2010 cruise info

Can anybody anybody advise me what the pitfalls would be of adding an additional child to my booking at a later date?

Would the adult pricing change or would I just pay the current rate for the child being added?

Thanks
Melissa

Can anybody anybody advise me what the pitfalls would be of adding an additional child to my booking at a later date?

Would the adult pricing change or would I just pay the current rate for the child being added?

Thanks
Melissa

You do run the risk that you may not be able to add the child later on. Although there may be sleeping space in your stateroom, the kids' clubs, dining rooms and lifeboats reach occupancy as the ship fills. It is better to add the child at the beginning and remove if necessary later on.

Thanks
Melissa

It depends on the cruise you are booking, each cruise has a total capacity for people and also a total capacity for kids, so even if there is space in your room, if either the total capacity for kids or adults is reached for safety on that cruise you will not be allowed to add anyone.

Safety covers the lifeboats and also there is limits in kids clubs.

This could occur on special cruises selling fast.

Apart from that yes the price at the time of the additional booking may have gone up.

I personally would never recommend ( for example) anyone to leave a person off say to reduce deposit and add later as the risks are far too high.

You are correct that you would pay the current rate for the child. I don't believe that the adult pricing for the existing people would change.

One other consideration would be space in the kids age categories. DCL does limit #'s of kids per age group. It has happened in the past that people have not been able to add a child due to DCL having met the age group capacity for that age group. This would be a bigger concern on the cruise during school breaks (summer, holidays)

You do run the risk that you may not be able to add the child later on. Although there may be sleeping space in your stateroom, the kids' clubs, dining rooms and lifeboats reach occupancy as the ship fills. It is better to add the child at the beginning and remove if necessary later on.

The problem I have is that my step son won't if he is coming until this time next year - maybe a little earlier for an August 2010 cruise.

I am hoping to get a Cat 3 and if we do it will mean if I pay the deposit now it will be non refundable if he is unable to come.

The problem I have is that my step son won't if he is coming until this time next year - maybe a little earlier for an August 2010 cruise.

I am hoping to get a Cat 3 and if we do it will mean if I pay the deposit now it will be non refundable if he is unable to come.

Understand the issue, if a special cruise I would still add now if he couldnt make it, maybe swap someone else in.

Understand the issue, if a special cruise I would still add now if he couldnt make it, maybe swap someone else in.

Thanks for the advice, sounds like I should just put him on if we manage to book a cat 3.

If I didn't but I got lucky and was able to add him in sometime down the line - would it affect anything else with the booking? In particular the exisiting pricing?

Thanks for the advice, sounds like I should just put him on if we manage to book a cat 3.

If I didn't but I got lucky and was able to add him in sometime down the line - would it affect anything else with the booking? In particular the exisiting pricing?

It shouldnt effect any exisitng booking price etc, the only time there is an issu is if the 'lead' person has to change on the booking, the primary booker, thats it.

Good luck

I called today for the Med Cruise for 2010...

Ct 11 8/18 (10 Med) = 419pts and $2931
Ct 9 = 487 $3408

Ct 11 8/17 (11 Med) = 471 and $3299
Ct 9 = 546 and $3819

Christmas Cruise (or Holiday Cruise)

Ct 11 Dec. 18 = 501 and $3510
Ct 9 = 577 $4040

Including fuel charges..

Also you can only use points from 09, 10 and 11.. I thought perhaps Disney would make an exception, but wishful thinking.. :lmao:

I called today for the Med Cruise for 2010...

Ct 11 8/18 (10 Med) = 419pts and $2931
Ct 9 = 487 $3408

Ct 11 8/17 (11 Med) = 471 and $3299
Ct 9 = 546 and $3819

Christmas Cruise (or Holiday Cruise)

Ct 11 Dec. 18 = 501 and $3510
Ct 9 = 577 $4040

Including fuel charges..

Also you can only use points from 09, 10 and 11.. I thought perhaps Disney would make an exception, but wishful thinking.. :lmao:

Can you share how many people this is for. I was hopeing I could afford Christmas but I see it will be higher priced than Summer:eek:

Can you share how many people this is for. I was hopeing I could afford Christmas but I see it will be higher priced than Summer:eek:

The prices bonnielynn quoted are per person for points and cash. So a cat 11 for 2 would be 838 points. You must book at least one person on points, and the first two people in the room are always priced as adults regardless of age.

There is also a $95 booking fee and the $8 per person/per day fuel charge must be paid in full at time of booking as well. Any people booked on DVC cash price must also be paid in full at time of booking.

Have I missed the pricing for the 2010 Holiday Sailings, I can't seem to find them anywhere?

Are they available to book on Tuesday ?

I am anxiously awaiting for the Holiday 2010 bookings too. Wish they would release the prices early like the summer cruises.

I will be booking the Baltic Cruise on Tuesday.

Is there any chance the Moscow excursion will be less than $400 per person? That is our absolute limit for that excursion. Anyone do this one on a different cruise line?

I don't see the prices for the holiday sailings just the summer ones .

We have come into the game quite late on and now we are trying to decide if to do an 10 night med cruise in august or the 11 night holiday sailing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter