“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timing is about right. Some people even saw Moana later in the evening with slightly lower waits. Again that's a lot of digging on @monique5 MAIN 2017 thread. I will look but for now this is all I have to help you gauge. :oops:

I know we walked by her with a not too long wait last year later in the night but my sister has her heart set on meeting her so it makes me nervous to chance it. I guess we’ll wait for the reports from the first few parties to decide what to do because we go August 28.

I know we walked by her with a not too long wait last year later in the night but my sister has her heart set on meeting her so it makes me nervous to chance it. I guess we’ll wait for the reports from the first few parties to decide what to do because we go August 28.

I will update Post #6: Character List when and if fellow DISers report their times for characters like last year, so all you will need to do is go to my MAIN page while in the parks, click on Post #6 to see them. Easy peasy!

For those unsure of what I'm referring to, here is an example of what I did in 2017 Itinerary thread:

Adventureland

Aladdin with Abu (rare)
Princess Jasmine with Genie (rare)
Jafar (rare)
Moana (rare)
4:20-5:55 = 1hr 35min, 4:30-5:30 = 1hr, 6:10-8:10 = 2hr.

These are links to the actual posts given by fellow DISers which are PRICELESS! So please, help out a fellow DISer and post some info while standing in line. I'm not asking you to post everything cuz that's too crazy, just when your standing in line please post what time you got there and what time you were done. Thanks!

NEWS:

Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort: Three new bus stations opening on April 27, 2018 those attending MNSSHP will need to use Depot A

Talking Mickey at Town Square Theater will no longer be 'talking' starting May 12, 2017.

NEWS:

Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort: Three new bus stations opening on April 27, 2018 those attending MNSSHP will need to use Depot A

Talking Mickey at Town Square Theater will no longer be 'talking' starting May 12, 2017.

No more talking Mickey? :( I wonder why! He’s always a highlight of our trips. What a bummer.

No more talking Mickey? :( I wonder why! He’s always a highlight of our trips. What a bummer.

It's been said people just couldn't wrap their heads around the fact Mickey didn't talk at other parks. Don't they realize Magic Kingdom is "magical" so due to whining another thing gone! :sad2:

Hi and :welcome: to the party! You did an awesome job on your itinerary! Very easy flowing for a Thursday party as far as I can tell. Just to confirm are you wanting to do TWO Hocus Pocus Shows? To be honest I would leave your plans alone for now. We still need confirmation from Disney when MNSSHP events will take place. They changed their time structure last year which made things difficult to plan. @Cluelyss knows more about Hocus Pocus so I can't help you there.

FYI - It's recommended to Trick or Treat later in the evening to avoid the crowds and this late into the party I think it will be busy but we should know more in late September when ticket sales increase.

Thank you!! :wave2:

I thought it might be difficult to get a good viewing spot for Hocus Pocus, so yes, planning for both. And if we get a great view the first time, we can always skip the midnight show. I wanted to fit in another parade, too, but that was... not the best plan. I'm happy it's just the two of us, and we can be flexible to match Disney's last-minute scheduling.

The trick or treating is more of a mood setter for us cuz neither of us likes candy that much, but I will have a teal bag and am kinda excited about those treats. Would the as-you-go method cause a lot of added waiting time, do you think?

It's been said people just couldn't wrap their heads around the fact Mickey didn't talk at other parks. Don't they realize Magic Kingdom is "magical" so due to whining another thing gone! :sad2:

I’m still baffled that people complained about that! I didn’t even know he spoke the first time I saw him in Town Square and left sobbing because it was so amazing.

Maybe this means Mickey and all of his friends will talk soon.... Wishful thinking!! LOL.

This is a great idea...For our first MNSSHP we stayed at CBR...the buses were terrible...I believe a bus broke down and no other buses could get to us waiting at the bus stops...the crowd of party goers was increasing rapidly and we were all quite angry...crowds of us were walking from one bus stop to another...we were about 2 hours later than our planned arrival and missed our first 2 FP...of course we mentioned this to front desk at the hotel the next day and they issued us replacement FP...

CBR was very generous to us that trip (upgraded to preferred room, SW airlines ruined my luggage and some of my belongings inside-CBR manager credited my account for the cost, we also received numerous additional FP for having to change rooms-original room had a water/moisture problem, manager also offered to send a gift package to our room-we never did get it but I'm thinking it went to original room.)

We would stay there again but not until construction is near completion!

Mickey Mouse will still be at the Theater - but without his voice.

We saw him this past trip Feb/March because I believe it was mentioned here that talking Mickey would be leaving before our next trip. He danced around the room holding hands with kids while he was chatting with them. It was cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter