2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question that I'm hoping y'all can help with. At CL can you get whole milk? I know they have skim, but my son can't have that it has to be whole milk. TIA

They seemed to regularly put out 2% last week. At breakfast, they also added skim as an option. I never saw whole milk out, but that doesn't mean they couldn't necessarily get for you. I never asked, so can't say for sure whether it's available.

They seemed to regularly put out 2% last week. At breakfast, they also added skim as an option. I never saw whole milk out, but that doesn't mean they couldn't necessarily get for you. I never asked, so can't say for sure whether it's available.

Thank you. I will ask for sure. I hope they can help us out. It'll give him a chance to eat what he wants, cereal lol.

SNARL!!!! @&*%$, *@#$%, NASHING OF TEETH, NASHING OF TEETH!!!!1!!!11!!!

I've freed myself of the restraints and taken over the nurses station! Before they come with the tranquilizer gun I thought I would chime in while I still have computer access....

Glad to see you back on the boards, and truly thankful that you are of sound enough mind to sensor some of your more nasty thoughts. :goodvibes

I have a question that I'm hoping y'all can help with. At CL can you get whole milk? I know they have skim, but my son can't have that it has to be whole milk. TIA

Call or email IPO and ask for it. My grandson has to have almond milk. We emailed them and asked if they could get it. They emailed us back and wanted to know how much we needed and said they would have it waiting for us when we arrive.

That was good customer service.

Any place for real coffee in this area?

We have been told that there is real brewed coffee in the mornings at the Ale & Compass lounge in the Yacht Club lobby.

Joffrey's coffee is now being sold in The Marketplace. I haven't heard any reviews about how it is, but it certainly must be an improvement upon Nescrape!

I just wanted to add that if you don't feel comfortable with your kids going down the big slide there is a much smaller slide on the back of the pirate ship that empties into a little kiddie pool. It's not much more than a basic short slide but small children really enjoy it and I have seen some parents use it with their children. It also has the great pirate theme of the ship.

Thanks for posting this - I have a feeling DD is going to be excited for SAB, and we'd love to take her on a slide.

We're back home after a great first stay at Yacht Club! It was so sad to leave today :( I'll write up a full report on a few days. My kids have already informed us we HAVE to stay at YC again next time because the pool is too awesome!

We're back home after a great first stay at Yacht Club! It was so sad to leave today :( I'll write up a full report on a few days. My kids have already informed us we HAVE to stay at YC again next time because the pool is too awesome!

The pool is pretty awesome, especially for kids that age. I'm glad you had a great time. :goodvibes

Be sure to write that trip report. I love reading them. ;)

I have to say that I really appreciate Nannette's posts on her journey to acquiring Magic Bands and Fast Pass plus. I for one am holding out until the bitter end and I'll be the last to adopt this new technology, primarily so that they can work some of the many bugs out. Still, I'm following along with Nannette's post and she is laying it out step by step so that even the densest amongst us (NM!!!) will be able to figure it out.
Thanks for all the lovin and missin!~NM

Lol! Glad I can help you out with all the Magic band stuff!! i think it's gonna be really very cool once all the kinks are worked out of it!! Also I just sent Buzzy an invite to MDE since we'll be hanging out in December to help plan the trip!! Magic Bands could be in Buzzy's future.... :confused3 :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

Pardon my ignorance...I've flipped through all the FP+ and MB stuff, but now I'm thinking about our Dec trip (12/4-8, YC). Do I just wait for Disney to contact me about MBs? Or do I have to be proactive?

Not ignorance at all!! I wouldn't wait for them to contact you... I received September's Magic Bands and am already setting up for Oct/Nov Magic Bands this trip is at AKL CL... today I received a Fedex delivery.. inside was a formal letter from Disney telling me I've been chosen to participate in the Magic Band testing for Oct/Nov.

What I did was just go to MDE website signed in and linked all my information... credit card info, hotel reservation info and my AP. Then one day I would say it was about 75 days out I was able to customize the bands and confirm the mail to address and then this morning 60 days out I am able to chose fast passes and it says I have until 9/28 to choose. So if you really want them then you just have to keep checking your MDE site and if there is testing going on during that time. I will be visiting Disney the same time as you and I just added the resort reservation number, but Magic Bands aren't available yet, but says I can begin to make Fast Pass selections as of 9/18... so I'll keep checking! The December trip is a split SSR and then POP so who knows if they will even be available for those resorts.

Good Luck!! Ask if you have any questions and if I can help you I will :)

~N

OK...Nannette...(and any others more in the know than me...read pretty much EVERYONE!)...regarding the MagicalBandAid-Thingamajigs...I have an AP EXCHANGE certificate purchased last year that I was planning on activating upon arrival this December. Apparently, it's not possible under the new MagicStuff. Am I up the creek without a FP+ linkable ticket? (at least until activated?)

OK...Nannette...(and any others more in the know than me...read pretty much EVERYONE!)...regarding the MagicalBandAid-Thingamajigs...I have an AP EXCHANGE certificate purchased last year that I was planning on activating upon arrival this December. Apparently, it's not possible under the new MagicStuff. Am I up the creek without a FP+ linkable ticket? (at least until activated?)

Try linking the certificate number as an old pass... I've heard that works and that's how you have to link the Undercover Tourist ticket, so maybe that will work for the certificate as well. No promises it will work!!

~N

And besides linking it as an old pass, I have read some people are calling IT support and they are figuring out a way to do it...

Absolutely. In fact, they could technically use the slide even if they couldn't swim at all. Swim vests are allowed and readily available around the pool. My DD8 and DS5 loved the slide when we were there last week. DS5 is currently taking swim lessons, but doesn't know how to swim yet, so he was using a vest.

A couple of other points to be aware of. To enter, you have to actually go out of the pool area entirely. Once on the slide, you go under not 1, but 2 waterfalls that will defintely dump water on your head. The slide ultimately feeds into 4 feet of water and you come down with such force that you will go under water (unless wearing a vest). The exiting part of the slide is in a roped off area of the pool and a lifeguard will be sitting there. That guard will likely keep others out of the roped off area, so parents are not allowed to "catch" their children coming off. Depending on how adventerous your kids are, you might want to go with them the first time.

Another item of note since you have a 2 yo. The kiddie area of SAB with the little beach area to play on is on the complete other side of where the slide ends. You'll need to determine your comfort level with your two older kids going on the slide (then exiting the pool area to go on again and again) if you're with the younger child in the kiddie area. That's the one thing I didn't like about SAB. It's so big, it can become difficult to supervise all of your different age kids simultaneously with the many different sections. Maybe this is an issue for you, maybe not, but I thought it deserved mentioning.

Thank you!!!!!! My DH will stay with our little guy and me and the kids will have some slide fun !

Call or email IPO and ask for it. My grandson has to have almond milk. We emailed them and asked if they could get it. They emailed us back and wanted to know how much we needed and said they would have it waiting for us when we arrive.

That was good customer service.

Now that is impressive!

Glad you had a great time! Can't wait to read your report soon! :-)

Wish me luck - tomorrow is dd's Sweet 16 Party!

We have an in ground pool (and obviously lots of trips to BC) so she went with a - Beach themed party!!!!

Happy 16th Birthday!!! (And sending good wishes to you Robyn for a successful party!)

:beach:

I've freed myself of the restraints and taken over the nurses station! Before they come with the tranquilizer gun I thought I would chime in while I still have computer access....

OOPS! Gotta run! The orderlies are here with a big net and a jacket with enough buckles to make it look like they raided Micheal Jackson's closet from the 80's.

Thanks for all the lovin and missin!

~NM

:welcome: back!!! Glad to see you seem to be in a better mood! :hug:

Sure Dee. This thread helped me so much, I'm glad I can actually contribute something to it.

Thanks!

:thumbsup2

With regards to the slide and younger kids...if you stand around where the slide comes out you can walk with them to the pathway where they cross over and watch them go up then walk back to the pool. You'll make it back well before they get down, there is always at least a few people in line and it's a long way down. Also if you go before your child, you could wait towards the rope for them, the lifeguard may or may not usher you away quickly.

This is a great suggestion about the slide, too. I'll add this as well unless I hear otherwise from you. See what I did there?

::yes::

So glad to hear you had a great stay and look forward to hearing your report.

Smart kids!!!

:cool2:

Would love to hear details about this - how you booked, what it cost, how much time you got, how many photos they tok, if you get a CD or a certain number of prints, if you see the photos online, whether you thought the photographer was patient or talented, etc.

Hi,

I looked into the photographers months before we went based on comments on UK and US forums. I looked at work, compared prices and thoughts of others. I went with Vicki and David Arndt after being very impressed with their work and follow-up conversations after i made initial contact. I booked with Vicki over e-mail and FB messages. We will get a CD of all the shots taken once they have had a chance to edit, plus sneek peeks online for us to see before we get the full CD

They took us all over the resort for a variety of different shot, they knew their way around which hepled as we didn't know the best spots. I had booked 2 hours for $300 but it was more like 2 1/2 hours. Not sure how many photos they took but it was a lot. I sure we got most if not all of the photos we asked for, I had provided them with a list of photos and groupings I wanted and an album of their work that I liked. Some shots they tried didn't work and the boys did not always co-operate but they worked around that.

We had a great time, I would recommend them and i haven't even seen the photos yet.

Glad you had a fantastic trip! May I link your review to Page 2? If you have any pictures of your Marketplace meals I would love if you could post them or email them to me.

Of course you can link my review to page 2. Sorry no food pictures, I did intend to do a food review but it just didn't happen. The food was so nice we just ate it. The food we had from the Marketplace was very good though, I tried the Turkey sarnie, ham and swiss sarnie and the chicken ceaser salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter