12 Step Program for DISBoards

rae519

<font color=6666CC>DIS Veteran<br><font color=CC00
Okay, I admit it. I am addicted. They say that acknowledgement is the first step in overcoming an addiction......

But is there a 12 Step Program for these Boards?

HELP!

Rae

Yes there is.

Step 1: Log ON
Step 2-11 STAY ON AND CHAT ALL DAY
Step 12. GO TO BED AND BE PREPARED FOR ANOTHER DAY ON THE DISBOARDS TOMORROW.

JOANNA

HAHAHAHAHH!!!!!

I was hoping to get suggestions how to wean off - but I sure do like your idea MUCH MUCH better!

Rae

Help, I'm seeing mouse heads and jumping purple and green blobs with arms and eyes.
I think the only 12 step program available is to take a DCL, WDW, or DL vacation. That way you are in a 'happy place' and not on the boards. But watch out when you go home because it starts all over again.
So I guess there really isn't a program.

Hi my name is Nancy and I'm a Disaholic!

A 12 step program would only work if you want it to work (which I don't).:D

I never thought about it , but the only time I'm not checking out the boards are when I'm at Disney ! And if my hubby has the lap top ( need I say more ). OK I admit it I have a problem . But it is one addiction I'm willing to keep.

12 STEP PROGRAM OF RECOVERY FOR DIS BOARD ADDICTS
  1. I will have a cup of coffee in the morning and read my newspaper like I used to, before the DIS Boards.
  2. I will eat breakfast with a knife and fork and not with one hand typing a new message or reply.
  3. I will get dressed before noon and not in front of my computer.
  4. I will make an attempt to clean the house, wash clothes, plan dinner, or go to work before even thinking of the DIS Boards.
  5. I will sit down and write a letter to those unfortunate few friends and family that are DIS Board-deprived.
  6. I will call someone on the phone who I cannot contact via the Dis Boards.
  7. I will read a book...if I still remember how.
  8. I will listen to those around me and their needs and stop telling them to turn the TV down so I can hear the music on my Disney Cruise screensaver.
  9. I will not be tempted during TV commercials to check for new post.
  10. I will try and get out of the house at least once a week, if it is necessary or not, and not take my laptop to check for new post.
  11. I will remember that my bank is not forgiving if I forget to balance my checkbook because I was too busy on the DIS Boards.
  12. Last, but not least, I will remember that I must go to bed sometime ... and the DIS Boards will always be there tomorrow!
    [/list=1]

tiptoen,
I like the 12 step program.
For #7, the book could be your Passporter or Birnbaum's guide.

How does that sailaway party dance go???
Slide to the left,
slide to the right,
jump, jump

(well, there's 4 steps!):p

Originally posted by pal2pluto
How does that sailaway party dance go???
Slide to the left,
slide to the right,
jump, jump

(well, there's 4 steps!):p

Is there 2 or 3 jumps. If it's 3 then there's 5 steps - 1 step closer.

Just think...there are many, many worse things to be addicted to. This is beneficial because you gain knowledge and share it with others. It's a good addiction!!! ;)

Hmmmmm.
I just read this little tidbit and realized I am missing something big

"I will listen to those around me and their needs and stop telling them to turn the TV down so I can hear the music on my Disney Cruise screensaver."

Ah-ha.... a DCL sceen saver.... all I can say is where & how?
( I have a generic Disneyland one that will have to be replaced ASAP)
Thanks in advance.
Buggie
:eek:

LOL! You guys are so funny! I admit it, I'm Linda and I'm addicted. So is my daughter. At least I have one understanding person in the house. DH thinks we're both insane. We are!! Happily insane:crazy: :crazy: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce:

There is a thread called "Screensaver" that has the download. I have it on my computer, but turned the sound off as my computer is in my bedroom.
The thread is either on the 1st or 2nd page.

Joanna

Need help soon before I lose my job;) of course, if I didn't have a job I could spend MORE time on disboard. But then how will I pay for cruising? What to do, what to do.

Hi, my name is Sandy ... and I'm a Disaholic.

I used to be a mean, grumpy person until I found Disney. A yearly trip to the world of the mouse was all it took to chase turn this meanie into a kid again. Everything was right with the world.

But, then, I found the DIS boards. It all started innocently enough, checking the cruise line board for a few minutes after coming home from work. I found that the few minutes wasn't enough. By the time I checked in again, there were so many pages of new posts. So, I had to check in more often. I started doing it at the office. My work began to suffer, my productivity went downhill. I couldn't get enough of the boards.

It got worse when I found the Parks Game on the Theme Parks board. I had to answer those questions and when I did, I had to come up with questions of my own. I was forced to keep checking back, lest someone answered my question and was awating onfirmation and the diabolic AAQ. I couldn't sleep.

I hit rock bottom when I found the Community board and the WDW Water Drinkers Society. I had to share my thoughts on American Idol, Survivor and the dreaded Cheerleaders threads.

I now spend my days eating Mickey waffles and Mickey ice bars. I'm afraid if I don't get help soon, my next downturn will be a need to keep buying DVC points. I need help.

tiptoen -

You have me laughing so hard that I'm in tears - and I'm the comedy writer - sheesh! You could really teach me a lot!!!

Thanks for that - it was wonderful!!!

Yes, I am Rae and I'm a Disneyholic!

Rae

I am Mary Jane (aka MJ) and I too am a Disaholic!!!

My life in a nutshell is exactly what Tiptoen has described in their post.

I really need to find a full-time job, but keep making excuses so I can spend my days ignoring the housework and cooking and car pooling and throw all my time and energy to the DIS!!!

My family wants to know if I am ever coming back to them...I told them if they keep taking me on Disney Cruises then they can spend a week at a time with me!!!

I used to only read the threads that caught my eye...but now I have to read every single one from start to finish....I think my tush is getting wider from sitting so much...and that is not a good thing.

I need help but don't want it!!!

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter