• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2016 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: September 14 - November 14, 2016

Re: The VIP Ultimate Day at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival...

I can't believe I'm even considering this, but has anyone here done this VIP Food & Wine tour in previous years? I would love to hear your experience...

I'm taking a solo trip 9/18-9/23 and since it's just me, I can afford to splurge a bit. This will be my first time visiting during Food & Wine -- do you think this is worthwhile? (I see that the brunch alone is a $129 ticket...) I do have a Chase Disney Visa so I would save 15% if I booked it.

Or do you think it will be weird, since I am traveling solo, to have all those foodie experiences alone all day?

(Also, I have a reservation for the late showing of Club Villain on that same night.)

Yay or Nay? Would LOVE any insight or reviews... I've had many trips to WDW but never during F&W.

We did this last year. It was fun but we wouldn't do it again. We didn't like being tied to an itinerary for the whole day and we were stuck with 8 other people who were frankly annoying. Although to be fair both my husband and I are somewhat misanthropic.

Anyhoo, we're glad we did it once.

Has anyone heard if the wine pours will be the same size? I was just noticing on the 3 menus that was posted to Twitter that the wine jumped significantly in price. I expected the .25 hike from last years prices like some of the other items had but a lot of the wines went from $3.75 to $5.50. Any thoughts?
Hmm, either the cost of the wines went up, or they are really looking to hike the price maybe the more popular wines. I see that some of the wines, beer or cider stayed exactly the same price, some jumped a quarter, and some jumped significantly, as you stated. Will be curious to see full menus tomorrow. Still completely excited, no matter what the price point, as it's my favorite event of the year.

not sure if this has already been noted but the culinary demonstrations list has been updated so it's not the same as the one linked on the first page of this thread!
https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me...-demonstrations-2016_updated_september_v2.pdf

Thanks so much for the updated link! I'll change it on the first page of the thread.

Allearsnet has some prices and photos of the international marketplace menus posted:
http://allears.net/tp/ep/fw16/2016-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-global-marketplaces.htm

Last edited:

Does anyone (blogger, etc?) publish a better map than the one from Disney? I'm trying to plan which booths on which day (over 3 days) and trying to use Disney's map online is difficult to say the least!!! I want to make sure I account for how many quick service credits were changing in for snack credits and don't want to use too many or not enough!!! Some of our days in Epcot are shorter than others too so I wanted to try to minimize the walking around the entire WS when able.

looks like the larger beers will not be returning....I have to hope the wines will be a better pour..I cant see paying $5+ for a thimble of wine that was 1-1.5 dollars less last year.

The day is finally here! The 21st annual Epcot Food and Wine Festival starts today! I hope everyone has a great time at this year's festival.

Please post your reviews of the menu items at the global marketplace kiosks and any other special events that you may attend.

I'd also be interested to know if the Chase members lounge is offering the reserved seating for the Eat to the Beat concerts this year. There is still not any information posted on the Chase Disney website. So if you visit the lounge over the next several days, please let us know!

Last edited:
I will be drinking a lot less wine. None of them are that impressive I'd rather go buy a glass in Italy or France than a tiny pour of a so so wine.
Agreed. At F&W I actually enjoy some of the mixed drinks more. Though I do like the pineapple wine... and the ice wines... though I just bought 3 bottles of the latter on wine.com, so maybe JUST the pineapple wine for me this time! :)

The day is finally here! The 21st annual Epcot Food and Wine Festival starts today! I hope everyone has a great time at this year's festival.

Please post your reviews of the menu items at the global marketplace kiosks and any other special events that you may attend.

I'd also be interested to know if the Chase members lounge is offering the reserved seating for the Eat to the Beat concerts this year. There is still not any information posted on the Chase Disney website. So if you visit the lounge over the next several days, please let us know!

Curious question- is the chase lounge JUST for Disney Chase or ANY Chase card?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter