2 year old that refuses masks at resort

The line has to be somewhere. CDC says that age is 2. WHO says 5, but only because they believe kids younger can't put them on correctly.
And the WHO is right, they can’t. So it’s a more reasonable “line”. Like I said, 2 is a baby especially before 2.5 so it’s just ridiculous.

And the WHO is right, they can’t. So it’s a more reasonable “line”. Like I said, 2 is a baby especially before 2.5 so it’s just ridiculous.

How often is a child under the age of 5 apt to be alone, dealing with their mask? And again, the line has to be somewhere. 2.5 is the line you would draw. The CDC doesn't agree.

How often is a child under the age of 5 apt to be alone, dealing with their mask? And again, the line has to be somewhere. 2.5 is the line you would draw. The CDC doesn't agree.
Which is ridiculous when world-wide the line is 5.

Not ridiculousl when the world wide line has only to do with the wearer's ability to put on the mask and has nothing to do with transmission rate.
If the wearer isn’t wearing it properly then it’s worthless so The Who gets that, but apparently the cdc doesn’t.

FYI I’m here now & have seen many many little kids definitely older than 2 not wearing masks & not one was has been told anything even with CMs right there. Adult mask-wearing has been about 100%. Saw one person getting off the land with it down & CM told her to put it on & she did & that was it.

I’m not looking for a debate, but long story short we can’t cancel our January trip since we have a DVC rental, and while I’m hopeful our 2 year old will come around to the idea of a mask in the next 4 months, we need to have an idea about our back up plan. We are traveling with grandparents, so we’ll have multiple adults who can take turns hanging in the room with the 2 year old while the older kids go to the park. This is our plan right now, but it dawned on me earlier, can we even go into the resort with the 2 year old if he is still ripping his mask off? Right now we cover him up in the stroller if he goes out. Just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar boat & what to expect at the resort?

edited to add, we’re staying at the BWV if that makes a difference with the interior hallways.
Yes, you'll be fine. You might have trouble trying to stay in the lobby or a shop, but you'll certainly be able to walk to your room etc. Hopefully it'll be earm enough and you all can hang zt the pool where masks aren't required.

There are several books on amazon and social story videos (a tool used to teach social skills for kids who autism but it works well for all kids) to teach kids why and how to wear a mask. I would do something at home to model what Disney will be like. A fun trip to the park or ice cream-you don't wear your mask-you stay home. Some kids will respond to that right away and others not at all.

Also, you should try slow gains. Put it on and then take it off right away. Then make a game to see if they can wear it for one minute and then increase the time. Then, you can add outings (while checking the mail outside or similar chores and build up to target or grocery runs). Avoid those long days and take them back for naps to avoid tantrums and the mask throwing.

Good luck.

Has anyone had experience with a 1 year old? They are not going to make her put it on to enter the park correct? She looks a little big, but she doesn't look 2. Just curious what they will make her do when entering the parks since that seems to be the most enforced area.

I think you have time to work on it. Like a pp stated, there are little stories on amazon ( i got some for free). My little one - who is older than yours but still under 5 - liked some other videos I found too. We worked at it and now she is great at wearing it. She even told a classmate not to put his back on when his fell on the floor- told him to wear a clean one! I spent a lot of time finding good masks with patterns she likes/ fave characters. it helps. Good luck and hope you have a safe and magical trip!!!

So my question is... I will be going in 2 weeks and my son will be 23 months. He is kinda tall for his age. On my Disney magic band / reservations I have his birthday 12/14/18. Will they just go by that or do I need proof of age? It was a last minute trip and we are driving down bc not enough time to get a birth certificate

So my question is... I will be going in 2 weeks and my son will be 23 months. He is kinda tall for his age. On my Disney magic band / reservations I have his birthday 12/14/18. Will they just go by that or do I need proof of age? It was a last minute trip and we are driving down bc not enough time to get a birth certificate

I've heard cast members ask how old kids are as families are walking up to the temp check. As long as you don't get annoyed by having to state his age a lot, you'll be fine. That said, nobody has asked us, and our son is 10 months old but very tall and wears 18m-2T clothes already.

edited again to add that a month later with advice from this thread, something clicked and now our 2 year old is wearing a mask like a champ! I'd definitely read through some of the ideas that were shared by others if you are struggling like we were.

That is GREAT! I'm so glad! I didn't get to read the ideas that were shared but I'm so glad it's working :D. Have a great trip!

Seriously? Forcing a little baby to wear a mask when they don't understand is absurd. My heart broke when my granddaughter said "I need to bweath." I don't care who I upset but the masks we wear have been scientifically proven not to work. Toddlers are also not at high risk. Believe me, I have listened to the scientists and a group of scientists even pleaded on the steps of Washington only to be disregarded. I am getting really sick of this. I know this will be deleted but, I am so tired of children being dragged into our nonsense. Especially when politically charged mandates effect little babies.

I force my baby to wear hats, shoes, and bibs he doesn't understand. Oh, also diapers. He hates those.
Do they ever throw off the hat, shoes, or bib? I know my kids do. So I think that's the issue that many people are having. My youngest loves taking off her shoes and socks in the stroller. And before everyone gets mad at me, yes, we are considering changing our plans for April if she can't wear a mask and 2 year olds are still expected to at all times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter