2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a phone call from my 4 yr. old grandson this morning. He let me know we only had 96 more days until our trip to sing happy birthday to Nana!!! Jackson then let me know that I was the best Nana in the world because I take him to see Mickey on my birthday!! Made my heart melt. So...... only 96 days until we are all at the Beach Club to celebrate my 61st birthday!!! Cannot wait to have my entire family with me this trip.

I got a phone call from my 4 yr. old grandson this morning. He let me know we only had 96 more days until our trip to sing happy birthday to Nana!!! Jackson then let me know that I was the best Nana in the world because I take him to see Mickey on my birthday!! Made my heart melt. So...... only 96 days until we are all at the Beach Club to celebrate my 61st birthday!!! Cannot wait to have my entire family with me this trip.

Awwwwwww. That's so sweet.

I've been quietly lurking for the past month or so and I just wanted to say thank you and what a lovely friendly bunch you all are! I've finally convinced my DH that we really need to go to Disney so I've booked the BC for 10 days next April. I must admit that for a 1st timer it's pretty overwhelming (not strictly true if you count the visit over 20 years ago with my parents). We are a family of 5 (me, DH, DD9, DS6 and DS3 with a 10 hour flight to look forward to...... But it will be so worth it I can't wait. I apologise in advance for all the seemingly silly questions that I'm bound to ask over the next few months ....... So excited! :banana:

I've been quietly lurking for the past month or so and I just wanted to say thank you and what a lovely friendly bunch you all are! I've finally convinced my DH that we really need to go to Disney so I've booked the BC for 10 days next April. I must admit that for a 1st timer it's pretty overwhelming (not strictly true if you count the visit over 20 years ago with my parents). We are a family of 5 (me, DH, DD9, DS6 and DS3 with a 10 hour flight to look forward to...... But it will be so worth it I can't wait. I apologise in advance for all the seemingly silly questions that I'm bound to ask over the next few months ....... So excited! :banana:

No question is silly with us!!! We do have a few "characters" on board that will keep you in stitches with their answers.....and you know who you are!!!! That's what makes this thread so awesome!!!!

10 days......my heart just skipped a best ;). That would be fantastic!!!!

Happy planning!

No question is silly with us!!! We do have a few "characters" on board that will keep you in stitches with their answers.....and you know who you are!!!! That's what makes this thread so awesome!!!!

Happy planning!

Speaking of "characters", have I missed Ninja Mom on here lately?? I miss her awesome answers!!

Absolutely!!

We are doing the CR, YC and AKL. We will concentrate on the park closest to the resort while we are there. I like to do split stays. Maybe that's why I never get tired of one or the other.

I'm in full planning mode for our Illuminations party. Didn't like the first menu they sent and asked them to go back and try again. No worries. It'll be great!

I have no doubt it will be magical! Can't wait!!!!!

I'm surprised at how many ppl don't have MB at the resort its seems like it mainly offered to CL guests.

Not sure if this was posted the elevators for the 5th only take MB's now no card swipes

The KTTW card can still be used to access the 5th floor. Rather than swiping, guests simply hold the card up to the reader. Swiping is a thing of the past as cards and bands use RFID technology rather than magnetic strips.

Welcome to the bunch!!

Happy planning!

Where is Ninja Mom??? Lol. :-)

And welcome!!!!

Speaking of "characters", have I missed Ninja Mom on here lately?? I miss her awesome answers!!

I am in touch with NM and she wants you to know that she is on vacation at a remote location near the Islets of Langerhans known as Cholecystecomy. She is not too happy as the waters are MUCH rougher than Storm Along Bay and their is no liquor at the bar, just a bunch of Vikings in dens. She can't wait to get back to her regularly scheduled program of driving the gang crazy. As for now she is a useless curmudgeon until her trip is over and the lawyers let her back onto the Internet. Nannette and I should be visiting with her in a week or two provided we have openings in our schedules and NM stops biting the head off of anyone that gets too close to her nashing teeth and foaming mouth. I hope she runs into more of those vikings if you know what I mean ; )

Signed, Buzzy the all knowing Fly

Tonight is our last night we went to HS this morning. You guys will probably laugh but I'm excited I did a ride today...... Star Wars lol!!! Thank god my kids are still small I have no clue what I'm going to do when my daughter is older. We asked her if she wanted to do a EE but she chicken out after dinosaur ewwww ( mom was secretly happy).

We had dinner at whispering canyons- loved loved loved it!!!! So much fun ! We have never been to the wilderness lodge. It's a lot like AKL. But I like the idea of the boat. Nice resort but nothing compares to YC!

I am in touch with NM and she wants you to know that she is on vacation at a remote location near the Islets of Langerhans known as Cholecystecomy. She is not too happy as the waters are MUCH rougher than Storm Along Bay and their is no liquor at the bar, just a bunch of Vikings in dens. She can't wait to get back to her regularly scheduled program of driving the gang crazy. As for now she is a useless curmudgeon until her trip is over and the lawyers let her back onto the Internet. Nannette and I should be visiting with her in a week or two provided we have openings in our schedules and NM stops biting the head off of anyone that gets too close to her nashing teeth and foaming mouth. I hope she runs into more of those vikings if you know what I mean ; )

Yikes... Sounds scary... Don't get too close and keep all hands and feet (and I guess wings in your case) inside the vehicle! Rough!!
Hope her trip to the Isles ends soon and she returns feisty as ever;)

That is so cute!!

~N

I was gonna post I bet she's with Buzzy!!

~N

Hello! Could someone answer a few pool questions? My kiddos will be 7 and 5 and 2 when we go in march. Will the older two be able to use the pirate ship slide? They are good swimmers. 7 yr is 44in 5 yr 42 in. Also any other cool things I should know about for my kids? Thank you!

How you feeling? Taking it easy with soccer practices.

I am actually feeling much better. Went to the doctor today and he said he is happy with my healing progress. The only bad news was I had to have a tooth extracted earlier this week. One tooth was cracked in the accident and it could not be saved. Soccer is going well but I can not demonstrate things myself which is hard because I have been doing this for 12 years and have to slow down this year. Very grateful though:)

So cute:thumbsup2

Welcome:cheer2: So glad you could join our thread

Thanks for the update. We were all starting to worry

That is so cute!!

~N

I was gonna post I bet she's with Buzzy!!

~N

I'm not getting near her until she feels better. You have no idea what it's like to be chased around a room in slow motion by a maniac wielding a fly swatter!

Love, Buzzy the peaceful, not in pieces Fly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter