• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

So I've been looking for the race pictures from the 5k, 10k and 1/2 marathon on photopass on mde but cannot see any of them for any of us who did the races. Overall, there were 5 of us in the various races. What am I doing wrong? How can I find my pictures? By now there should be some, right?

So I've been looking for the race pictures from the 5k, 10k and 1/2 marathon on photopass on mde but cannot see any of them for any of us who did the races. Overall, there were 5 of us in the various races. What am I doing wrong? How can I find my pictures? By now there should be some, right?
Did you put in the codes using the directions from the race program or back of the race bibs?

So of all the injuries I was worried about - random foot pain wasn't one of them. The outside of my left foot is incredibly painful to walk on; it didn't hurt until three days ago, and it's progressively getting worse. No swelling, redness, or warmth to this touch - it just really hurts! Any insight into what it could be and more importantly, if it's likely to heal on its own?

Did you put in the codes using the directions from the race program or back of the race bibs?
Thanks for your help! I didn't realize that the Photopass ID was the same as the RaceID! and then I figured out that I have to use the side arrow to find the 'runDisney' tab...I was clicking on Epcot and MK tabs to find the pictures! Again, thanks for all of your help throughout this thread!

So of all the injuries I was worried about - random foot pain wasn't one of them. The outside of my left foot is incredibly painful to walk on; it didn't hurt until three days ago, and it's progressively getting worse. No swelling, redness, or warmth to this touch - it just really hurts! Any insight into what it could be and more importantly, if it's likely to heal on its own?

There are quite a few things it could be, but there are a few self-treatment options you could try if you're hesitant to see the doc right away. I'm not a medical expert, so I'm in no way suggesting that this replace "real" medical advice.

Things that help my feet:
*Compression sock
*Plantar fasciitis sleeve
*Rolling out on a frozen water bottle or golf ball
*Taping
*rest/elevation/ice/Advil
*Stretches that target opening the feet

It's a good idea to make sure you're wearing good, supportive shoes all the time too. Walking barefoot around your house or "fashion over function" shoes to work can aggravate some conditions like plantar fasciitis.

If it's really bad, I would go see a Dr. though. A lot of things can cause foot pain. There is all sorts of stuff in there that you don't think about until something is off.

I have had both tendinitis in my foot and plantar fasciitis. I went to the Dr. to rule out a stress fracture pretty quickly after the pain started in both cases because I made it rapidly worse. I'm not so good at resting my feet.

I hope you feel better soon!

So what did everyone come home with as souvenirs from your trip??

I bought quite a bit now that I think about it! Well, a lot for me. I'm not much of a souvenir person.

Preorder 1/2 marathon jacket
White GSC long sleeve shirt
GSC car magnet
Rawthreads tank
2 Sparkle skirts
Pandora bracelet - bracelet, belle charm with the rose and 2 clips. 20% AP discount helped bring the cost down!

Here's my shopping list:

My dd got the HM NB sneakers and a dress at the expo
I got the race Dooney plus I got a second non-race Dooney and I bought one of the Dooney banners after the half (I have the last three years now)
The pink 1/2 sweatshirt

I was sad that there was not a lot of BatB specific race merch, but I got a couple of things at the shop in MK, including the BatB teas.

I went nuts with the buying, because it was my first Half and first Challenge. I did the 5K last year but was so clueless I didn't even know there was a Disney merchandise area, so never visited it! I definitely made up for it this year with this:

pre-order challenge pin
pre-order jacket
blue Cindy "I run for bling" t-shirt
challenge car magnet
5K "I did it" pin for my MIL
"I did it" Half t-shirt
"I did it" Challenge t-shirt (on app yesterday)
Haunted Mansion NB shoes
rawthreads "I'm with the villains" tank
three sparkle skirts (mouse in the mix, pixie hollow, Lilo red/white floral pattern)

AND I forgot to return and re-buy my pre-order items to get my AP discount - d'oh! But I properly introduced my mom and aunt to raw threads, sparkle skirts, KT tape and Balega socks. I also did keep my park spending to a minimum. Just one Marie top and about five pins at the Epcot kiosk is all I bought outside of race merch.

They didn't let us do returns for AP discount. So you didn't miss anything @The Expert
Good to know. The checkout line was huge when I was there so I decided not to try it.

OH! Well, then I'm glad I didn't bother. There was NO line when I was there on Thursday afternoon, so I felt stupid for not doing it when I realized it two days later.

There are quite a few things it could be, but there are a few self-treatment options you could try if you're hesitant to see the doc right away. I'm not a medical expert, so I'm in no way suggesting that this replace "real" medical advice.

Things that help my feet:
*Compression sock
*Plantar fasciitis sleeve
*Rolling out on a frozen water bottle or golf ball
*Taping
*rest/elevation/ice/Advil
*Stretches that target opening the feet

It's a good idea to make sure you're wearing good, supportive shoes all the time too. Walking barefoot around your house or "fashion over function" shoes to work can aggravate some conditions like plantar fasciitis.

If it's really bad, I would go see a Dr. though. A lot of things can cause foot pain. There is all sorts of stuff in there that you don't think about until something is off.

I have had both tendinitis in my foot and plantar fasciitis. I went to the Dr. to rule out a stress fracture pretty quickly after the pain started in both cases because I made it rapidly worse. I'm not so good at resting my feet.

I hope you feel better soon!

Thank you so much! Living in Florida I live in bare feet or flip flops, and I think that is making it worse. I'll buy a compression sock today too.

Rest is sadly not an option, my husband is working in Tokyo and I'm running around after a 4-year old and an 11-month old!

So what did everyone come home with as souvenirs from your trip??

I went a little nuts too. I hadn't anticipated there still being things that I liked so much since I didn't get to visit the expo until Saturday, so I was super pleasantly surprised.
HM Car Magnet
HM Grey Headband
Live like a beauty jacket
Black HM tank w/ the flowers up the side
preorder pin
I also strongly **suggested** to DH that he **could** buy a rose at the end of the race for me **if he wanted to** and then helped steer him to the cart. That rose made it back on the plane and lasted all week. Kudos to the Disney florist there. I think the smell of roses will remind me of this trip from now on. <3
I'm counting my mylar blanket as a souvenir too. I've never gotten one before! That thing is AWESOME. It worked so well for keeping us warm waiting before Illuminations. It is really easy to stuff in a park bag too.

I'm going through trip planning withdrawal now. The snowstorm when we returned wasn't helping either. I'm usually emotionally numb to snow at about this point in the year, but that one really really made me miss the beach at the Poly.

A lot of you mentioned getting pins. Does anyone do anything fun/unique with their pins from Disney to display them?

Just talked my sister and sister in law into 2018! So excited! And my cousin may join us too. Now to make sure we all get registered, hoping for the challenge.

Just got home from WDW - our PHM trip is officially over. It was an amazing 8 days from start to finish. DD cried as we pulled away from the hotel today and I couldn't blame her!

Not sure I'll be running tomorrow - it's soooo cold (16 degrees was quite a reality check!)

I really managed to exert self control at the expo - I walked away with ONE sweaty band.

I didn't buy much at the expo (tervis wine glass) but the shop Disney parks app killed me. Sweatshirt and the shot glass (and a small World phone case) will be mine soon.

Peroneus longus attaches on the outside of the side of the foot.

I'm counting my mylar blanket as a souvenir too.

You got one? You must have finished much earlier than me because I didn't even see one.

I love reading about everyone's souvenirs! :)

I came home with the HM "I did it" shirt, HM car magnet, Starbucks Disney cold cup, Starbucks MK mug (drinking out of it now!), Pandora Disney crown charm, Pandora pearl earrings (not Disney related, but I've had my eye on them for a while), classic WDW sweatshirt, princess Minnie key chain, and the Beauty and the Beast blueray anniversary set (we only had it on VHS- crazy!). It's just too fun to shop at Disney!

I bought quite a bit now that I think about it! Well, a lot for me. I'm not much of a souvenir person.

Preorder 1/2 marathon jacket
White GSC long sleeve shirt
GSC car magnet
Rawthreads tank
2 Sparkle skirts
Pandora bracelet - bracelet, belle charm with the rose and 2 clips. 20% AP discount helped bring the cost down!

I love my pandora bracelet and try to get a new charm on every trip (not just Disney). I hope you love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter