• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2008 - C25K program :) WELCOME!!

Thanks, it felt great this morning. I wish there was a race going on when I'm down there, but there is nothing going on in December. I'm just going to keep working for March, hoping I can go.

I just found this post and very excited! I am a newbie to running. I always told myself that I just couldn't run. My husband has become a runner over the last several years and tried to get me to run as well. I always had some excuse.

I have run one race in my lifetime and it was the Disney 5K at Animal Kingdom 2009. My husband ran the full marathon and so I decided that I was going to sign up for the 5K. Of course my plan was to train for the 5K but ended up just showing up and did combination of jogging and walking. However, following the marathon and getting caught up in the excitement of the experience with my husband, I decided that I really wanted to start running and try the 1/2 marathon in 2010. I signed up (so that would force me to start training) and began my training 3 weeks ago.

I feel great! I really do see myself being able to do this (eventually). I am using a plan very similar to C25K. It is based on the same gradual build of run/walk. I am training right now on a treadmill due to the upper 90 degree weather with near 100 percent humidity. I can tell I have improved everytime I get on the treadmill. I look forward to the posts on this thread and the words of encouragement and support! Happy running!:banana:

I just found this post and very excited! I am a newbie to running. I always told myself that I just couldn't run. My husband has become a runner over the last several years and tried to get me to run as well. I always had some excuse.

I have run one race in my lifetime and it was the Disney 5K at Animal Kingdom 2009. My husband ran the full marathon and so I decided that I was going to sign up for the 5K. Of course my plan was to train for the 5K but ended up just showing up and did combination of jogging and walking. However, following the marathon and getting caught up in the excitement of the experience with my husband, I decided that I really wanted to start running and try the 1/2 marathon in 2010. I signed up (so that would force me to start training) and began my training 3 weeks ago.

I feel great! I really do see myself being able to do this (eventually). I am using a plan very similar to C25K. It is based on the same gradual build of run/walk. I am training right now on a treadmill due to the upper 90 degree weather with near 100 percent humidity. I can tell I have improved everytime I get on the treadmill. I look forward to the posts on this thread and the words of encouragement and support! Happy running!:banana:

Congrats for signing up for the 1/2! That's fantastic. I still need to sign up for my first 5k!

Hi davis1334! Another somewhat newbie here too. Sounds like you've got the racing bug, from what I understand that's a great motivator. :thumbsup2 Look forward to hearing more about your journey.

Hey everybody. Guess what? I ran 5K today!!!! :banana:

I am so happy!!! I just can't stop smiling :woohoo: :woohoo:

It took me 35 minutes and 30 seconds.

The couch to 5K program really works!

Hope everyone else is doing great.

Hey everybody. Guess what? I ran 5K today!!!! :banana:

I am so happy!!! I just can't stop smiling :woohoo: :woohoo:

It took me 35 minutes and 30 seconds.

The couch to 5K program really works!

Hope everyone else is doing great.

Congratulations! That's fantastic, and that's a great time too! :banana:

I am so bummed:sad2:...I was so excited and motivated working the C25K program and was feeling good about it! Then I got sick. The last 2-3 days I have felt terrible :sick:. It is my sinuses. Just when I think I am beginning to get better I start feeling bad again. I want to run so badly but know I can't. I see my husband leave every day to run and I want to go. Can't wait to feel better so I can start training again.

I am so bummed:sad2:...I was so excited and motivated working the C25K program and was feeling good about it! Then I got sick. The last 2-3 days I have felt terrible :sick:. It is my sinuses. Just when I think I am beginning to get better I start feeling bad again. I want to run so badly but know I can't. I see my husband leave every day to run and I want to go. Can't wait to feel better so I can start training again.

Try not to be so hard on yourself. I've been going through the same thing myself lately. The humidity has been playing havoc with my sinus and asthma, and I haven't really been able to get out at all. You'll be back out there again before you know it.

Well today was my last official day of the C25K program. It was my W9D3 run. My past two runs have been really tough because of the humidity. Monday I wanted to quit just about the same time I started running. :rotfl2: Today it was feeling like I had 50 lb. weights on my legs. I'm hoping the humidity breaks, and the runs get a bit better. Right now I'm really dragging out there.

I'm deciding were I want to go from here. Right now I'm just going to focus on improving my speed, and strengthening my legs. Even though I'm running 30 minutes, I'm still not at a 5K distance, so to actually do a 5k distance is my first goal.

If I sign up for the princess 1/2 marathon (which I want to do) I'll have until the end of November before I have to start the 14 week training program for it.

Still I'm thrilled that I actually made it through this program! :banana: Me, unathletic, overweight, former gym class skipper me. I really feel like I've achieved something. It feel good to be able to say that I did this, and I didn't give up. It's why I really want to do the 1/2 now. And for anyone thinking of trying this program, do it! If I can run for 30 minutes, anyone can.

I have started the Couch to 5k program as well. I am going to go through all the trainings on the website, from C25k to advanced marathon. I have plotted it out. It will take through February 9, 2015, but I am determined and focused to do it, and am writing about it as I go to chart my progress. Good Luck to everyone with their training.

Welcome! That's fantastic that you have it all mapped out. It's amazing how well the program works.

For myself I finally decided on my next plan of attack. I'm going to register for a 5k race at the end of October, and am going to follow Hal Higdon's beginner plan to get ready for it. It starts with runs of 1.5 miles and works up to the full distance. I think the fact that it focuses on miles not time will be the best way for me to prepare for the race.

By the time that is done, I'll have a few weeks before I'll be starting the 1/2 marathon training.

Well today was my last official day of the C25K program. It was my W9D3 run. My past two runs have been really tough because of the humidity. Monday I wanted to quit just about the same time I started running. :rotfl2: Today it was feeling like I had 50 lb. weights on my legs. I'm hoping the humidity breaks, and the runs get a bit better. Right now I'm really dragging out there.

I'm deciding were I want to go from here. Right now I'm just going to focus on improving my speed, and strengthening my legs. Even though I'm running 30 minutes, I'm still not at a 5K distance, so to actually do a 5k distance is my first goal.

If I sign up for the princess 1/2 marathon (which I want to do) I'll have until the end of November before I have to start the 14 week training program for it.

Still I'm thrilled that I actually made it through this program! :banana: Me, unathletic, overweight, former gym class skipper me. I really feel like I've achieved something. It feel good to be able to say that I did this, and I didn't give up. It's why I really want to do the 1/2 now. And for anyone thinking of trying this program, do it! If I can run for 30 minutes, anyone can.

Congratulations -- this is fantastic!

I'm also doing the C25K for the October ToT 5K, but also with an eye for the Princess half marathon.

Wow, been a while since anyone's posted. I'm guilty too. So how's everyone doing? I had to repeat week 3 for 4 weeks. Job kept getting in the way and I thought I should do all three days in the week before progressing onto w4. Did W4D1 yesterday. I haven't run for 5 minutes straight since before my first child. DD15 didn't understand what the big deal was, but I was ecstatic anyway! Hope everyone's doing well.

Wow, been a while since anyone's posted. I'm guilty too. So how's everyone doing? I had to repeat week 3 for 4 weeks. Job kept getting in the way and I thought I should do all three days in the week before progressing onto w4. Did W4D1 yesterday. I haven't run for 5 minutes straight since before my first child. DD15 didn't understand what the big deal was, but I was ecstatic anyway! Hope everyone's doing well.

That's fantastic. I've been working on Hal Higdon's 5k program. I'm in week 4 right now. It starts with 1.5 mile runs, so it's not an off the couch program. I don't know if it's the changing weather, or the shorter days, but I've been battling a case of exhaustion and work-out blahs for a few weeks now. I'm not enjoying the fact that pretty much whenever I run now is in the darkness. Yuck! I've skipped my last 4 runs/cross-training sessions, although I did make it to my yoga class last night. I usually get this way this time of year so I'm thinking it may be a bit of a seasonal disorder.

Hoping to battle my way through this soon, and get back to enjoying my exercising.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter