• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2008 - C25K program :) WELCOME!!

A skunk! I have no idea what I would do if that happened to me! My parents dog got sprayed by one recently and the smell was the worst thing ever!

Way to go on your week 7 runs. Even if you were a bit slower, it is so amazing how well you are doing in such a short time!

I did week 5 day 3 today!!! :cool1: And I didn't even feel like I was going to die. I remembered what I had read earlier in this thread and slowed it way down. I actually think I could have gone longer but I didn't want to push it.

I did the shred about 20 minutes after my run which may not have been the smartest move as it was so hard to do but that way I got both my workouts done in the morning and didn't have to dirty two sets of gym clothes :thumbsup2

Congrats on getting through your week 5 run. That's fantastic!

I've done the double dose a few times too. I've gone for my run, and then headed out to my Zumba class. I'm always completely beat after that.

I'm hoping to get my third run in tomorrow morning, but they are calling for rain early, so I'm not sure I'll be able to do it. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.

I finally got around to running my W7D3 run today. I was lazy over the weekend, and didn't run at all. I tried, really, but I just couldn't drag myself out of bed early to go for a run. I don't know what it was this weekend. I even was going to bed early, but was feeling completely exhausted. :confused3

My run this morning was pretty easy. I'm definitley ready to bump up my time next week. I was again, running really slowly, but I'm getting through the runs with no problem. I did try to speed it up a bit at the end. I sped up a bit when I hit the half way point, and then a bit more for the last minute or so.

Once I'm done with the program, I'm going to focus on working up a bit of speed. I think I'm runing about 2 miles, once you take away my warm-up and cool down walks, so I still have a bit to go before I'm running 3 miles. The curse of being slow I guess.

Good morning everyone!

I have been totally stuck on week 4. I run once a week and then somehow find excuses not to run the rest of the week. I probably started Week 4 3-4 times! I have not been out at all for two weeks now ... so I stepped back to Week 3 and ran that today. It went great :woohoo:. So, now I am psyched at re-finishing Week 3 and going into Week 4 on a roll.

Good morning everyone!

I have been totally stuck on week 4. I run once a week and then somehow find excuses not to run the rest of the week. I probably started Week 4 3-4 times! I have not been out at all for two weeks now ... so I stepped back to Week 3 and ran that today. It went great :woohoo:. So, now I am psyched at re-finishing Week 3 and going into Week 4 on a roll.

I know how you feel, except I'm stuck on week 3. The thought of running for more the 3 minutes scares the daylights out of me!:scared1: I am happy that I can go for the 3 minutes, but I am always glad to get to the end. When I first began to train, jogging for even a minute was tough.

Just wondering, how does everyone here make the decision to move on?

I did week 6, Day 1 on Saturday and I found it harder than week 5, day 3 but I will go forward and do day 2 tomorrow.

I think you shouldn't move on if you are unable to complete one week... but not because you are afraid you won't be able to do it :) Our minds are very powerful so you must believe that you CAN DO IT, and you will!

Good morning everyone!

Sounds good! You should be all set to try week 4 now.

I know how you feel, except I'm stuck on week 3. The thought of running for more the 3 minutes scares the daylights out of me!:scared1: I am happy that I can go for the 3 minutes, but I am always glad to get to the end. When I first began to train, jogging for even a minute was tough.

Just wondering, how does everyone here make the decision to move on?

I haven't really repeated any runs. As long as I was able to get to the end of the run I was on, I'd give the next run a try. So far I've been able to get through all of them. Some of they have been rough, but the bad runs have been followed usually by good ones.

As long as you can get through the 3 minute runs, give the next week a try. the worst thing that could happen is that you can't make it. Best thing... you find out it wasn't as bad as you thought.

I did week 6, Day 1 on Saturday and I found it harder than week 5, day 3 but I will go forward and do day 2 tomorrow.

I think you shouldn't move on if you are unable to complete one week... but not because you are afraid you won't be able to do it :) Our minds are very powerful so you must believe that you CAN DO IT, and you will!

W6D1 was a horrible run for me. I don't know why it seemed so much harder than just running 20 minutes, but I had a rough time with it. Day 2 didn't seem nearly as bad.

Good morning!

Week 6, Day 2 is done! I was a little worried going in because my knee was a bit sore from the 30 day shred. I think I might have to skip the shredding today and do pilates instead.... It sucks when your body just doesn't want to keep up with the workouts!

Congrats on getting through the run. Rest that knee if it's bothering you a bit! You don't want to end up making it worse.

Just had to post! I DID IT! I made it through week 4 today. Now, granted, since it was pouring outside, I did it on the TM, and that probably made things a little easier, but nevertheless, I made it through those two 5 minute runs! Thanks to everyone here for your encouragement.:thumbsup2

Just had to post! I DID IT! I made it through week 4 today. Now, granted, since it was pouring outside, I did it on the TM, and that probably made things a little easier, but nevertheless, I made it through those two 5 minute runs! Thanks to everyone here for your encouragement.:thumbsup2

That's wonderful! Congratulations!!

I didn't do my run this morning. I had my alarm set, but when it went off I just couldn't get up. I was feeling horrible this morning, and just couldn't drag myself out of bed. I've been feeling really draggy and exhausted for about 2 weeks now, but this was the worst day by far. I've been trying to get extra rest, but obviously it's not helping much.

I'm hoping I'm able to get a run in tonight.

Way to go MaryJ!!!!! I knew you could do it!

How is everyone else doing?

I bailed on Week6 Day 3 yesterday, the baby woke me up really early and I just was dragging all day. I actually didn't exercise at all which is not common for me since I have become some what good about doing at least one thing daily...

But today I did it! I ran for 25 freaking minutes without stopping! And I even bumped up the speed just a smidge for the last half! Wooo Hooo! :cool1:

The last 6 minutes were the hardest but I made it!!!

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Congratulations! That's wonderful.

I haven't done any runs since Monday. I haven't been feeling very well, and figured it would be better to just get some rest.

Congratulations! That's wonderful.

I haven't done any runs since Monday. I haven't been feeling very well, and figured it would be better to just get some rest.

I hope you are feeling better soon! Listen to your body and take the rest it needs :thumbsup2

Ok, so today I was supposed to do Week 7, Day 2 but while I was on the treadmill I was feeling good and decided to keep running a bit longer. I did 30 minutes!!! Woo Hoo!!! :banana:

I am still nowhere near 3 miles... I probably could have gone for a longer time but I kept bumping up the speed to try to get to 3 miles. I think I ran about 2.5 in 30 minutes.... I am sure the speed will come in time.

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Elute, congrats on the 30 minutes! That's wonderful.

After taking a week off of running, I ran my W8D1 run on Monday, and it was rough! I definitely could tell that I had been off for a week. Yesterday I ran my day 2 for this week, and it was a bit easier. The humidity outside was horrible though, even at 5am. I wanted to quit nearly as soon as I started. I was happy when I got through it though. If it wasn't for the humidity, I think I could have gone longer.

I started feeling a cold coming on once I got home, and it got progressively worse over the course of the day. Today I'm just feeling fuzzy and icky so I'm glad today is not a running today. Hopefully tomorrow morning I'll be feeling good enough to go for my morning run.

Hello there. I just started the C25K program this week. I'm going to have to do Wk 1 again, but last night was the third day and I finally made it all the way through the workout. I have never been a runner, and I'm really really out of shape, but I was so proud that I finished it!

I am having an issue with pain in my calves. I have new running shoes, so hopefully it's not that. I did stretch more before the run yesterday, and it took longer to hurt, but once I got home it was awful! It's better today, so hopefully it'll be okay when I head out again tomorrow, but OUCH! That, more than the running, has been my biggest challenge so far.

I'm hoping to run in whatever fall event they trot out for 2010, as we're going in October. I saw the thread that they're getting rid of the TOT and the Race for the Taste and instead having one larger themed race. I'd love to run in a Disney 1/2 marathon. So, I'm crossing my fingers and wishing they trot out a Pirates of the Caribbean themed 1/2! pirate:

Hello there. I just started the C25K program this week. I'm going to have to do Wk 1 again, but last night was the third day and I finally made it all the way through the workout. I have never been a runner, and I'm really really out of shape, but I was so proud that I finished it!

I am having an issue with pain in my calves. I have new running shoes, so hopefully it's not that. I did stretch more before the run yesterday, and it took longer to hurt, but once I got home it was awful! It's better today, so hopefully it'll be okay when I head out again tomorrow, but OUCH! That, more than the running, has been my biggest challenge so far.

I'm hoping to run in whatever fall event they trot out for 2010, as we're going in October. I saw the thread that they're getting rid of the TOT and the Race for the Taste and instead having one larger themed race. I'd love to run in a Disney 1/2 marathon. So, I'm crossing my fingers and wishing they trot out a Pirates of the Caribbean themed 1/2! pirate:

Congrats on starting the program! I had never run before starting the program either. It's amazing that it actually works.

Be sure you do some good stretching after your workouts as well. I've read that stretching afterwards is actually more important than before hand with running since the muscles are warmed up then. It's probably just a reaction to the new exercise. You may need to leave an extra day or so between your workouts until your body adjusts.

I'm hoping for pirate 1/2 too. While I'm tentatively running the princess 1/2 in March, I'm definitely running a fall race in Disney. I had been planning on the ToT, but a pirate race would be even better. Hopefully I'll get to see you there!

Well I finally did it. I did my first run of W9 this week. I ran for 30 minutes straight! :banana::banana: Woo Hoo! Me! I never thought I would actually be able to run for 30 minutes straight.

I had been in a bit of a runners funk. Before this morning I hadn't run for nearly 2 weeks. Last week I kept setting my alarm to get up for my run, and then I'd hit snooze in my sleep and wake up an hour later at my normal, non-running morning times. I couldn't shake it all week. Even this weekend I couldn't manage to drag myself out of bed. I'm guessing my body was just trying to tell me something, and that it needed some recovery time from the cold I had caught the week before. I don't think the humidity was helping either.

It felt wonderful running this morning. Since I hadn't run in so long, I went at a fairly slow pace to be sure I'd be able to do it, but I did try to speed up a bit over the last 6 minutes or so. (Believe me speed is a subjective term here too. No one is ever going to be calling me speedy.) I didn't really have any issues this morning with breathing or tiredness. Nice! I did notice that during the week I missed, the sun is coming up much later. Nearly 1/4 of my run happened while it was still dark out. A good reminder that it won't be long before my entire run is in the dark. I need to pick up some kind of reflective vest so I don't get mowed down, although at 5am there really aren't many cars around.

I still have 2 more runs with the regular C25K program, but I'll be hanging around at least until I'm actually able to run a 5k distance. My distance today with my 5 min walk and cool down was 2.65 miles, so I have awhile to go before I'm running 3 miles.

Way to go! We are so proud of you!!!! It WILL get easier. I promise :thumbsup2

Well I finally did it. I did my first run of W9 this week. I ran for 30 minutes straight! :banana::banana: Woo Hoo! Me! I never thought I would actually be able to run for 30 minutes straight.

Yippee!!!! :banana: That is awesome! Doesn't it feel amazing????

As for me, I have just been working on increasing my running time...today I thought I had been going longer so I slowed to a walk but realized it was 31 minutes and I still had a bit of energy so I walked for a minute and then ran for another 5. I think I ran for about 3 miles but walked for a minute in between so I won't count it :P

My family are all marathon runners and I never understood why they did it. Now I sort of get it... it is addictive :rotfl: I still haven't told them I have started running. Maybe once I am running a bit further each time (or a lot faster lol)

Would you believe that I will be in the world right around the ToT but am leaving the day before????? I didn't know when we booked it. I would have loved to run it. But now I feel badly making everyone change their plans for me.

I have a slightly sore knee. I was playing hopscotch with the kiddos and landed on it funny. Doesn't seem to affect my running too much but I haven't been able to do my 30 day shred video :( Hopefully it gets better quickly and I don't have to stop running!!!

Anyway, keep up the great work!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter