2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped at HH to fill our cups but everyone was struggling to use the RFID mugs, it seems you have to get your cup in exactly the right place. I couldn't get it to work but my DBF managed.

thanks for this info.

Does anyone else have comments about how the refill mug program is working?

I have heard that coffee is no longer available at the marketplace before it opens (6:30 to 7) but that it is available as early as 6 am at ale and compass at yc. Can anyone confirm?

I apologize if this is a silly question . My family and I will be arriving to the BC for the first time on December 7-15 :) . If we are lucky enough to get magic bands when will my Disney experience notify me ? So excited to be staying at the BC I read this thread daily :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I never got notified, customization and FP+ selection just popped up when I logged in to MDE at 60 days out (we're at YC Oct 27-Nov 3).

ahh! Can't find where it is posted! When is the resort getting renovated? and is it both YC n BC? And is there any word of perhaps adding more of a QS option? or are just rooms being revamped?

I'm surprised at how many ppl don't have MB at the resort its seems like it mainly offered to CL guests.

Not sure if this was posted the elevators for the 5th only take MB's now no card swipes

I'm surprised at how many ppl don't have MB at the resort its seems like it mainly offered to CL guests.

Not sure if this was posted the elevators for the 5th only take MB's now no card swipes

Good to know, your updates are appreciated! :cool1:

DisneyMomx7:

I knew you'd be back!! I've been going to YC and sometimes BC since 2003. Haven't gotten tired of it yet!

DisneyMomx7:

I knew you'd be back!! I've been going to YC and sometimes BC since 2003. Haven't gotten tired of it yet!

You know me too well!

We didn't start coming to BC/YC until 2006. Our very first Disney trip many, many years ago (l987!) was to the Polynesian. When we started bringing the younger ones we stayed at the GF from 2003-2006 and we always stayed at the Poly or GF when DH ran the marathon.

As much as we love BC/YC kids are kind of homesick for the MK resorts so we thought we would mix it up. Of course we'll see which rooms get the discounts next summer! Since I started working for the school I qualify for the teachers's discount at Swan/Dolphin so who knows???

The main thing is we are coming back to DISNEY!!!!!!

You know me too well!

We didn't start coming to BC/YC until 2006. Our very first Disney trip many, many years ago (l987!) was to the Polynesian. When we started bringing the younger ones we stayed at the GF from 2003-2006 and we always stayed at the Poly or GF when DH ran the marathon.

As much as we love BC/YC kids are kind of homesick for the MK resorts so we thought we would mix it up. Of course we'll see which rooms get the discounts next summer! Since I started working for the school I qualify for the teachers's discount at Swan/Dolphin so who knows???

Absolutely!!

We are doing the CR, YC and AKL. We will concentrate on the park closest to the resort while we are there. I like to do split stays. Maybe that's why I never get tired of one or the other.

I'm in full planning mode for our Illuminations party. Didn't like the first menu they sent and asked them to go back and try again. No worries. It'll be great!

I have barely had a chance to glance at the DIS this week and I keep thinking," I don't want to fall behind on the BC/YC thread"

Oh my goodness! Look at my ticker. Just 1 day to go. How am I ever going to get through the work day today?

I'm so grateful to everyone on this thread for all the advice, information, and good fun. I've got my Beach Club pin ready to go (thanks, Nanette!), and I'm all set to see Teena over the holiday weekend.

1 more sleep and YC/BC here we come!

So exciting... Have a wonderful trip :cool1:
On my way to the airport. Will be back at the BC lobby on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing everybody.

The trip was wonderful. The classroom is in great shape. Unfortunately Jeanne lost her voice last night so I wish I was going to be here for one more day to help out. The thought of not seeing Lily and Jeanne for seven weeks is making me cry but I'm sure the 7 weeks will fly by.

See you all soon!!!

So glad your trip went well. Those 7 weeks will fly by :goodvibes

Absolutely!!

We are doing the CR, YC and AKL. We will concentrate on the park closest to the resort while we are there. I like to do split stays. Maybe that's why I never get tired of one or the other.

I'm in full planning mode for our Illuminations party. Didn't like the first menu they sent and asked them to go back and try again. No worries. It'll be great!

That's what we did this past July!! While at BC we spent majority of our time at Epcot and HS. When we moved over to Poly, we spent most of time at MK and Epcot in the evenings. It worked out great!! DH actually said it was like splitting our vacation North and South.

This was our discussion at the dinner table last night. After last week's "not so magical" trip, both girls told us that they want a break from the BC and want to try a new resort next year. While we are no where near ready to start planning a 2014 trip, I too will be waiting to see what next summer's discounts will bring. On another note, while I never did get any email about MB's, I did notice last night on the MDE, that DH & I can order/customize bands for our upcoming October trip. I didn't have the chance to play around too much last night but will plan to do so this weekend. We also noticed where we can participate in the FP+ for the week we're there :)

ahh! Can't find where it is posted! When is the resort getting renovated? and is it both YC n BC? And is there any word of perhaps adding more of a QS option? or are just rooms being revamped?

I don't think this is posted anywhere yet because nothing is finalized.

We have been told that the BC will be undergoing a refurbishment "next year". We think early in 2014, but I don't think any dates have been set or announced.

Work will start on the BC club lounge, which will be expanded. Club level offerings will be moved to the Presidential Suite during the renovations.

Then work on the rooms will begin, starting on the 5th floor, one section at a time (isolating the work from guests) and then move on to the 4th floor and so on.

When the BC is finished, work will start on the YC. Not sure when that will be- depends on how long the work at BC lasts.

As soon as I have anything close to official information, I will post it on the first page of this thread, under "Breaking News", along with updates of the work in progress if I am able to get it.

Or maybe I will post the above. I just hate posting anything that isn't substantiated with actual dates.

There has been no mention of additional QS options.

263 days! Pretty sad isn't it? I'm ready to be in Disney! My original plans were to be there next Thursday, then the husband had a wild idea to get a pool this summer. We've had crazy weather this summer, monsoons every other week, my son broke his arm and had a cast until just last week, so the pool didn't get installed and I got promised an upgrade to BC. I'll take it :)

263 days! Pretty sad isn't it? I'm ready to be in Disney! My original plans were to be there next Thursday, then the husband had a wild idea to get a pool this summer. We've had crazy weather this summer, monsoons every other week, my son broke his arm and had a cast until just last week, so the pool didn't get installed and I got promised an upgrade to BC. I'll take it :)

Oh my....you really do need a vacation!

Oh my goodness! Look at my ticker. Just 1 day to go. I've got my Beach Club pin ready to go (thanks, Nanette!), and I'm all set to see Teena over the holiday weekend.

1 more sleep and YC/BC here we come!

You're welcome and have a great time :cool1::cool1::cool1:

~N

On my way to the airport. Will be back at the BC lobby on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing everybody.

The trip was wonderful. The classroom is in great shape. Unfortunately Jeanne lost her voice last night so I wish I was going to be here for one more day to help out. The thought of not seeing Lily and Jeanne for seven weeks is making me cry but I'm sure the 7 weeks will fly by.

See you all soon!!!

Glad you had a nice trip!! 7 weeks will pass very quickly.

:-)

I have barely had a chance to glance at the DIS this week and I keep thinking," I don't want to fall behind on the BC/YC thread"

So exciting... Have a wonderful trip :cool1:

So glad your trip went well. Those 7 weeks will fly by :goodvibes

How you feeling? Taking it easy with soccer practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter