2 Castles, 2 Send out 2011 & Ring in 2012...12 Days of Christmas

We have a full schedule tonight. DD-Ab has open house/orientation at the advanced math and science high school tonight. We are so proud of her for getting accepted into the veterinarin program at the school. She will spend the morning at thise high school and the afternoon at her current private middle/high school. It will be tough not really fitting in at either place 100%, but she is so focused and goal driven...and this is what she wants. When she graduates from this high school program in 4 years, she will have an associates degree in vet medicine...be a certified veterinarin tech...this will help her get her foot in the door to veterinarin medical school and be able to work her way through college in a job associated with her dreams.

Discovery Cove...I found someone who is going to let me us her American Express card to purchase the Discovery Cove Tickets tomorrow from American Express (actually is a friend of a friend). I figured the savings at almost $600! :banana: This helps ease my budget over what is going to happen with airline tickets and gas prices! So tomorrow at noon all I will have left to pay for is: the balance of Universal, WDW tickets, airline tickets and DDxDp...Discovery Cove and BWV stay are paid for!

Your DD sounds like she's got a great head on her shoulders! Not many girls her age already know what they want to do with their lives, heck my DD15 still thinks he's going to be a MLB player! Although I do encourage his baseball I still try to push him to do his best in school. It's great that your DD has a plan:thumbsup2

Wow, that's great for your daughter! My 6 year old has been saying for a few years he wants to be a marine biologist and his favorite sea animal is an Angler Fish! I wish your daughter all the luck! There's a website called fastweb.com that she can sign up for and start applying for scholarships (I think that you can start at 10th grade), but it's free to sign up and they send you notices when scholarships that apply to you come available-just something for you to look into for her or with her or her alone!
And I am sorry to hear about the tickets, I am really glad that you get to go still though with everyone! I bet that's going to be a neat experience!

We have a full schedule tonight. DD-Ab has open house/orientation at the advanced math and science high school tonight. We are so proud of her for getting accepted into the veterinarin program at the school. She will spend the morning at thise high school and the afternoon at her current private middle/high school. It will be tough not really fitting in at either place 100%, but she is so focused and goal driven...and this is what she wants. When she graduates from this high school program in 4 years, she will have an associates degree in vet medicine...be a certified veterinarin tech...this will help her get her foot in the door to veterinarin medical school and be able to work her way through college in a job associated with her dreams.

Discovery Cove...I found someone who is going to let me us her American Express card to purchase the Discovery Cove Tickets tomorrow from American Express (actually is a friend of a friend). I figured the savings at almost $600! :banana: This helps ease my budget over what is going to happen with airline tickets and gas prices! So tomorrow at noon all I will have left to pay for is: the balance of Universal, WDW tickets, airline tickets and DDxDp...Discovery Cove and BWV stay are paid for!

What an awesome opportunity for your dd! Mine wants to be a vet too. She still needs to finish her 4 year degree.. and then be accepted into veterinary school. Right now... she works in a veterinary hospital. She would have loved to have had that opportunity since graduating with a vet tech degree would have been better than being a Kennel Tech while she waits to go to Vet School.

No, I did not get the Discovery Cove tickets...

After all the pain to get an AMEX card to purchase these tickets....I knew the tickets would be limited, but really only 85 tickets available (should not have wasted my time, did not know this until I saw it posted this afternoon)...had 4 people try all at the same time frame right on the noon dot to help me out...we never got in...after 24 minutes of refreshing (must have clicked that button over 300 times)...SOLD OUT! Yep, I am disappointed...oh well, would have helped my budget but not a trip breaker...and yes we are still going to Discovery Cove.

I am very HAPPY for those who got in and were able to get these tickets...yes I am, because sometime I will get lucky too and get a great deal, not this time...oh well...

But now that being said...I got to thinking more about this entire offer...

ONLY 85 TICKETS....??????

If Discovery Cove only admits 1000 people per day (according to their website), and there are about 260 days left to use that offer that means...260,000 people OVER 1/4 of a million for the remainder of the year will get to experience Discovery Cove....that means 85 tickets....1 ticket per 3000 people were offered or 1 ticket for almost every 4 days the park is in operation....

Tell me is that really an offer????

Yep, if it sounds too good to be true...It is!!!!!

That is so horrid. I agree... doesn't sound like much of an offer!!!

I must say that this has been a been week! And I forsee a lot more with the end of the school year quickly approaching. I have been tied to my computer and desk and school trying to get reports written, materials/timelines for teachers in regards to the end of year reports they are responsible for, along with writting curriculum for the summer school math program. I have hardly had anytime to be in the classrooms...:sad2: but I am sure the teachers really do not mind. Our next round of state testing is in 9 days...and all the work that goes into that...I HAVE MISSED MY WDW DREAMING AND PLANNING!

There's a website called fastweb.com that she can sign up for and start applying for scholarships (I think that you can start at 10th grade), but it's free to sign up and they send you notices when scholarships that apply to you come available-just something for you to look into for her or with her or her alone!

Thank you for the information…we will look into this. With putting 3 children through Catholic schools, you can imagine we have not done a lot of college savings! With wanting to go to vet school, the college loans will stack up. She has a very good shot at being Valedictorian in her class if she continues on the path she is on! Which would help because in the state of Texas that automatic admission to a state school and pretty much an undergrad full ride scholarship!

What an awesome opportunity for your dd! Mine wants to be a vet too. She still needs to finish her 4 year degree.. and then be accepted into veterinary school. Right now... she works in a veterinary hospital. She would have loved to have had that opportunity since graduating with a vet tech degree would have been better than being a Kennel Tech while she waits to go to Vet School.

It is a pretty amazing high school. They also have a nursing program where in your junior year you can earn your nursing assistant license and beginning working in the hospital. Along with an auto program where in their junior and senior year they spend can spend the summer in Houston being trained by Toyota…and Toyota gives them all the tools they need! It is pretty easy to get in your Freshman year, but you have to reapply for the school before you junior year and they weed out about ½ of the students…junior and senior years they spend 3 days a week in the field with a mentor in their program.

Vet school is tough to get into, but sounds like your

IMG_6218.jpg

A Magic Kindgom game...I found it on ebay for $12 including shipping. It is brand new (still has the strink wrap on it). Of course I am hiding it until the beginning of December when we have a family movie night centered around Walt Disney's birthday! Thought this would be a fun way for the kids to be introduced to the Magic Kingdom, without telling them they were going there in a few weeks.

Guess this means I am joining the ranks of Lisa and Ann with pretrip purchases! :rotfl2:

Day 3
December 28
IOA, then Discovery Cove

6:30 am Get in line for WWofHP Early Entry

This all depends if my two oldest want to do this (whether or not Boo has been chosen by a wand yet…please pray that be gets picked one of the first 2 mornings…I would love to sleep in some)

7:00 am WWofHP

*Grab some Butterbeer for breakfast
*Get in line for Olivander’s Wand Shop
*Grad some Butterbeer for walk back to RPR

8:15 am Town Car Pick Up for Discovery Cove

8:45 am Arrive at Discovery Cove for check in

9:00-5:30 Discovery Cove

6:00 Arrive back at RPR

Evening Plans…I am thinking we are really going to be tired from swimming all day long, so we will probably just grab dinner either at the RPR or City Walk and head for bed…after all I am sure we are going to have to give Olivander’s another shot in the morning, knowing how unlucky we are…:lmao:

Day 3
December 28
IOA, then Discovery Cove

6:30 am Get in line for WWofHP Early Entry

This all depends if my two oldest want to do this (whether or not Boo has been chosen by a wand yet…please pray that be gets picked one of the first 2 mornings…I would love to sleep in some)

*Grab some Butterbeer for breakfast
*Get in line for Olivander’s Wand Shop
*Grad some Butterbeer for walk back to RPR

8:15 am Town Car Pick Up for Discovery Cove

8:45 am Arrive at Discovery Cove for check in

9:00-5:30 Discovery Cove

6:00 Arrive back at RPR

Evening Plans…I am thinking we are really going to be tired from swimming all day long, so we will probably just grab dinner either at the RPR or City Walk and head for bed…after all I am sure we are going to have to give Olivander’s another shot in the morning, knowing how unlucky we are…:lmao:

OMG, if you go into Olivander's 4 mornings in a row they better choose Boo to get a wand:wizard:

Dinner & a Movie Night
Mulan
April 16, 2011​
mulannight.jpg

Mulan always makes me laugh at the voices… Donny Osmond and Eddie Murphy in a Chinese roles?​

Menu: Chinese Take Out (from our favorite Chinese restaurant) and Wanton Banana Splits

Activity: Chinese Lanterns (after Goo saw another movie night post he wanted to know why we were not making crafts…guess I now have to some up with a craft too) and looking at pictures of China in Epcot

Making Chinese Lanterns

makinglaterns.jpg

Finished Lanterns (good reason to dust the ceiling fan)

laterns.jpg

Chinese Take Out (lots of yummy leftovers for lunches this week)

chinesetakeout.jpg

Making Wantons
*Each one was filled with chocolate chips and either a piece of pineapple, strawberry, or banana…

makingwantons.jpg

wantons.jpg

Wanton Banana Split
* I modified the dessert from Yak & Yeti since I could not find the recipe but found one for strawberry chocolate wontons and came up with this idea…scoop of vanilla ice cream, whip cream, chopped bananas-strawberries-pineapple, and wantons

wantonsundae.jpg

Dinner & a Movie Night
Mulan
April 16, 2011​
mulannight.jpg

Mulan always makes me laugh at the voices… Donny Osmond and Eddie Murphy in a Chinese roles?​

Menu: Chinese Take Out (from our favorite Chinese restaurant) and Wanton Banana Splits

Activity: Chinese Lanterns (after Goo saw another movie night post he wanted to know why we were not making crafts…guess I now have to some up with a craft too) and looking at pictures of China in Epcot

Making Chinese Lanterns

makinglaterns.jpg

Finished Lanterns (good reason to dust the ceiling fan)

laterns.jpg

Chinese Take Out (lots of yummy leftovers for lunches this week)

chinesetakeout.jpg

Making Wantons
*Each one was filled with chocolate chips and either a piece of pineapple, strawberry, or banana…

makingwantons.jpg

wantons.jpg

Wanton Banana Split
* I modified the dessert from Yak & Yeti since I could not find the recipe but found one for strawberry chocolate wontons and came up with this idea…scoop of vanilla ice cream, whip cream, chopped bananas-strawberries-pineapple, and wantons

wantonsundae.jpg

Great Mulan night, love the Wanton banana splits! I may have to try those out, we went through a phase where we were experimenting with wontons, Christian's favorite recipe he created was philly steak and cheese wontons!

How cool you found that game on ebay! I am impressed by your ability to wait. I am worse than a child in the waiting department. (can you tell by reading my PTR? :rotfl2:) I would be opening that shrink ramp asap.

Yay on the Mulan Night!!! As strange as it is... or I should say as non conventional as it is... it is one of my all time favorite Disney movies. In fact, I think it is one of my favorite movies period. Something about a girl finding balance between being strong and beautiful ... I think Mulan does this better than any of the other princesses. (Is Mulan technically a princes :confused:) I also kinda appreciate that this is one of the few Disney movies that celebrate a main character with a full family... and not just a full one, but the incorporation of an extended one as well. I just love that movie! Add in the yummy food and I am sure you had an awesome night. :goodvibes

How cool you found that game on ebay! I am impressed by your ability to wait. I am worse than a child in the waiting department. (can you tell by reading my PTR? :rotfl2:) I would be opening that shrink ramp asap.

Yay on the Mulan Night!!! As strange as it is... or I should say as non conventional as it is... it is one of my all time favorite Disney movies. In fact, I think it is one of my favorite movies period. Something about a girl finding balance between being strong and beautiful ... I think Mulan does this better than any of the other princesses. (Is Mulan technically a princes :confused:) I also kinda appreciate that this is one of the few Disney movies that celebrate a main character with a full family... and not just a full one, but the incorporation of an extended one as well. I just love that movie! Add in the yummy food and I am sure you had an awesome night. :goodvibes

Thank you for the information…we will look into this. With putting 3 children through Catholic schools, you can imagine we have not done a lot of college savings! With wanting to go to vet school, the college loans will stack up. She has a very good shot at being Valedictorian in her class if she continues on the path she is on! Which would help because in the state of Texas that automatic admission to a state school and pretty much an undergrad full ride scholarship!

I didn't realize that you were in Texas! I am from Texas (Angleton) and my little brother and sister attend a Christian school there in Angleton! I am going to be looking into my son going to a christian school soon too- there is just really nothing to say about the public schools here and they are getting rid of everything and raising my taxes!?!?!?! But anyway.....

I have tried your idea with the family movie nights! I am going to be getting some pictures up- we started with Aladdin! I love your Mulan movie night and those wontons sound so yummy!

I didn't realize that you were in Texas! I am from Texas (Angleton) and my little brother and sister attend a Christian school there in Angleton! I am going to be looking into my son going to a christian school soon too- there is just really nothing to say about the public schools here and they are getting rid of everything and raising my taxes!?!?!?! But anyway.....

I have tried your idea with the family movie nights! I am going to be getting some pictures up- we started with Aladdin! I love your Mulan movie night and those wontons sound so yummy!

Yep, in Texas...but a long way from Angleton! I was born and raised in Northern Colorado...moved here out of college. Always planned to go back to Colorado as soon as I had my master's degree (had that accomplished in the first 4 years of moving here), but remain here now 20 years later. Guess I was always a Texas at heart. The public schools here are not bad at all...and I work for them, but it is more of a religious reason for our choice to go public. I hate the way the public education and teachers are getting a bad rap currently in the press and public opinion. There are so many reasons why schools are declining...

What are you going to do for Aladdin? We are thinking of doing either Aladdin or Beauty & the Beast next week. I was thinking of trying cous cous...but I have no idea how to fix it?!

I love Mulan too! I like how Disney "ladies" for the most part are strong characters with strong personalities. I had not thought about the full family before...you are right! Family is what makes us strong and needs to be celebrated and showcased.

I am enjoying finding NEW recipes and spending sometime with Ab in the kitchen. DH can be so picky...meat and potatoes kind of guy...he loved the wantons last night!

Touring Plan for Day 4
December 29, 2011
IOA, USO & WDW???
It is my plan that the night before we will sit down before going to bed and make a list & plan for how to spend this last morning at Universal...

6:30 am Arrive at gates for Early Entry into WWofHP at 7:00 am

*Pick up a Butter Beer from outside cart
*Olivanders Wand Shop (this is our last try for Boo to be picked by a wand...unless I have a kind heart and we extend our tickets 1 more day...then we could go the next morning before officially leaving RPR/USO for WDW and the BWV)
*Make Purchases-I am hoping that my children will have cooperated and really thought about what they want to spend their money on...I am asking that they take pictures throughout the parks with their phones (including the price and location)...and then on our last day make purchases. Lockers are HUGE pains at Universal and I dread carrying packages around...need to check into whether or not gift shops deliver like at WDW...I think they do?!

8:00 am-?????? (1:00 pm)

*Redo anything that the kids want to do again in either park..as for mom...I WANT 1 more ride on the Rip Rocket Roller Coaster!

2:00 (????) Epcot CP or DHS F!/Osborne Lights

I am not sure exactly what time we will leave the parks...it depends on which option I get at WDW for the afternoon? Why go to WDW when we still are officially at RPR. Well...crowds, Candlelight Processional in Epcot or F!/Osborne Lights in DHS. These things are playing heavily on my mind, and I will not know the answer til the end of August (if WDW follows past years in booking Candlelight Processional Tickets).

The CP dates usually run until December 30...that means I have December 29 or December 30th to see this. From what I read the CP is a MUST DO for our family if at all possible, after all the Christmas Story is the reason for the season! So I am going to be flexible and try for tickets for either of these 2 nights (12/29 or 12/30...looking at Beindergarten, Le Cellier, or Tepan Eddo for the dinner package).

I am also thinking of crowd levels in terms of F! and Osborne Lights. Since I know the crowds are going to be crazy and these are 2 things I want to do...I am thinking of heading to DHS late in the afternoon to get these out of the way (not worrying about getting on rides and lines)...then go back to DHS on a day that there is no F! and Osborne Lights are over. I want to get the dinner package at Mama Melrose...while I am not sure about this because they seem to get mixed reviews (I would like to Brown Derby, but the menu does not appeal to the kids and I know later in the week I am going to be pushing it with other Signature Dining Experiences).

So bottom line what is my plan...DHS or Epcot Thursday afternoon! At 180 days I am going to book the F! packages for both the 29th and 30th...then as soon as CP packages go on sale try for wither the 29th or 30th...then cancel one of the F!. I know it is not nice to double book, but I will release it just as soon as I see whether or not I can get the CP.

I completely agree... on BOTH statements. I cant wait to open presents at all!! and I love Mulan, she is such a greta role model, so strong and full of family.

Cous Cous... Just buy the box at the store of the instant, boild water, pour in, fluff, takes five minutes and tastes great!

Touring Plan for Day 4
December 29, 2011
IOA, USO & WDW???
It is my plan that the night before we will sit down before going to bed and make a list & plan for how to spend this last morning at Universal...

6:30 am Arrive at gates for Early Entry into WWofHP at 7:00 am

*Pick up a Butter Beer from outside cart
*Olivanders Wand Shop (this is our last try for Boo to be picked by a wand...unless I have a kind heart and we extend our tickets 1 more day...then we could go the next morning before officially leaving RPR/USO for WDW and the BWV)
*Make Purchases-I am hoping that my children will have cooperated and really thought about what they want to spend their money on...I am asking that they take pictures throughout the parks with their phones (including the price and location)...and then on our last day make purchases. Lockers are HUGE pains at Universal and I dread carrying packages around...need to check into whether or not gift shops deliver like at WDW...I think they do?!

8:00 am-?????? (1:00 pm)

*Redo anything that the kids want to do again in either park..as for mom...I WANT 1 more ride on the Rip Rocket Roller Coaster!

2:00 (????) Epcot CP or DHS F!/Osborne Lights

I am not sure exactly what time we will leave the parks...it depends on which option I get at WDW for the afternoon? Why go to WDW when we still are officially at RPR. Well...crowds, Candlelight Processional in Epcot or F!/Osborne Lights in DHS. These things are playing heavily on my mind, and I will not know the answer til the end of August (if WDW follows past years in booking Candlelight Processional Tickets).

The CP dates usually run until December 30...that means I have December 29 or December 30th to see this. From what I read the CP is a MUST DO for our family if at all possible, after all the Christmas Story is the reason for the season! So I am going to be flexible and try for tickets for either of these 2 nights (12/29 or 12/30...looking at Beindergarten, Le Cellier, or Tepan Eddo for the dinner package).

I am also thinking of crowd levels in terms of F! and Osborne Lights. Since I know the crowds are going to be crazy and these are 2 things I want to do...I am thinking of heading to DHS late in the afternoon to get these out of the way (not worrying about getting on rides and lines)...then go back to DHS on a day that there is no F! and Osborne Lights are over. I want to get the dinner package at Mama Melrose...while I am not sure about this because they seem to get mixed reviews (I would like to Brown Derby, but the menu does not appeal to the kids and I know later in the week I am going to be pushing it with other Signature Dining Experiences).

So bottom line what is my plan...DHS or Epcot Thursday afternoon! At 180 days I am going to book the F! packages for both the 29th and 30th...then as soon as CP packages go on sale try for wither the 29th or 30th...then cancel one of the F!. I know it is not nice to double book, but I will release it just as soon as I see whether or not I can get the CP.

I don't blame you for planning to double book. When you only have 2 nights... you gotta do what you gotta do. I will also be attempting to book a Fantasmic dinning package at Mama Melrose. It was awesome last trip. I love that the package lets you pick an ap even when on the dinning plan. I have enjoyed the food when we have gone there. The only thing I didn't care for was the service... once. Other than that, I have had nothing but good experiences. :goodvibes

Yep, in Texas...but a long way from Angleton! I was born and raised in Northern Colorado...moved here out of college. Always planned to go back to Colorado as soon as I had my master's degree (had that accomplished in the first 4 years of moving here), but remain here now 20 years later. Guess I was always a Texas at heart. The public schools here are not bad at all...and I work for them, but it is more of a religious reason for our choice to go public. I hate the way the public education and teachers are getting a bad rap currently in the press and public opinion. There are so many reasons why schools are declining...

What are you going to do for Aladdin? We are thinking of doing either Aladdin or Beauty & the Beast next week. I was thinking of trying cous cous...but I have no idea how to fix it?!

I am opposite- I moved out of Texas with all intentions of moving back when I graduated high school and just never got around to it! So now flash forward 7 years we bought a house where I didn't want to live to begin with! I went to 2 different high schools and 1 intermediate (the rest of my siblings did all of the grades in public) in public in Texas and there it wasn't so bad I agree! But where I live now I hate driving by and seeing some of the stuff that you see and now they are getting rid of some programs my son would like to do (not even letting us pay for them) so that's why I am trying to come to a decision- but he's in kindergarten I could honestly wait a few years and it's not the teachers that I am questioning, but some of the things these kids do and where they learn that from!
For Aladdin we did a quinoa salad because I had no cous cous, but here is a link to a cous cous salad from my favorite website http://weelicious.com/2010/09/21/greek-isreali-coucous-salad/ not sure if your family would be into something like that though, for my family I would have to modify it. But I toast quinoa and cous cous before using them (in a dry pan over medium until they start popping, making sure to stir so that they don't burn and then add the water, cover and cook- it just adds a toasty flavor to it)! for dessert we did cookies and ice cream and an activity we drew what the inside of our lamps would look like! I put everything on my PTR I hope that it helps you because I have taken some ideas from you to do in the future and I would love to give back something =)!

http://weelicious.com/2010/09/21/greek-isreali-coucous-salad/[/url] not sure if your family would be into something like that though, for my family I would have to modify it. But I toast quinoa and cous cous before using them (in a dry pan over medium until they start popping, making sure to stir so that they don't burn and then add the water, cover and cook- it just adds a toasty flavor to it)! for dessert we did cookies and ice cream and an activity we drew what the inside of our lamps would look like! I put everything on my PTR I hope that it helps you because I have taken some ideas from you to do in the future and I would love to give back something =)!

I totally understand where you are coming from in regards to things that other kids do that my children may witness in public schools. I love the sheltered life my kids have in Catholic schools...and the morals they are gaining...that is the #1 reason my children are where they are...I want them to grow up slow!

Thanks for the salad recipe. Sounds perfect for shish kabobs that I am planning for Aladdin night. And the tips for how to cook the cous cous...wow! I knew I could cound on you!

That is the great thing about PTR...learning from each other. I am so glad your family is getting involved in movie nights...even dh :rotfl:..family time is so important...my dh is the grumpiest!

I don't blame you for planning to double book. When you only have 2 nights... you gotta do what you gotta do. I will also be attempting to book a Fantasmic dinning package at Mama Melrose. It was awesome last trip. I love that the package lets you pick an ap even when on the dinning plan. I have enjoyed the food when we have gone there. The only thing I didn't care for was the service... once. Other than that, I have had nothing but good experiences. :goodvibes

Bad service, well I can tolerate but BAD FOOD..well NOT AT ALL! I am a little worried about the menu, but I AM NOT STANDING IN LINE FOR 2 HOURSE to see F!.

I just finished reading your trip report from September last night. :rotfl: I ENJOYED it!!! I so can relate...I am your daughter with little tolerace for people not keeping up with the schedule and social graces. I see my mom in your mom, and well my little sister is you...trying to keep everyone happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter