11/06/04 Western New and Improved Official Thread!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
We're Off to WDW!!!!! Our flight leaves early tomorrow morning. I'm all packed and the suitcases are in the car. We are so excited!! My boys are having trouble falling asleep due to being so excited. I'm just doing one final load of laundry so it's all caught up before I leave.

Anyways, I hope everyone has a safe trip. We'll be cruising with Mickey real soon!

Mindy,

Have a safe trip. That flight from the west coast is a long one!

Mindy and Lori, Have you tried Airborne for colds? It is all natural and developed by a teacher to help prevent/treat colds. I have used it and it seems to work for me.

Lori, I will be finishing my packing tomorrow too. I have to take my car in for brakes and an oil change so I will be without wheels tomorrow. Since I will be "trapped" at home I will be forced to finish my packing.

Thumpery, Have a safe trip!!

Jackie - thanks for the good thoughts, I'm starting to feel better today, so I should be fine on Friday. I did start packing, and we have 6 suitcases, and I don't think we're going to have enough room for everything. I just e-mailed my husband saying that I think we might have to go buy another piece. I have an entire carry-on sized piece FILLED with shoes!!! We'll just have to see how it shakes out, and if I need another piece, I'll buy it!

Wow, I haven't posted for a week so I had some catch up reading to do.

We are all so excited here too about going to GC. My dad nad uncle are going to do some submarine excursion. I am probably not going to do excursions this trip, I am going to stay with my kids at the Mickey pool.

We are leaving on Friday night and not getting into Orland until 12:20 AM on Saturday morning!! We are going to be tired but sooo excited to get on the ship!! I am planning on being at scoops at 3:00 pm - if all goes as planned on my end with all ressie scramble, lunch and settling in!! I look forward to meeting all of you!!

Well, all of you that are leaving soon, have a happy, healthy and safe trip down to the Magic. I will hopefully see you all on Saturday!!

Enjoy!!

Lisa

:hyper: I can finally say it " I leave the day after tomoroow!!!"
This morning instead of perfume I used Coppertone for my scent. I can't even wait to go. At work everyone was like " Who smells like the Summer and the beach" of course it was me. See you all on Sat.:wave2:

Sherry and confal1,

Have a safe trip!! We will see you on Saturday!!!

TTFN,

Jackie

Originally posted by sjcubedofct
It feels great saying "We're leaving TOMORROW!!"
I can say that today!!!!! I have to go out and buy more luggage today! 3 suitcases, 1 garment bag, and 2 carry-on sized pieces aren't just cutting it for this family of 4. Off to the store once it opens.....

After 700 days of counting, it is finally here !!!
See you all on that AMAZING ship this Saturday.

I just wanted to say Bon Voyage to everyone. I won't have time to be online tomorrow before we leave. I can't wait to meet everyone at Scoops. I just checked the weather and it looks like it will be a beautiful on Saturday. I hope everyone has a safe trip.

TTFN,

Jackie

We have returned from our WDW and DCL vacation. Out of the whole trip, I only remember seeing one family on a bus from Port Orleans to Epcot that had a lime green Mickey displayed. I kept looking.

We didn't make it to the gathering on the departure Saturday. Our luggage was at our room when we got there and our daughter (who had a happy 1 year birthday celebration while at Cozumel) was very Grumpy. We tried to find her a Grumpy baby outfit, but they did not have such an outfit at WDW. She had a rough few hours when we arrived at each new place of stay (PO and the Magic)

I have to say our vacation was great except for 1 of my sisters getting sick on Tuesday, then my wife on Wednesday and then me on the last night of the cruise. :( My sister believes it was their room hostess that might have started the chain of illness. It was first thought to be something she ate till my wife got the same exact thing without eating the same items. Hope no one else experienced that.

We missed deck 10 last night. We pushed our daughter around each night till she fell asleep. She had withdrawals last night.

Now I can start planning our next Disneyland vacation!

Hope everyone had a great time!

We also just got back from that amazing vacation. This was our 4th cruise with DCL and I have to say that it was the best so far. The food was exceptional (it was MUCH better than our last cruise and that is saying a lot because it was great 2 years ago), the service was terrific, the weather could not be beat, the shows were truly wonderful but as usual Castaway Cay was the highlight of the week. It was out of this world and beyond description. What a way to end a perfect week, being in heaven with your family !!!

Hopefully everyone enjoyed the cruise as much as my family and
I did.

Howard

Arrived home on Sunday from a terrific cruise. I only got to meet a few of you at the Scoops meeting as I was a little late getting on board (we just couldn't pull ourselves away from OKW and WDW on time). I did seem to run into Jackie many times on the ship and in port and it was very nice to do the Key West jet ski excursion with her and her family, though we both agreed it was quite a physically demanding one. I was sore for a couple days after that one !
Loved the stingray snorkel excursion in GC and also the Fury catamaran in Cozumel.
We all really lucked out with great weather. Not sure when we'll be booking again as my son will be in college next year and not sure he'll even want to go. He had a fantastic time with the Stack and has already been emailing and IM'ing with friends he met on board. Hoping everyone had a great time and wishing everyone the best of luck in getting back to the routine of daily life ! I've had 2 weeks without having to cook----gonna be tough to get back to doing that !

I've had 2 weeks without having to cook----gonna be tough to get back to doing that !
I know what you mean!!! We got home Saturday afternoon, and I haven't cooked yet!! We picked up a pizza on the way home from the airport on Saturday, and went out yesterday!! Tonight is International Festival at DS's preshool tonight, so I have to cook today for that, YUCK!!!! I also had a GREAT time on the cruise, and did run into a few DIS'ers during the week, with me always seeing Jackie too!! We were on Nativeway together, and also were at Paradise Beach at the same time. It was a truly GREAT vacation, and we did book on board for the next two years, an Eastern next year and a Western in 2006. The Western is a definate, the Eastern is about at 70% probability now, so we'll most likely be going on that one too!! YIPPEE!!! And a sad welcome home to the rest of the 11/6 cruisers. When we were waiting in the airport, I kept seeing the DCL CM's meeting the 11/13 cruisers and I wanted to follow one of them back to the Magic!!!!

Let the whining commence! I don't want to be home! I don't want to be cold! I don't want to wear shoes!

Yes, we safely arrived home Saturday night also, and began the mass laundering. Sunday involved grocery shopping, 1 hour Walmart photos, and more laundry. Now, we're back to work and sharing with all the amazing time we had aboard the Magic.

This vacation so far exceeded our expectations, I'm either speechless or can't be silenced. For the last 18 months (when we booked this cruise) I've said that after this Disney Cruise, I won't have to do another, we'll seek out another cruise line. Well, long story short, we booked our next cruise on board for Eastern October 2006. And I'm totally tempted to move it up to 2005.

The kids had a great time, hubby and I relaxed, my mother in law was completely spoiled and in heaven... what an amazing trip. 2006 can't come soon enough. Looking through the photos, the blues and greens of the waters and skies, the white of the sand, it is hard to believe we were there less than a week ago.

Jackie, Lori, and all- it was great meeting you and seeing you on board. My son is still talking about the stingrays and the conch!

My only question is... how do I get the house/office/everyplace I go to stop rocking??? :) I felt every movement on ship (not sick, just aware) and also felt it at every port. And I'm still feeling it. When does the equalibrium return to normal??

Oh, and Paula and I intend to put together our modified list of what is important to do/see/bring, as we felt the lists that are circulating are out of date. Did anyone really need a bungy cord? Or clothespins? Or duct tape? Did anyone try the fruit and cheese platter and would agree with us that it wasn't anything to rave about? We don't want to bash, we just want to update the lists out there for those of us who I guess are not terribly discriminating.

Hello Fellow Cruisers!!

It was really nice meeting everyone! Back to reality. I was expecting that when I returned back from church yesterday that all the beds would be made and the house straightened up, but it wasn't!:mad: I said to DH, where is Don?;)

Sherry,

DS10 met a girl from Connecticut named Choni (sp?) By any chance was that your neice? He had so much fun in the lab and can't wait to start IM'ing his new friends.

We rebooked on board for 7/22/06 Alt Western with 2 stops at Castaway Cay and Cozumel and Costa Maya. We were able to get connecting SPH rooms!

TTFN,

Jackie

Yes, Jackie, that is my niece, Chani. Who has already spent an hour on the phone with a boy from Las Vegas- her mother is ready to strangle her! LOL, puppy love is so much fun.

My son spent some time in the labs, but enjoyed running around with Chani, too. The two of them had quite the time together...

Sherry,

I guess Chani was pretty popular! That boy from Las Vegas is Max. Drew really liked him too. What is your son's name? I need to ask Drew if he met him also.

I have had a few of those "feeling like I'm on the ship" moments also. It mostly seems to be when I have my head down. After our first cruise (which was on a much smaller boat) DH felt weird for about a month!!

I did not use duct tape, but there was a lady who was looking for some because her suitcase ripped! I had already packed mine away and put our luggage out so I couldn't help her.

TTFN,

Jackie

My son's name is Steven. He's not quite as outgoing as Chani, he spent more time on the computers than hanging out with the kids. Although they were roaming the ship quite a bit together.

A month, eh? I don't know if I can take this feeling for a MONTH!

I'm so jealous of those who have booked another cruise! I'm the one who is from the West Coast and my husband won't fly. Me and the kids are working real hard to try and find a way to talk him into going in the near future. I wanted to be one of those sitting with the booking agent on board. I'll probably have to settle on a cruise out of LA. And the Disney cruise next summer out of LA is just too soon.

My kids had a blast. My DS11 spent most of his time in the arcade and my DD9 made some really good friends to hang out with. They had so much fun staying up late with their friends.

Does anybody know the name of the song they played constantly (left foot down, right foot down, jump 2 times, now clap, clap, clap, do the cha cha ya'll)? My daughter loved that song and I want to buy it for her for Christmas.

This was my first cruise and I believe that a cruise is the all time perfect family vacation. I'm hooked! Now I have to convince my husband.

Mindy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter