“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh how I can hope this will be available in late June!

Guessing to check in May but what are the usually days of week this is done ?

Sarah

Pulled these dates from this thread :

• Mar 2018 posted Sat Feb 3, 2018 ( 26 days)
  • Feb 2018 posted Wed Dec 6, 2017 ( 57 days)
  • Jan 2018 posted Sun Sept 24, 2017 ( 99 days)
  • Dec 2017 posted Fri Aug 25, 2017 ( 98 days)
  • Nov 2017 posted Sun Aug 13, 2017 ( 80 days)

Might be worth carrying this information forward each time new dates are announced.

I'd like to say that you're on to something, but if there is a pattern, I'm not aware of it.

I think you're onto something here. The pattern follows "chaos" theory. In chaotic systems, the uncertainty in a forecast increases exponentially with elapsed time.

If the early June dates are posted sometime after June 15th, I'll be 100% sure - but I need more data.

Did this event for the first time on Saturday night. @FastPasser. wasn't there to screw anything up, so we had a great time. ;)

We were a two-some and were seated with three others - turns out another two-some and a single. Not going to lie, this was a bit awkward at first but we ended up making friends and it was a fun way to pass the time.

Honestly that's probably the biggest negative about the experience... we're fine with that stuff, but I could see some being turned off big time. The tables are not exactly big - they are somewhat intimate to be sharing with strangers.

Other than that, I thought everything about it was really well done. Food and beverage offerings were all really good. Unlike the MK dessert parties - this is a quality event / special experience from start to finish.

My only other minor nit (and it's a whiny/entitled one, I admit) is that I wish we could have had our own boat on FEA. Would have loved to have an empty boat ride photo of just DW and me. As is, we were in the back row which gets really bad photos on that particular ride - so no souvenir moment there. Again, I admit that's a pretty picky / not going to ever happen type of comment.

Anyway, fun times for sure. Happy to answer any questions.

Did this event for the first time on Saturday night. @FastPasser. wasn't there to screw anything up, so we had a great time.

We were a two-some and were seated with three others - turns out another two-some and a single. Not going to lie, this was a bit awkward at first but we ended up making friends and it was a fun way to pass the time.

Honestly that's probably the biggest negative about the experience... we're fine with that stuff, but I could see some being turned off big time. The tables are not exactly big - they are somewhat intimate to be sharing with strangers.

Other than that, I thought everything about it was really well done. Food and beverage offerings were all really good. Unlike the MK dessert parties - this is a quality event / special experience from start to finish.

My only other minor nit (and it's a whiny/entitled one, I admit) is that I wish we could have had our own boat on FEA. Would have loved to have an empty boat ride photo of just DW and me. As is, we were in the back row which gets really bad photos on that particular ride - so no souvenir moment there. Again, I admit that's a pretty picky / not going to ever happen type of comment.

Anyway, fun times for sure. Happy to answer any questions.
Thanks for the review! We're a party of 3 so I'm expecting that we will probably be seated with another single or couple as our party night is already sold out. Would you say the tables all had decent views?

The pattern follows "chaos" theory.
Chaos Theory, I don't think that will come as a surprise to many trying to plan.
My only other minor nit (and it's a whiny/entitled one, I admit) is that I wish we could have had our own boat on FEA.
For future reference and because party guests have the ride to themselves, the party and attraction staff are more than willing to make Magical Moments whenever they can. If someone has a special request, mention it to a CM. All they can do is apologize and say that they can't accommodate you. I think in your case because it was a special day for you, they would have accommodated you by putting you in the last boat.
We're a party of 3 so I'm expecting that we will probably be seated with another single or couple as our party night is already sold out.
Because the website does say "Guests may be seated with other parties" you should expect it, but it's not always a given. Some parties of 2 or 3 people will get their own table.

Previously on this thread a number of best guesses were given as to why this particular party's schedule is released later than the others. Since that discussion, I can now say that there are good reasons for why that's the case. Not being able to get into the particulars, all I can say is, sorry, but that's just the way it's being done.

Now that wasn't of any help at all, was it?

Beginning July 17? Is there a break in between? I've been waiting for May dates and now I'm bummed/confused.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/frozen-ever-after-sparkling-dessert-party/

Edit: Scratch that. It said July 17, 2017. I really am confused.

I'll keep watching for those May dates to open up!

SO .................. is this rumor put out there that Illuminations is about to end, the work on the new show has been fast-tracked and possibly ready to go in a few months ............ be impacting the party dates. I would imagine with a new show every bit of space around that lagoon will be full ............ or better yet the part expanded to be much bigger as it would surely sell out.

Just rambling about what I've been reading today, I realize @FastPasser. is not able to spill the beans .... but maybe just send us a sign or nod.

Last edited:
SO .................. is this rumor put out there that Illuminations is about to end, the work on the new show has been fast-tracked and possibly ready to go in a few months ............ be impacting the party dates. I would imagine with a new show every bit of space around that lagoon will be full ............ or better yet the part expanded to be much bigger as it would surely sell out.

Just rambling about what I've been reading today, I realize @FastPasser. is not able to spill the beans .... but maybe just send us a sign or nod.

I saw the same rumor! I popped over here to see if anyone knew anything... we won’t be coming until September so I’m thinking the new show may be available, if the rumor is true. I hope the dessert party doesn’t change though; I really wanna go!

I am more than ready to book the party, just waiting as patiently as possible for the dates in April/May to open up! So excited for the trip, so all in all this isn't a make it or break it - just a nice thing to add on should it be planned for one of the nights we are in Epcot.

I am seriously bummed out hearing that Illuminations may not be long for this world. I LOVE that show. Like others here, I hope that doesn't mean the Frozen party is going away. It's my favorite of the three we've tried.

Oh no! First Wishes now Illuminations! It’s the whole sentiment of Illuminations that gets me every time especially ‘We Go On’ at the end which I sing at the top of my voice whilst exiting the park! I also love when they play the soundtrack from Tapestry of Nations at the end.
These things have become more important to me over the years than any new ride, the Frozen Dessert party has become my way of being able to enjoy Illuminations in comfort, and as I don’t enjoy Happy Ever After half as much as I enjoyed Wishes, I’m worried that I won’t like the new Epcot fireworks show as much.

I know that makes me sound as if I’ve already decided I won’t like it, but I want to like the new fireworks shows as they are a perfect ending to any Disney day,maybe I’m just too sentimental , and I honestly hope I do grow to love the new show.

Sorry, but I can't. Not to worry though, it appears that WDWNT appears to have an inside track. They're not always right, but they have a pretty good track record.

Just teasing, knew you couldn’t and shouldn’t tip your hat.

Now if Disney would just identify WDWNT’s mole and be “off with their head” Disney would have more control of their own announcements.

Oh no! First Wishes now Illuminations! It’s the whole sentiment of Illuminations that gets me every time especially ‘We Go On’ at the end which I sing at the top of my voice whilst exiting the park! I also love when they play the soundtrack from Tapestry of Nations at the end.

These things have become more important to me over the years than any new ride, the Frozen Dessert party has become my way of being able to enjoy Illuminations in comfort, and as I don’t enjoy Happy Ever After half as much as I enjoyed Wishes, I’m worried that I won’t like the new Epcot fireworks show as much.

I know that makes me sound as if I’ve already decided I won’t like it, but I want to like the new fireworks shows as they are a perfect ending to any Disney day,maybe I’m just too sentimental , and I honestly hope I do grow to love the new show.

DS2 is HUGE HUGE Illuminations fan and will actually start his 8 hour drive to Disney to make sure he arrives in time to see it ... so he can hopefully see at least twice on his trips. He loves the story/message and often explaining to those around him that don't get it. (He's a history/geography major) When I told him what popped up today he was not happy and worried it will close before his next trip in April. There will be a huge mourning on his part.

He says he is so worried about a new show. He feels like Chapek has and will be a detriment to WDW with his merchandise mentality. His fear is the show will be another cram the IPs into the show and/or if they are fast tracking this we'll end up with a failure of a show like ROL. Illuminations whether a huge fan or not, was a peaceful yet powerful show that has lasted 19 years ... I would hope they will take a long time to create something that is worthy of replacing it.

Last edited:

THIS!

I hope that doesn't mean the Frozen party is going away. It's my favorite of the three we've tried.
Most people are aware of the FEA party, but there are private parties and events that take place around the lagoon and elsewhere every night where viewing of the show is a major element of the event. I'll let you connect the dots.

Now if Disney would just identify WDWNT’s mole and be “off with their head” Disney would have more control of their own announcements.
Disney is adept at keeping secrets when they really want to, so it's not necessarily a mole. It could be a let's run it up the flag pole and see if anyone salutes situation. If true, it raises the anticipation level, plus a little free advertising never hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter