• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

150 Club....Care to join??? Continued.

Hi Ladies!

I'm slowly plugging along, losing a pound here and there. I need to rededicate myself to the exercise, this has not been a good week so far. I am just so tired -- I can't seem to recover from Daylight Savings, although my dh is convinced it's all in my head. I'm really hoping that after this weekend I will be back to my energetic self. :goodvibes

It sounds like most of you are in the same range, and so close to the 150s! I can't say that, frankly that seems like a dream from where I am. :confused3 I am glad everyone is doing so well. Keep it up, and you will get there! :thumbsup2

Maybe I should start a 199 Club, because I bet there are a ton of people like me -- I know once I get there, I can make it the rest of the way. It's just getting there that seems to be impossible...:eek:

Maria :upsidedow

I know where you are coming from. I am no where near 150 that some of these ladies are. I too would be the first to join the 199 club.

I too am having a hard time working out this week. I had such a checklist of things to do from last Friday till today it is a wonder that I am still standing. I did get to relax last night and today has been better. I think with all that I did it did not help that DST came this weekend.

Maria, the 150s seems far away to me too. It was so close, last year, and I let it all slip away.

It seems that everytime I get on a roll, life throws something at me. This week I was all set, had a ton of good-for-me food lying around, exercise program all laid out...

Please forgive me for being selfish here, but about to rant a bit.

Mon afternoon we got word that husband's mom was in the hospital about to have major emergency kidney surgery, so we wound up having to go to a city about 2 hours east and spent the last 2 days there. MIL is fine, recovering from the surgery, and will make a full recovery, so that part is great. But the stress got to us, and we ate our way through it.

I wish I could get to a point in my lifestyle where curveballs didn't make me turn to food...

Kat :hug: :hug: you need a big hug. PLease don't beat yourself up. Everyone of us would do the same thing as you did. I am glad to hear that MIL will be okay.

Have a great evening everyone. I plan to eat dinner and just relax. Dh is going out and I don't know what ds is going to do but I am going to put my feet up.

Hi everyone! :wave: I've been lurking here for awhile and am hoping to join in. I am determined to get under the 150 mark!

A few years back I dedicated myself to eating healthy and manged to lose a bit over 50 lbs just by changing my eating habits. I got down to about 175 or so from about 240. (At least that's the highest I know I got. I'm pretty sure it was up even higher at one point). Just about when I hit 175 I lost my job and my new habits started disintegrating. I didn't realize how much I was relying on the structure to keep me on track. I wasn't out of work for more than about 2 months, but I have been unable to get back on track again. I also was having problems adapting to a much smaller budget and had to cut back on the amount to fresh fruits and veggies due to the cost. Slowly the weight has been inching back up.

After the holidays I was in a state of utter disgust with myself. I couldn't fit into my pants from the prior winter and I felt horribly uncomfortable in my own skin. In Feb. I finally decieded that I needed to scrape together the money each month to join the gym as no matter how much I try I am horrible about working out on my own. So far so good. I'm getting in aprox. 4-5 workouts at the gym a week and have actually found one class in particular that I adore. (So much so that I'll wake up at 5am the day before to reserve my spot). I've lost about 12 lbs so far. I'm still a bit over 200 so I have awhile to go before I'm down to the 150 mark.

Can't wait to follow along with everyone else to get down to 150!

If U Had Wings, congratulations on getting back on the right track. That's the hardest part for me, so you've jumped a major hurdle. It's really helpful to find a class you like, too, so you're really on your way!

I'm doing my same old, same old, plugging away. The cool thing this week is that my teenage daughter (who is a little overweight) got motivated to start going with us to the Y, and she's lost a couple of pounds. She's thrilled. The eating right part is not a great big challenge for her, as she loves vegetables and food that is actually good for her, but the exercising is something that she resists. I just want her to be healthy, you know, and I know she needs to learn that a little exercise in life is a good thing.

Good luck to everyone for the rest of the week.

I am posting again to keep myself accountable. I was doing soooo well and lost 5 lbs in the month of January and then slipped off the wagon hard and was barely losing. My original goal for this year was to be down to 145 by my birthday, which is April 5. That's not going to happen. I started around 162, and am currently 152ish. So my new super short term goal is I just want to see 149 on the scale by my birthday. So that's losing 3 lbs in 2 weeks. It doesn't even have to be that I am REALLY 149, if it's first thing in the morning-butt naked-and the scale says 149.8 that counts too!!!

I am still trying to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, even though my youngest is 5. I will be back to 132, I will!!! I just have to get back on that "watching calories' horse, I have been sooo bad at that lately.

I'm feeling a bit down and discouraged this morning. I overslept by a half hour this morning and when I went to call my gym my favorite exercise class was already filled. Then when I did my weekly weigh in I found I had gained a pound. I wanted to start crying and hop back into bed.

I hate that I found an exercise that I adore and it would be easier to get front row tickets to a Hannah Montana concert than to get into the class.

Seriously I am so ready to just crawl back into bed.

Good morning ladies!

I've been so busy and all over the place the last few weeks I haven't posted.
I'm still fluctuating around 174-176. I'd love to get a steady 174 because then I would be down 10 pounds. Unfortunately my TM is still a distant memory at this point. It's not just that I've been really busy but I've been distracted. The good thing is I've also been distracted from snacking so I think that's helping me not put on pounds and even brought me down a little.

I'd like to be down another 10 pounds by summer but we'll see. We are going to be closing on the house next week and then painting and cleaning and moving over the next few weeks after that. Hopefully all the extra movement will help since I know I won't get in any time on the TM until things calm down.

Good luck everyone!

Hey everyone....sorry I've been MIA. I have been so stressed about immigration stuff and my new job that I've not been trying :guilty: Honestly, the last 2 Fridays I've been afraid to weigh myself because I've been doing so bad with food, and I'm just stressed and don't care about weight loss...you know? Does anyone get like this at times? I want to lose weight, but at the same time I'm just wanting comfort foods and stuff.

Anyway, I finally braved the scale today and I'm at 170 still...so that's good. Now I'm re-determined to lose weight. By the end of April I wanna be at 160 or at most 162. I went for a walk today and will go do the first day of training for my 5K today.

I hope everyone's doing better than me...sorry for the absence...

I thought I'd just post and bring this thread back to the first page. For once I'm posting not because I've gotten stuck (again!), but because things have been going well for me, diet and exercise-wise. I've gotten a glimpse of the 150's, and I'm hovering around 160 now. It's been a long hard journey, and I'm far from being done, but it feels good to get to this point. I'm hoping to get to my goal by my birthday in June, and I'm starting to believe I'll make it. I have to admit that shopping for all of the Easter candy made me a little sad, because I'm going to have to try to avoid most of it and I don't know how I'll do, but I'm hoping that seeing encouraging numbers on the scale will help me stay mostly on track. I'm hoping that all of us come through the next week and months with our goals still intact. Happy Easter everyone! I'd love to hear how everyone's doing, good and bad.

Just wanted to add a quick "Hi!". This weekend is full out for me, and it started yesterday afternoon when ds had early dismissal for Holy Thursday -- and no school today.

Anyway, I'm doing o.k. -- some weeks better than others. I'm still hoping to see a loss this week, but it could go either way. I'm flirting with being under 210, and I'm really hoping to stay there. For some reason every time I get here I freeze and eat a bunch of crap. I psych myself out. If I figured out why, I'd probably drop the weight like it was nothing...

Anyway, Blessed Passover and Happy Easter to Everyone!

Ok, I'm going to give this one more try before I officially consider this thread dead. It's been plugging along for a very long time now, and perhaps it's time has passed...

I've been working out hard but hardly losing. I am changing my strategy to less strenuous and more frequent workouts, and focusing on what goes in my mouth. I have a hard time doing both simultaneously, so I'm going to let myself be less worn out and see if that increases my ability to be aware of my eating. I'm planning and tracking my food, and things look good so far -- of course, I haven't hit the normal walls yet, so this may still be an evolving strategy. I am determined to persevere until I find one that will work for my on an ongoing basis!

Is this thread for people who want to weigh 150?

If so, I want in. I'm currently at 174 (lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks!)

Hi, Maria! I'm Amy.

I'm 25 and 5'5.5" tall. I started at the heaviest I've ever been, after gaining 20 or so this fall and winter from stress eating.

At 210ish and 5'4", I'm also at my heaviest -- except when I was pregnant! I have a long way to go, but I am trying something new to get going -- more, shorter workouts, and keeping track of every little thing I eat. I can't believe how much I usually eat without paying attention!

I'm almost 41, my dh and I have a ds11, and I work full-time. I've done the Disney Half Marathon the past two years, and I'm registered again in 2010. Food is definitely my downfall. Even when you train for a half marathon, sadly you can't eat everything you want.

Hey ladies! Sorry to have been silent for so long. We closed on the house in the beginning of April and have been so busy painting and cleaning and moving and everything I haven't even thought about dieting or working out. Luckily though all that made me naturally more active and less time to think about snacking and stuff and I'm down to about 172. I couldn't believe it. I thought for sure I would have gained a bit from all the fast food, but I haven't.

We are still very busy and evenings after work are mostly spent unpacking and trying to get the house organized. Hopefully I will be able to get back into a routine in a few weeks.

Hi Maria! :wave:

I'm here. Rather than being at the low point of 159 that I was last summer, I am hovering around 180 or so, which isn't really what I want, but I haven't gotten back up to the 220 I started at which is good I guess.

The last two weeks have been crazy busy, with my parents visiting and then I went to NJ to see a friend from a different thread (we all met up in WDW in Dec).

She and I ran a Komen 5K, which I finished in about 43. Not great but not bad considering I didn't train at all (other than doing week 3 of c25k like a month ago), and I am not a runner.

Here are pics if you are interested: http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm130/katcanes77/tripreport/

We are smack in the middle of NHL playoffs around here, so my recommit date is the day after the 'Canes lose. :)

Maria, I think you are spot on with the food thing. Anecdotally I have seen many friends lose with dietary changes and no exercise, and none lose with exercise and no dietary changes. If I had to choose one or the other, I would choose the diet part to focus on. I wish it were otherwise, because I don't mind the exercise!

I think that once I reach my goal weight, I can do more with exercise as a maintenance tool, but that I will always have to monitor what I eat to some regard or I will be right back where I started.

Hey Everybody!

I am so happy to report after a week of focusing on the food, I can report a loss of 3.4 lbs! This is huge for me, and I'm so excited :woohoo: That means 3 days in a row of weights under 210, so I officially own it now! I'm really psyched to keep going since I haven't sabotaged myself yet. I'm really looking forward to being under 205, so here I come!

So great to hear from Kat and KTmom!

I'm usually better at getting exercise in than eating well. I'm limiting myself to 1600-1800 or so cal. a day now, which is a lot less than I usually eat. I'll moderate that some once a few more pounds are lost.

Speaking of lost pounds, I saw 171 on the scale today.

Good morning! We had a busy but good weekend. I actually saw the scale as low as 170.6 on Sunday but this morning it was back around 173. It's strange the way it fluctuates. I know I ate too much yesterday though. We watched a movie last night with DD and kind of sat around and snacked. I'm hoping that by being careful this week I can get at a steady 170 which would be awesome!

Still no time for excercise yet but I'm moving a lot more just with the work I'm doing around the house. I agree about the food though. I've never been able to lose with excercise alone. I've always had to have a change in my eating habits.

Hey Everyone!

Another WW milestone for me -- when I inputed my new weight, I had to recalculate my points. I get 2 less per day, so I guess it's working!

KTmom and redlight -- it sounds like you both have eating plans that are working! And you're both in the same weight range -- really, really close to the 150s! :yay:

And Carpenters, you are so very close! My birthday is also in June (8), and my goal is to be under 200 by then. I know I can do it if I don't sabotage myself. I haven't been under 200 in several years, so this will be a major accomplishment. When I make it, I'm buying a new outfit. I don't know what kind, but I know I'm buying something I couldn't fit into before! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter