• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 Castles, 2 Send out 2011 & Ring in 2012...12 Days of Christmas

Thats me :cool2: Message me on FB and ill help you with the figuring out bits :cutie:

I think I have it figured out...I sure hope being the last person I do not screw up the entire photoshare...:scared1:

I notice you have a Wyatt in your family...youngest was going to be Wyatt (after Wyatt Earp) but instead we went with a family name and Wyatt is his middle name. I love the name Wyatt, kinda wishing we would have gone ahead and done Wyatt.

Dinner & a Movie Night
April 1, 2011
Princess & the Frog
Menu: Shrimp Po'Boys (perfect Lenten Friday Meal), Coleslaw, Fries, Beignets, and Prince Naveen Sherbet Frogs

Activity: Made Beignets and Prince Naveen Sherbet Frogs, along with looking at pictures of POR Resort

Princess & the Frog
pandfrogtitle.jpg

Dinner
pandfrogdinner.jpg

Making Beignets
pandfrogmakingben.jpg

Beignets

pandfrogben2.jpg

pandfrogprince.jpg

I have the itch to plan something or do some research for the Universal castle part of our 2 Castles trip...Universal is a lot easier to plan because there are no ADRs to think about.

Historic Park Hours for December 25-December 30
Universal Studios: 8 am to 10 pm (all week)
Islands of Adventure: 8 am* to 12 pm (all week)

*Since we are staying on site, that would make early entry into the WWOHP at 7 am...(yikes, that makes it 6 am at home, but I know we will have to this in order to get everything done with Harry and ENJOY the experience)

I doubt there will be a lot of difference in the opening and closing times..which really do not effect our plans to I am giving myself the green light to plan away on a touring plan.

My plan is to fly out Christmas afternoon to Orlando, but being held hostage by Southwest's flight schedule until May 26 this could change, until Monday (although I am sure it will be cheaper to fly out on Christmas Day rather than the next day).

I know that we cannot fly out Christmas morning...because MIL would have a huge fit. She already hates that we are not at her house the crack of dawn to do Christmas morning with her (Background Info: We live 1 block from my in-laws). When dh and I had dd, I put my foot down with both my family and dh family...my children would wake up Christmas morning in their own house (with my family who lives 9 hours away, this is fine with them...but MIL is usually calling us bright and early wanting to know when we are coming down):headache:. I like to let the kids get up when they want Christmas morning (bearing in mind that we have done Midnight mass just hours earlier) and empty their stockings. Then we open Santa's presents:santa:, get dressed and have breakfast. Then they open the remaing gifts under the tree: 3 each...remaining 2 gifts of the three wise men (gift of fun and gift of education, they opened the gift of clothing the night before-which is always new pjs) and a present from siblings. I like to take present opening nice and slow, one at a time...I hate chaos and wrapping paper flying with no time to see what each person got and no appreciation for the gifts...just on to the next one. It works well in our house. Then we clean up, play with gifts and head to in laws for the chaos. Now what about my family? We usually head to Colorado sometime after Christmas and usually ring in the new year with them. They already know that we will have to plan Christmas at another time this year...not happy with me, but who cares...I feel like I am always working around my middle sister's family and their schedule so it is time I be selfish.:laughing:

I am crossing my fingers for a mid afternoon flight that would get us in early evening...time to unpack and unwind from the excitement of the surprise gift (this with be both ds#1 and ds#2's first flight). Maybe check out the pool (although the idea of swimming in December is still hard to wrap my head around), find something to eat at City Walk, and then to bed early so we can see our first castle bright and early the next morning...HOGWARTS! But there is a chance that the flight will be a late one...then it will be find something to eat ASAP and get to bed.

On Monday-Thursday we will spend taking in Universal to its fullest, with one day a side trip to Discovery Cove.

Overview of 1st Castle Part of Trip...HOGWARTS​

December 25 (Sunday): Arrival Day
Fly Out: Early to Mid Afternoon
Arrive RPR: Early Evening...swim, unpack, eat, bed

December 26 (Monday): Islands of Adventure
5:30 am In line for Early Entry
*Breakfast snacks in room/in line
*Early Lunch @ 3 Broom Sticks
*Dinner @ Mythos

December 27 (Tuesday): IOA, then USO
*5:30 am In line for Early Entry (depends on how much kids want to do again)
*9:00 am Grinch Character Breakfast
*Dinner @ Bubba Gumps or Jimmy Buffet on City Walk

December 28 (Wednesday): Discovery Cove, then USO/IOA?
*Breakfast & Lunch @ Discovery Cove (part of package)
*Dinner Gumps, Buffet, or NASCAR
*Hit parks if anyone wants to

December 29 (Thursday): IOA/USO, then Disney...DHS or Epcot
*5:30 am In line for Early Entry (depends on how much kids want to do again), redo anything before leaving
*Lunch...Snack Around Word in Epcot or Early F! @ Mama Melrose
*Dinner...Processional Package-Tep Eddo/Le Cellier or Snack at DHS

December 30 (Friday): WDW...DHS or Epcot
*Leave RPR by 8:00, check into BWV...Breakfast 1900 Park, Kona, or BW Bakery

You are probably wondering why I am putting some WDW things into our Hogwart's part of the trip...well, I love the RPR at USO and the longer you stay the cheaper the room and the room is cheaper than WDW (bearing in mind we are stayin at the BWV and would have to do a split stay for a day or so before checking into BWV). Also, I am trying to be flexible for the the WDW portion...I want to do the Candlelight Processional at Epcot (which ends the 30th, so I am giving myself 2 days/6 chances to see it) and I also want to do F! and then have a day at DHS that does not have F!...my thinking is get F! over while the huge Christmas crowds are there and enjoy the park on a non F! day after New Years when most of the crowds have died down.

Please feel free to give me any feedback or suggestions...

Your plans look awesome! We have not done USO in 7 or 8 years... someday I might have to.

I hope the flight schedule works out for you! I know I am sitting waiting popcorn:: Kinda driving me nuts.. I have never planned a trip this far in advance. Between the flight and the park hours... I am going crazy. :upsidedow

As always, your movie night sounds like a great one! Good choice on the Lenten meal. :thumbsup2 I myself have such a hard time... lets just say I have a freezer full of fish sticks. :rolleyes1 Turns out though... my dh has a corn allergy and so the breading sets him off. So last night, we had veggie burgers. It was a nice change. However...now... I have this freezer full of fish sticks. :confused3 Guess I will just have to feed it to the kids when dh is not around. ;)

I am still in the planning mood this afternoon after cleaning, laundry, and grocery shopping...dh took the boys, Jake and Cami to the lake to go fishing with some friends. DD of course is in her room reading...we had to go get more books at the library today, what a problem to have. So I am tinkering around with touring plans...

Since we are staying at the Royal Pacific Resort (RPR) we will have the EXPRESS pass on our ticket along with early entry into Wizarding World of Harry Potter (WWOHP)...which is 1 hour before opening. With that being said, the experience that I had last summer with the EXPRESS and early entry is you can do the entire park in a day and still have time left over. I am not sure how summer crowds (I went opening weekend of WWOHP) and Christmas crowds compare. I read somewhere that Christmas is Universal Studios-Orlando (USO) busiest time of the year, so I am expecting crowds, giving ourself plenty of days at the 2 parks and having a touring plan!

Day 1
December 26
Islands of Adventure

6:30 am Arrive at gates for Early Entry into WWofHP at 7:00 am

7:00 am WWOHP

*Olivander’s Wand shop: Pick up a butter beer from outside cart wait in line
*Tour Owl Post & Owlery/Dervish & Banges
*Ride Forbidden Journey (So praying that Goo is 48 inches by the trip...or we are going to have issues in this line when it comes to ride)
*Tour Filch’s Emporium of Confiscated Goods
*Ride Flight of Hippogriff
*Tour Honeydukes & Zonkos Joke Shops
*Ride both sides of Dragon Challenge (Child swap with Goo)
*Eat lunch at 3 Broomsticks...making sure we get a frozen Butterbeer with lunch
*Pick Up another butterbeer upon leaving!

Notes:
- Allow kids to take pictures of anything in the shops they are interested in purchasing (caption with location and cost) last day purchases.
-Check schedule for Triwizard Spirit Rally & Frog Choir times

The Lost Continent
* See/Tour Poseidon’s Fury

Note:
-Stop in at Mytho's, check menu and make reservations for dinner if family likes menu (I loved the crab sliders last summer...and the atmosphere is amazing. Use www.opentable.com or call 407-224-4012.

Seuss Landing
*Ride High the Sky Seuss Trolley Train
*Ride Caro-Seuss-el
*Ride One Fish, Two Fish...kids only
*Ride The Cat in the Hat

Note:
-Check Times for Grinchmas and see during time in area.

Marvel Super Hero Island

*Ride The Incredible Hulk Coaster...child swap with Goo
*Ride Storm Force Acceleration...2 oldest only
*Ride Doctor Doom’s Fearfall...child swap with Goo
*Ride Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man

Note:
-Check times for Spider-man character meet & greets.

Toon Lagoon
(Depending on the weather & time of day…probably just walk through area…the idea of getting wet for the heck of it in December is still a little unsettling. I watched the 2 rides...Rip Saw Falls & Bildge Rat Barges this summer and the people getting off...talk about soaked to the skin. In addition any place that has human dryers...well you understand my point.)

Jurassic Park
*Ride and Explore Pteranodon Flyers & Camp Jurassic (let the kids explore on own while mom and dad get a drink in Thunder Falls Terrace Area…cell phones in use)
*Ride Jurassic Park River Adventures
*Explore Jurassic Park Discovery Center

Dinner at Mythos (if thumbs down...then eat at Jimmy Buffets or Bubba Gumps on City Walk., then back to hotel for bed!!! Another early day, if kids want to go back and try Olivander's again...Boo so wants to be picked by a wand!!! I figure we have 4 shots at it (4 mornings of getting up early if he must).

Dinner & a Movie Night
April 1, 2011
Princess & the Frog
Menu: Shrimp Po'Boys (perfect Lenten Friday Meal), Coleslaw, Fries, Beignets, and Prince Naveen Sherbet Frogs

Activity: Made Beignets and Prince Naveen Sherbet Frogs, along with looking at pictures of POR Resort

Princess & the Frog
pandfrogtitle.jpg

Dinner
pandfrogdinner.jpg

Making Beignets
pandfrogmakingben.jpg

Beignets
pandfrogben2.jpg

pandfrogprince.jpg

Yay for movie night! How did the beignets turn out? I really wanted to make them for our Princess and the Frog night but I got lazy and went with cupcakes.

My plan is to fly out Christmas afternoon to Orlando, but being held hostage by Southwest's flight schedule until May 26 this could change, until Monday (although I am sure it will be cheaper to fly out on Christmas Day rather than the next day).

I know that we cannot fly out Christmas morning...because MIL would have a huge fit. She already hates that we are not at her house the crack of dawn to do Christmas morning with her (Background Info: We live 1 block from my in-laws). When dh and I had dd, I put my foot down with both my family and dh family...my children would wake up Christmas morning in their own house (with my family who lives 9 hours away, this is fine with them...but MIL is usually calling us bright and early wanting to know when we are coming down):headache:. I like to let the kids get up when they want Christmas morning (bearing in mind that we have done Midnight mass just hours earlier) and empty their stockings. Then we open Santa's presents:santa:, get dressed and have breakfast. Then they open the remaing gifts under the tree: 3 each...remaining 2 gifts of the three wise men (gift of fun and gift of education, they opened the gift of clothing the night before-which is always new pjs) and a present from siblings. I like to take present opening nice and slow, one at a time...I hate chaos and wrapping paper flying with no time to see what each person got and no appreciation for the gifts...just on to the next one. It works well in our house. Then we clean up, play with gifts and head to in laws for the chaos. Now what about my family? We usually head to Colorado sometime after Christmas and usually ring in the new year with them. They already know that we will have to plan Christmas at another time this year...not happy with me, but who cares...I feel like I am always working around my middle sister's family and their schedule so it is time I be selfish.:laughing:

I am crossing my fingers for a mid afternoon flight that would get us in early evening...time to unpack and unwind from the excitement of the surprise gift (this with be both ds#1 and ds#2's first flight). Maybe check out the pool (although the idea of swimming in December is still hard to wrap my head around), find something to eat at City Walk, and then to bed early so we can see our first castle bright and early the next morning...HOGWARTS! But there is a chance that the flight will be a late one...then it will be find something to eat ASAP and get to bed.

On Monday-Thursday we will spend taking in Universal to its fullest, with one day a side trip to Discovery Cove.

Overview of 1st Castle Part of Trip...HOGWARTS​

December 25 (Sunday): Arrival Day
Fly Out: Early to Mid Afternoon
Arrive RPR: Early Evening...swim, unpack, eat, bed

December 26 (Monday): Islands of Adventure
5:30 am In line for Early Entry
*Early Lunch @ 3 Broom Sticks
*Dinner @ Mythos

December 27 (Tuesday): IOA, then USO
*5:30 am In line for Early Entry (depends on how much kids want to do again)
*9:00 am Grinch Character Breakfast
*Dinner @ Bubba Gumps or Jimmy Buffet on City Walk

December 28 (Wednesday): Discovery Cove, then USO/IOA?
*Breakfast & Lunch @ Discovery Cove (part of package)
*Dinner Gumps, Buffet, or NASCAR
*Hit parks if anyone wants to

December 29 (Thursday): IOA/USO, then Disney...DHS or Epcot
*5:30 am In line for Early Entry (depends on how much kids want to do again), redo anything before leaving
*Lunch...Snack Around Word in Epcot or Early F! @ Mama Melrose
*Dinner...Processional Package-Tep Eddo/Le Cellier or Snack at DHS

December 30 (Friday): WDW...DHS or Epcot
*Leave RPR by 8:00, check into BWV...Breakfast 1900 Park, Kona, or BW Bakery

You are probably wondering why I am putting some WDW things into our Hogwart's part of the trip...well, I love the RPR at USO and the longer you stay the cheaper the room and the room is cheaper than WDW (bearing in mind we are stayin at the BWV and would have to do a split stay for a day or so before checking into BWV). Also, I am trying to be flexible for the the WDW portion...I want to do the Candlelight Processional at Epcot (which ends the 30th, so I am giving myself 2 days/6 chances to see it) and I also want to do F! and then have a day at DHS that does not have F!...my thinking is get F! over while the huge Christmas crowds are there and enjoy the park on a non F! day after New Years when most of the crowds have died down.

Please feel free to give me any feedback or suggestions...

I think that your first few days sound great. I am so jealous that you are going to Discovery Cove. One day I'll get there, maybe on one of these trips I can talk my MIL into watching the little ones for the day for us;) I think your plans for arrival day are great. I am also one of those people who like to take our time on Christmas mornings but my DH is always trying to rush me so we can get out to his mom's who lives 2 hours away. Every year we get to her house later and later, lol. I hope you are able to get the flights you want, you and I will both be busy on the 26th of May, I'll be in the car making my way to Disney!

I am still in the planning mood this afternoon after cleaning, laundry, and grocery shopping...dh took the boys, Jake and Cami to the lake to go fishing with some friends. DD of course is in her room reading...we had to go get more books at the library today, what a problem to have. So I am tinkering around with touring plans...

Since we are staying at the Royal Pacific Resort (RPR) we will have the EXPRESS pass on our ticket along with early entry into Wizarding World of Harry Potter (WWOHP)...which is 1 hour before opening. With that being said, the experience that I had last summer with the EXPRESS and early entry is you can do the entire park in a day and still have time left over. I am not sure how summer crowds (I went opening weekend of WWOHP) and Christmas crowds compare. I read somewhere that Christmas is Universal Studios-Orlando (USO) busiest time of the year, so I am expecting crowds, giving ourself plenty of days at the 2 parks and having a touring plan!

Day 1
December 26
Islands of Adventure

6:30 am Arrive at gates for Early Entry into WWofHP at 7:00 am

7:00 am WWOHP

*Olivander’s Wand shop: Pick up a butter beer from outside cart wait in line
*Tour Owl Post & Owlery/Dervish & Banges
*Ride Forbidden Journey (So praying that Goo is 48 inches by the trip...or we are going to have issues in this line when it comes to ride)
*Tour Filch’s Emporium of Confiscated Goods
*Ride Flight of Hippogriff
*Tour Honeydukes & Zonkos Joke Shops
*Ride both sides of Dragon Challenge (Child swap with Goo)
*Eat lunch at 3 Broomsticks...making sure we get a frozen Butterbeer with lunch
*Pick Up another butterbeer upon leaving!

Notes:
- Allow kids to take pictures of anything in the shops they are interested in purchasing (caption with location and cost) last day purchases.
-Check schedule for Triwizard Spirit Rally & Frog Choir times

The Lost Continent
* See/Tour Poseidon’s Fury

Note:
-Stop in at Mytho's, check menu and make reservations for dinner if family likes menu (I loved the crab sliders last summer...and the atmosphere is amazing. Use www.opentable.com or call 407-224-4012.

Seuss Landing
*Ride High the Sky Seuss Trolley Train
*Ride Caro-Seuss-el
*Ride One Fish, Two Fish...kids only
*Ride The Cat in the Hat

Note:
-Check Times for Grinchmas and see during time in area.

Marvel Super Hero Island

*Ride The Incredible Hulk Coaster...child swap with Goo
*Ride Storm Force Acceleration...2 oldest only
*Ride Doctor Doom’s Fearfall...child swap with Goo
*Ride Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man

Note:
-Check times for Spider-man character meet & greets.

Toon Lagoon
(Depending on the weather & time of day…probably just walk through area…the idea of getting wet for the heck of it in December is still a little unsettling. I watched the 2 rides...Rip Saw Falls & Bildge Rat Barges this summer and the people getting off...talk about soaked to the skin. In addition any place that has human dryers...well you understand my point.)

Jurassic Park
*Ride and Explore Pteranodon Flyers & Camp Jurassic (let the kids explore on own while mom and dad get a drink in Thunder Falls Terrace Area…cell phones in use)
*Ride Jurassic Park River Adventures
*Explore Jurassic Park Discovery Center

Dinner at Mythos (if thumbs down...then eat at Jimmy Buffets or Bubba Gumps on City Walk., then back to hotel for bed!!! Another early day, if kids want to go back and try Olivander's again...Boo so wants to be picked by a wand!!! I figure we have 4 shots at it (4 mornings of getting up early if he must).

:thumbsup2 Looks like a full day!

I LOVE the frogs!!! awesome idea, im going to have to make some, they are just too cute!

So jealous you are doing WWoHP, we will try to plan that one in few years. Sounds like so much fun!

I LOVE the frogs!!! awesome idea, im going to have to make some, they are just too cute!

I think the kids loved them the best...they were easy. We rolled a ball of lime sherbet and let it harden in the freezer, then cut in half 3 gummy apple rings (4 for the feet and 2 for the eye socket). 2 brown coconut m & ms for the eyes, rolled a piece of red fruit roll up for the tongue and some frosting for the mouth!

The beiguets were okay...I think we did somethng wrong (although I am not sure how...), they were pretty flat and chewy. Maybe we will make it over to POR-FQ and get some next Christmas.

My sister and her family went to Discovery Cove a few years ago...it was their favorite part of their entire trip. DD wants to be either a small animal vet or a marine vet, so Discovery Cove and the Swim with the Dolphins experience is for her. I am really excited about it too, now to get another 30 pounds off by then.

I am trying to get everything done in the 12 days we are on vacation, knowing that I probably will never get dh to go back. This is a first time for vacation as a family (our vacations are usually just head to our cabin). Heck I did not even get a honeymoon...we honeymooned with all of our guests in the mountains even then. The kids and I have taken off with my mom, sisters and their families...but dh never has come along (partly he does not want to deal with inlaws and partly because summer his his busy time).

Just think in less than 2 months you will be on your way! I cant wait for you guys to experience some more magic!

In celebration of Boo finishing the HP series over spring break (I told him if he would finish the series we would go to the midnight showing of the last movie in July), I thought I would post some pictures I took at IOA WWOHP last summer. I got to be there on opening day! To really take in the awesomeness of Hogwarts's Castle you have to see it both in the day and night!

hphogwartswithentrance.jpg

hphogwartscastlenight.jpg

I really like how this night picture turned out...I am amazed that I took it! It looks like a postcard and somehow not even real. It had rained most of the afternoon which gave the image even more effect!

The beiguets were okay...I think we did somethng wrong (although I am not sure how...), they were pretty flat and chewy. Maybe we will make it over to POR-FQ and get some next Christmas.

My sister and her family went to Discovery Cove a few years ago...it was their favorite part of their entire trip. DD wants to be either a small animal vet or a marine vet, so Discovery Cove and the Swim with the Dolphins experience is for her. I am really excited about it too, now to get another 30 pounds off by then.

I am trying to get everything done in the 12 days we are on vacation, knowing that I probably will never get dh to go back. This is a first time for vacation as a family (our vacations are usually just head to our cabin). Heck I did not even get a honeymoon...we honeymooned with all of our guests in the mountains even then. The kids and I have taken off with my mom, sisters and their families...but dh never has come along (partly he does not want to deal with inlaws and partly because summer his his busy time).

Just think in less than 2 months you will be on your way! I cant wait for you guys to experience some more magic!

I know only 51 more days! It seems so close but still so far away, lol!

We've done the "get as much done as possible" vacations. When went in 2002 we did MK twice, Epcot twice, AK, DHS, SW, USO and IOA all in 10 days. Lets just say by the end of vacation, we needed another vacation just to rest. Don't stress if you don't get everything done. I'm sure once your DH gets down there and experiences all of the magic he'll have a change of heart and want to go back!

In celebration of Boo finishing the HP series over spring break (I told him if he would finish the series we would go to the midnight showing of the last movie in July), I thought I would post some pictures I took at IOA WWOHP last summer. I got to be there on opening day! To really take in the awesomeness of Hogwarts's Castle you have to see it both in the day and night!

hphogwartswithentrance.jpg

hphogwartscastlenight.jpg

I really like how this night picture turned out...I am amazed that I took it! It looks like a postcard and somehow not even real. It had rained most of the afternoon which gave the image even more effect!

Not only am I jealous that you guys are doing Discovery Cove, I am also jealous of WWOHP. I am a huge fan, ever since the first movie we have always gone on opening day and the past 3 movies my DS15 and I have attended the midnight showing. And then that day my DH takes my DS15 and DS7 to see it. We even made it onto the front page of our newspaper one year while in line for the midnight showing! I seriously considered doing IOA this year but since we are taking the kids out of school for this trip we decided that we'll hold off until the next trip and do it during the summer so school's not an issue.

I found something you could make for your Mary Popins night
http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/penguin-cupcakes-686237/

Hey I am catching up on all of your updates! If you miss a few days on the Dis you miss a lot :lmao:

My name is Jessica. You can call me Jess :)

I love you movie nights! Your post about PotC defiantly made me hungry. We are staying at POFQ this time and can't wait to try the beignets, they look like little pieces of Heaven.

Your plans look fantastic so far! Harry Potter is one of my favorite series, I really hope that I can make some extra time on our trip to see the WWofHP. :woohoo: Yay for Boo finishing the series! I love going to midnight showings, there is so much energy there among the fans. DH said after the midnight showing that he was done with them, every Edward came on the screen the little girls behind us squealed and sighed. I thought it was funny, and cute, he did not :lmao:

I am jealous too about Discovery Cove! We have always wanted to do it but have had a hard time working it into the budget. I am glad you all will get to experice it. I think your DD will love it!!

I can't wait to hear more popcorn::

My TA is top notch...she looks everywhere for deals to save me money on our upcoming trip. She found a great deal with American Express card and Discovery Cove...almost a $500 savings! (Wow what a relief that would be to my worry about budget due to airfare rising). The only catch is it is through American Express...doing Dave Ramsey we have no credit cards, let alone American Express. The sale for these tickets start the 12th of April...no time to even apply for a card (not that I would want to). My TA and a friend has an American Express and so does my sister...they said I could use their cards...and pay them the cash. The only thing is reading the small print it says the tickets are non transferable...do you think they could book the tickets in my name using their card? Looking for anyone that might have any experience with using American Express Getways....ANYONE?

Here is the link in case anyone can use it....

https://dailygetaways.discoveramerica.com/OfferDetails.aspx?pid=10835696-15c9-4226-a0e3-e84d3dc018c3

Stay tuned for later tonights Dinner & a Movie Night...Mary Poppins (taking advantage of Lent Friday once again with the theme food).

I'm sure once your DH gets down there and experiences all of the magic he'll have a change of heart and want to go back!

I wish I was so sure! :rotfl2: Gotta know my husband! I see maybe a bff trip with my college bff...we joke that as soon as we get the kids out of college and we retire we are leaving our dh behind and traveling together. I so look forward to that time!

I am jealous too about Discovery Cove! We have always wanted to do it but have had a hard time working it into the budget. I am glad you all will get to experice it. I think your DD will love it!!

I can't wait to hear more popcorn::

Jess-
With the American Express Deal my Travel agent found today...$175 per person (including tax) for the day makes it a lot more affordable. I am crossing my fingers that we can figure out how to make this work. It certainly would take some stress off my budget and my worries about airfare!

It has been a long day and the kids are excited about getting another movie night underway (doing it Friday this week...Abigail has her regional track meet tomorrow out of town and of course we will be there cheering her on)....but I am TIRED! I had the pleasure last night of finding out what the ER looked like at 1:30 am with a trip for Goo.

Background: I am so LUCKY, I can count on 2 hands how many times my 3 children in almost 14 years have been sick enough to even warrent a trip to the doctor's office. None of them have asthma or any chronic issues...but last night I was scared to death. About 1 am, Goo woke up and for some reason I heard him gasphing for air. When I got into his room it was all he could do to breathe. He went to bed as without any sign of being sick or getting sick, just a normal night. I thought be played outside last night, so maybe allergies...so I gave him some benadryl...he could barely swallow it...waited and nothing...dug out the breathing machine that I occasionally use and an old treatment I had on hand...no help. I told dh I was loading him in the car and going to the emergency room...dh looked at me like you are crazy he will be fine. On the drive he did seem to get better, but not much...I was frantic. The nurses immediately took him back, and started on a breathing treatment...his trachia was 97% closed...45 minutes later the doctor shows up and he is still about 75% closed...doctor tells me that if they cannot get his airway open to at least 50% they would admit him in the next hour. They gave the poor guy 2 HUGE steriod shots and switched to another breathing treatment...about 2 hourse later he was able to go home...the verdict...a form of Croup (minus the cough). He is fine today, of course get got to stay with his nanny (MIL) and be spoiled all day long...you would not even know anything happened this morning....

Wonder how much this is going to cost me? I have never seen the inside of an ER and I don't want to again. Thankful he is fine :love: and I get to tell dh I told you so! :laughing: Trust a momma's instinct...I knew something was not right!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter