“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Costumes & Guidelines

Inspiration can come from anywhere including non Disney characters!
Lego Ninjago
I was Nya, Kai’s sister and used McCalls 4369 pattern to make my dress.
DH was Sensei Wu, he had a white karate gi so I purchased the hat and wig that I cut into a beard and mustache for the right length. The staff belonged to my late father who climbed Mt. Fuji with it in his early years while serving in the Marine’s.
DS was Kai, I made his pattern and the yellow fire patch. The foam sword was purchased from the Lego Store.

You all look amazing!!

I am torn between several costumes and only having 2 parties to attend. I haven’t dressed up for Halloween or anything else since I was a kid, so I think I’m overexcited by the idea.

Tigger is my favourite character, but I am not wearing a Tigger onesie outfit in Florida, so it would be a Tigger-ish outfit based around a sleeveless top and a tutu. I don’t know if it would work. However, a photo of me dressed as Tigger, with Tigger in his Halloween costume, would make my year!

The other main option is Belle, just because I think it would be really fun and I haven’t worn that kind of dress in 20 years. I think I will probably go as Belle for one party. My friend is a great dressmaker and has already volunteered to help.

If I go as a villain then I will be Ursula, who is awesome, but making the tentacles is a big job and it will take up a lot of suitcase space. Plus, as a bigger girl, I feel a bit funny about what message this sends to my nieces, who will be there: I’m bigger so I can’t be a princess, I have to be a witch. Me, overthink things? Never...

If I run out of time, I figure I could pull together a Minnie outfit with stuff I already own and then just a spotty skirt that I could buy or make quickly. However, I don’t have any particular attachment to Minnie, so this is just my back up plan.

If I manage to do nothing at all then I will go as Princess Leia, as I have a costume for that already. I think that it will be too hot though.

You are an over thinker and in a great way too! Love your costume ideas!!! When is your trip?

:D We will be there for the whole month of October. Our first party is 16th October and the second is about a week later (23rd?). We are still tossing around the idea of going on Halloween itself but the friends we are meeting don’t care, so we might put that money towards something else instead.

I highly recommend checking out DIY Foam Armor. My husband made a breast plate for our son's costume. DS was Knave of Hearts from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. VERY, VERY easy to make and fun too. DH was a bit apprehensive at first with it being out of his comfort zone so he kept watching the tutorials and the finished product was awesome!

View attachment 315345

A closer image.

View attachment 315346

Here's just one tutorial:

Wow, that costume is AMAZING!! You are so talented! :worship:

Mine and DH's thing is that we don't want anything too complicated (aka hot), because we are New Englanders who basically die in the humidity. Plus I'm OCD and want us to match/coordinate in some way.
We both really love Daisy and Donald, which I think would be easy enough and we'd be able to keep cool since he could do shorts and I could do a skirt/tutu.

My other idea I had was for me to wear a modified Belle dress (with maybe a tutu?), and make DH a shirt that looks like the Beast.

I really need to decide on something so I can start working on it. With summer coming up I don't want to put it on the back burner totally and end up doing nothing.

:D We will be there for the whole month of October. Our first party is 16th October and the second is about a week later (23rd?). We are still tossing around the idea of going on Halloween itself but the friends we are meeting don’t care, so we might put that money towards something else instead.

A whole MONTH?! Can I work for you? I'd love to take a month off for vacation! Lol! DisneyBounding sounds perfect for you! I especially like being able to mix and match the DisneyBounding costume with other items during my trip. Less clothes to pack!

I added a few links about DisneyBounding, to see them click here: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-costumes-guidelines.3671354/#post-58968421"]Post #5[/URL]

There are many DISers who can help you create amazing costumes & accessories. @Bex258 , @Cluelyss just to name a few posted their amazing work. I hope you find your inspiration and post photos too!

I can do an accessory or two but I couldn't create the wonderful costumes that you do :worship:

When I get a chance I shall post my costume pictures, I can defiantly give advice on rabbit ears. :teeth:

I can do an accessory or two but I couldn't create the wonderful costumes that you do :worship:

When I get a chance I shall post my costume pictures, I can defiantly give advice on rabbit ears. :teeth:

You're amazing and so is the work you've done. Without your help I couldn't have been able to complete DH Rabbit ears for his White Rabbit Costume so my friend :worship: :D

Okay we have finally decided. We will be pirates for one party and the second party we are going as Ralph and vanellope

This sounds so awesome! I cannot recall seeing photos of Ralph and Vanellope in 2017 so I'm really excited to see what you come up with!

Apparently DH is excited about being Ralph because he sent me links this morning that took me to Amazon. He had found overalls and an orange shirt that he wanted and said he is going to spike his hair up LOL :rotfl2:

I'm loving his enthusiasm! :thumbsup2 Can't wait to see you both! :cheer2:

I'm wondering how to stick candy in my hair lol.

I would use fake candy and mini combs! You can make the candy from foam and use small cello bags to put them into like these;

Bags: https://www.dollartree.com/Clear-Cello-Loot-Bags-with-Twist-Ties-40-ct-Packs/p342281/index.pro

Coats Transparent Thread: http://www.michaels.com/10114147.ht...MIneKnwoqz2gIVwcDICh32rgF8EAQYASABEgIhCvD_BwE

Mini Combs: https://www.amazon.com/Clear-Plain-...D=41pyx4JEYcL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail

Use transparent thread wrapping the mini combs onto the candy and voila! You will need to secure the ends of the thread with super glue.

Here's a video using pipe cleaners:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter