" while referencing DCL? Come on. I must be drunk.:rotfl:(Turns out I am just tired)

:rotfl:OMG again. The DIS boards starred out the other name for a rooster in regards to c o c k fighting. WOW. :rotfl:

Our family is discussing the options for 2014. I booked a dummy for the four day cruise over 2013 Thanksgiving, but we have decided we want a seven day cruise. Not sure if we want to try Alaska. But if the options are just the Eastern or Western, we probably would stick to the Eastern.

We did a onboard re-booking for an Eastern in August of 2013. Alaska sounds great, but we would really miss the Castaway Cay stop.

This was a great cruise group! I'm sad that I only got to come to the meet on the first day. I had my lime green Mickey head all ready to go and then lost it between the hotel and the port. Then my DH, kids, and mom all had different things they wanted to do. I stayed so busy trying to do a few things with each of them, I had to give up trying to fit in the meets.

The FE exchange was great.

We booked a dummy cruise also. Hoping for June 2014. I'm considering a B2B for the 2 days at Castaway Cay. Plus that would allow us to leave on a Sunday. Might mean I get to go during Spring Break since that would give us Saturday to drive down.

Any ideas on when they will open 2014 dates?

We also booked a dummy date and are looking at Summer 2014. We have to work around school schedules so most likely we're looking at June or July. I've fallen in love with snorkeling and really want to try a Western booking, but we're open for anything.

Partridge4ever: I didn't realize you were also from Alabama! There were several more Alabamians in our group, too.

Any ideas on when they will open 2014 dates?

We also booked a dummy date and are looking at Summer 2014. We have to work around school schedules so most likely we're looking at June or July. I've fallen in love with snorkeling and really want to try a Western booking, but we're open for anything.

Partridge4ever: I didn't realize you were also from Alabama! There were several more Alabamians in our group, too.

Last time the dates for 2 years ahead came out in October. Not sure if they are following suit this time.

HsvTeacher, I'm Leah from Facebook! I did see 2 other families wearing Alabama shirts. My FE gift had little UofA candies in it.

HsvTeacher, I'm Leah from Facebook! I did see 2 other families wearing Alabama shirts. My FE gift had little UofA candies in it.

Great FE gift! All of them were great! Mine was the two magnets (one calendar one), the little mickey soap, and my so-called "survival kit"--received MUCH better ones than I put together, that's for sure! I'm Dana on FB, btw.

Great FE gift! All of them were great! Mine was the two magnets (one calendar one), the little mickey soap, and my so-called "survival kit"--received MUCH better ones than I put together, that's for sure! I'm Dana on FB, btw.

Dana your magnets are not on our refrigerator at home!!!!! You did a great job!!

If anyone ever makes the Virginia Beach Chicken recipe that we handed out let me know...It is one of my Momma best dishes!

It was so nice to cruise with people we already knew from here and Facebook.

That's what I kept saying. :) It was so weird, and yet nice, to keep running into people that I "knew". :)

Sad I just looked at the transatlantic crossing....for the 5 of us it costs less than this past 7 day cruise. Darn school why do you have to interfere with my vacation plans all the time!!!! :confused:

I know! My son and I have been complaining for two years now. :( My DH doesn't mind, but DS & I would love to do a TA, especially since his fare is next to nothing!

:rotfl:OMG again. The DIS boards starred out the other name for a rooster in regards to c o c k fighting. WOW. :rotfl:

I saw that too, but thought that it was you, just being SUPER sensitive! ;)

Oh, we loved those mints! Well, mostly, except for the UofA part - we're UGA fans, so we liked eating them more than we liked looking at them. Especially my DS9. ;)

The Mickey soap is so cute! Thank you! I want to put it somewhere so it can be seen but no one will use it...that means out of sight of my husband who doesn't believe soap can also be decorative.:)

Didn't want to start taking over the homemade FE thread, so I'll post here...

Jason, you did an awesome job, even if you don't want to give Heather much credit :goodvibes The tags turned out AWESOME; and Janene, I like the idea of taking it with you again -- the board-- on your next cruise.

If the Mickey Heads get made, do I get one or two for "encouraging the idea" Jason? ;)

Oh, we loved those mints! Well, mostly, except for the UofA part - we're UGA fans, so we liked eating them more than we liked looking at them. Especially my DS9. ;)

I wondered about rivalries when I put them in! Alabama/Auburn fans are especially funny. I have friends who don't speak to each other the week of the game because they don't want to risk making each other mad.

The luggage tags were definitely one of the most original FE gifts I've ever received. DD took over my cookbook. The soap, wine charms, photo mat, tote bags, little scrapbook...I hate to list stuff because it's all still packed and I know I'll leave something out...I meant to at least put a little Mickey head on the the picture frames I gave, but I procrastinated, as usual, and didn't get around to it.

But all the store bought stuff was cool too, and very useful. My older DD's favorite was the movie candy. I think I'm going to steal that idea for next time! I got too complicated with different stuff for adults, teen boys, teen girls, young girls, young boys, babies, then I decided the adults traveling without kids needed a bit more in their bags so that was another category. Borderline obsessive/compulsive people like me probably should not participate in FE, lol...we spent hours assembling the bags at home. Then I foolishly decided not to label them by cabin numbers and so it took over 2 hours to deliver it all. Toward the end, I was left with giving little kids the stuff that was meant for teens, so I mixed some up somewhere.

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, the plastic coaster looking thing was supposed to be a frisbee...Oriental Trading really makes things look better in the catalog than they are in real life.;)

Ahhh....Now I'm putting it all together. I think I have a little bit of "cruise lag."

We loved your gift! I heard several people say their calendar magnet was stolen from their door so we kept ours in our room. It's on the fridge now.

I wondered about rivalries when I put them in! Alabama/Auburn fans are especially funny. I have friends who don't speak to each other the week of the game because they don't want to risk making each other mad.

We're Auburn fans, but we still partook in the candy goodness. :laughing:

The Mickey soap is so cute! Thank you! I want to put it somewhere so it can be seen but no one will use it...that means out of sight of my husband who doesn't believe soap can also be decorative.:)

Glad you liked it!

ALL of the gifts we received were so creative and useful...and I also need to say thank you to whoever put the fingernail clippers in their gift. My DH purchased some while we were at WDW (at a grocery store) and they were terrible! :lmao:

I'm finally getting around to posting some pictures from the cruise to the DCL Picture of the Day IV Thread.

Here is the first one...
DCLBlog_DSC_2329And10more-Edit_Disney-Fantasy-Atrium-Lobby-800x531.jpg

Sorry to say we ran into some very unfriendly and rude people on this cruise, I had someone throw my belongings off of a chair that I only left to use the restroom, When I returned and found my camera about 40 feet away as well as my flip flops, towel and bag and my chair , I was told by the person who threw my things to go back to the buffet fat f-ing cow, when I reported this to a cast member they did nothing, I know you are not allowed to save chairs but to throw someone's belongings and then to use very hurtful insults is unacceptable to me, I am not sure if I will ever cruise with Disney again since they obviously do not condemn this behavior

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter