2016 WDW Star Wars race rumors?

I'll point out that reading the HTML code hidden in their website is how we knew all about the Infinity Gauntlet, and Captain America 10K weeks before it was announced. Its also how we (since I help scour the page and post links in the FB group) get the early links for waivers, maps, event guides, etc....

Thank you to you and the others who are able to help us out and raise our heart rates :-)

So, since they've done a C2C and Pink C2C in the past, would we see a chance to earn both a regular C2C and a 'Kessel Run' C2C?
And personally, I think May would not be a good time slot, maybe October would be better?
I think May is good for WDW because otherwise there are no races there from Princess in February until the fall--there is already Wine and Dine in November. A May race helps spread it out a bit.
Also, it seems like they like to "pair up" a race with DL; Marathon weekend/Star Wars in January, W&D/Avengers in November...a May race in WDW will pair with Tinkerbelle...

I'm wondering if I should sign up for the Tinkerbell race when it opens in August, or if I should wait and see if they open up a SW race for 2016....... My husband would run the race with me if there was a Star Wars theme!

Has anyone noticed on DL Star Wars logo it specifically says At Disneyland. That was not on there last year and it's big and noticeable this year. Why put that, unless...... you are planning on having one at Disneyworld. Just saying. Also, it's can't be in May of next year for sure since the Invictus games are being held in WDW in May.

Oh my goodness...below is a screenshot of what I saw. I wonder if they've changed that file since your post?

View attachment 109686

The file reverted when people pointed out the new sprites/icons. Then right after the princess signup, the file reverted again back to having the icons in it. In addition the main page HAD a commented out section which was for "star-wars-wdw-half-marathon".

I posted else where, these things are TRIVAL to change, unlike other aspects of planning a race. So why do them months/year in advanced of announcing an event?

I know I want this event, and that may cloud my judgement on it. But there is a lot of circumstantial evidence that they have something in the pipeline.

The rumors I've heard are-
o east coast empire/sith themed; west coast rebel/jedi
o east coast night run; west coast morning
o special medal for c2c (like the pink for Princess/Tink)
o Will be an Early/Mid May run as a kickoff/lead-in to SWWs.

Has anyone noticed on DL Star Wars logo it specifically says At Disneyland. That was not on there last year and it's big and noticeable this year. Why put that, unless...... you are planning on having one at Disneyworld. Just saying. Also, it's can't be in May of next year for sure since the Invictus games are being held in WDW in May.

Those games are the 8-12th. I doubt they would do a runDisney event the weekend of the 5-8 (that would make people choose Tink or Star Wars); the weekend of 12-15 is likely too close to Tink; the 27th is the kick off of SWW; so that means 19-22 would be the weekend in may.

Plus, it's Star Wars, it's gotta be under the stars.

This!!

Thanks for the info. If a SW race weekend came to WDW I too would also be disappointed. I have nothing against SW and I'm happy for SW fans, but I'm just....bummed. With all the characters and themes that are possible, why re-use an already existing theme? I still wish for TOT to return but as part of a half marathon weekend (5K, 10-miler, Half), which would be PERFECT for around Halloween. Or even make Everest into a Half Marathon Weekend (not happening, but hey I can dream).

I guess we should all just wait until something is ACTUALLY announced. But cool to speculate nonetheless. :)

TOT was my very first distance race. And I was injured and limped through. So that one has a special place for me. But SW...i think I would renew my AP just to have two shots at registration to make sure I got in!!

I was actually disappointed when they put a SW race out on the west coast when they already had the Avengers race for the "fanboy/fangirl" crowd.

At the moment WDW is short on races AND they have no race for the "fanboy/fangirl" crowd. While I know construction will be going on, they have plenty to work with as far as courses are concerned if they really wanted to. I think anything they can do to attract people while all this construction is going on they will do. Any new race at WDW, whether SW or something else is guaranteed to sell out and bring in people.

So much this!! Avengers and SW are absolutely massive disney properties. And WDW gives them a lot of leeway to make courses with all of that land under their control. I know they cant do Avengers here, but SW is fair game. While I loved PHM, I am a nerd at heart so this would be amazing. A property that big deserves two coasts!

I'll point out that reading the HTML code hidden in their website is how we knew all about the Infinity Gauntlet, and Captain America 10K weeks before it was announced. Its also how we (since I help scour the page and post links in the FB group) get the early links for waivers, maps, event guides, etc....

Thank you for that! :thanks:

Run Disney announcing races is like Disney announcing new attractions at DHS,you know they have to be coming but they just stay on a holding pattern,waiting and waiting.They say the new DHS attractions are being announced at the D23 convention and that a new race at WDW will be announced at the DL half weekend,hopefully before that.

Very excited about this....! I didn't sign up for princess in hope of this...and May is my birthday month!

My guess is that we'll know a little more after D23 ... if they announce a Star Wars land for DHS, I'd definitely expect a Star Wars race to show up at WDW, but I think they might wait until closer to the opening of Star Wars land so that they can have the race go through the area.

My guess is that we'll know a little more after D23 ... if they announce a Star Wars land for DHS, I'd definitely expect a Star Wars race to show up at WDW, but I think they might wait until closer to the opening of Star Wars land so that they can have the race go through the area.
If they wait for a full Star Wars land to be built before having a race than you're looking at no new race in WDW for like 3 years,at least!!They need another race ASAP!!

arghh!!!!!! I wish they would announce this sooner. I'm worried that I may have missed out on some cool Coast-to-Coast StarWars medal because I didn't sign up for the Disneyland StarWars in January - I just can't get myself to do the Dopey in Disney World one week and then fly cross country the next week to do the half, etc...I'll go broke. But because they keep delaying any information I think my chances of even doing that are running low - I'm guessing Rebel Challenge spots are mostly gone so even if I wanted to do it now it is probably too late. sigh...I hate running for the Bling!! (nah, I love it).

arghh!!!!!! I wish they would announce this sooner. I'm worried that I may have missed out on some cool Coast-to-Coast StarWars medal because I didn't sign up for the Disneyland StarWars in January - I just can't get myself to do the Dopey in Disney World one week and then fly cross country the next week to do the half, etc...I'll go broke. But because they keep delaying any information I think my chances of even doing that are running low - I'm guessing Rebel Challenge spots are mostly gone so even if I wanted to do it now it is probably too late. sigh...I hate running for the Bling!! (nah, I love it).

So much this.
Rebel Challenge is still available thru Acclaim Travel, I think; everyone else is sold out. Even then, I can't justify dropping another $1000 (RC, hotel, airfare, transportation/food/pins) just days after my Dopey run and then yet ANOTHER $1000 minimum for ANOTHER Disney trip 4 months later :sad:

If they wait for a full Star Wars land to be built before having a race than you're looking at no new race in WDW for like 3 years,at least!!They need another race ASAP!!

Yeah, I'm hoping they announce something for 2016 or early 2017, even if it's not Star Wars, but I can't imagine them announcing that they're going to build Star Wars land and then putting a race in before they build it.

Yeah, I'm hoping they announce something for 2016 or early 2017, even if it's not Star Wars, but I can't imagine them announcing that they're going to build Star Wars land and then putting a race in before they build it.

Having the race during Star Wars weekend is more than enough reason to hold the race even if the land won't be finished for years.SWW is a huge and very popular event,I like Star Wars but I'm not as fanatical as some of the people who frequent the event,so for me its more that I just want another race as soon as possible,Star Wars,something Pixar or whatever.I go to Star Wars weekends and I'm not into a lot of the events they have,no real interest in the celebrity appearances or autograph sessions,I'll check out Darth Maul and the motorcade as well as the fireworks that are awesome.But aside from those three things there's not much that draws an interest,This year I saw an animated rebels show that's basically a TV show being played for a theme park crowd,not a big deal or something I'll waster my time going to in the future.My point is that SWW will be a much better event when the land is complete,but they're still going to hold the event now with a park that only has one attraction themed to it,if you add a half marathon and a 5K to one of the weekends the event is held it just makes the event that much greater.

Do you think they would announce a chance at a Star Wars C2C medal when many people may not have signed up for the DL Star Wars race? Perhaps they would wait until everyone would have the chance to sign up for both knowing about a special C2C. I can't remember for the first GSC if it was announced before the Tink registration when it was still in January.

Do you think they would announce a chance at a Star Wars C2C medal when many people may not have signed up for the DL Star Wars race? Perhaps they would wait until everyone would have the chance to sign up for both knowing about a special C2C. I can't remember for the first GSC if it was announced before the Tink registration when it was still in January.
That would be my hope.

I am excited by the prospect of a WDW Star Wars race weekend (ran the inaugural SW Half at DL and had a blast!), But I don't think it will be scheduled during SWW. The reason being is that if I remember correctly, many (if not all) race weekends are scheduled to bring more people to the parks during slower times. SWW in recent years are extremely popular and DHS is packed to the gills. Tying in a race weekend on top of those crowds is not a necessary strategy for getting more people to the parks since presumably SW fans are already attending one or more of the current five weekends. If I were to guess, based on the fill up the parks strategy, Disney would have a SW race weekend the weekend prior to the first SWW, which would encourage 10-day vacations or multiple weekends if SW fans are the target audience. SWW typically start the third weekend in May, so perhaps it would be the second weekend, putting it one week after the traditional EE weekend. Just my guess as a huge SWW fan and annual attendee. :)

I am excited by the prospect of a WDW Star Wars race weekend (ran the inaugural SW Half at DL and had a blast!), But I don't think it will be scheduled during SWW. The reason being is that if I remember correctly, many (if not all) race weekends are scheduled to bring more people to the parks during slower times. SWW in recent years are extremely popular and DHS is packed to the gills. Tying in a race weekend on top of those crowds is not a necessary strategy for getting more people to the parks since presumably SW fans are already attending one or more of the current five weekends. If I were to guess, based on the fill up the parks strategy, Disney would have a SW race weekend the weekend prior to the first SWW, which would encourage 10-day vacations or multiple weekends if SW fans are the target audience. SWW typically start the third weekend in May, so perhaps it would be the second weekend, putting it one week after the traditional EE weekend. Just my guess as a huge SWW fan and annual attendee. :)

This is a really good point! They don't need to bring people in for SWW, but it would be interesting to see if putting it the week before leads people to take longer vacations.

On the flip side ... not everyone can afford the longer vacation (or can get that many days off from work), so I don't know how many people will be unhappy about being asked to choose between SWW and a race weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter