11/06/04 Western New and Improved Official Thread!

lUVTOGO,

Which one is that? There are so many plazas and I can never keep track of their names! I'm sure I do though. ::yes::

Karen

Originally posted by jerry112
lUVTOGO,

Which one is that? There are so many plazas and I can never keep track of their names! I'm sure I do though. ::yes::

Karen

A&P, Barnes & Noble,Bon Ton, Applebees

Applebees is a favorite of the kids. We're always in Barnes and Nobles too. Which store do you work in?

jel0511 - We were on the same cruise back in November of 2002 :wave: .

I would be interested in a quick dis meet on the ship!! I would be happy to be able to meet all of you after chatting here.

Lisa

Originally posted by RIDISNEYLOVERS
jel0511 - We were on the same cruise back in November of 2002 :wave: .

I would be interested in a quick dis meet on the ship!! I would be happy to be able to meet all of you after chatting here.

Lisa
Hi right back at you!!!!:wave: :wave: There is another Nov6th cruiser who also was on the Nov 3rd 2002 Wonder! We're just popping up everywhere!!

Any other thoughts about excursions? Does everyone have their passports already? TYTY keeps nudging me, and I just haven't found the time to get them yet! And November will be here in no time, I know!

Catamaran racing in Key West is possible for DH and DS, and they will probably do the bottom fishing in CC again, too. Not sure what else yet. I keep changing my mind!

We'll be down to 5 months very soon! ::yes::
Karen

I received my passport a few weeks ago. I had a British passport that expired and needed to get a US passport since I became a US citizen 2 years ago. Even though passports are not required, I feel it is easier to travel with them, plus the thought of losing and replacing my naturalization certificate is SCARY! It was much easier to apply for the passport!

We are still convinced we want to do Stingray City on our own. For all of you experienced cruisers, any thoughts on which company to use? Capt Marvins, Capt Bryan's or Nativeway?

We are considering the Fury Catamaran or Paradise Beach in Cozumel.

I think we are going to do Paradise Beach in Cozumel. Then maybe after dinner if the kids want to go to the clubs, maybe we will check out Carlos & Charlies(I think that is the name) I do not think they will swim with the stingrays, so I might look into Horseback riding on the beach in Grand Cayman, or is there a tour you can take of the island?

In Key West we will probably just walk around, have a Margarita in Margaritaville.(They are the best). Watch the sunset.

Getting very excited now, it's getting close!!

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and cruising. (First cruise is this one.) My husband an I are celebrating our 15th anniversary on this cruise (om 11/11). I am so excited to go I can't stand it! :Pinkbounc

We are on the late dinner rotation. If we had kids, we would bring them. I am Renee (39) and my husband is Stephen (46). We are from LoCal (Escondido near San Diego) and have been Disneyland passholders since moving here in 1998 from Utah.

As for excusions, we are staying on the boat in Key West. We are planning on a Stingray City excursion in Grand Cayman and a Mayan ruin excursion in Cozumel. Bike riding is the plan for Castaway.

I saw a Bunco thread in here. I use to play, but our group broke up a couple years ago.

We would love to meet those on the forum. LMK when a "meet" place is established.

Looking forward to meeting all of you!
Renee (bernee)

Welcome bernee (Renee and Stephen)!

Sounds like you're heading for a fabulous anniversary. When are you arriving?

Karen from NJ

Hi Karen,

We arrive Friday. We will be at the Hyatt in Orlando that night. Since it is our first time, I am letting Disney take care of everything.

We have family in Jersey (Hampton). Are you close?

Take care,
Renee

Renee,

Hampton is about 1 hour NW of me. We're down in central NJ on the shore. I have family in Easton, PA which looks to be fairly close to Hampton, though.

On our first cruise, last year, we also preferred to let disney handle everything. This time, we'll venture out on our own.

My dad lives up in northern CA. (Eureka). He's been there for years but i've never been there yet. Someday! For now we've been bitten by the DCL bug.

Karen

Were you happy with how Disney handled everything for you (air, transfers, et al)? Did you have clear instructions as to where to go and when? The price didn't seem to much more than if I did it on my own. We are also booked for the 2/5/05 cruise (my 40th b'day (2/9) - Eastern). If it looks like I can figure it out, maybe I will cancel them booking my flights, hotel and transfers and do it on my own. If it was to the park, no problem. Since it is the cruise and I don't know anything, I think I am better off letting them take care of it for me.

Your dad lives really far from me. Hopefully, you can come out to CA to see him. We are Disneyland regulars, so if you ever make your way down here we would be happy to show you around.

Talk to you soon.
Renee

Renee,

Actually, we drove down to port canaveral from NJ. But we went through disney with all our excursions. I'm sure some of our cruise mates will be able to answer all your questions, though. Everyone here is pretty helpful.

Friends of ours will be cruising with us in Nov. and they will be booking everything separately. We will be driving down again. DH refuses to fly, and we're pretty used to the 17 hour ride by now. Done it at least 13 times.

Talk to you soon
Karen :wave:

Renee,

Welcome to our thread! We seem to have a lot in common. We are celebrating our 15th anniversary too. Our actual date is 10-7, however, we have 3 kids who are coming along with us and the 11-6 cruise worked into the school schedules better. We too are arriving on Friday night and staying at the Hyatt, although we booked air and hotel on our own. We are using DCL transfers to get to the port.

I have a very good friend who lives in San Diego (Point Loma). I am going to visit her in January hopefully. I have been out there once before and I absolutely love it!!!!!

We are still working on the DISmeet, no official plans yet, but I for one will be attending.

Hi ...My name is Tony and I will be on the Nov. 6th. Magic cruise with my family from Connecticut.
I'm 14 years old and looking to see if there are any other teens going on this cruise who want to chat so we can get to know each other before we go.

I have a AOL screen name : wildboyzz101

My email address is : tzuppe@comcast.net

hope to hear from u.

:earsboy:

Hi ScottyGirl,

You know... Point Loma is under 100 miles away from Disneyland (and it is celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2005).:D January is just before the rainy season here (the rest of the world calls it February), so you should be here at a great time. Point Loma is a great location, and it is definitely the off season so you should have a fantastic time with your friend.

Where are you flying in from? I am wondering how it works out (getting back to Orlando). I am assuming it is organized (since it is Disney after all). How does it normally work? Do you know?

This is our first "real" vacation since we have been married. We have never lived close to our family (San Francisco Bay Area), so if we are going somewhere, it is usually there. I am already booked for the Eastern 2/5 cruise for my 40th birthday. Can't wait for either trip. I am constantly thumbing through my PassPorter book. It sounds like it is pretty crazy the first few hours on board while everyone is trying to book Palo, the Spa, et al. Any suggestions?

Talk to you soon.
Renee

Renee, what a good idea to actually include your real name! Otherwise, we'd be calling each other by our screen names, and I don't know that I'd answer. My name is Sherry, but I sign everything SJ.

Zoop aka Tony, the first post of this topic has all a listing of who's coming, including ages of kids/teens. You may want to email some of the posters with teens your age. Oh, and we're from CT, also!

SJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter