Right, let's see if I can do this with less editing than my trip report!

Here's a pic of the tower of cupcakes
Wedding8.jpg

The cake stand is a 7 tier one with clear perspex discs, and can be adapted to have less tiers. I bought it on ebay for about £35.
My sis had the colours you see on the icing as her colours, and I decided mixing them up would look better. Actually as I was setting them out the caterer advised me to put the dark chocolate ones to the back because they wouldn't look so good in the photos at the front, and he was right.
My sis is not at all traditional and didn't want everything the same which is why I tried to have a big mix of cupcakes. They were very popular and created quite a stir - in fact 2 of her friends have tried to commission me to make their wedding cakes but I'm too far away so said no. I don't mean to boast - they were very easy and anyone could make them, but my point is that they do look stunning with not much effort.
The cupcakes were frozen (the silver cases I bought in a cake shop freeze with no deterioration) and then I took them out the morning before the wedding and swirled them with butter icing (make it and colour it up to a week before), put the decorations on and packed them all up to take them down to London.
Here's a close up of some cakes
Wedding7.jpg

Here's the cookies I made as the favours:
Wedding2.jpg

I wrapped 2 little heart cookies in butcher's wrap and tied it with ribbon, then put it in little Japanese mini cake boxes I got from ebay which were perfect for her vintage theme and colours:
Wedding3.jpg

FAB cupcakes!!! You'll make a fortune if you sell the cakes for parties and weddings...

Well done!

Where did you get the sugar flowers btw? They're gorgeous!

Bob xoxox

I got some from ebay, some from Jane Asher website (the big pink round rose ones are reasonably priced because they're just made from wafer, and they look good), and the chocolate ones are from Thorntons. I would say set up a good encompassing search on ebay to email you when new ones come in, because you can buy them early, they should have a good long shelf life of a year or so.

My OH's sister had a cupcake tower as her wedding cake, all pink and white, and the bottom tier was pink and whiste sweeties, inlcuind 'jsut married' love hearts.

It was perfect for her as she doesn't like cake that much but loves sweets. So don't feel like you're tied to cake. And you could take a little swet without feeling like you'd disturbed the prettiness of the cake arrangements!

I always fancied a big ice cream or maybe arctic roll!

I also always wonder about the logistics of keeping it from melting....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter