2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

It's a tiny bit comforting knowing other people are fighting colds too. Misery loves company! Hopefully we all get over them quickly so we can enjoy our race weekend!

Hopefully we all get over them quickly so we can enjoy our race weekend!

Yep. If we gotta get 'em we might as well do it now.

For me, next week is my son's break week from his dance classes but then he has a dance convention at the end of the week. I want to be healthy for that, then healthy for Princess. So catching a cold NOW is the best timing if I had to get one.

Right!? Earliest will probably be February 21, but I think it'll be closer to the 22nd just before the expo on the 23rd.

I hope it's not like Avengers from last year when the runners on Instagram released the shirts before runDisney even did it! :P

In 2014, the Princess volunteers took pictures when they were making the packets. Obviously that didn't happen again.

Yep. If we gotta get 'em we might as well do it now.

For me, next week is my son's break week from his dance classes but then he has a dance convention at the end of the week. I want to be healthy for that, then healthy for Princess. So catching a cold NOW is the best timing if I had to get one.

True. Better now than in a couple of weeks!

Happy birthday!

I was derailed quite a bit due to a lot of travel. I had great intentions of keeping up on training during those trips, but didn't do more than a few short runs. However, I'm feeling good now! I'm right in the middle of my hardest two week stretch on the plan DopeyBadger set up for me. Did a four mile "long" run Sunday, four miles at easy "A" on Monday, five at easy "B" on Tuesday and a tough Tempo run yesterday (one mile fast walk warm up, three miles at race speed, then one mile fast walk cool down). All but of those have been on the dreadmill, ugh. But the weather looks good for my 9 mile long run tomorrow to be back outside! I'm a bit nervous as it's been a month since I really did a long run, and it was 8 miles, but I know I can do it. Next week is a similar schedule, ending with an 11 mile long run. GULP!

This past week has been the first time I'm feeling really confident I can definitely finish the Half, and could even run it if I decided to. Being in corral G was also a confidence boost, as I know now for SURE I can take walk breaks when I need them, stop for characters, etc. and still be fine. My only real concern is weather. I don't do well in heat so PRAYING for a nice, cool morning. Really getting excited for it now!
I'm in G too.

I just got a call from Disney. My mom and I were scheduled for POR. The CM said "Because of an error in our inventory system, would you be willing to switch to AKL?"

Um, I'm not sure I could a handle such a terrible downgrade. :rotfl2:

So, it's not the CL that I think @courtneybeth got, but I never thought I'd get to stay in a Deluxe! Very excited! Of course now I have to reschedule everything, since Boma is right there tempting me with breakfast...:banana:
I got the same call--4 POR rooms, total of 13 nights, all upgraded to AKL!!!! To good to be true--but next morning I saw the confirmation on My Disney Experience. I am crazy excited, and agree, Boma is calling...........

Did you all ( @courtneybeth and @40-Something Kid ) book through rundisney or just online? That is awesome!

I booked Coronado Springs through the normal site when there was no discount or anything. We selected a Business Class room because we wanted the better bed, robes, and food. Little did we know that the day we bought our AP and were having lunch at Sanna @ Animal Kingdom (coincidence?) that we got the call that we'd been moved to Savannah view, club room. :D

A bit bummed that we're not staying at Coronado Springs, but I love AKL and am excited to return to Jambo House this time. I hope more people get upgrades! Fingers crossed.

@Bree - I was told that Business Class rooms at Coronado Springs were undergoing reservations and we had to be moved. To get AKL Club for essentially buy 2 nights, get two free was major pixie dust! :)

As I said, I'm bummed to have been moved but I'm perfectly fine sitting on my balcony drinking beer, icing my legs and watching the animals frolic down below.

@Bree - I was told that Business Class rooms at Coronado Springs were undergoing reservations and we had to be moved. To get AKL Club for essentially buy 2 nights, get two free was major pixie dust! :)

As I said, I'm bummed to have been moved but I'm perfectly fine sitting on my balcony drinking beer, icing my legs and watching the animals frolic down below.

I knew about the renovations at CSR. I was bumped from Beach Club to the Grand Floridian due to renovations at the Yacht Club. I was wondering about POR....maybe I'll go lurk on the Resorts board and see what's up!

I was bumped from Beach Club to the Grand Floridian due to renovations at the Yacht Club.

Lucky. Why can't bay lake be having renovations that cause is to be put in GF?

This cold I've got is icky.

Mother in law decided to go to the ER yesterday because she thought she was going to die (she wants to) and she didn't want us to find her. ERs don't generally just let you die though, so she's now being irritated by the hospital rigamarole (and has a roommate too because the hospital closest in miles to her still does that) while being treated for pneumonia.

I can't go there today to make sure she's being treated well (the hospital she's at has been super-sketchy in her care in the past and needs watching over) because I don't want to catch more bugs while my immune system is down!

And I got my tester Altras two days early but can't try them out for a run yet. Boo!

I think I might see if my kid would like to play some Lego Harry Potter on the PS3 today. Since Battlestar Galactica (original) is now off Netflix it seems a decent replacement sick day activity. :)

Lucky. Why can't bay lake be having renovations that cause is to be put in GF?

This cold I've got is icky.

Mother in law decided to go to the ER yesterday because she thought she was going to die (she wants to) and she didn't want us to find her. ERs don't generally just let you die though, so she's now being irritated by the hospital rigamarole (and has a roommate too because the hospital closest in miles to her still does that) while being treated for pneumonia.

I can't go there today to make sure she's being treated well (the hospital she's at has been super-sketchy in her care in the past and needs watching over) because I don't want to catch more bugs while my immune system is down!

And I got my tester Altras two days early but can't try them out for a run yet. Boo!

I think I might see if my kid would like to play some Lego Harry Potter on the PS3 today. Since Battlestar Galactica (original) is now off Netflix it seems a decent replacement sick day activity. :)

sorry about all that.

anyway you can put on those shoes and walk around the house. Be sure to lace them up...use ALL the eyes. Most people don't but they are there for a reason. They really help keep the shoe in place. I hear people talk about heal blisters and chances are they are NOT lacing their shoes all the way.

AFM..I really thought I needed a long run so I went out at day break, beautiful morning, and ran 8 1/4 miles in just under one and a half hours, yep that pace is over a minute slower than last year, but no worries. I wanted to get in and shower and go to early church. I would liked to have done 9 miles, but other stuff such as showing my house this afternoon. Let's hope it moves soon as my broker has me to the point of just about giving it away. ugg.

sorry about all that.

anyway you can put on those shoes and walk around the house. Be sure to lace them up...use ALL the eyes. Most people don't but they are there for a reason. They really help keep the shoe in place. I hear people talk about heal blisters and chances are they are NOT lacing their shoes all the way.

Thanks for listening.

I have the smaller size on as I type. The toe box looks just like my beloved older NB minimus. It's weird to have the little bump up under my arch but you can tell that it does go all the way down to heel level at the toe. And they are Cinderella blue. :)

I like that I can spread my hobbit toes out. :). These have potential!

OK I actually like that. How did you attach it?

(while I sit here continuing to check if the Altras hurt like the Merrells did, and as I cough, hubby and son are doing the yardwork so we can fill the yardwaste bins for tomorrow. we are still pulling out IVY and cutting away a half-knocked-down juniper bush etc. As much as I love doing those things, it's nice to not have to today. :))

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter