2016 WDW Star Wars race rumors?

That's the Imperial Crest. Which hints to the whole "dark side" rumored theme safe to assume it's a night race with a possible announcement (if true) around Sept-Octish

So maybe a nighttime race in May??That would work great for me,living in Florida you fill up your race schedule between October and March,there's too many to choose from so you have to pick and choose which ones you plan on doing.A May race at night would be warm but doable as the nights in May are not quite as bad as the early October Tower of Terror and May is a great time to go to WDW during a month where it's hard to find a half in Florida.

Could use a little help - I'm missing it! :(

The DL Paris logo is the castle with the Mickey silhouette, correct? In the column at the far left? Where is the new star wars logo in relation to that?
Apparently it could be this one:

imperial.png

I forgot to post this here...please keep in mind that this is a RUMOR and you should take it with a grain of salt.

One of the few Facebook groups I'm in is a runDisney Facebook group (called runDisneyrun) - one of the more tech-minded members looked at the source code for the runDisney website. There he found portions of code that pointed to a section of the website for a Star Wars Half Marathon in Disney World, but they were commented out (so they were there, just not *live* yet). Those portions of code have since been removed from the runDisney site.

They also found reference to an Empire Challenge (Imperial Challenge? Something like that) and a special C2C for Star Wars...along with a possible logo for the race weekend as a whole.

This was a little over a week ago and there's been zero discussion about it since then, soooo...:confused3

Color me disappointed if this is true. As I said upthread, I'd prefer something other than Star Wars in Florida (i.e. Pixar). I can't really get excited over the exact same race on both coasts. IF they do announce it I could see them doing so just after the madness from Princess Half registration is over.

Thanks for the info. If a SW race weekend came to WDW I too would also be disappointed. I have nothing against SW and I'm happy for SW fans, but I'm just....bummed. With all the characters and themes that are possible, why re-use an already existing theme? I still wish for TOT to return but as part of a half marathon weekend (5K, 10-miler, Half), which would be PERFECT for around Halloween. Or even make Everest into a Half Marathon Weekend (not happening, but hey I can dream).

I guess we should all just wait until something is ACTUALLY announced. But cool to speculate nonetheless. :)

I was actually disappointed when they put a SW race out on the west coast when they already had the Avengers race for the "fanboy/fangirl" crowd.

At the moment WDW is short on races AND they have no race for the "fanboy/fangirl" crowd. While I know construction will be going on, they have plenty to work with as far as courses are concerned if they really wanted to. I think anything they can do to attract people while all this construction is going on they will do. Any new race at WDW, whether SW or something else is guaranteed to sell out and bring in people.

Yeah, if they have a time in mind to do the race, I can't see them leaving all of that potential money on the table - especially with WDW having 3 race weekends now instead of 4. And I agree with @Nole95 - yes, there's construction, but they could figure out a different course.

That's really weird. I just clicked on that link again and the image is still there...I'm in Chrome, maybe it's something weird with your browser?

That *is* weird. I'm using Firefox and I get the same image in IE.

I'm just glad I'm not going bonkers!

The image in your original post shows up like the screenshot I posted (No 'new' Star Wars logos). I don't know if it's 'linked' somehow to the original source file but that was why I didn't see the Imperial Crest in your earlier post. I was beginning to question my sanity!

That *is* weird. I'm using Firefox and I get the same image in IE.

I'm just glad I'm not going bonkers!

The image in your original post shows up like the screenshot I posted (No 'new' Star Wars logos). I don't know if it's 'linked' somehow to the original source file but that was why I didn't see the Imperial Crest in your earlier post. I was beginning to question my sanity!
Yeah, the original image links right back to that link I posted. It's gotta be something with the browser because I can still see it on Chrome.

Hmm, this is interesting. It would definitely be nice if there was a new race weekend in the works for WDW.

Exciting news or at least exciting speculation. I myself would love, can I tell you LOVE to do the Star Wars theme, at night, in WDW. I would not do it in DL just because of travel, money, etc, but would if there was a C2C involved with it.

I can understand those of you who would rather a different theme but I don't think any way possible of any being as big as this. I do hope that ToT comes back and perhaps is turned into a whole weekend. Along with the Halloween party it's hard to beat.

All we can do is keep our fingers crossed. AND START SAVING NOW!!!!

So, since they've done a C2C and Pink C2C in the past, would we see a chance to earn both a regular C2C and a 'Kessel Run' C2C?
And personally, I think May would not be a good time slot, maybe October would be better?

So, since they've done a C2C and Pink C2C in the past, would we see a chance to earn both a regular C2C and a 'Kessel Run' C2C?
And personally, I think May would not be a good time slot, maybe October would be better?

May tends to be cooler at night than October. Which is why I was also confused some people tended to be against this idea greatly in large part due to the weather when races like TOT existed.

May tends to be cooler at night than October. Which is why I was also confused some people tended to be against this idea greatly in large part due to the weather when races like TOT existed.
True, but I'd rather it be closer to the end of the year. It would be too much of a financial strain to pull WDW, Rebel Challenge, and Imperial Challenge inside of 5 months. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter