2010 cruise info

I don't see the prices for the holiday sailings just the summer ones .

We have come into the game quite late on and now we are trying to decide if to do an 10 night med cruise in august or the 11 night holiday sailing

I have a request in with my TA for the 11 night holiday sailing, but now am getting quite nervous, as someone has posted the DVC point rates for this cruise and it looks like it will be quite a bit more expensive than the med cruise!!:scared1:

hi everyone

dont know if this is the place to post this but I live in Malta, one of the 2010port of call for disney.We were on the disney med cruise in 2007 from barcelona and are so happy that disney is finally coming to our home..if any of u need any info or help re Malta just let me know.....I will be trying to book the baltic cruise...that is if the yankees leave space for us....

steph

I will be booking the Baltic Cruise on Tuesday.

Is there any chance the Moscow excursion will be less than $400 per person? That is our absolute limit for that excursion. Anyone do this one on a different cruise line?
Moscow is a very long way away, and would require a flight, now from waht I see this usually goes early in the morning (rules out day 1) and back late in the day. As it has flights etc in it I would expect the cost to be high.
hi everyone

dont know if this is the place to post this but I live in Malta, one of the 2010port of call for disney.We were on the disney med cruise in 2007 from barcelona and are so happy that disney is finally coming to our home..if any of u need any info or help re Malta just let me know.....I will be trying to book the baltic cruise...that is if the yankees leave space for us....

steph

Nice offer, I would love to go to Malta, but I did the 11 night Med trip in 2007 without Malta but with many of the same ports so I am looking for the Baltic in 2010.

Must go to Malta sometime herd so much about it. Pity I cant have Med in 2009 I would swap my carribean trip for that.

Hi,

I was just wondering what time on Tuesday you can book at.
I'm sure it will have been asked before, but there are a lot of pages to look through!

hi everyone

steph

8AM Eastern Tuesday morning.

hi everyone

steph
Yes, share some highlights with us!!! GL booking!!:goodvibes

I see that everyone and their brother is trying to book the 2010 cruises on opening day. I have a 2009 dummy booking, so I'll probably be doing the same thing- but how in the heck do you know how much they are? How do you know anything? I can't find anything on their website but a range of prices. I don't know the deposit or anything. Are the people booking on the 14th those that just don't care how much it is? I guess I want to know if I'm going to be spending $5000 per person or $2800 per person before I say "okay". That's a huge difference!

Am I missing something?

I see that everyone and their brother is trying to book the 2010 cruises on opening day. I have a 2009 dummy booking, so I'll probably be doing the same thing- but how in the heck do you know how much they are? How do you know anything? I can't find anything on their website but a range of prices. I don't know the deposit or anything. Are the people booking on the 14th those that just don't care how much it is? I guess I want to know if I'm going to be spending $5000 per person or $2800 per person before I say "okay". That's a huge difference!

Am I missing something?

Go to www.dreamsunlimtedtravel.com

They have the breakdown of pricing. DCL website also has it but it is hard to find. They are hiding it.

Here is a link to the trantlantic one...

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/d...?name=14NightMediterraneanWestCruiseRatesPage

Still confused...I'm on DU and the prices are still a HUGE range. For my party of 4 it's anywhere from $7961-$14,631.
I hope I'm missing it somewhere on the website b/c without a better breakdown, the low price is a "ok, we can swing it" and the high price is "omg heck no!".

Still confused...I'm on DU and the prices are still a HUGE range. For my party of 4 it's anywhere from $7961-$14,631.
I hope I'm missing it somewhere on the website b/c without a better breakdown, the low price is a "ok, we can swing it" and the high price is "omg heck no!".

Presume if you book at 8am Tuesday you get the lowest price on tier one do add on fuel and you will also have port charges and taxes to go on, the prices could rank up on the Baltic's quickly, the Meds should be a little slower.

The highest price is top tier and that would only be reached if the ship sells out very quickly, remember not everyone knows about these cruises, people here have seen it, but if you look at polls say max 100 have posted they will go on any particular cruise, there are 875 cabins on each cruise.

These cruises have been released far earlier than any DCL cruise before, (last time was December so a full two months earlier) and in the current credit crunch, not everyone will commit to expensive cruises with transatlantic flights for 2010.

Presume if you book at 8am Tuesday you get the lowest price on tier one do add on fuel and you will also have port charges and taxes to go on, the prices could rank up on the Baltic's quickly, the Meds should be a little slower.

The highest price is top tier and that would only be reached if the ship sells out very quickly, remember not everyone knows about these cruises, people here have seen it, but if you look at polls say max 100 have posted they will go on any particular cruise, there are 875 cabins on each cruise.

These cruises have been released far earlier than any DCL cruise before, (last time was December so a full two months earlier) and in the current credit crunch, not everyone will commit to expensive cruises with transatlantic flights for 2010.
oh so the range of prices quoted relate to the tiers do they?? I thought they related to different dates (eg one sailing being cheaper than another).
That makes me feel a little better!!:)

oh so the range of prices quoted relate to the tiers do they?? I thought they related to different dates (eg one sailing being cheaper than another).

Yes, lets put it another way,

Think of a Supermarket and they have:-

• 20 Tins of beans at a special low price to get people in,
  • a further 20 tins at a slightly higher price,
  • and then for each 20 tins more it goes up 5% to a top price for all remainder.

As they are sold the price goes up......

This is the same for each CAT of the ship, FIRST TIER is the lowest price, ie 8am Tuesday, as soon as a % of rooms are sold, it steps up to the next tier, lets say 5% of Cats sold it bumps up, and so on.

I have seen on the Panama repos prices going up very fast tier by tier before its sold out same day, IMHO, there is less likelihood of this now as we are in October 2008 for summer 2010, credit crunch, trans Atlantic fares etc.

But do it quick on Tuesday to be sure,

Hi all!

I want to book the trans-atlantic eastbound and have 2 questions;

1- anybody ever do a trans-atlantic cruise? is it rough?

2- what is the difference between cat 11 and cat 12? is it size and/or location of the cabin?

Thanks!

Hi all!

I want to book the trans-atlantic eastbound and have 2 questions;

1- anybody ever do a trans-atlantic cruise? is it rough?

2- what is the difference between cat 11 and cat 12? is it size and/or location of the cabin?

Thanks!

The Atlantic can be unpredictable it can be calm it can be rough, I would say it is more likly to be rough and more active than the Carribean so people with seasickness should avoid.

In 2007 the May repo had very bad weather the August one had great weather, in this world nothings gauranteed.

Cat 12s are the smallest rooms holding only 3 people, 13 in all, on on deck 2 forward, 11'S have 18 rooms deck 5/6 all hold 4 people.

Cat 12s are also all located below the Beat street area and have noise issues.

We were on the EB TA in 2007. We absolutely LOVED it!!! I'd do it again, but the timing doesn't work for us in 2010. Normally, April is a wonderful time to cross the Atlantic with smooth seas. However in 2007, we did have very rough seas. Every day the Captain would say something about the "very usual weather we are having." DCL did a great job rearranging activities, moving things inside, etc to accomodate. In truth, the weather and the new "wave pool" :rotfl2: added to the experience of the trip.

Cat 11 and Cat 12 are the same except for location. ETA: Yep, Andrew's right. The Cat 12 only sleep 3. The cat 11's can sleep 4.

According to my TA, dates could also play a part in the price. We have the tiers of course, but the date of each sailing can also affect the price. For example, the early Spring (April & May dates) Med cruises starting price could possibly be lower than the Summer(Prime vacation Season) Med starting price.

does anyone know how to approximately calculate taxes for these cruises? I've added in the surcharge, but no idea what % to calculate taxes or any add'l fees.
Thanks!

I was disappointed today to find out that DVC Members will not be able to reserve staterooms for the European cruises, but will have to accept a "guarantee" status on any reservation using points.

See my post Here for more details...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter