20040525 Dvc Member Homecoming! (updated 5/6, PLEASE READ THE FIRST POST!)--INDEXED

Hello everyone!

I'm pretty new to this board but not to DVC. I feel like I've been sleeping under a rock! Where have I been? I'm so glad to finally find a whole bunch of people going to MH. I was beginning to get worried that the turnout wasn't going to be good.

Hubby (Eric) and I (Tracey) will be attending. We have not received our tickets yet. :( I've read alot of the posts here but not all. It seems DVC is setting everyone up for a tour at specific times on either May 25 or 26 but aren't they the days we have the 2 park hoppers for? Why would DVC cut into park time for a tour? Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, did anyone get a pin with their package in the mail?

Someone previously posted to wear a lanyard and DVC shirts, etc? I don't have a DVC shirt or hat, should I buy one prior?

Thanks for everyone's help and I also want to attend the DIS meet. How do I sign up for that? Boy, I'm just a questioning fool today huh? LOL

Hi bellenbeast,

Yes, it looks as if the Member Update is either on Tues or Wednesday which are the two days we would be using our park hopper tickets. My guess as to why it was scheduled one of those two days is because that also is the days of the Member Homecoming Events. There might be people only coming down for those specific days, so if DVC scheduled it for Monday or Friday those people would miss out.

No, we did not get a pin with the tickets. My take on the "bring your pin trading lanyard" is that maybe some of the give aways will be pins. No one is expected to wear DVC clothing - if you have it wear it, but don't feel obligated to have to wear it. I only have the DVC Jacket and I'm hoping that I will not need to wear it :smooth: DH has DVC shirts and I'm sure he will wear his. If I see something at the resort as far as a DVC shirt I might buy one, but any time I have tried to get something for myself, the supply was VERY limited. I'm sure as with other Member Update meetings there will be lots of hats and things given out, so maybe you might get lucky and get a hat!!!!

The Dis meet is explained on the first page of this post (Tuesday 3 PM). MarkRG and his wife WDWLVR are making the plans and the buttons. PM him and let him know that you are coming - I'm sure they will already know after reading your post :teeth:

Ask away with any questions you have!!

Looking forward to meeting you and your husband.

Gail

<b>Pat</b>, You might want to try emailing MS to get your time changed. No one called me back (I guess the 1 CM taking care of everything is too busy;) ). I emailed today. I'll let you know when I hear back from them.

Greetings!

After 3 twelve hour days of driving, we are now in our new home in Chandler, Arizona! And after 2 days of wrangling with Cox Internet, I'm back on-line. Since our move was scheduled smack dab in the middle of MH Ticket Shipping Season, we gave MS our change of address. When we got here late Sunday night, there was a FedEx note on our door. Our apartment complex will sign for packages, so Monday morning we got our package - MH Tickets! Woo Hoo!

2 Tickets to Magic
2 2-Day Park Hpr w/1PR or DQ
Member Update/Preview Tour: Tuesday, may 25, 2004 10AM

Now that this move is over (well, sort of over - our stuff arrives in a few days) we can start to get all geeked about MH - and the meet! See you all there!

Erick

Glad you made it to your new home! Good luck unpacking your boxes. We moved 6 years ago, and still have plenty of them in the garage! Don't work too hard though... keep up your strength so you have some energy for your trip to your DVC home... 3 weeks and counting :bounce:

HELP!!!!

I am trying to change it and I am getting the run around - I called MS twice they say they would have Jackie call me - so I emailed MS they told me to call MS......

WHEN anyone got their time changed who did they call or email - to I need a name.......

Pat, I called MS, got a hold of Jackie. She said I could only change to the same day and 10:00am was open. That is the time most of us have.....

Good Luck....I am sure Jackie is quite the busy person right now.....

:bounce:

thanks - so very much - Jackie called me back - I got the 10:00am too - so I will see everyone at the early meet!!!!

oh she say that we would get the quick and casual meals coupons for the Mk and Epcot????

also that all transportation would be provided - so no matter where you are staying on WDW property - transportation will be provided....

Anyone else staying cheap at the Pop Century????

Do you think Jackie is beginning to wonder why people don't want the 3pm time slot on Tuesday? :D

I actually explained it fairly thoroughly to her, whether she remembers or not...

I told her that we had a meet scheduled then with some internet friends. We were meeting before it started at Epcot.....

:bounce:

Hi all!

I am going to try to wrap up everything for the trip by THIS weekend if I can. I will for sure by the 15th, next Saturday.

IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD FROM ME,CHECK YOUR PM BOX!

Click HERE to go to the pm box

The new and improved contact list
This is a list of everyone that I have fully confirmed contact with.
If you do not see your forum name, or, the name of someone in your party in this list, AND you are not in PM contact with me, you need to do so NOW.

• #1Mouse
    arminnie
    BCVOwner2002
    bonzie1
    bridgemanva
    burnsoc
    cgcw
    cherylp3
    Dave M
    debs96
    disney4me4ever
    Disneyaholic
    DrTomorrow
    dvcreg
    iluvdisney
    KarenNY
    LIFERBABE
    MinnieMeg
    Msteg
    NJmouse
    ohanafamily
    Patsy1969
    scrappy910
    spiceycat
    torismom
    wdwstar

i have over 50 buttons made, we're going to have a good crowd! :)

And, FYI, there is a section on the new DVC Member Website on Member Homecoming, go read it, it is very interesting.

I got the call back from MS- I'm set for 10AM Tues. I'll see you all there.

Wee!!! It's getting very close! Now, some things.

First of all I really would appreciate a PM response from everyone.

Even if it is a no, I will not be offended at all.

I would feel much better knowing one way or the other on everyone, than making guesses.

IF YOUR NAME OR THE NAME OF SOMEONE IN YOUR PARTY IS NOT IN THE LIST IN THE FIRST POST YOU NEED TO PM ME NOW! Can't stress that enough.

Click here to go to your PM box

I am absolutely wrapping up all meet functions as of the 15th, next Saturday.

Now, also, tomorrow night at 8pm Eastern is DVC chat! Feel free to join us for some chatter about DVC, Disney and whatever else we think of as we go along. :chat:

Live Chat with DVC mods Every Sunday Night (click here)

We are so looking forward to spending some time down at WDW and meeting up with old friends and making some new ones!

HI ALL!!!!

Don't forget about DVC chat tonight, if you can drag yourself away from Survivor or Harry Potter. ;)

I'm currently in the process of scanning the ticket packet (I WILL NOT post scans of the actual ticket until we get back) and I noticed something. Make sure you remove the shrinkwrapping from the tickets! Didn't notice it till I looked really close at them.

It's getting closer! I'm so looking forward to a trip and the hear the words "Welcome Home" again!

This is going to be fun, fun, fun!:Pinkbounc

Mary - I was just coming to post the same thing. We leave for WDW one week from today!

Those of you who sailed on the SS Member Cruise - don't forget your blue t-shirts. We'd like to see if everyone could wear them on Tuesday. It will be a great show to DVC on how much we love these events (and the fact that they have repeaters).

I'm so looking forward to seeing eveyone we sailed with again as well as meeting all the new people who have signed up.

This is going to be a great party!

The countdown is on. We leave one week from tomorrow. Best part is.........we were planning on driving down, but we decided yesterday to fly instead. Now we just have to find a place to stay Saturday night since we will be in Orlando and not on the road.

Hey Mary, should we wear our Cruise shirts to the Member update also or just to the DIS meet?

Gail

Hi Gail!

We're planning on wearing ours the entire day, thru the member update at 10am, the meet, and the first night of MH.

We're still driving. You can wave as you fly over us :p

Gail - I guess I won't be looking for you and John on the road down. See ya at MH!!!

Ok, I just had to get posting here to see my countdown clock! We're flying from NJ on Sunday May 23. This is our first member homecoming event although we've been DVC members since 2000. Does anyone know what the itinerary is at Saratoga Springs on Thursday? I know it says 10-2 but was wondering if we'd miss anything special if we were late or left early.

Can't wait to get there!:cloud9: princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter