11/06/04 Western New and Improved Official Thread!

It's so great to hear that some of you are started to head down toward the cruise. I'm just back from my business trip and have my hands so full of laundry it's unbelievable. I keep telling myself it's good practice for the day after the cruise, since I hope not to have to do laundry onboard!

We sat down and talked about the GC excursions last night, and I think DH is going to call tonight about the Shipwreck and Reef Snorkel. I think my sister is kind of disappointed now that we're headed to GC, since she was looking forward to the ruins tour. But we're going on a Disney cruise... the rest is just details.

Drive safely, everyone!

Karen,
We're leaving around noon. Sending the kids in for 1/2 day and I'll pick them up at lunch. This gives us enough time to load the car and drop our dog off at the kennel for boarding. We'll probably drive till around midnight and sleep for the night. I anticipate getting to WDW around noon-1 pm'ish on Tuesday.
I emailed Capt Marvin about 2 days ago and also got a confirmation back. In fact, we're even a "go" for a side trip to Hell and the turtle farm. I had heard rumors that the farm was hit hard, but I guess it's ok ?
CatLady,
Good luck with that laundry ! I just finished up with mine yesterday. Our suitcases are packed !
Have fun on the shipwreck excursion (we considered that one too). Hope your sister has fun despite missing the ruins. Could she do one of the ruins tours in Cozumel ? I think the Cozumel tours were a tad more expensive though ?
See you all on Saturday !
Oh.....and Happy Halloween to everyone :earsgirl: :earsboy: princess: pirate: :jester:

MiaSRN62, we thought about the ruins tour from Cozumel, but it's an all-day thing, and we actually wanted to spend some time in Cozumel itself.

Before I forget (since so many of you are getting ready to leave!) the DIS folks are meeting outside Scoops at 3, correct? I can't remember the alternate "rain" location, so I thought I should check.

Maria,

Have a safe trip!!! I am jealous. I would love to spend a few days at WDW before the cruise, but we spent a week down at Universal/ Marco Island this past January so something has to give!! Looking forward to meeting you on Saturday.

Catlady,

Before I forget (since so many of you are getting ready to leave!) the DIS folks are meeting outside Scoops at 3, correct? I can't remember the alternate "rain" location, so I thought I should check.

You are correct!! The rain location is in the Promenade Lounge at 3:00 pm.

Well I am off to do some power packing. DH took the kiddos to a Halloween Party, so I have the house to myself!!

TTFN,

Jackie

CatLady,
I can totally understand not wanting to spend a whole day with the ruins excursion---I hadn't realized that.
Scottygirl,
We haven't been to WDW in almost 18 months (normally we're every 12 months and on occasion we've gone twice in a year). We canceled our summer vacation because we were caring for my terminally ill mil. So we had our DVC points go into a "holding acct". They would have expired if we didn't use them by March '05, so we decided to add the nights on at OKW. It's a nice "splurge" vacation for us. I've been having WDW withdrawls so it'll be nice to get back.
I'm looking forward to seeing you all at Scoops (because it's not going to rain !). Safe travels to everyone.
PS: I got super lucky today. I was scheduled to work tonight and they just called me to offer me the day off "if I wanted it". Heck yeah, I said ! :smooth: :earseek: ::yes::

Originally posted by MiaSRN62
I'm looking forward to seeing you all at Scoops (because it's not going to rain !).

Weather bulletin.... You heard it here first!! No rain at 3:00! :teeth:

Lori & Jackie, we're headed to Nativeway for 9a, too! We'll have to be sure to hook up, I think I'm most paranoid about missing the excursions...

I'm off everyone ! We'll be on the road within 2 hours and in WDW by tommorrow noonish.
See ya all on Saturday :wave:

Originally posted by sjcubedofct
Lori & Jackie, we're headed to Nativeway for 9a, too! We'll have to be sure to hook up, I think I'm most paranoid about missing the excursions...
AWESOME!!! Looks like a complete DCL excursion to me!!! Maybe at the Scoops meet, we can set up a meeting time for GC. Since we have to go wait for tender tickets in Walt Disney Theatre, that might be the best spot. I think we have to be ashore by 8:45, so maybe 8AM outside Walt Disney Theatre so we can all be on the4 same tender?

Maria -

Have a GREAT and SAFE drive!!! We'll see you on Saturday!!!!

Maria,

Bon Voyage!! Ride Rockin' Roller Coaster for me!!

Sherry,

Glad to hear you are going to join us! I like that Nativeway meets you right at the pier. I wonder if we will be on the same boat? It looks like they have two boats.

I officially started packing yesterday, I feel better now. Starting anything is always the hardest part for me!! There are 5 people in our family x 2 suitcases "allowed" per person = 10 suitcases. I will be filling all of them!

TTFN,

Jackie

Originally posted by jel0511
AWESOME!!! Looks like a complete DCL excursion to me!!! Maybe at the Scoops meet, we can set up a meeting time for GC. Since we have to go wait for tender tickets in Walt Disney Theatre, that might be the best spot. I think we have to be ashore by 8:45, so maybe 8AM outside Walt Disney Theatre so we can all be on the4 same tender?

Lori,

That sounds great to me. Like my previous post said, I wonder if we will be on the same boat?

TTFN,

Jackie

I hope so!!! If not, I'll throw myself down on the dock in front of the Nativeway people and DEMAND we all get on the same boat!!!:crazy: :tongue: :crazy: :tongue: :crazy: :tongue:

Remember with a 6 YO and a 3YO I have VERY good teachers!!!!

I've followed this thread a little...........looks like you guys are going to GC.....right? We will be sailing the next Western after you guys.......Have a great sailing!!!!

Originally posted by LAMPSKIES
I've followed this thread a little...........looks like you guys are going to GC.....right? We will be sailing the next Western after you guys.......Have a great sailing!!!!
Yep, we all received a call from DCL or our TA on Friday letting us know the change to Grand Cayman. I was told that our visit is an "experiment" to see how GC responds to having cruise visitors again. It is entirely possible that it might be a bust and any following ships won't go to GC for a short time. If you check www.caymanport.com you can see what ships are scheduled to dock in Grand Cayman. As of right now, the GC government is only scheduling ships for the first two weeks of November as a test of their ability to handle passengers.

I never got a call to say we were going to GC!

It's a good thing I chat with you all or I would be in the dark!::yes::

::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers!!

Is everyone excited?:bounce: :Pinkbounc
I made lime green Mickey head pins for the family to wear at the DISmeet. :chat: In fact we may wear them to the port also! I wonder how the first ships to arrive at Grand Cayman fared? I think I will try to find some info, maybe on cruisecritics.com

TTFN,

Jackie

Here is a thread I found on cruisecritics.com that has some info on the first ships to visit Grand Cayman. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=96250

If you go to the site listed in the second post there is a picture of the two Carnival ships in port. Sounds like the people of CG are working hard to "spruce" up the place for us. Don't count on a lot of shade!!

I also had to see my timer:p

Me and kids are SO excited :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Suitcases are all packed. I just have to throw in those last minute items. Our airplane takes off at 8:30am, Thursday morning and we arrive in Florida at 7pm. First long flight for the kids.

My DS11 came down with a bad cold! Me and my DD9 are doing our best to not catch what he has. I picked him up from school this morning because he was just too miserable. He may have to miss tomorrow also, even though he's going to be missing 5 days for this trip.

I received an e-mai from Captain Marvins that they were all ready for us. I wonder if any of the sandbars where the stingrays hang out were effected.

See you all soon :wave:

Well, I think I'm going to start packing tomorrow. I have 5 loads of laundry to fold from today, something to keep me busy during the Election coverage tonight. I went to Target today and bought some odds and ends. Extention Cord, surge protector (I'm sure security will be scratching their heads on that one), over the door shoe holder, regular hanging shoe holder (I think our final shoe tally here is 16 for all), dramamine, and the usual personal items. Hopefully I can get DH to bring up the suitcases from the basement tonight, and I'll do what I can tomorrow. I've already picked out all my dinner clothes and formal stuff, as well as the kids, so I just have to gather and put it in. I just can't get motivated, I have a cold and feel lousy, so the last thing I want to do is anything, let alone start packing!! Hopefully, I'll feel better tomorrow and can get more motivited!! DS has school in the morning, so I can get everything done while he's there, that is if I fold all the laundry tonight, and DH brings up the suitcases. I won't bring them up because their in the unfinished section of the basement, with the icky spiders, I don't go there!!!!! Oh well, the thing that does keep me going is that on Saturday we'll be on the ship, but I've just got so much to do, and I have no energy to do it!!!! Hopefully, I'll get to it tomorrow, or it's down to Thursday!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter