2009 Prices a little over the edge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm not sure where DVC fits in - Bobby don't talk to me. :lmao:

I'm not even sure if that report is accurate - I think Disney is feeling it though.

Gee, maybe we'll go back to the days when Disney appreciated repeat guests instead of taking them for granted.

I don't feel a bit sorry for the bean counters at Disney. :mad:

I found a two-day admission pass from our October 2003 trip here in the desk drawer where the computer is. No park hopping, etc, just a plain ol' 2-day pass. It was $99 plus tax. Today that same ticket costs me $139 plus tax (a 40.4% increase for those of you scoring at home).

The Consumer Price Index, which is a general measure of inflation, went up 18% over the same time period. So the dweebs in the Marketing Department or the Finance Department (and trust me, working for the size company I do, I know the type of dweebs in Marketing and Finance) have been jacking up prices more than twice as fast.

I don't believe that Disney will cut any prices in tickets, rooms, or dining REALLY. Let's face it, the DDP/"Free Dining" program has been the death of quality meal experiences across the board at WDW. Now it's simply feeding the masses some bland food....

The best I can realistically hope for is smaller annual price increases (or no price increases) for tickets, rooms, and dining for the next few years to bring prices more in line.

Disney has been sticking it to us in good times little by little but when the bottom drops out a little will they follow? To ftwilderness guy/Jim's point, they had an opportunity to build (even more) loyalty to frequent guests through a variety of means and chose instead to skip that in favor of higher profits.

Actions have consequences and elephants have long memories (Roll Tide Roll)! pirate:

Bama ED

If Ft. Wilderness remains at $98 plus tax for next July 4th week I am seriously thinking of changing our plans. I was planning on spending the entire week at Ft. Wilderness as we did this year, but if the prices don't settle back down to more reasonable rates, then I will fall back on plan "B" an combine a trip to Disney with another trip I was planning for next year and take the family to Washington D.C. for a few days prior to the 4th and then swing by home to pick up the golf cart and head down to Ft. Wilderness for an extended weekend instead of the entire week. I'd rather save $50/night and put that toward a trip to the Nation's Capital and give the kids an educational experience than "waste" it at the Ft.

Michael Eisner where are you!

So by these prices is 1981 when they quit the paper tickets for each ride?

WE have a DISboards name for Bobby.

Born 2 Rob all goofy campers :lmao:

I don't like that they up the prices, but everyone in the world ups their prices. I'll just live with it, deal with it, and if I don't like it enough, I won't go. Can't spend too much time fretting over it, I'm not going to change anything.

Gas is higher, food is higher, electricity is higher, campsites are higher, everything is higher. And it always will be, prices don't go down, they go up (for most services). The Fort is still very similar in price to most other campgrounds in Orlando. This isn't like camping at your local state park campground, you're paying for much more then just a small plot of land, realistically.

I understand that every year we have a thread talking about prices when the new prices come out(I remember the one's from the last two years), but it's not going to change. So like I said, if it bothers me enough, I won't go I just don't fret over stuff like this, maybe it's me being stupid, young, and idealistic, I have no idea...lol. I spent enough of my 20's worrying about stuff, no more ;)

That doesn't mean I don't care about those that can't make the trip, trust me, I've had to cut short plenty of trips because I couldn't afford it, and it's the worst. If this were an ideal world, I guess prices would never go up, wouldn't that be great!

I don't like that they up the prices, but everyone in the world ups their prices. I'll just live with it, deal with it, and if I don't like it enough, I won't go. Can't spend too much time fretting over it, I'm not going to change anything.

Gas is higher, food is higher, electricity is higher, campsites are higher, everything is higher. And it always will be, prices don't go down, they go up (for most services). The Fort is still very similar in price to most other campgrounds in Orlando. This isn't like camping at your local state park campground, you're paying for much more then just a small plot of land, realistically.

I understand that every year we have a thread talking about prices when the new prices come out(I remember the one's from the last two years), but it's not going to change. So like I said, if it bothers me enough, I won't go, but honestly, it doesn't bother me that much right now. I just don't fret over stuff like this, maybe it's me being stupid, young, and idealistic, I have no idea...lol. I spent enough of my 20's worrying about stuff, no more ;)

How often do you camp at the fort? Just wondering.

How often do you camp at the fort? Just wondering.

not only how often but do you have plane or long distance driving expenses? i think alot of people add it all up and everyone is pretty much sick and tired of everything going up and up and services and amenities going down and down. If i lived in FL, i probably wouldn't be as concerned since MOST of my expense in getting to the fort is in driving. also, what type of vehicle are you using to get to the fort, what do you stay in? that affects what it costs to get there too. there are alot of factors that vary that people have to consider when vacationing there. it's not that anyone worries or loses sleep over this kind of stuff, you simply modify your vacation plans.

i was just thinking, maybe you will change your tune when the little one needs a ticket, lol. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter