150 Club....Care to join??? Continued.

Maria, I have logged 1250 min so far this month, and most of that is not "light" cardio. :)

Right now I am exercising 5 times a week. Mon is an hour of ice hockey. Tues/Thurs 45 min kickboxing classes, which are KILLER, I think the instructor is channelling Jillian! Then, at least 2 more 30-60 min workouts a week, my choice. Sometimes a hockey game, sometimes a wog, sometimes elliptical, and then started weights as well this week.

So far I am not hungry much, and I have tons of energy throughout the day, but I do crash HARD around 10PM. Keep in mind that I get up for work around 9AM and my days tend toward the later side, so that might be more like 8PM for someone in a different situation. I am also sore, but that has more to do with my overall out of shape level before starting this regimen than anything else.

Two things though... one, the first week is TOUGH. For at least the first few days you will feel tired and cranky. Once you push through that feeling, you're golden. Two, DRINK WATER. Like minimum ot 64-96oz, and plain. You have to push that fat you are burning out of your system, otherwise it will make you feel icky.

Oh, and finally... I have had to learn to live with hunger. It is just a byproduct of weight loss and eventually you learn to get past it, distract yourself, or try different ways to thwart is and then "reward" (like, if I go do 20 min on the elliptical I can have that treat, and then a lot of the time I don't even want it).

I have been reading this free e-book that was written by a programmer, and takes a very mathematical approach to dieting. He says it better than I could:

"There is one, simple, unavoidable fact of dieting. To lose weight you have to eat less food than your body needs. Only by doing so can you cause your body to burn its reserves of fat and thereby shed excess weight. If nutrition is about meeting your body's needs, losing weight involves deliberately shortchanging those needs--in a word, starving. This isn't a pleasant or inherently healthy process, but it's better than carrying around all that extra weight. "

Of course you need to try and make that as nutritionally balanced as possible, but, to be honest, you do have to create an intake/outtake deficit in order to do anything but maintain.

Good Friday morning.

I am sorry for being MIA but it is tech week at the local high school where I help with costumes for the musical. Last dress rehersal was last night in front of local senior citizens. It went well with some glitches but the cast is ready for opening night. I things to press tonight and then there is the usual things going on before opening night. I will tell you all about it tomorrow morning when a get a chance to relax.

It has been warm down here but snow/sleet and YUCK is predicted for Sunday. My daffodils are popping up their heads. I didn't think I would see any bulbs since the new dog dug up so many last fall. It is also lighter by the time I get to work but all that will change when DST goes off next week.

Have a great day everyone.

I want to respond to everyone but it's 11 and I have to get up at 4am. I've been working a lot lately. I didn't weigh in because I forgot, but I'm pretty sure I didn't lose that last pound that would put me at my goal weight for the end of Feb. Ahhh well...just one more pound to lose next month.

I am still sick but I'm finally starting to feel better. This cough and respiratory stuff is bad stuff. It just really has left me short of breath and having problems and put me back in my couch to 5k quest (I was just about to start running when I got hit with this, now I'm back to walking a couple weeks to get back to where I was *sigh*)

Just checking in but after my early morning tomorrow I'll have a less hectic week and can make a better post.

Hi everyone! Sorry it has been a while. I am still trying to get my energy back from being sick. I still haven't been able to eat much and so when I weighted in yesterday I had lost down to 161lbs. I am happy but I am afraid that because I haven't been able to eat that when I finally can I am going to go crazy and just eat everything I see.:scared1: :eek:

Oh well guess I'll just cross that bridge when I come to it. Well I did get some news this week I am going to start working from home. I am going to be processing medical insurance claims for doctors offices. Should be interesting. I have to go to this meeting in two weeks in California so I am excited about that. I wish I was smaller but I can only dream...:rotfl:

Well congrats to those of you who are loosing the weight. Stick with it everyone we are ALL doing GREAT!!!:worship: :thumbsup2 :banana: :grouphug:

I'm here, Kat! :wave2:
I've been getting in some great workouts this week --

Sun -- Bike 30 min; Mon -- 4 mi; Tues -- 3 mi + yoga; Wed -- 4 mi, and Thurs -- 4 mi.

So, with my eating curtailed and my exercise rolling, I'm hoping for some great losses in March. :thumbsup2 February has been pretty blah, I keep losing and regaining the same pounds...

Cobrabubbles -- I hope you're feeling better, too! Wow, that bug is everywhere, isn't it? ::yes::

Looks like an excellent regimen. I applaud you for your efforts...that's great, and you have to watch out for those healthy snacks...they make you feel like you can eat more. I definitely think you will have big losses with these and you will be feeling way better in April. Just remember that you might not lose weight (on the scale) as fast because you'll be gaining muscle which is good, and you might notice it more in how your clothes fit, etc.

I'm starting to finally feel better but this has been nagging me. Everyone does have it...grah! Do yourselves all a favor and take lots of Vitamin C, because this is VERY hard to shake once you get it.

He says if he doesn't qualify for the VA loan then we're not going to try for another kind of loan. He doesn't want to take the cash out of savings to put down. So short of some divine intervention I don't think we will be getting the house. I'm pretty disappointed.

Sorry for the house, I will keep you in my prayers and hope that you get the right thing for you and your family. You know it might be a blessing in disguise even though you feel disappointed. I hope you get a miracle, but only if it's the right thing for you, you know? I'm sure good things will come your way, though. :goodvibes

So far I am not hungry much, and I have tons of energy throughout the day, but I do crash HARD around 10PM. Keep in mind that I get up for work around 9AM and my days tend toward the later side, so that might be more like 8PM for someone in a different situation. I am also sore, but that has more to do with my overall out of shape level before starting this regimen than anything else.

Two things though... one, the first week is TOUGH. For at least the first few days you will feel tired and cranky. Once you push through that feeling, you're golden. Two, DRINK WATER. Like minimum ot 64-96oz, and plain. You have to push that fat you are burning out of your system, otherwise it will make you feel icky.

Oh, and finally... I have had to learn to live with hunger. It is just a byproduct of weight loss and eventually you learn to get past it, distract yourself, or try different ways to thwart is and then "reward" (like, if I go do 20 min on the elliptical I can have that treat, and then a lot of the time I don't even want it).

Kat, you are just doing amazingly on the exercise. I agree about the water, it flushes the system and makes you feel better in so many ways, and in fact I still need to drink more water, too. The more I drink the better I do. I also agree about having to be able to get over feeling hungry. Also, it's like you just have to get in the right mindset about everything. Don't give food so much power, etc. Make other things a priority. Keep up the good work.

Hi everyone! Sorry it has been a while. I am still trying to get my energy back from being sick. I still haven't been able to eat much and so when I weighted in yesterday I had lost down to 161lbs. I am happy but I am afraid that because I haven't been able to eat that when I finally can I am going to go crazy and just eat everything I see.:scared1: :eek:

I hear you on the energy thing. Listen, I don't think you'll go crazy with eating..you'll be so happy to feel better you'll go crazy with exercising!! Feel better, soon!

Good morning everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend and are off to a good start this week. We got lots of snow here Sunday night so DD and I were snowed in yesterday. It was really exciting for her since we hadn't had a good snow here that she remembers. She had a great time playing outside. I was a little off this weekend on my calories but I haven't gained. So hopefully if I get myself on track today I can at least drop a pound this week. It's still slow going. I seem to be stalled where I am around 177/178. It was nice to see that 174 on the scale last week but it was a fluke and the 177 showed up the next day.

Anyway, I'm not going to stress this week as it's just about my ToM and I will probably see a slight gain as the week goes on.

DH decided to go ahead and put in an offer on the house. We didn't sign the paperwork until late Friday afternoon. Our agent was going to send the paperwork over right away but we didn't expect to hear anything until at least midweek. Well, the bank coutered yesterday and came down a surprising amount.

The paperwork encouraged us to "submit our counter quickly as we were close to reaching a deal" so we matched what they came down and our two offers are now about 8K apart. We're hoping to end up in the middle which will turn out to be an awesome deal on this house. The bank seems to be in a hurry to unload the house which will hopefully work in our favor. I'm optimistic that we can reach a deal by tomorrow maybe. I'm still a little stressed but feeling pretty confident that it is going to work out.

Well I hope that everyone that has been sick or feeling under the weather is feeling better this week. It's a new week and a new month. Spring is on the way. I always feel better once it starts to warm up.

Good luck on the house kt_mom...how exciting everything that has happened!

Well, the verdict on February is that I lost 6 of the 8 lbs that was my goal (I completely blame being sick for the second half of the month). I had been down 7 lbs, and fluctuated back up to 170 lbs. I've made a more aggressive goal for March and that is 10 lbs, which is .5 more lbs a week. I plan on more aggressively drinking water and much more exercise as the weather is warming up. So my goal for March 31 is 160 lbs. I know it'll be hard.

I've been stressing a lot because of my job promotion lately and I think between it and recovering it's taken up all of my free time. I am nervous because it's something unfamiliar...well, I just don't know my way around everywhere yet and I feel very unsure of myself. So I'm happy about the promotion, but I'm missing my old job until I get the hang of it, you know?

I want spring so bad, but it's really been cold...I can't wait for the spring!

Alright, good luck everyone!

Good morning ladies!

Cobrabubbles - Great job on your loss for the month! And I think your goals for March are great. Ten pounds would be awesome. But I'd be happy with the six too! I'm sure the stress you are under is not helping though. Hand in there, I'm sure that you will learn your way quickly and things will be more comfortable.

I'm wishing for spring too. It was 12 degrees here today and the high is only going to be around 40 which is only a little warmer than yesterday. It is unseasonably cold for this area this time of year. We're supposed to get a warm up this weekend and I hope it sticks around.

DD has her birthday party on Saturday. I finally had 2 people call yesterday to say they were coming. Thank goodness. DD was getting nervous that no one was coming. I actually had one mom call over the weekend to say her son couldn't come. I was floored and thanked her for taking the time to let us know. So many people don't RSVP at all anymore, but especially if they are not coming. It's such a pain to not have any idea who is coming and who's not. I really hope a couple more kids come. DD just went to a party last month for another little girl in her class and she had about 10 or 12 kids from the class come. DD has already been feeling left out and stuff at school and this would just make it worse.

Anyway, no word on the house yet. Hopefully today. I'll be glad when we know and things get back on track. I haven't been doing terrible on my eating but not really good either. And the TM is a distant memory right now. Although I did clean the house all day on Monday. I just have so much on my mind it's hard to focus on my "diet" but I'm finding that I miss the structure. I need to get back on track.

Work is going a little better now, but I don't think I've done much toward my goal this week weight wise, but I also think TOM is coming...so I am not stressing. I will weigh in tomorrow and see.

Good luck on your daughter's party on Saturday. Being young is so tough at times, and I hope everything is great :goodvibes

Where is everyone else? Hope all is good with everyone and you are sticking to your goals...:thumbsup2

Hello Ladies!

Today is the first day this week I didn't get up and work out at 5 am -- I'm hoping to still get it in when I get home tonight. I can definitely tell my pants are looser. I'm not seeing the losses I would hope for, but the scale is moving downward. :woohoo:

Cobrabubbles -- TOM can make a huge difference, so you have the right attitude :thumbsup2

ktmom -- Brrr! Today is our first day in 4 at over 32 degrees, and it feels like a heat wave. I hope you have a great turnout for the party. You are right about the RSVP's this is the first year we scaled back ds to a sleepover, and I'm so glad. It was much less stressful. :goodvibes

Belle -- I hope you enjoy your new job! I hope you're feeling better :cutie:

Dona -- Are you dreading DST as much as I am? I always have a really hard time with it. :confused3

Kat -- You have wise words, my friend. It was a real revelation to me that it's ok to be hungry. It's uncomfortable, but it's not unbearable. And, once you get used to less food, it's all right. :)

I think I've decided I'm carb-sensitive. Since I've stopped eating cookies, candy and treats, I don't have the gnawing hunger pangs, and I did feel like I was going through withdrawal (or what I imagine it feels like), when I stopped. Turns out Lent is good for my waistline ;)

Everyone keep having an awesome week!
Maria :upsidedow

Good Morning everyone. Sorry I have not been here Last weekend I was working on a show that will have its last 3 performances this weekend and then on Sunday we have to make sure that costumes are all together. Then we had snow on Sunday/Monday and that threw the schools in jersey into a panic because statewide testing of juniors is this week. Tuesday's test got pushed back to today and it has been a mess around here. I never know what classes I am going to have until they announce the final schedule.:confused3 You would think after all these years of doing this they would get it right.

Spring is coming ladies. Supposed to be 60 here today. Unfortunately they are talking about a sea breeze at my house and that could lower the temps 10 to 15 degrees. Still nice to talk about spring.

Maria I don't usually feel DST until the next day. Unfortunately I have a long day that day and won't get home until 5:30 so I may just fall asleep cooking dinner.

kt good luck on the house.

Cora congrats on the great Feb,.

Belle good luck on the jpb. My sister did that for a while.

Kat any good hockey weekends coming up? After how much you lost after the last one I would think you would one of those types of weekend every month.

Have a great day everyone. I am going to pick up ds2 from college tonight. He is coming in from a trip and won't be back at the college until 8 or later. Then the 1 1/2 hour ride home. He wants to come home to see the show I have been working on. This is the first year in 5 that he is not working with me on it. I have missed him (so has the set designer ds2 was his right hand man for the last couple of years.)

Good morning everyone! I was pleasantly surprised to see a small loss this morning. Especially since my TM is a distant memory at this point and ToM is coming up. I weighed in at 176.4 so it was a small loss but better than nothing. DD's party and that Coldstone Creamery cake this weekend will probably set me back some but I'm going to enjoy the day with her and not worry about.

The bank accepted our second offer on Wednesday and we signed the paperwork last night. It's not official until the bank signs it but I'm confident that all will be well. We are getting an amazing deal on this house. I'm so excited. We should close the first week of April and our mortgage guy got us some deal that we don't have to pay all that interest for the whole month so that will be great. Lots to do that will keep me busy for the next few weeks. Then once we close we are staying in our rental house for a few more weeks so we can get in the new house and paint and recarpet DD's room and do a few other cosmetic things. It will be nice to have that extra time to start moving stuff as well. We have moved 2 times in the last three years and had to rush both times. So it will be nice to do it this way.

I hope everyone is having a good week. Spring is on the way. They are calling for temps in the 70's here tomorrow so I'm excited. I hope to get to grill out and spend some time outside tomorrow evening and maybe Sunday too!

ETA ~ Dona have a great time with your DS and I hope everything goes great with your show this weekend!

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been on in a little while but I have been sick and then I gave the bug back to my DD and so I have been taking care of her. She had to be put in the hospital for two days because she wasn't eating and couldn't keep anything down. She came home yesterday and is feeling better. It has been a rough couple of weeks.

I did weigh today and I was at 163lbs. I think it is the stress or the fact I have been running back and forth to the hospital and not eating very much. I am so tired and ready for the normal to return to our life. Having a sick baby is so hard on your body and your heart!

Well I hope everyone is doing well.

Kt_mom: congrats on the house! It will be nice to have the extra time to move! :banana: :yay:

Jennie,
I am new here but read your post.I have the same issue- same 2-5 lbs.I ran the WDW full marathon this year and with all the training never lost more than that- how frusrating!
I weigh 164.6- yes every oz. counts.I will be doing the 1/2 next year hopefully weighing less.

Linda

Hi! My name is Jennie and I want to be in the 150's so bad!!

I'm a SAHM to DD6 and DD3. I lost 25lbs doing WW last year and then just got stuck. I stopped at 165 and then went up and down 2 to 5 lbs for 4months before I stopped paying for WW and meetings. I managed to lose 6lbs on my own hitting 159 for like a day. And now I'm back up to 165 and bouncing around the same 2 to 5 lbs. I also did the WDW 1/2 marathon. Maria did we meet??:confused3 And i had hoped that all the walking would help me lose but I haven't.

I'm feeling very confused and unsure on what the best approach is for me. A few weeks ago I decided to count calories and had a hard time staying under 1800 each day. But I did it for about 8 days. I'm on average exercising 3 to 4 days a week. I have an elliptical and dumbells. I can't wait for warmer weather to get back outside!

I'm glad to be part of a group! I was on the WW thread when I was doing WW but I felt funny being on there and not on the program.

Hope everyone's weekend went well!:hug:

Hi everyone,
I am new to this thread but starting reading and it seems like alot of us have the same weight issues in common.

I weigh 164.6 and even though I had trained and ran the full marathon at WDW this year never lost more than 5 lbs.

I started to count my calories this week which I never did before- never had to really.Oh once you hit 40 it is a whole new ballgame!!!!!!!!!

I would love to stay connected and motivated with a group like this.I am currently doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred right now- OMG! Awesome! I am also walking and running- well running after the pain is gone from Jillian!HA!HA!

50-60 degrees this weekend! It is about time!

Have a great day everyone.

Linda

Good morning ladies! I hope everyone had a good weekend. It was beautiful here this weekend. I think the warm temps are supposed to hold up for a few days but it looks like next weekend is going to be back in the 40's. Yuck. I was so hoping the warm weather was here to stay. It was so nice to grill out yesterday with friends and the kids could play outside and we could relax on the deck and enjoy the evening.

Anyway, DD's birthday went great and she had a lot of fun so that was a relief. On the other hand, we went to another party after hers and they had a Coldstone cake too and it's just too hard to resist. So I did horrible this weekend and probably gained at least a pound. So I need to get back in gear this week. I've been doing terrible with the water and TM too so I'm feeling kind of crappy. I know if I got back on schedule I'd feel so much better. I'm committing to myself right now that I will do my TM tonight whether I feel like it or not. And as soon as I finish this diet coke it's water for the rest of the day!

How is everyone else doing? I hope your weekends were great and you're off to a good start this week!

Good morning everyone! The last time I posted my scale was stuck, and I'm happy to report that the scale was not indeed broken at that number and has finally traveled below 175. I even got a glimpse at 169 this morning, so I'm going to focus on trying to banish the 170's permanently as my goal for the rest of the week. Thanks so much for the encouragement of everyone here. It really makes a difference to have support.

To all who were sick, I hope you're better, and to those who are having warmer weather, I'm soo jealous! Hope everyone has a good week.

I know the feeling this scale finally moved too- 162! I can't tell you how long it has been sine it moved even a lb.!!!!

Linda

Hi Ladies!

I'm slowly plugging along, losing a pound here and there. I need to rededicate myself to the exercise, this has not been a good week so far. I am just so tired -- I can't seem to recover from Daylight Savings, although my dh is convinced it's all in my head. I'm really hoping that after this weekend I will be back to my energetic self. :goodvibes

It sounds like most of you are in the same range, and so close to the 150s! I can't say that, frankly that seems like a dream from where I am. :confused3 I am glad everyone is doing so well. Keep it up, and you will get there! :thumbsup2

Maybe I should start a 199 Club, because I bet there are a ton of people like me -- I know once I get there, I can make it the rest of the way. It's just getting there that seems to be impossible...:eek:

Maria :upsidedow

Maria, the 150s seems far away to me too. It was so close, last year, and I let it all slip away.

It seems that everytime I get on a roll, life throws something at me. This week I was all set, had a ton of good-for-me food lying around, exercise program all laid out...

Please forgive me for being selfish here, but about to rant a bit.

Mon afternoon we got word that husband's mom was in the hospital about to have major emergency kidney surgery, so we wound up having to go to a city about 2 hours east and spent the last 2 days there. MIL is fine, recovering from the surgery, and will make a full recovery, so that part is great. But the stress got to us, and we ate our way through it.

I wish I could get to a point in my lifestyle where curveballs didn't make me turn to food...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter