12 Step Program for DISBoards

I use a timer to give myself "guidelines" on time spent here. The bad thing is being at work and being annoyed if I'm disturbed from a really interesting thread! :p

When they discovered the human genome in my mother they discovered 12 hidden mickey's in her DNA.

Hi, my name is John Andrew Miller.... and my mother is addicted to Disney

Rae,

I don't think there is any 12 Step Program that can help me at this point, I'm too far gone. LOL!!!

MJ -
How can you use THAT type language on this forum?
I can't even bring myself to think it, let alone use it - you know that 4 letter word you used.....begins with "W" and ends with "K"....

Girl, you need some shrimp to wash out that mouth of yours FAST!
(Either that or a cruise!)

Rae

O.K. I admit that I am a Disaholic too. When I'm not working the first thing I do in the morning is get a cup of tea a container of yogurt and turn my computer on so I can read the Disboards.

I admit that I book and go on cruises just so I can chat on the Disney Cruise Line Forum. I have gone to WDW so I can chat on the Parks Forum. We have become DVC owners so I can chat on the DVC Forum. I have joined Mypoints.com so I can chat on the Rewards Forum. I have done a lot of things just so I could earn 1 more posting number.

Thanks Rae for starting this thread.:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Now Rae....you are cruising two weeks before me and YOU HAD BETTER LEAVE SOME OF THAT SHRIMP FOR ME! I may not leave any for Verandah Man.....oh, alright I will because I am good Dis'er!!!

Well I have started my road to recovery, almost...this morning I did not start reading the DIS until I did two loads of laundry, baked a cake, made jello, cleaned up the kitchen and fed the dog. That is progress....now I don't feel so guilty and the family can at least say I did something other than sit on my widening tush!!

There Rae, I not only said that dirty word but I did some of it!!!!

MJ

Ok, my name is Dawn and I am a DISaholic.

It's so bad now that when I got a call at work from my DS's school to come pick him up because he was sick, I got excited because that meant I would get to go home and get on the boards. Man, is that sick or what?

Sometimes I don't tell my DH stuff that I learn on the boards because I'm embarrassed to tell him where I got the info. from. You should see the look he gives me when I say " Guess what I learned off the boards today?".

At least I know I'm not alone.

My DH loves going on the cruises and he appreciates all the information that I have learned from these boards. But he hates the days before our cruises because of all the time I spend here. Sometimes I even eat my dinner in front of my computer screen because I'm reading or writing on here.

Housework, who wants to do that when you can be chatting on the boards?:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I even eat my dinner in front of my computer screen because I'm reading or writing on here.

That's me too "Ginger"

Originally posted by rae519
Okay, I admit it. I am addicted. They say that acknowledgement is the first step in overcoming an addiction......

But is there a 12 Step Program for these Boards?

HELP!

Rae

Only 1 step needed to overcome the addiction. SAIL ON DCL. I was able to stay off the boards for the entire cruise (only got on the board the first night, when DCL were offering a free trial).

And don't subscribe to unlimited internet while on board DCL.

(holding a lit lighter...swaying slightly with tears in eyes)

Hi, my name is Dana...and I'm a DISaholic. "sniff" (wiping a tear)

I wanted to thank everyone for this intervention and showing me that I do indeed have a problem....

The first step is to admit it...the second is to accept it....and the third......

IS TO EMBRACE IT, LOVE IT AND LIVE IT!!!!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

It's my board and I'll post if I want to...la,la,la (to the melody of it's my birthday)

MJ - not only do you AIR your dirty laundry but you continue to do it - please stop using that four letter word and Ginger also -

We have banned "w..k" and "housew...k" from this forum!!!

Rae

The worst thing about this is...I had scheduled another cruise in December2003, then had to cancel because of family issues! Now I am kicking myself because I could have kept the ressie and just seen how family stuff fell (so to speak). The only relief I have is coming daily to these boards and reading the threads. But, come on people...we need more trip reports!!! How can I survive without them???:):)

Lisa
(still waiting for my third Disney cruise) (you'd think I could spell)
Oops, forgot to change my profile...I can dream can't I?

My story is kind of sad......
DH ( I used to call him Doug or sweetie...) found the boards while planning our first cruise way back in '99. I chastised him for spending so much time "on that silly computer...." I'm sorry ... it was all out of my own ignorance!!!
Upon boarding the ship for our first cruise and getting every reservation we could ever want, knowing what dining rotation to request, where to find the giant shrimp and just how the kids clubs worked... I had to admit there was "SOMETHING" going on here.....
My real awakening came when we started to plan our second cruise........
I just happeded to read, in passing, a thread my DH was reading about the spa........ I sat down....... hit a few clicks...... typed a few innocent notes...... And that was it for me... I WAS ADDICTED!!!!!!
I want you all to know that it is not all bad...... The DISboards have improved not only my DCL life but my homelife too!
** Our cruises go smoothly and I never want for anything in my well packed suitcase.
** My children ALWAYS know where to find me... No more looking all over the house for Mom! She is on the computer.
** My DH is thrilled that he can now give me that knowing "I told you so" look -- It gives him so much pleasure!!
** Calling my children DD10 and DD4 is so much simpler than remembering who is Chelsea and who is Shelby. Adding their ages shows them I am interested and keeping up with their growth.
** I am gaining work skills!! My typing is up to 3 posts a min.!!!

After all is said and done....... Are we addicted or just specially "touched in the head"?? Remember the famous line from Designing Women --- "We don't hide our crazy people here in the south. We put them out on the front porch for everyone to see!!" Hold your heads high you Crazy- Addicted-DIS Boarders!!
There is a place for us in this world -- And it is right where you sit at this moment -- AT THE BOARDS!! Well, or on the ship of course!

Question ---- Do we live on the DIS Board because we cruise? OR Do we cruise so we CAN live on the DIS BOARDS????
OK....... Discuss

Barbara
Of: Keith & co.
Formerly of: DBCS but unjustly blocked from returning to her rightful DIS VET status due to the savagery of a bad computer link up.

Barb - I am so glad you will be cruising with me in 3 weeks, we can help eachother with withdrawl symptoms!

Rae

Barbara.........:p Thanks for my good morning laugh!:jester:

Yes, it is easier to think of them as DD11 and DS3!

I too am a DISboard a holic.
I found out about the DISboard through my Passporter while planning my first Disney cruise in March. I lurked in the boards, signed up, but never really said anything. Then I did once, then twice, and before you know it I have to check the boards. Daily.
I'm hoping to go on the Wonder in October.
I was already a Disney a holic when I was laid off from my job in 2001. I had hoped to move to Florida but well the timing was not right. Now, on June 8th I am leaving Minnesota and heading to Orlando. My first purchase will be a Florida Driver's license so I can get a Florida Season pass to the House of Mouse. I'm hoping that the job thing will work out real soon, before I leave here. Luckily my parents are retired in the Orlando Area so I have a place so stay but my Dog, Katie (aka Moose), will need to remain in Minnesota til I find a home.
Oh well, if this is my addiction, it really isn't that bad. It could be worse. Must finish, the Magic will be leaving Key West in 2 minutes.

Originally posted by DMoss3377
[BHi, my name is Dana...and I'm a DISaholic. "sniff" (wiping a tear)
[/B]

1crysad.gif

I was just looking at a feature I could add to the boards that would show the total time you were online and who spends the most time online...
I smiled and thought "NO WAY!!" :)
I really don't want to know...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter