2 guys, a mom and the mouse. NOW COMPLETED!!! PIC INTENSIVE TR.

Hello. Enjoyed your trip report. I am mostly a silent lurker, but I saw your friend Brittany at the TOT party in the animation studio last night. I told her I recognized her. I think she thought that was sort of cool:thumbsup2

.......Next, she brought out Chris's sundae.

100_2924.jpg

How much was this Sundae?

Hello. Enjoyed your trip report. I am mostly a silent lurker, but I saw your friend Brittany at the TOT party in the animation studio last night. I told her I recognized her. I think she thought that was sort of cool:thumbsup2

This is AWESOME! :upsidedow

Great report!! I'm taking my 1st trip to DL in February with my best girlfriend and I'm so excited!

I sent her your ToT and hub pictures hoping she'll be up for some fun too!

Looking forward to the next TR!!!

Glad you enjoyed the TR. Febuary is a good low crowd time at the park. I hope you and your friend have a great time.

I was so glad we decided to do some crazy pictures. It really helped create some special memories.

absolutely amazing trip report!!! :worship::worship::worship: Thank you so much for giving me a real feel for what the park is like at Halloween time! Maybe next year I'll get to see it for myself, but for now those pics and recaps will tide me over PERFECTLY! And i've added some new restaurants onto the list for Dec!

I would definately say that you should try for a Halloween trip next year. It seems like they are going to continue to beef up their halloween celebration since this year is a success. I can't wait to see what the will do next year.

THAT IS AWESOME! Everyone needs to say hi to Brittany if you see her in the park.

How much was this Sundae?

The sundae was about 20 bucks, i think.

AWesome trip report. It was so much fun. Loved the pics.

We'll miss you by a week James. :( We go mid to late November

for the kitchen sink I so completely forgot to get it when I was there so when I go in april/may I will definately have to try it out haha with my other friends haha and my brother goes oh I can eat ti by myself im like haha good luck with that :) super excited and oh I finally slowly started to do my TR finally lol

I've just sat & read........& loved your trip report :surfweb:
Thanks for all the great photos, it's given this Aussie an awesome Disney fix from half a world away :cheer2:

Looks like you guys had a great time and lots of fun! I really enjoyed all the pictures. I definately want to make it one year at Halloween. Gearing up now for the 3rd Christmas visit. Can you provide a quick list of unique hidden mickeys? I saw the pic of the one in Haunted Mansion, but also heard you mention one on California Screamin? I am trying to make a little treasure hunt kind-of book to help keep my step-daughter and nephew occupied in the case of line-ups for rides!

The food pics got me so pumped. My list of places to eat keeps growing. So much for trying to have a few meals off-site to save some $$$!

Done! That was a long 25 pages, but totally worth the read! I don't post much, but have been passing the time until my first ever Disneyland trip next November :woohoo: reading trip reports, and yours rocked! Lots of great description, humor, and pics...can't wait to see your next one! :goodvibes

I'm trying not to leave long gaps in between parts as I took a lot of pics and I want to keep everybody interested. Please leave comments, I like it when people pay attention to me!

100_2492.jpg

I was so hyped for that ride!!
100_2497.jpg

So what did I think, you ask? Well unlike some of my friends, I thought it was scary, I loved it though. The scariness was amazing. I definitely think if you don't like to be scared than you need to avoid the left hand side of the car. I loved what they did with the projections and would love to see some more amazing things like that in regular space mountain.

We rode it one more time afterwards since that picture got ruined and I wanted to buy my first SMGG pic. It was a redo pic.

smgg4.jpg

Upon entering the mansion I had to take a picture of my favorite hidden mickey in the attraction. As soon as you enter the foyer, there are candles on the wall. If you stand directly underneath them and look up, you will see a hidden mickey. Check this out!

100_2522.jpg

OMG!! I love Hidden Mickeys and did not know that was there! I even have the Hidden Mickey book! Thanks so much for sharing this! I will have to look next time we are there!!
Great Space pic too!

He wanted us to be ninjas for some reason. I am the fattest ninja ever!!!

100_2662.jpg

[/QUOTE]
Man I have yet to meet Maynard!! So cool!

Next, she brought out Chris's sundae.

100_2924.jpg

Great pics! Love the Hub one! Definitely one time my kids and I will have to try the kitchen sink!
Looks like you had a blast. Jack and Sally are great aren't they. We had a really fun Jack when I took my oldest son last Oct. Too bad they didn't have SMGG then. I so want to ride that!! Thanks for sharing your trip report!

James, I am finally, finally getting caught up on this epic TR, and I swear- every time I think I am nearing the end and that I have made great progress, the dang thing GROWS. It keeps sprouting pages - which lets me know it must be very popular.

Anyway, I am almost enjoying the running commentary by fellow DIS-ers as much I am the actual TR itself (JustAKid, where the heck were you when I needed your comments in my long TR??), but James and Chris, you are both adorable, you guys have a fabulous sense of humor and really know how to let loose, get silly and have fun! I love that. And James, you have a wonderful way of describing things with just enough detail and humor. I applaud you both for really throwing yourselves into the whole experience, getting up at the crack of dawn, taking pictures of anything and everything, hamming it up with characters - and the HUB PICTURE! I have to say - you did not disappoint with that one! That is the first time I have ever seen that 'pose' in a photo at Disneyland, but now that you have done it, I suspect it will catch on like wildfire and we will slowly start to see it pop up more and more. I swear, we had some of the most uninspired PhotoPass photographers in the history of PhotoPass photographers on the DLR trip we made a couple of weeks ago - with the exception of two of them who were really 'into' the whole process and made it fun. I even asked one of these PhotoPass duds, "So what do you want us to do? Point up, point down, look scared, hands on hips - what?" And he said, "Um....I don't know. I am confused.":lmao::lmao::lmao:

Anyway, this has been one rollicking Trip Report so far - I have many TRs to catch up on, but I am glad I made yours my second stop today!! James and Chris - great job!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Oh and by the way - OUTSTANDING Goofy's Kitchen pictures!!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 You know you don't have to sell me on GK. You are preaching to the choir there. But I think that having extensive, comprehsensive, detailed pictures to show other DIS-ers who are on the fence about whether or not to try GK is helpful. Basically, your photos of the buffet have made my GK argument for me, and I will now refer people to your TR to see those photos! I am sorry, but after 3 tries of the Critter breakfast, it just does not compare to GK in characters or in food for me. See, I disagree with you about the GK character interaction - we usually see about 7 characters, which, for our group, is fine when you have that wide an array of food to choose from. I can deal with having 5-7 characters if there is a kick-butt buffet like that. Now, at Minnie & Friends, because the reported food quality and variety is not quite on par with Goofy's, then I would expect to see tons of characters. But for me, no matter how much I love characters, I don't want to shell out money on a meal with questionable eggs or cold this or that, or un-fresh this or that. I would rather have fewer characters and a huge buffet to choose from.

I love ice cream, but I would have gotten ill 3 scoops into that Kitchen Sink. It is about $20, isn't it?

Again, excellent job, James & Chris! Can't wait to hear and read along with your take on the DLR holiday festivities in December!

Great Trip Report! I just read it from top to bottom. We're going in February and can't wait. Good job! It makes the wait a little better. :thumbsup2

I just spent an entire morning reading yr TR from start to finish, - now I REALLY need to get some work done!!
Great vicarious reading - we won 't be going back to DL until 2011, (its a long expensive trip from New Zealand:sad2:) so I have to get my DIS hit through TR's - and yours was just great.
LOVE the pics, love the food, and I'm sorry, but Chris IS adorable.
I hope my DSs will humour me when they're grown up and take their mom to DL - you're a gem!

Wow, it has been so long since I have been on the DIS. I did not even know I had new comments.

I'm so glad that you all enjoyed it. I will be starting a new one in just a few days.

Sherry, I'm flattered that you will be referring people to my TR for Goofy's kitchen pics. That was exactly the reason I made a point to take a picture of everything.

I am so excited about my little weekend trip coming up. My mother is really excited about going to hollywood and I cannot wait to see DLR at christmas.

Stay tuned for my upcoming trip report

I'm excited to see that you are starting a new trip report. I am planning a suprise first trip for my boys -dates unknown. I have read a few disneyworld trip reports, but yours is the first disneyland trip report I read. I really enjoyed the pics and your description.

I'm excited to see that you are starting a new trip report. I am planning a suprise first trip for my boys -dates unknown. I have read a few disneyworld trip reports, but yours is the first disneyland trip report I read. I really enjoyed the pics and your description.

Thank you very much! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed my TR and I am really happy to hear that it was the first DLR TR you read, I feel honored.

I am sitting here thinking of the things I need to do tomorow before I head to Disney on friday... I can't sleep.

Wow, it has been so long since I have been on the DIS. I did not even know I had new comments.

I'm so glad that you all enjoyed it. I will be starting a new one in just a few days.

Sherry, I'm flattered that you will be referring people to my TR for Goofy's kitchen pics. That was exactly the reason I made a point to take a picture of everything.

I am so excited about my little weekend trip coming up. My mother is really excited about going to hollywood and I cannot wait to see DLR at christmas.

Stay tuned for my upcoming trip report

Oh, I think your Goofy's Kitchen pictures are fabulous so it is my pleasure to refer people to your TR to see them. Plus, they are recent, which counts for a lot. In the past, I was referring folks to J.C.andAli'sMom's photos from GK because those were the most comprehensive that I had seen so far, but it helps a great deal to have very recent photos as a guideline because it seems that items in the GK buffet change periodically (or disappear, never to return). It's good to keep up to date.

Anyway, I am looking forward to your DLR holiday photos and TR when you get back! I hope you had a great time!

Well I lost track as we left for our trip as you were finishing your TR and then the holiday season ht and the beginning of the year, but I didn’t forget about ya :-D I’m just glad they didn’t lock down your TR before I could post! I remember on my WDW trip I posted the words “Final Thoughts” in my TR title and the thread was moved and locked a day later!

I can’t remember what I’ve commented on so I just read through it again – lol Hold on to your seat, I tend to get long-winded ;-D And I always put in the disclaimer that you don’t have to do a detailed reply because of the length of my reply – hehe.

Love the pics coming into DLH – such a magical feeling when you walk through that entryway. And I don’t know what it looked like before the remodel, but I sure like the way it looks now. We got those same red AAA lanyards from our trip :-D Great shot of you and the guys in front of Walt and Mickey. Nice set of afternoon rides for a Friday and I agree about the trippy factor of Winnie the Pooh.

Bummer about your IaSW boat being on the wrong side – both my mother and mother-in-law are in scooters so I know how that can be. But there is the plus of the handicapped line which can wash away the downside. Great smile from her after NBCHM. Great food pron and seating at Blue Bayou – score! Too bad about the argument, but you’re right – not everyone can have the Disney gene (I just joined a FB group called “Stop asking me why I keep going back to WDW” – lol)

Good MM start to Saturday and cool that you could let your mom get rest while y’all did the early morning thing. Glad you liked SMGG – bummer about the jerko on your ride pic. Good use of LGMHs for censoring him ;-] Good breakfast and great view of Tom Sawyer island while you ate. Nice hidden Mickey on the Mark Twain poster – I had no idea that was there. Good mix of DL & CA rides before picking up your mom. And I totally agree about the classic feel of riding the train. It was only operational the first day we were there so we made sure we took the whole loop and then some to get our fill of it.

Great lunch and cool dessert mugs. More fun rides and do you think it’s weird that they changed Jack’s mask? It used to be more round like it is in NBC, but now it looks more like a skull. Good day all around and you even got to take in Fantasmic!

2 MMs in a row – you guys are Disney Animals!!! I can’t believe how many times y’all are riding SMGG! More fun at CA and cool that you got to meet up with some friends and cool that she got to spend her b-day there …even if she does work there. Cool that you caught pics of a fairytale wedding with coach and all – I’ve never seen one live.

What, you don’t like Hopper and his spider friends in Bug’s Life? Ah well, we can’t all like the creepy crawleys. Nice shot of you and your mom by the “happily ever after” wall :-] Thanks for the hint on checking out Maynard in the Tiki Room on youtube. I hadn’t seen him either time we went and I can see that he sure adds something to the show. Loved his Jungle Cruise song too. Nice pics with him! Great dinner to end the evening for y’all.

On the post on Chris and Dan, it is always fun to see a n00b’s reaction to ToT …Hehehe. Sound like you hit the high points with Screamin’ and GRR and then Splash back in DL. The fireworks totally rock – loved them and hope they make them a yearly thing. SMGG again??? LOL, y’all are addicted to that thing! Nice finish with a walk on to the Matterhorn.

Nice pics on Screamin’ and ToT and cool that you got to meet back up with Brittany and her friends. Funny pics from the Lost Bar. We walked past that thing every day but I had the blinkin’ flu and didn’t get to enjoy and drinks the whole trip – arggghh!

Yeah, 7:30am “sleeping in”, right ;-] You guys really have some stamina for riding the big rides! Nice shot with Woody – there was no wait when we saw him either but my kids didn’t want a pic with him :P Great shot of the water coming off of the water wheel on TSI and with the gold – lol. Nice that you caught up with Jack and Sally too, although Sally looks a bit apathetic …or maybe that’s just her character.

ROFL! That is a fantastic hub pic – ya gotta make a poster out of that one! Too bad DL was so crowded, but the time at the Lost Bar looked like it was well spent. Great shot of non-drinking Chad ;D Good fun and food at ESPN too.

Last day as a Saturday, tricky. Falling asleep standing up not the best start either. Nice that the breakfast reses got you out past Main Street before rope drop. Great character shots in Minnie’s but I agree about the offerings being better at Goofy’s.

Looked like a nice time in Toontown and nice that your mom was cool with shopping while you guys hit some rides. Country Bear is missed – I was happy to have been able to see it at WDW in 2008 while we were there, hoaky but still lots of fun. Good finish in the park and I completely agree about staying at DLR. The location, the theming, the classic feel. It just rocks.

ROFL, I love the expression on the girl in front of you on Screamin’ – hilarious! Good Disney mojo getting to ride together via the single rider line on TSM :-D Good shots inside Monsters, Inc too. You really do have your timing right to be able to have caught as many “E ticket” rides as you did before they closed. Glad you got to see the fireworks again. I am almost to the point of my TR to show the pics I took of it. Again, just an amazing show.

Great sequencing shots of Chris trying to eat the sundae – wow! We love watching Man vs Food too, and yes, food wins a decent number of episodes. Nice supplement with the Goofy pics :-]

Love the pics of family, friend, characters, and food from Goofy’s Kitchen. I can’t believe you took pics of the entire buffet! Great trip overall and I’ll have to hunt down your Christmas trip TR now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter