10 NIGHTS RPR...MARDI GRAS & COCKTAILS....MARCH 2018 TRIP

I've never been lucky enough to see/experience Green Eggs and Ham. Maybe one day it will be open when I visit!

The Palm restaurant is sooooooo amazing!! I can still remember the amazing dinner we had for my DD's birthday back in October!

Your TR is almost forcing me to book a trip, lol! I don't have any Florida plans for this year....yet!

Ooh get booking!!!! There’s always room for a Florida trip..........:D

Love The Palm. Definitely our favourite onsite restaurant.........although think we may go back to Ocean Prime next trip for a change.......steaks are sublime there too........

Oh a girl argued with me once GE&H hadn’t opened in years......then I showed her my picture from that year that it had been open........but it’s not unusual for some folks never to have seen it open.........to be honest I wouldn’t eat the food in it..........

Someone should have warned you about March 17th LOL! We usually go out to a parade or something, but decided to stay in this year.
Before we found family in Jacksonville-I was looking at Clearwater beach for our beach part of trip in June. Love gulf side beaches, but we will be on coastal side this year.

The cocktails look very nice! Love French berry martini's! And fresh seafood--mmmm.

Wish the hot weather would have stuck around for all of the next week though. Still pretty nice most days (even tornado warning day-cleared out the parks and I was napping during the worst of it:))

Someone should have warned you about March 17th LOL! We usually go out to a parade or something, but decided to stay in this year.
Before we found family in Jacksonville-I was looking at Clearwater beach for our beach part of trip in June. Love gulf side beaches, but we will be on coastal side this year.

The cocktails look very nice! Love French berry martini's! And fresh seafood--mmmm.

Wish the hot weather would have stuck around for all of the next week though. Still pretty nice most days (even tornado warning day-cleared out the parks and I was napping during the worst of it:))

Thing is I do know when St Patrick’s Day is, it’s the day after my mum’s birthday and it was Tom’s dad birthday.......we just totally forgot about it with being on vacation! I avoid all things St Pats Day in the UK too.....so that’s the closest I’ve ever got to anything like that.........

The coastal side is nice too.....we liked Cocoa Beach........but yep, do prefer the Gulf side.

French Berry Martini is my favourite cocktail from SWT.........I did like the Mai Tai but even for me it was strong......but so tasty.........and yes.......I could live on seafood!!!

Oh that day with the tornado warning was wild with the weather!!! I took video of the rain from the club lounge and winds with my iPad.......but it was so bad you couldn’t make it out........lol.........

I have a love/hate relationship with your trip reports!!! I love, love, love them too much!! Every time I read one it makes me book a trip after I swear we're going to try somewhere else!! LOL :-) I just booked a quick trip for June after reading this one! Universal should pay you! LOL

I feel like I’m in the back seat of the car when you did the drive that day

Great description of everything in that area

About the cats, that was the first thing I noticed when I saw that building years ago
I had so many pictures of them as a cat lover I am

I have a love/hate relationship with your trip reports!!! I love, love, love them too much!! Every time I read one it makes me book a trip after I swear we're going to try somewhere else!! LOL :-) I just booked a quick trip for June after reading this one! Universal should pay you! LOL

:welcome: Annchristine65.......nice to have you along again.........

Lol.........that made me laugh!!!

I’m so happy you have your trip booked........it is an amazing place!!

And thanks for the lovely compliments.......I do appreciate it........:wave2:

I feel like I’m in the back seat of the car when you did the drive that day

Great description of everything in that area

About the cats, that was the first thing I noticed when I saw that building years ago
I had so many pictures of them as a cat lover I am

It makes sense cat people will notice..........lol........and I think I’m observant......

Glad you’re enjoying reading along as always.......::yes::

Great updates! I have a friend who lives in Dunedin, and it's nice to see pictures of the town. As many times as we have been to Florida, we have not really strayed away from the Orlando area.

Tell Tom that he must really think of me and that I demand pictures of him and his lovely smile! :)

Alice......if anything happens to me, you are my choice for Tom.........:D of course you may have something to say about that.........lol.......

Thanks......you always make his day and mine too with posts like that........

I’ll try to post more of him, but he prefers to take pictures rather than be in them..........:confused3

Great updates! I have a friend who lives in Dunedin, and it's nice to see pictures of the town. As many times as we have been to Florida, we have not really strayed away from the Orlando area.

Thanks Andrea.........Dunedin is beautiful.........I sometimes think, we could have had a home there......but deep down I’m glad we don’t........but it’s gorgeous......

It’s so easy though to stay around the parks........all of them.......so much to see and do there alone.........:thumbsup2

SUNDAY MARCH 18TH

So again, we slept great......we generally do once we are here.......although Tom informed me again I was chatting in my sleep....totally incoherent but I was laughing too. I`ve done this frequently at home and I get annoyed I can`t remember what I was laughing at......I do usually remember my dreams so I did wonder what I found so funny.

We got up at 6.30 this morning.....again, we planned to sleep later than that but it never transpires. We do however never plan to do EE, there`s just no need for us to do it. But, we heard from various guests it was incredibly busy this morning and no real benefit these busy days.

Had our usual breakfast and chatted briefly to the couple of TM`s that were there this morning.......it was busy again today and we had just hit the crowds......but it still never feels overly busy as there are plenty of tables.....but we finish quickly and head down to sunscreen and get camera and such.

As we are going to the Studios we get the boat. So, bag off to be x-rayed and we go through the security check that takes a few seconds and there is a boat waiting so we get straight on and leave almost immediately.....the boat is fairly busy and very boisterous this morning......people are excited as it is their first time at Universal ever.......nice to see. Although the one 12 year old who thinks it`s clever to howl like a wolf constantly is soon told to button it by one irate guy.......I think he said what we were all thinking. Then his parents asked him to be quiet.

So arriving at Studios we are greeted this morning by The Mardi Gras sign that wasn't up the other day......I hadn't noticed but one of the club staff asked if it was back up yet......I told him I`d let him know...but it was there today.....

i-4Zk8nzC-XL.jpg

We love going through these gates.......and to our immense delight it was already boiling hot!!! With a tiny little breeze, but that would soon disappear and we were left with just heat.......we get our AP out and mine scans ok, but Tom`s as usual doesn't want to play......however after a few attempts he gets through. We wave briefly to another friend who is a manger there, we`ll see him in a day or so at Celebration, but he is busy this morning with a whole set of other suits so we walk on by with a wave and a smile......

Then we see whole hordes of groups of teens.......and we think noooo.......surely not now.......but they were a church group I believe and certainly the sheer volume of them was quite alarming, but they were well managed looking at them and we never actually saw them again and assume they must have split into much smaller groups......the excitement was palpable with them!!!

So, we went our usual route.....I really must take some pictures of the park side of the entrance, it`s an area we tend to ignore for some reason......whereas Port of Entry in Islands we spend a lot of time enjoying.

Straight onto Despicable Me and we walk straight on again.......the regular line was 75 minutes, still a long wait, but seen it much longer at this time of day. Always enjoy this ride......and it brings a smile to your face......we don't stop for a minion picture today and head straight outside and round to RRR........hoping its not too rough........and it`s not....we walk straight on to this too as it was so quiet. We began to wonder where everyone was today......

RRR was good. We got on the front and although the last few turns are always a little head bashing wherever you sit, it was fairly smooth. We got the front without asking today but usually we do ask for the front or 2nd row as it does seem a much smoother ride than at the back of the cars. I usually only do this ride once, Tom and Kyle however can go round many times and not feel the slightest bit off or dizzy.....but today once is enough for Tom too.

i-WS7tbts-XL.jpg

i-rXpMZPX-XL.jpg

We give the Fallon ride a miss. Anyone who read our December or previous September trip report will know we think this ride is a dud. Don`t like Jimmy Fallon and were very disappointed in this ride. So we won`t go back on it.......dull as dishwater to us......but if you haven't been on it, you should try it as we all like different things.......some love it. The panda was a lot of fun though.........

i-Q6FxWsT-XL.jpg

i-9FnkcN3-XL.jpg

It was glorious today. The scrim on the building to the right was getting some interior work done on it......this was used in HHN for their store and it was excellent.......

We go on The Mummy. This has got to be one of the best rides around. It has everything from the drop which isn't too bad, fast coaster element and excellent theming. Check out the nod to the old Kong ride if you can see it........this would be the longest we had ever waited in the EP line except one night during HHN where we waited 35 minutes in EP........today we waited 15-20 minutes but it seemed longer as we didn't move for a while. This would be a one and done for us today......if this was going to be the length of line.....we could come back another time. But we did get on and had another short delay as we asked to wait for the front.......there was only one side running and then as if by magic they opened the other side so we got on the next car. On the front.

Love this ride so much.........TM are fun here and always stay in character when you set off.......as we had done this so often we know when to brace ourselves for the sudden and abrupt stops.......and today was no different........but when it came to stop at the bit with the fire on the roof......we absolutely stopped like we have never stopped before.......I yelled out in pain, Tom yelled ouch and the couple beside us screamed she had knocked her head badly on the back of the seat........I know it does stop fast but this felt weird. Anyway I caught my breath as we set off for the drop and you do come out of your seat usually on the coaster part which is fast........but today........we felt like Clark Griswold going down the hill on the makeshift sledge in Christmas Vacation!!!!

Never have I felt this ride go so darn fast.......it was fantastic!!!!! Our teeth were rattling in our head as we were propelled round the exceedingly fast track.......and then we stopped.......

Tom asked how my back was as I have been attending a chiropractor for a couple of months.......this didn't feel good I had to say, but after a few minutes of walking and I stretched a little it was fine......Tom did his back jerk too but he was fine too. The couple who sat beside us were in tears as they had both bashed their head hard.........they were complaining as we walked past....but it`s a coaster.

We decided with how long the line was and how jerky it was today we would definitely give it a miss the rest of the day......and maybe take it easy....lol.....I was feeling my age today.......not really!!!

We were loving this heat today, we got to 86F today and we loved it........we took our time and stopped every few minutes to just admire how lovely the park actually is.......the lagoon is lovely and they have the Beat Builders around that area......Studios are filled with street entertainers around the park at various times and if you catch them they are all a lot of fun.........

i-KcW7rSs-XL.jpg

i-nfCjwCt-XL.jpg

This area is really pretty, love the San Francisco feel of the place (not that I`ve ever been there) but it has some nice scenery around and we take loads of pictures around here.........

You can see over the other side of the lagoon the work being done to change the landscape slightly. They are adding more viewing areas for the new show that will be based around the lagoon, premiering later. This replaces the Cinematic spectacular. They are also placing light effects under the water right now........looking forward to this being announced too!!!

i-crm9gRx-XL.jpg

Richter Burger is a cool building inside.....worth a look, but food isn't great. It used to be excellent many years ago, but we have found it to be quite poor recently. Such a shame as it could be fabulous!

i-KJNkcJr-XL.jpg

i-wNw4dd5-XL.jpg

Fast and Furious isn't far away at all from opening.......despite never having seen any of the films, we are looking forward to this ride.

i-HmgGDGn-XL.jpg

We always say we are going to have a cake from the little bakery beside Lombards, San Francisco but we are never hungry enough to have one.....but today we had deliberately not eaten a lot for breakfast with the idea we might stop for a cake.......so we did. They have some lovely big creamy ones, very rich cheesecakes and allsorts of other goodies.....they also do croissant sandwiches ideal for early lunch and late breakfasts.......

i-v34vrFr-XL.jpg

i-GjjGXdN-XL.jpg

i-RwrCdPG-XL.jpg

i-w49ZXrh-XL.jpg

i-tL7283C-XL.jpg

I was torn between a Napoleon and a cherry turnover or coconut apple turnover.......and so many other things, especially the blueberry cheesecake......but I went with the Danish Apple pastry and Tom went for the caramel cheesecake........

i-D6tCmkN-XL.jpg

i-SWbjqX3-XL.jpg

They were lovely. I was glad I hadn't gone for the cheesecake as it was incredibly rich, and maybe a little to rich for me........so the pastry was perfect.......Tom loved his and I only took a tiny little bit.......we shared a sprite too and we sat watching the world pass by us. Everyone different. Some looked happy, some looked excited to go see Potter and some looked absolutely ready to burst with excitement......folks are fun to watch. We could pass hours just people watching.

So those cakes would keep us going till we went for lunch later.

We head down the few feet to the start of Potter area.......it didn't look too busy.........here.

i-RqvkB3V-XL.jpg

But, today we decided to give the whole area a miss and just keep walking by.......we just wanted to be in the sunshine while it shone......we had plenty of days.

Of course we had to take some mandatory pictures of course........

i-G6RHf7w-XL.jpg

i-NtFhMLZ-XL.jpg

Kreacher is very popular........and of course we saw him a couple of times as we stood as he appears very regularly and not every 15 minutes as we heard one tourist tell her family with a firm authority.......Tom was chatting to her husband at this point and told him it was far more regular than that.....at that he appeared again and I`m sure the wife thought we were insufferable know it alls........not the only one maybe!!!

But, we left that area and headed over to do MiB.......this is one of Tom`s favourite rides. Him and Kyle love it........I do it because they love it. But it`s not really my kind of thing.

i-TFgmPNv-XL.jpg

i-KPjHJ9T-XL.jpg

Regular line was 20 minutes and we walked on the EP line only stopping near where they scan your pass and it was maybe 5 minutes from there......I have to say this ride doesn't do much for me at all, but I do try today......Tom and Kyle are always so intent and they concentrate so hard when doing it..........I just kind of wave the gun around and hope for the best.......they have never forgiven me for many years ago not even try and I beat both of them.......I have no clue how I did it. They weren't happy......lol.......but today I was just mediocre......Tom beat me out the park and was annoyed the couple in front who were basically rubbish at the game, one of them got about 400 and the other even less............lol......so we lost. It was fun though.......

We came out and gently wandered through the Simpsons area......no desire to do that ride again! We stop by the area behind Duff beer bar and take some images of the other side of the water.......

There are tables down here which is ideal if you have some food you want to eat or just a place to sit and relax for a while. It`s never usually very busy.

And we see "Bruce" getting a scrub too.

i-fNMGMMN-XL.jpg

i-cc7xtKT-XL.jpg

i-C9CgZWQ-XL.jpg

i-4Wj7vgZ-XL.jpg

i-hRh6Tvx-XL.jpg

i-WMwMNZR-XL.jpg

We wander round and do ET. This is always a must do of our Studio park days........it`s cool and relaxing and just so cute, and just a little weird........but we get straight on despite the 3 ladies holding up the EP line expecting to walk through and don't seem to understand they need EP. It hardly makes a difference today as there`s not many people here, but they do try.

Few minutes later we are heading towards the exit of the park........it`s here we pass the Horror Make up Show building. We have missed this the last visit and we mean to do it this time, but we miss it again.......we always seem to be doing something else.........but we do plan to try and do it in May as it is so much fun.

Again we have some live music and they are playing the Scooby doo theme song......so everyone is dancing along.......

i-mgNhxSm-XL.jpg

i-ZnVkJP6-XL.jpg

We have one more ride on DM as the EP line is very short........this only takes another 15 minutes or so out of our day.......and so much fun!!! Although now I am admittedly hungry, and we are leaving the park for lunch today. But it is just so gorgeous.......I decide then, again, 10 days isn't enough for us.

i-2SXCkDB-XL.jpg

We can`t believe where the morning has gone......this was bliss for us today.......the heat and taking our time walking around the park and just embracing the atmosphere rather than rushing from ride to ride........

But, for now we were heading out and planning to go back to the hotel for a freshen up and then head out to O` Charleys for lunch and then a few shopping items were needed.

Fabulous trip report so far - Love your LV purchase! Great size and has a zipper ( not a fan of the LV {open bag} my stuff keeps falling out in the car - lol)
Your food pictures are fantastic - yummy!!:flower:

Fabulous trip report so far - Love your LV purchase! Great size and has a zipper ( not a fan of the LV {open bag} my stuff keeps falling out in the car - lol)
Your food pictures are fantastic - yummy!!:flower:

Thanks so much! I’m glad you are enjoying reading along.......

Oh I have to have a zipper bag, I think most of my handbags are all zippered or all close tightly shut.......I worry about pickpockets with those open bags.......

The food pics coming up were definitely making me hungry as I was nearing our dinner time tonight........:D

SUNDAY MARCH 18TH CONT..........

We went back to our room to get changed and freshen up for an afternoon out of the parks........the one thing we liked about it not being 100f most of the time was we didn't feel the need to shower every 5 minutes.....seriously not a complaint about the September heat as we truly adore those temps.......but, for now a freshen up, some Snapple and we were ready to head back out......

We thought about a few places for lunch but decided on O` Charleys on Turkey Lake Road......a 5 minute drive away from us. We had eaten here many times and did enjoy it a lot.

Didn't look overly busy as it can be at times, got parked and went in and got our table immediately.......our waiter was James, a very friendly young man who we had never seen before......but we liked him.

I chose a strawberry lemonade and Tom opted for mango lemonade......both were lovely........

i-K2kjjgF-XL.jpg

i-46MKNn8-XL.jpg

We looked over the menu and certainly had a few choices......there was a special Sunday Brunch menu on, but, we went for the regular menu......not really brunch people.......I knew what I was having.......maybe a little dull, but the Nashville Hot chicken sandwich was my choice.......Tom took a little longer today. He loves the French dip style sandwich and had loved it last time......but he went for the Santa fe Tilapia served with rice.......Tom isn't keen on rice very often but James said it was quite flavoured and tasty. So he went with that.......

Looking around us it was all families and according to our waiter most are locals......we do like places like that. We were then served what I think are the nicest bread rolls around in a restaurant.......oh my goodness.......I try not eat too much of them though......sweet and hot......

i-zkxvhbk-XL.jpg

I refrain from eating two somehow. and stick to just one........

I wrap them back up and ask James to take them away...or we`ll just nibble on them........so he laughs and does that, just as our food comes out........

i-tNZpfTv-XL.jpg

i-dbDWJJH-XL.jpg

Tom`s fish was sublime. Nicely blackened and perfectly cooked.......and yep, the rice did actually taste of something other than rice......he was glad he ordered it and I did get a little bit........quite a big bit actually........lush!!

My sandwich was spicy!!!! I complain sometimes food isn't spicy enough here in America......this is. When I gave Tom a bit he declared it too hot to enjoy......but I loved it.......I don't really eat the buns, so it was just the chicken and some of the side salad Tom got with his fish......absolutely gorgeous lunch and we were again glad we had come here.

We did mean to get a slice of the caramel pie to take home, but we thought it might melt by time we had visited the few places we wanted to go today.

Didn't take a whole lot of pictures this afternoon as we were really just shopping. First up was Publix. We use the one on Sand Lake as it`s fairly quiet and handy.........we need a gift card for someone and it seems the only place we can get the particular one we need. So, we go in and admire all the food items first........if we were ever in a villa we would shop here.......the sandwiches, salads, subs, cooked meats and anything else looked delicious. But, we genuinely have no desire to cook anything on our vacation........so we wander around and then get the card and we pay.......and head back out into the sunshine.........in the car outside temp shows 89F.......bliss.

At the junction of Sand Lake and Turkey there are always homeless people wandering around the cars waiting at the lights. They are non threatening if you ignore them. It was the same guys we saw last year and I`m sure one was from the year before carrying a sign saying new born son to support. I know they are everywhere as we saw them coming through the Disney area at the lights there too........it`s not nice to see. Some people do hand over a few bucks to them.

But, we turn around and head to Bed Bath and Beyond which is a store I love!!!! Love the kitchen stuff and the sheets with the highest thread counts ever I love!!!! We have no sheets for our beds anymore that aren't from the USA. We pick up a couple of things and have my eye on a couple of things for our next visit........staff are friendly and helpful here all the time.

We didn't go to the Outlet Mall today at the top of IDrive........last few times we went parking was a nightmare and took ages, and then when we got in to shop we were quite disappointed with what we could buy........except Haagen Daaz of course........so we decided to not go for a few visits. I honestly am not the biggest shopper.....although I know it doesn't seem that way at times.

We get back in the car and I drive the short distance to Total Wine.

This has got to be one of our favourite stores in Orlando. Not only does it sell thousands of wines, they have some very unique hard liquors that we don't get in the UK. Flavours of vodka and rum blow us away every time.......

We are also here for another gift for someone. We know what we are getting without thinking, but we always have a wander around and marvel at the selection. I genuinely believe we would have a problem with alcohol if we lived here.......not only the choice, but the cost is so darn cheap!!!!!

We peruse the many shelves of rum and tequila......I take pictures to show friends who would be awestruck at the selection, but you guys know what its like over here........

i-dVFP3GK-XL.jpg

i-SsMqPJw-XL.jpg

i-5BdXVpH-XL.jpg

i-VDJ3xfs-XL.jpg

i-pwNWzp3-XL.jpg

i-rTvDR5j-XL.jpg

i-jWKzkgd-XL.jpg

Not the biggest vodka fans as we prefer rum based cocktails, but the variety available is amazing.

We approached the check out and a girl said she was opening her till up.....so we spoke to her and she asked which part of Scotland we were from.......we said we didn't live there any more but told her where.......turns out she knew exactly where we meant as she had spent 3 weeks there with her other job with a golf firm!! What`s the chances.......it`s not a huge place and golf is a big thing for the area........she knew the pub we went to for food when we visit and so many other things too........it was like meeting an old friend to be honest.....we actually stood for ages chatting to her about what she was doing there and places she went we knew......lovely girl.......we told her we`d see her again though as we would be back in May........she gave us a lovely hug and said how much she enjoyed talking to us........but, so unexpected to talk to someone who knows your hometowns.

This wouldn't be the only coincidence of the day.

We said our goodbyes and thanked her manager for letting her chat to us......he was genuinely pleasant and said no problems, they weren't overly busy......

Now back home we go.........the roads aren't fun today.......it`s always busy around here but today there seem to be a few around who don't want to wait.......but we eventually make it back to the hotel and we get a parking space right at the top of the lot again.....so not far to walk when we do go out next.

We had bought the gifts we needed for our friend, but we also bought a bottle of blackberry brandy......I loved the margaritas we had enjoyed and Andy had said one of the girls could make us sangria if we wished.....I had said I`d bring the brandy.......although they do have brandy in the lounge as part of the $5 upcharge as the liquors do have. We actually never ended up making sangria as we kept missing Elida. Maybe next visit.........so I poured us a little taste and it was very sweet........a little too sweet but it would be perfect as a sangria mix.

It was now around 5pm so we head up to the lounge and it`s busy........we go and sit down over the far side of the lounge as there at no tables, but as Andy brings our wine over, he tells us our "usual" table is free.......he goes over first to make sure it still is.......it`s funny when folks think of that as our favourite table.......lol........

We sit and chat for a while and enjoy a couple of glasses of wine and chat to Andy when he gets the chance.......he also asks if we will make dessert hour, we never really do. He says he will arrange a plate of desserts as it`s cheesecake for us to take away and put in our room for later........now that's a nice touch again. The staff in the lounge really do make you feel extra welcome and take excellent care of us. We do appreciate it.

We head off soon and drop the desserts off in our room for later. Then we head off and walk to the park. It`s still hot tonight which is lovely, but you can feel the drop in temperature ever so slightly.......it`s really pleasant though........

We walk through the lovely Port of Entry and there seems to be swarms of people coming out.......and we manage to avoid getting in anyone`s way as we seem to be the only ones heading in at this point...........we go around and head straight for Dr Doom......it wasn't quite dark yet, but it was ok........we did this 3 or 4 times and then did Spider-Man........this was a one visit tonight as we were getting close to the light show time.......someone had said the first show was 8.30pm, but as we walked past it had indeed had an earlier showing too.......but we just didn't look as we headed past Hulk where you can see the Castle.

This was where our second coincidence occurred.

It was dark now and we were just crossing the bridge under The Hulk......I heard a voice say Carole, but thought it was for another Carole.....then I heard it again but louder...someone was shouting me........I turned and saw two people obviously recognize me and it takes an instant to remember we met them before!!! Last year a couple approached us in Kings Cross area and said they enjoyed the trip report.......well it was the same couple.......Holly and Hank........HI :wave2:........I didn't register at first till Hank said they were from Maine and met us last year......I immediately remembered then......

It was so nice to see them again and quite the chance to meet the same people again......they were staying at RP too but we hadn't crossed paths........Holly isn't a member here, but I know she reads the Dis........"sign up Holly" ::yes::......we don't bite......lol........We chatted for a while and it really was nice to chat and meet again, however short a visit. We would have loved to have met up with them for a drink, but I think they were leaving the next day.........maybe next time...........

Now, we cut through Seuss and went into Hogsmeade......again folks are heading out as we had just missed a show.........we walk straight forward to in front of the castle, same place we watched the Christmas Light Show.......this was a decent place to watch it from.....and it`s not too busy again tonight........

Almost immediately the street lights dim and it`s about to start......glad we didn't dawdle.......some pictures are incredibly blurry.....I don't have the type of camera that likes things moving around, especially lights in the dark!!! I`m surprised any turned out........

i-xR7SX75-XL.jpg

i-CLcPSC5-XL.jpg

i-7gWxWbG-XL.jpg

i-dPfjrhd-XL.jpg

i-vkjtFNh-XL.jpg

i-xcwRMjD-XL.jpg

i-6sBmSmt-XL.jpg

It only lasts around 5 minutes, so it`s fairly short, but the music they add all adds up to a little gem of a show.......it`s cute. Not as good as the Christmas one, but I was glad we watched it.........

We hung around for a little while and then watched the next showing without taking pictures, and that was it for us. We wouldn't need to watch it again. Short, but its worth it if you are in the park when it`s on.

We walked back through past Poseidon which rather unusually is almost pitch black.......

i-2mr6bvN-XL.jpg

i-gGdS3nZ-XL.jpg

We go down towards the front of mythos.......and it is quite dark down here........but we do almost run into someone with a camera with the same idea as us.........

i-MV8j5vZ-XL.jpg

It was just so dark and a little spooky. We ambled back up and went through Seuss.......this is colourful and light!!!

i-RhGCG6P-XL.jpg

i-zqv7bVh-XL.jpg

There really weren't many people around tonight which was strange to see.......we were still deciding where to go eat tonight, but we took our time and wandered through the lovely POE

i-2bf6SW5-XL.jpg

i-FqvGMSp-XL.jpg

And of course outside our favourite store in IOA...........

i-ZpqjXSS-XL.jpg

i-zSzVB83-XL.jpg

We never make reservations. With the one exception being The Palm for a special meal. But for regular dinners out we wing it every time.....I never know when we are going to want to eat, or where we will want to eat......if somewhere is busy, we go somewhere else. And there really is plenty of choice in Citywalk........some places we wont eat again and others we enjoy frequently.

One of these places is NBC Sports Grill......always has good food and nice atmosphere.........so we walk over here and are greeted with a 40 minute wait.......we tell them we have priority seating and that goes down to 10 minutes......we`ll wait.........

At this point I am suddenly insanely thirsty.......it was hot and I hadn't had any water for a while.......so while we waited Tom went over to the bar and asked if he could get a glass of water for me, we were just waiting on a table......he came back with a huge glass of water that I am not ashamed to admit, I almost drank it in one. Guy stood beside me asked if I could do that with beer.......lol......told him no way!!! I think that might have impressed him........

So our table is ready and we are taken upstairs and I am surprised to see it`s so quiet up here.....what was with the 40 minute wait for a table........but, we have a server who is obviously run off his feet and I suspect the wait is more to do with staffing levels......

We only order a Fanta for me with more water, and Tom orders a Coors Light........we have no clue what food we feel like tonight. Thinking about it, we probably weren't that hungry after all.......but we were here now.......

I decide to try the Bang Bang Chicken after checking there are no onions in it, there aren't......and Tom orders ribs.

We have a good window seat upstairs and can see towards the parks and over Citywalk.......it is very pretty.........but now we feel incredibly tired........we just want to eat and leave.

We have to ask someone where our food is as it`s been a little longer than normal.......he says he`ll check........the poor guy eventually appeared full of apologies he was just so busy.........but our food had arrived.

The picture of Tom`s ribs didn't come out clear at all........but they were lovely. The chicken dish I had was ok. It wasn't spicy as promised and I wouldn't order it again. Of course it could be we were slightly tired but we just didn't enjoy the experience very well tonight. Being upstairs, although quiet, had zero atmosphere and I think it would be easy to forget you when you were up there.......downstairs was mobbed though.

i-5vBmwm2-XL.jpg

We paid the check and walked straight out into the very large line for the boat......RP line was the biggest line of all the boats tonight......we guessed we wouldn't get on the first. And we didn't.

There were two young girls playing with those light up balls at the end of an elastic string thing.......there was a lot of us stood and the one girl started flailing this things around.........yep, you guessed it......it hit me on the ankle bone........and it bloomin hurt!!! I yelled out hey......be careful. She looked at her mother who didn't say a word.......if that had been me I would have apologized for my child hitting someone with an object. The dad leaned over and hugged the daughter, and said don't worry...... but not a word except to tell the girl it was fine.......it wasn't their ankle bone....... A woman beside me said if it hit her she`d be mad.......but still nothing. To be honest with that, it`s easier leaving it.......but they knew I was annoyed.......it would have to be me.

We got on the boat and this was another busy boat.........but a few minutes later and we headed in to the elevators in T3........and I got a snarky sideward glance from the mother as we did........Tom laughed and said just ignore it......I did.

So we went to the room and enjoyed our desserts with a glass of strawberry and kiwi Snapple..........

Then, I barely remember falling into bed and out for the count immediately.

MONDAY 19TH MARCH.........

We again, slept like babies........I think we had been overtired last night and sometimes when you`re overtired you can`t sleep very well......but we certainly did. And today we felt like doing not very much.......we weren't tired, but just felt like mooching around.......

Went up for breakfast after we got ready and poor Andy was in but looked awful, he really wasn`t well......he was arranging to see a doctor and was doing that later. We hoped he would be fine bless him.......

We didn't keep him talking as he was struggling, but wished him well and said we would see him in a few days.

Weather did not look so great today, very cloudy and overcast.......but was supposed to be hot. 87F was forecast for us.......we thought about going to the parks since it was dull, but then decided we would have a little drive around. We adore driving in America.......we loved it immediately.....and find it easy. We drive automatics at home and have done for years, so no difference there and we very quickly got used to driving on the wrong side.......roads are generally easier to navigate......sometimes.......we love being able to turn right on red where applicable and do get as frustrated as locals when tourists don`t know this and they hold you up!!! And the signs for the exits are amazingly close to the exits......so when it says turn right......you turn right!! or you`ve missed it........but overall we love it.......

So we got some sunscreen on despite the cloud cover and headed out to the car. I told Tom he could drive today as we really didn't know where we were headed.........but we thought we`d go to Windermere.......not a whole lot there but we had heard of this wine shop that was supposed to be nice. They also have the lovely little breakfast place that is the Dixie Cream Café........it is lovely, and years since we were there.......I had a lovely milky way latte.......gorgeous!!! Really lovely little menu and they are open to mid afternoon I believe.....never been for lunch but they do serve lunch as well as breakfast all day.

It`s not far away and we come across the car park first and the wine shop is close by........right beside the café we knew. And like many places around here, I could live here.......we saw some lovely houses on the way in.......very lovely!!!

i-V46dLvF-XL.jpg

i-BT79HcK-XL.jpg

i-tgczZJj-XL.jpg

And like some small towns, they all have something rather.......different as a centerpiece.........

i-M3m44tv-XL.jpg

I really didn't know what to say about this............it was different.

We walked over to the wine shop and had a look around........they did have some lovely wines and although we generally never, ever drink French wines, this one may have appealed purely by size........Tom was glad we wouldn't be able to easily get it home when he saw the price tag.........

i-Pg55FfC-XL.jpg

But, we aren't keen on French wines as a rule.....lol.....thank goodness!!!

We wandered around a little more and then got back in the car and headed towards Winter Park. We really like it here and like soooooo many other places.....we could live here!!! It`s a beautiful little town and has some gorgeous shops and some lovely museums. We keep meaning to pop into the Tiffany Glass Museum, but never got around to it........today we just had a look in some of the shops again and wandered around the park. Didn't take any pictures for some reason.

The morning had disappeared before our eyes again.......it passes so quickly when we are here......but the weeks leading up seem to last forever........it was nearly lunchtime by now.......and we had only one place in our mind for lunch again today.......a favourite place for a few years now........4Rivers Smokehouse........

First time we came here, actually it was the one in Winter Garden I believe we first went to, we couldn't believe the line outside waiting to go in for food......we looked a little lost and a very nice young man told us how it worked........we learn quick with food!!

Today there was no such line, but it was busy and backed to the door as we went in.......

i-T64Q3v5-XL.jpg

i-BQmX3Vt-XL.jpg

The queue was so long but there was a young guy asking if he could help anyone........I told him I just wanted ribs, brisket and 2 sides......he wrote it on a tray and gave it to the guys behind the counter........Tom meanwhile was toying with the idea of having the very generous sounding Brontosaurus Beef Rib.........but he was worried it was going to be too big......right, because that's a thing when it comes to ribs!!!!! Never heard of ribs too large........the guy was so fun and talked him into it.......so what if he didn't finish it........so he ordered it along with potato salad and cornbread........

We paid and got two sodas.......the refill machine is around in the restaurant area where the tables are and you just help yourself......you can get iced water too.......I had also asked for cornbread and sweet potato casserole........

So, I got mine to take with us and Tom got a number to put on the tray to wait for his..........

We got a seat and saw it wasn't really that busy inside.......most folks were taking away or sitting outside today......we still like to eat inside......

i-MvvPBwf-XL.jpg

As I had my somewhat small dish compared to what was to come....I began to tuck in.........

i-qjTLXwM-XL.jpg

I have to say mine was lovely.......the brisket was lovely and ribs were delicious.......but the cornbread is lush!!!! Double lush!!!!! And I have to say, the sauces they have on the tables are lovely.......a little sweet and a little spicy.....perfect.

But, my meal did indeed look insignificant with what was now being brought over........

We thought this was large. Picture may not show how large.........but......we loved the look of it........and I was now envious I hadn't got it......

i-bX24PNZ-XL.jpg

But, then the guy appeared with.........another one.........we looked at him and said oh we have it.........he said no ma`am (I`m a sucker for being called ma`am in the States) the first rib we gave your husband wasn't up to our usual size standard.....so you get two........really!!

i-sbGp2kT-XL.jpg

We had two beef ribs.

i-nBXFXDK-XL.jpg

I had consigned my dish to the side and was now seeking to attentively participate in the demolition of these ribs........but, Tom at first looked rather reluctant to share.......and he shares everything with me, and will often give me his entire meal if I order something I don't like......he`s good like that :D ........but, he did cut me off some large chunks.......

Oh my goodness!!!! Juicy doesn`t begin to describe how meaty, tasty, succulent and tender this meat was........it was unbelievably good!!! And between us we did indeed demolish both of them.........

i-V6LttpK-XL.jpg

Now, that was a lunch and a half.........

I think when we come back, and we do plan to, we will both order this.....if only to see how large a single one is compared to the two "smaller" ones we got today........we were full. Although full might be an understatement........we didn't want to move and if there had been a sofa we would have lay down happily..........

Then we remembered the bakery..........:love:

i-RNqfBVz-XL.jpg

i-KBTTp3B-XL.jpg

i-7sz3M6g-XL.jpg

i-BCQCMBJ-XL.jpg

i-2HmCMgq-XL.jpg

i-75xVdGv-XL.jpg

i-Lk9WCsB-XL.jpg

Oh my days!!!!! We were full, but our eyes were being deliriously drawn towards these little, and not so little delights.

We pondered for a while.......and eventually decided to get some to take away.......we finally decided on the coconut cake......huge......and the same salted caramel slice we had last time...........it was gorgeous we loved it last year, and we can never resist anything coconut.

So, we got boxes to take away and then we waddled out to the car to head back home for I think a snooze before we could move again.......this had been a gorgeous lunch once again.......we tell so many people to come here, we should get shares!!!!

We do make it back to the hotel as Winter Park really isn't far either.....but the road is a nightmare......between the road works and the maniacs driving on them you really have to keep your wits about you.......

You do pass Orlando city and the Amway centre........one of these days we`ll go see a concert there........and we have a few places in the City itself that friends here have told us about that we must try....well, we were going to have to at some point.

I decide, even though we are only here 10 nights, I still must do some laundry........I`m a little weird this way, but it`s who I am......so Tom has a lay down while I go down to the second floor where the laundry is in T3. This one is usually quieter for some reason......and today there is no one here......I get my laundry in and head back up and try to do some emails while Tom snoozes........the wash only takes 45 minutes so soon enough I go back down and there`s still no one there..........I wouldn't like to be down here for a stay.......its just kinda dark having no windows by the elevator like the other floors have........

I take it back up and hang the stuff up to dry while Tom sleeps.

I do lay down myself and drop off for around half an hour before we both wake up and decide we need to waken up properly.......so we freshen up and go up to the lounge for a coffee........we still have no room for the cakes we brought form 4Rivers..........

Our lovely guy Samuel is up there with a couple of other staff. We mention we are going to see the parade again tonight.......he does tell us the weather doesn't look great, but hopefully it`ll stay nice for it again.

After we have our coffee and chat we head down to get changed and head out to the Studios for hopefully another evening of Mardi Gras.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter