2009 Prices a little over the edge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuburnJen92

DIS Veteran
This is not going to stop me from going, but I about spit coke all over the computer screen and the phone when I was talking to the ressie line and they told me that not only did they ONLY have JUST premium sites available for next July (I know, I know, they aren't all available yet), but that they are $98 freaking dollars a night! Come on! I don't need their stinkin cable! I was about to tell them that my MH was going to dry camp in the 2000 loop. They had better have some darn tootin good AAA discounts soon!

You can get a value room for that. I guess Disney is trying to push the price envelope as far as they can.

This is not going to stop me from going, but I about spit coke all over the computer screen and the phone when I was talking to the ressie line and they told me that not only did they ONLY have JUST premium sites available for next July (I know, I know, they aren't all available yet), but that they are $98 freaking dollars a night! Come on! I don't need their stinkin cable! I was about to tell them that my MH was going to dry camp in the 2000 loop. They had better have some darn tootin good AAA discounts soon!

I paid close to $100 during peak/holiday season back in 2007 for just a full hook up. That included taxes and $5/day pet fee.

This Oct/Nov with the AAA discount we're down to around $38 before taxes and doggie fee.

Larry

That's what it's costing us for April, 2009 nightly...$98. Yikes. Hoping when the actual rates come out in Aug. it's better...also had to do a premium site versus preferred. Don't expect any AP discount or FL resident discount to be applicable due to that time of the year (spring/Easter).
I'm holding off until the Aug. rate release to book our week in June '09. Plus, I prefer to reserve via the internet which can't be done yet. Wonder if I should just bite the bullet and do it now as so many are having trouble getting accomodations (full 14 months out per other threads?)

I got two words for disney..................

racking brain (dangerous I know) but I decided the two words must be...bite me!?

you're close...

I wanted to get my foot in the door so to speak because of the renovations and such, but man, l might just have to go to a state park or something else if I can't find a discount of some kind...

I was kvetching about this year's rates and got close to $300 off our stay from AAA when their discount kicked in, but geesh, those rates are what they are charging for the holiday season this year! I just think it is getting out of hand. They have paid for FW over and over again so many times you can't count that high...I guess they want to make their renovation money back in one year...:confused:

The gal on the reservation line did say that the $98 nightly rate could only go down after they announced the official rate in Aug. I almost responded with a timely "well, duh" but I just left it alone. I think I'll call tomorrow and get my June dates, for like you I want to get my foot in the door.

The gal on the reservation line did say that the $98 nightly rate could only go down after they announced the official rate in Aug. I almost responded with a timely "well, duh" but I just left it alone. I think I'll call tomorrow and get my June dates, for like you I want to get my foot in the door.

I have a hard time believing that honestly, however, if they want to keep those rates, the 4th of July '09 GG is going elsewhere.

I paid close to $100 during peak/holiday season back in 2007 for just a full hook up. That included taxes and $5/day pet fee.

This Oct/Nov with the AAA discount we're down to around $38 before taxes and doggie fee.

Larry

Yes, I understand paying that during the holiday season, but I just stayed in FW for the 4th and paid close to $40 cheaper per night. Cable just isn't worth that.

Wow, at this rate, it will be more economical to use my DVC points to stay there instead of cash. Disney needs a good kick in the butt and for people to cancel. they need to experience hard times before they're going to do anything. I can get a value with an AP rate and fly cheaper than staying at the fort and paying the gas to get there. i am wondering if they're going to increase pass prices. did you see universal's 7 day pass for $89? any nice campgrounds around universal?

People can think what they will about the way M. Eisner ran Disney, and I sure don't agree with some of the things he did. But he spent his duration at Disney (for the most part) building Disney up to where it is today. Granted, he did stick it to us on the $$. But it shore-nuff looks to me like B. Iger to trying take Disney apart very hard and quickly.And I'm talk'n everything Disney, not just the Fort. Seems he can't take things away from us fast enough or raise the $$ high enough.
I really see NO logic in his madness an methods.

MHOOBY

I had to pay a deposit of 101.something for the end of April 2009, go figure :rolleyes: And it says on my res. that the price may go up...this was for a prefered site not premium, and it was not during any type of holiday. :mad:

Not to mention 5.00 extra a day for the dog...how greedy is that really.

This was a res. for three people, that is just plain nuts. :rolleyes2

I know what you mean. For the first time in my son's life, they put him as an adult...now we go several times a year...he is in their system everywhere as a child. They tacked on 2 extra dollars a day for him, which I pitched a fit about. I actually said to the guy, "Unless you know how a 4 year old can age 14 years in one calendar year, you had better take that off!" He, of course, apologized, but still, I had to fork over 110 dollars for the deposit. I guess I am going to go and bend the manager of FW's ear some more when I am there during the LDGG.

You all need to do a protest convoy up to Kellys Island for a week, $37.00 a night full hookup and you can go cartin' around the whole island :banana: great beach (no sharks :rotfl: ) and some awsome fishing. Take the Jet Express over to Put in Bay for the block long bar.

I personally think that the campground price should be for a family of lets say 6 regardless of age, charging extra for an extra adult is nuts in my book, people may say it's just two dollars but if you want to stay two or three weeks it really adds up :chat:

They charge more if you have kids..... for $111 that's not all inclusive.

I have 2 more words for disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter